Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences (4446 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election / The Man That Started Tribalism In Nigeria / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by DodadaKoKigbe: 10:58pm On May 31, 2023
Ooni:
Every tribe is complaining about Ebows and Ebows call it character assassination. Isn't that playing the ostrich?

Very good question.
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by DodadaKoKigbe: 11:00pm On May 31, 2023
MP3GAGAdotCOM:
Every Nigerian is yet to know that Ebows are the most wicked tribe in Nigeria, but I like that people are becoming aware of these devils and will always put them where they belong..
As a full south-southern, I will rather deal with an Yoruba or Hausa man, but you see those Ebow_demons, never in my entire life.

Interesting analysis of the wickedness of Ebow people according to you.
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by DodadaKoKigbe: 11:03pm On May 31, 2023
Warl0ck:
Ebows are very dirty and disgusting.....

That's an interesting observation.
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by DodadaKoKigbe: 11:07pm On May 31, 2023
Okwyjesus:

Ebows are very tribalist people even in church.

It's bad. That's just the honest truth.

Even in the house of the Christian God?!
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by ruggedtimi(m): 11:14pm On May 31, 2023
I be ijaw man...na Yoruba people like tribalism pass ad very loud. Hausa like to do holy holy bt they are very nice to others, Igbo too like show off and their girls especially the married once can cheat inside the camp, ijaw boys/ph boys too like cultism and bad boys things, Edo and warri boys like to show off with cars/yahoo level, their girls runs gals wey dey sleep leave camp go run show come back and they are terrible at speaking good English. Benue/Taraba people always forming like them no follow
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by IkeIgboNiile(m): 12:05am On Jun 01, 2023
During my service year in Kano. Whenever we had our fellowship, our Muslim yoruba corpers would go ballistic and threaten to allow the Northerners inside our lodge till we put them in their place and they kept quiet forever.
In the early days,the yorubas had like 5 corpers inside our lodge while we the igbos were 3 and the rest were from other tribe but the yorubas couldn't gossip/gang up against us because one of our igbo understood yoruba perfectly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by IkeIgboNiile(m): 12:12am On Jun 01, 2023
Christistruth03

Ojukwu dragged them into his very senseless war just because he wanted to be Emperor of Southern Nigeria
that produced nothing but devastating damage and Sorrow for his People

When he finally abandoned them in the War front after they had lost almost everything

he left many of them confused , enraged and embittered

Instead of Ojukwu to confess the Truth to his people when he returned from exile

he went on another lying false Propaganda campaign

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/ojukwu-wept-under-my-shoulder-for-forgiveness-over-role-in-war-%e2%80%95-amb-ukume/

It wasn't a senseless war and one we'll gladly fight again. IBB dealt with your tribesmen and saw your guys are weak that why he made that comment about yorubas.
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by ExudeLoveToAll: 4:41am On Jun 01, 2023
solmusdesigns:

cool

Africans and envy

Now na Yoruba Dem go hate after Fulani left governance

Awon eleribu

These comments aren't coming from one section of the country, but they are essentially saying the same thing.

Criticism is there to make people better.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by ExudeLoveToAll: 4:49am On Jun 01, 2023
marlow1962:
Lmao
E cun be like racism cun better pass

No difference between racism and tribalism. They both descriminate but I'm tempted to toe your line of thoughts because how can same race discriminate against each other ? That's ridiculous.
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by ExudeLoveToAll: 4:53am On Jun 01, 2023
Occurstaem:

How can Seun allow this moniker to be impersonating the Ooni?
Unequivocally, the moniker was solely created to malign Yoruba.

This is Nairaland , anyone can use any moniker, using that moniker has nothing to do with Ooni of Ife.

The internet doesn't start and end in Ife, a lot of other tribe and languages can also have words relating to that moniker.

If the moniker has broken any Nairaland rules, get it reported.

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by solmusdesigns: 5:04am On Jun 01, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

These comments aren't coming from one section of the country, but they are essentially saying the same thing.

Criticism is there to make people better.

Where in my comment did I qoute a section of the country

Abi no be English I type
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by NSNO(m): 5:10am On Jun 01, 2023
Akinfemmy:
It baffles me how you hate a tribe this much but you will still do everything to migrate there. I detest tribalism but the igbos would summon the demon in you. Are the yorubas the reason for your misfortune?

While i was in camp, i came across alot of tribes and when i had a conversation with them. I was made to understand that many of them "worked" their way to that camp. Besides, my platoon leader was an indigene of port Harcourt. I mean nobody gave a hoot where you're from as long as you're capable and efficient in whatever duty you're assigned. Even the state coordinator of oyo is not a Yoruba. It just so surprising that yorubas that happen to be the most accomodating tribe are still the one getting hated. See if una bastard wailers experience true tribalism una no go even have the thought of coming to the west.
I won't say that they are the most accommodating but they don't deserve this level of hate.
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by marlow1962(m): 5:27am On Jun 01, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

No difference between racism and tribalism. They both descriminate but I'm tempted to toe your line of thoughts because how can same race discriminate against each other ? That's ridiculous.
Like seriously
It's funny how a black man is hating on another black man because of another black man. Meh that is the dumbest shit ever.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by duro4chang(m): 5:55am On Jun 01, 2023
Isobug:

This statement is stale already.
Keep being wicked so that you tell those you wicked that they are playing victim mentality
Wake up. Stop being childish.
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by garriAndsugar: 5:56am On Jun 01, 2023
Even in an Igbo land Enugu Yoruba corpers were still tribalistic.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by babydioku(f): 6:54am On Jun 01, 2023
It's funny how the ugliest tribe are the most tribalistic. Must be an inferiority complex and low self esteem thing

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by wisdomkid: 7:49am On Jun 01, 2023
That Ndubuisi really carried the mata for head.
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by illicit(m): 8:02am On Jun 01, 2023
Collins4u1:

Na because say u get H factor nah...

is that tribalism?

It's not about my speech

Just like they hate anything Yoruba
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by flokii: 8:06am On Jun 01, 2023
Akwa Ibom and Calabar folks like tribal sentiments pass anything.. If for example, a church is not owned by an Akwa Ibom or Calabar person, they won't attend. Even inside church they still do their thing with opposite sex recklessly.
The Igbos from Anambra are something else.. If a person is not from Anambra or states like Abia and Imo, they won't want to have anything doing with him or her (of couree there are always exceptions).
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Unperturbedpota: 8:35am On Jun 01, 2023
anungangampu:
The mumu principal just need my name to tell me, he doesn't want me lol.. even inside village and if you see how he was attending to his own tribesmen. Even begging them to stay.

Even in camp, they had to Cancel the Carnival result because the Yoroubas prepared poorly and their Oba treated us as if we didn't exist after our cultural display .

I remember joining some group of yorouba gyrating in camp after our cultural practice. As we join them, na so all of them started to leave one by one. Only two girls remained and the drummer. One of the girls is still my friend till date. Though she later posted that night "omo ibo leave me alone"

Oh my it's unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Unperturbedpota: 8:36am On Jun 01, 2023
I am from Edo state but I had a very unpleasant experience with the Yorubas that has formed my opinion till date. But out of civility I will just state that not all Yoruba are bad and tribalstic albeit a small number but still they are not all bad. So let us refrain from labelling the whole tribe pls
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by ablejesus26(m): 8:42am On Jun 01, 2023
solmusdesigns:

cool

Africans and envy

Now na Yoruba Dem go hate after Fulani left governance

Awon eleribu

At least You didn't do the Igbo hate Your creator destined You to do all the days of Your existence in Life grin

Well most of the People commenting are just like You.
Weak Minded People with bad mental health.

There are good and bad people in every Tribe.
If Your mind is not thinking like this, seek help urgently, there is something fundamentally wrong with You.
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by solmusdesigns: 8:44am On Jun 01, 2023
ablejesus26:

At least You didn't do the Igbo hate Your creator destined You to do all the days of Your existence in Life grin

Well most of the People commenting are just like You.
Weak Minded People with bad mental health.

There are good and bad people in every Tribe.
If Your mind is not thinking like this, seek help urgently, there is something fundamentally wrong with You.

Na Ibo go look for trouble na Dem go still wail

Nigga abeg dey your dey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by ablejesus26(m): 8:49am On Jun 01, 2023
solmusdesigns:

Na Ibo go look for trouble na Dem go still wail

Nigga abeg dey your dey

Na lie,na Lie grin The only thing wey You dey live and breathe for na Igbo vs Yoruba Tribal hate banters grin

Na Your destiny,the day wey You stop am, You existence for life don be dat ooo grin
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by solmusdesigns: 8:51am On Jun 01, 2023
ablejesus26:

Na lie,na Lie grin The only thing wey You dey live and breathe for na Igbo vs Yoruba Tribal hate banters grin

Na Your destiny,the day wey You stop am, You existence for life don be dat ooo grin

You don insult me and you don happy

You come add Jesus join your name

Well I forgive you , go and sin no more Omo Ibo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 01, 2023
This is what they do, create multiple accounts on Facebook, create a topic and start acting drama, writing prose and one person will be replying himself with different accounts to propagate.

You need to know their MO so you are not fooled by their hate filled ways.
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 01, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
Christistruth03

Ojukwu dragged them into his very senseless war just because he wanted to be Emperor of Southern Nigeria
that produced nothing but devastating damage and Sorrow for his People

When he finally abandoned them in the War front after they had lost almost everything

he left many of them confused , enraged and embittered

Instead of Ojukwu to confess the Truth to his people when he returned from exile

he went on another lying false Propaganda campaign

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/ojukwu-wept-under-my-shoulder-for-forgiveness-over-role-in-war-%e2%80%95-amb-ukume/

It wasn't a senseless war and one we'll gladly fight again. IBB dealt with your tribesmen and saw your guys are weak that why he made that comment about yorubas.

It’s fake news you fake people peddle. IBB never uttered those words about the Yorubas, IBB is not stupid like you that would believe such.

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by IkeIgboNiile(m): 9:27am On Jun 01, 2023
Ajagunakin

It’s fake news you fake people peddle. IBB never uttered those words about the Yorubas, IBB is not stupid like you that would believe such.

Even if he didn't say those words, actions of the northerners towards your guys show that.Abacha humiliated and jailed the highest ranking yoruba and you guys couldn't do a thing.
You lots are weak cowards and that's facts.
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by ablejesus26(m): 10:03am On Jun 01, 2023
solmusdesigns:

You don insult me and you don happy

You come add Jesus join your name

Well I forgive you , go and sin no more Omo Ibo

Haha typical thinking of mentally unstable tribalist grin

So for your mind now, omo Igbo na jab now too abi grin

Aswear tribalist no get sense fa.

Continue to do tribal hate, na watin Your creator create You for be dis oo grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tribunal Upholds Yayannan’s Election Into Jigawa Assembly / Breaking.!!! Supreme Court Postpones Rivers Guber Ruling / Buhari Ministerial Nominee, Farouk Aliyu Threatened War If GEJ Won Reelection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.