Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences (4447 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election / The Man That Started Tribalism In Nigeria / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 31, 2023
Christistruth03:

Ojukwu dragged them into his senseless war just because he wanted to be Emperor of Southern Nigeria

When he abandoned them in the War front he left many of them confused , enraged and embittered

Instead of Ojukwu to confess the Truth to his people when he returned from exile

he went on another lying false Propaganda campaign

Ojukwu still greater than all your tribesmen combined cheesy

How does that make you feel?

8 Likes

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Igwe9(m): 7:33pm On May 31, 2023
duro4chang:
Always playing victim mentality.
This is nt victim mentality, it doesn't matter anyways, it only makes the person appear foolish

4 Likes

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Occurstaem(m): 7:50pm On May 31, 2023
Ooni:
Every tribe is complaining about us and you call it character assassination. Isn't that playing the ostrich?
How can Seun allow this moniker to be impersonating the Ooni?
Unequivocally, the moniker was solely created to malign Yoruba.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by MrAmbrose(m): 7:53pm On May 31, 2023
The way they mentioned "Yourba", I feel for them.

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by astonished: 8:10pm On May 31, 2023
It's now turn of Yoruba, and not Fulani or Hausa trybe anymore, so Yoruba should prepare for hatred from the children of hate from now on.

Suddenly, Yoruba people are tribalist and millions different trybes from Nigeria are rushing to their states to settle.

IPOD/Obidient should just note that we know it pain them very well, that their Messiah can't get to the site of power, but may God punish all of you and you all shall remain third citizens In this country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Warl0ck: 8:14pm On May 31, 2023
GREATIGB0MAN:
Check their post on Nl alone

Most of them are Very backward
and dirty.....

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Warl0ck: 8:20pm On May 31, 2023
astonished:
It's now turn of Yoruba, and not Fulani or Hausa trybe anymore, so Yoruba should prepare for hatred from the children of hate from now on.

Suddenly, Yoruba people are tribalist and millions different trybes from Nigeria are rushing to their states to settle.

IPOD/Obidient should just note that we know it pain them very well, that their Messiah can't get to the site of power, but may God punish all of you and you all shall remain third citizens In this country
chaii

See Lamentation grin grin

Na there e pain u reach?

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by PoloG: 8:34pm On May 31, 2023
GREATIGB0MAN:

Ojukwu still greater than all your tribesmen combined cheesy

How does that make you feel?
ojukwu that ran to ivory coast dressed in feminine apparels because he heard Benjamin adekunle was coming for him grin

7 Likes

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by backtovillage: 8:36pm On May 31, 2023
MrColdsweat:
A yarriba man can hate because of ordinary greeting. For unilag that year, a professor almost failed everyone because I refused to prostrate.

Come see as all my yarriba colleagues dey beg me to make I prostrate.grin
We both discussed this, And your excuse was Culture should not b respected in institutions of learning.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by MrColdsweat: 8:38pm On May 31, 2023
backtovillage:

We both discussed this, And your excuse was Culture should not b respected in institutions of learning.
My position was cultural practices should not be imposed or enforced in learning institutions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by OneCandleAway(f): 8:44pm On May 31, 2023
The northerners tolerate yoruba but don't like igbo. That's my northern experience.

Also, when I needed accommodation the school said they can't provide. But when a northerner needed accommodation miraculously the money was available to rent for her.

It's all good though.

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Mantilla(m): 9:25pm On May 31, 2023
Occurstaem:
As expected. Coming from the stable of the predictable, one-way traffic people from the land of the sit-at-home madness.

I know this is what Yoruba people will be facing from the children of hate and perdition whenever a Yoruba man is the President of Nigeria. Four years is long.

You're embarking on character assassination of a whole tribe because of your hatred for Yoruba. But don't cry victims when the favour is returned. Okan gbogbo yin onibale.

Yoruba are not your mate.
Deal with it.
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, is the president of Nigeria with the power of God.
There's nothing you cannibalistic people can do about.

Am very sorry for you.

This is all you could come up with after all this people pointing at Yoruba people for being tribalistic.

You are a Goat.

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by oyatz(m): 9:28pm On May 31, 2023
Many young Igbos will intensify their campaign of hatred against the Yorubas since May-29,2023.
They did similar things against the Fulanis from 2015-2023 without achieving their objective - Political Power.

This young Igbo guys fail to understand the Political Context of Nigeria...You can NOT win by antagonizing others.

4 Likes

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Akinfemmy(m): 9:48pm On May 31, 2023
It baffles me how you hate a tribe this much but you will still do everything to migrate there. I detest tribalism but the igbos would summon the demon in you. Are the yorubas the reason for your misfortune?

While i was in camp, i came across alot of tribes and when i had a conversation with them. I was made to understand that many of them "worked" their way to that camp. Besides, my platoon leader was an indigene of port Harcourt. I mean nobody gave a hoot where you're from as long as you're capable and efficient in whatever duty you're assigned. Even the state coordinator of oyo is not a Yoruba. It just so surprising that yorubas that happen to be the most accomodating tribe are still the one getting hated. See if una bastard wailers experience true tribalism una no go even have the thought of coming to the west.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 31, 2023
Akinfemmy:
It baffles me how you hate a tribe this much but you will still do everything to migrate there. I detest tribalism but the igbos would summon the demon in you. Are the yorubas the reason for your misfortune?

While i was in camp, i came across alot of tribes and when i had a conversation with them. I was made to understand that many of them "worked" their way to that camp. Besides, my platoon leader was an indigene of port Harcourt. I mean nobody gave a hoot where you're from as long as you're capable and efficient in whatever duty you're assigned. Even the state coordinator of oyo is not a Yoruba. It just so surprising that yorubas that happen to be the most accomodating tribe are still the one getting hated. See if una bastard wailers experience true tribalism una no go even have the thought of coming to the west.
I can only pray god cure their heart from their extreme hatred and bitterness and that Yoruba people continue to be positive and not respond to the bitterness, blackmail and hatred against them
Amen

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Raf4: 10:00pm On May 31, 2023
Occurstaem:
As expected. Coming from the stable of the predictable, one-way traffic people from the land of the sit-at-home madness.

I know this is what Yoruba people will be facing from the children of hate and perdition whenever a Yoruba man is the President of Nigeria. Four years is long.

You're embarking on character assassination of a whole tribe because of your hatred for Yoruba. But don't cry victims when the favour is returned. Okan gbogbo yin onibale.

Deal with it.
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, is the president of Nigeria with the power of God.

Their hatred for Yoruba is inborn. They are raised and taught to hate. Funny enough after NYSC, 99% of them will eventually settle down in Yorubaland to earn a living πŸ˜‰

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Bulldozer90: 10:02pm On May 31, 2023
oyatz:
Many young Igbos will intensify their campaign of hatred against the Yorubas since May-29,2023.
They did similar things against the Fulanis from 2015-2023 without achieving their objective - Political Power.

This young Igbo guys fail to understand the Political Context of Nigeria...You can NOT win by antagonizing others.
This is the tribalism they are talking about. The op raised a question without mentioning a particular tribe. Respondents across ethnic and religious divides mentioned a particular ethnic group. Instead learning how to become more receptive to non Yorubas, you a starting another cycle of tribalism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Collins4u1(m): 10:04pm On May 31, 2023
illicit:
Well everybody to their own experiences

Here in Abuja, I have met Akwa ibomites and igbos who uses every opportunity to remind me that I am Yoruba WTF

shocked

Na because say u get H factor nah...

is that tribalism?
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Christistruth03: 10:10pm On May 31, 2023
Raf4:

Their hatred for Yoruba is inborn. They are raised and taught to hate. Funny enough after NYSC, 99% of them will eventually settle down in Yorubaland to earn a living πŸ˜‰

Their Grandchildren in Ibadan and Ekiti are already identifying themselves as Yorubas
The hate mustn’t be taken to heart
Only wisely know the wheat from the Chaffs

4 Likes

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Brimstone77: 10:13pm On May 31, 2023
Occurstaem:

Deal with it.

God keep us alive..

We will see how tinubus presidency will better your life after his term.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Okwyjesus(m): 10:31pm On May 31, 2023
Occurstaem:

Deal with it.

Yorubas are very tribalist people even in church.

It's bad. That's just the honest truth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by nnamdi640: 10:42pm On May 31, 2023
pandoragirigory:
They are attacking Yoruba because Yoruba man is the president , Ojukwu people are irredeemable and mischievous, they are known for attacking Fulanis when buhari was the president, now it is time to attack Yoruba , either you like it or not, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Jagaban the Eze-Chukwu of Igbo land will be president for 8 good years, no man born out of woman can unseat him
Same way you attack Igbos during the time of general Ironsi, despite that his right man was a Yoruba man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Isobug: 10:46pm On May 31, 2023
duro4chang:
Always playing victim mentality.
This statement is stale already.
Keep being wicked so that you tell those you wicked that they are playing victim mentality

1 Like

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by DodadaKoKigbe: 10:49pm On May 31, 2023
My question to Igbos: If Yoruba are as tribalistic as you claim, how come your preferred destination within Nigeria is Yorubaland? The Igbos in Yorubaland alone are more than enough to form two different African countries. So, you say Yorubas are bad people, but you prefer to live and work in their land than ANY other place in Nigeria. Something is NOT adding up.

6 Likes

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by goodjack(m): 10:50pm On May 31, 2023
Back those days for Kaima camp in Bayelsa State, one mumu Yoruba boy commot chair for my nash. I no expect any rubbish tribal stuff.
I was part of the NYSC band in camp. We were regular sha. You know say Bayelsa get riverine areas. Band member are posted to the capital. Our band leader then na Yoruba boy.
A week to camp closing, this boy commot all our names and replaced us with Yoruba boys wey no even be band members. We wey be Igbo and other tribes had their names removed and the last list secretly submitted.
The matter vex me well. I told him in his face that we will meet in Yenagoa. I warned him to avoid me in Yenagoa. I made my moves to avoid being sent across water.
Well I met him in Yenagoa and he frankly avoided me.
I have helped a good number of Yorubas who are my friend in Yenagoa. In my line of duty, I have saved the job of three Yoruba guys. They are very appreciative till this moment.
My Bayelsa NYSC camp experience did not bring out the bad but it thought me to eat h my back all the time.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by DodadaKoKigbe: 10:51pm On May 31, 2023
Ooni:
I am Ebow but I pretend to be Yoruba so I can make f00lish statements like this: My people as usual. We Yorubas need to change. This is so embarrassing.

You're an interesting character.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by DodadaKoKigbe: 10:54pm On May 31, 2023
MrColdsweat:
A Ebow man can hate non-Ebows for anything. For UNN that year, a professor almost failed everyone because I refused to greet him.

Come see as all my Ebow colleagues dey beg me make I greet am.grin

Interesting experience you had with a very hateful Ebow.
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by DodadaKoKigbe: 10:55pm On May 31, 2023
Kc3000:
Even Ebows, when they're being honest with themselves, know that they are extremely tribalistic. In fact, you know a Ebow person is your real friend when he/she warns you about Ebow tribalism.

Interesting analysis of Ebow tribalism. Thanks.
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by DodadaKoKigbe: 10:56pm On May 31, 2023
Zonefree:
Ebows are naturally tribalistic. I get to understand this during my service year.

If they communicate with you with Ebow language and you didn't respond with same Ebow, forget it...you're already an enemy to them.

Interesting analysis of the tribalism in Ebowland.
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by DodadaKoKigbe: 10:57pm On May 31, 2023
GREATIGB0MAN:
Check the posts of Ebows on Nl alone

Most of them are Very backward

Interesting analysis on the backwardness of Ebow people. Can you shed more light?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. / Lagos State Local Government Election: Movement Or No Movement / Dangote, Elumelu Nominated For Forbes Africa Person Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.