Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences (4448 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election / The Man That Started Tribalism In Nigeria / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by PoloG: 10:32am On Jun 01, 2023
If you don't want to experience tribalism, then it is better you stay in your region instead of complaining...

Yorubas didn't force you to come to their region for nysc ... There are other regions in Nigeria ...

Go and serve there and let us rest..

1 Like

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by RacistProudIgbo: 10:53am On Jun 01, 2023
Christistruth03:

Ojukwu dragged them into his very senseless war just because he wanted to be Emperor of Southern Nigeria
that produced nothing but devastating damage and Sorrow for his People

When he finally abandoned them in the War front after they had lost almost everything

he left many of them confused , enraged and embittered

Instead of Ojukwu to confess the Truth to his people when he returned from exile so they could heal properly based on the Truth

he went on another lying false Propaganda campaign

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/ojukwu-wept-under-my-shoulder-for-forgiveness-over-role-in-war-%e2%80%95-amb-ukume/

This is needless, the senseless war killed many countless of your kind in unknown land and don't forget that Igbos are still better than you till today and did not lose any of their land.

We know.
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Christistruth03: 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2023
RacistProudIgbo:

This is needless, the senseless war killed many countless of your kind in unknown land and don't forget that Igbos are still better than you till today and did not lose any of their land.

We know.

Before the War find out who fully Controlled Port Harcourt and Calabar including the sale of Land there
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by RacistProudIgbo: 1:29pm On Jun 01, 2023
Christistruth03:

Before the War find out who fully Controlled Port Harcourt and Calabar including the sale of Land there

Till today nothing change in infact we own rivers abi ikwere now is yuruba.
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Christistruth03: 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2023
GREATIGB0MAN:

Ojukwu still greater than all your tribesmen combined cheesy

How does that make you feel?

You must be referring to the one who abandoned his people at the Warfront and fled to the Ivory coast just as the FG Soldiers were about to use his beautifully and magnificently shaped head for their gunfire practice

Instead of the man to keep his head Steady in one place , go down like a man and a real Hero to his People

At least even Premier Akintola of the West who was even a Civilian went down fighting

Not to talk of Ojukwu who was a General
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Christistruth03: 1:37pm On Jun 01, 2023
RacistProudIgbo:

Till today nothing change in infact we own rivers abi ikwere now is yuruba.

That is why Ipob trembled before Wike

Who pounded them into the dust
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by RacistProudIgbo: 1:41pm On Jun 01, 2023
Christistruth03:

That is why Ipob trembled before Wike

Who pounded them into the dust

That's ipob not Igbos because same blood flow in him too, or is he now part of your distance land...get lost boy you are hated there.
Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Landlord97: 2:00pm On Jun 01, 2023
Akinfemmy:
It baffles me how you hate a tribe this much but you will still do everything to migrate there. I detest tribalism but the igbos would summon the demon in you. Are the yorubas the reason for your misfortune?

While i was in camp, i came across alot of tribes and when i had a conversation with them. I was made to understand that many of them "worked" their way to that camp. Besides, my platoon leader was an indigene of port Harcourt. I mean nobody gave a hoot where you're from as long as you're capable and efficient in whatever duty you're assigned. Even the state coordinator of oyo is not a Yoruba. It just so surprising that yorubas that happen to be the most accomodating tribe are still the one getting hated. See if una bastard wailers experience true tribalism una no go even have the thought of coming to the west.
Mr. Man ISEYIN OYO STATE camp is the most tribalistic tribe i have ever seen in my entire life, people who had the same issues with not bringing their certificate, in the camp the YORUBA were allowed to thumb print there by officially registering only for speaking YORUBA while the other tribes especially igbos any slightly mistake in any of your documents, you would be sent home, the only people who were allowed to thumb print without their documents being complete, some YORUBA that didn't came with their HND , BSC etc were allowed to thumb print while some igbos and urogbo, AKWA IBOM, other southerners were sent home for not coming with their ND OR MAYBE THE DATE ON THEIR BSC is not 2020 but 2021, very tribalistic people Yorubas, only few amongst them were very untribalistic.
No body paid to relocate to OYO it's only your tribal people, who are scared of going to other places in Nigeria , i met them some pay as high as 120k and 100k to relocate from north east and south, they were scared because they believe that they will receive worst treatment like they give others, so brother man nobody is paying to come to oyo, saki, ogbomoso, iseyin, etc only Ibadan lively but also the town is highly tribalistic only people of strong minds can survive in Yoruba land apart from LAGOS. so nigga rest.
Your people should change ASAP before it's too late.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Akinfemmy(m): 2:11pm On Jun 01, 2023
Landlord97:
Mr. Man ISEYIN OYO STATE camp is the most tribalistic tribe i have ever seen in my entire life, people who had the same issues with not bringing their certificate, in the camp the YORUBA were allowed to thumb print there by officially registering only for speaking YORUBA while the other tribes especially igbos any slightly mistake in any of your documents, you would be sent home, the only people who were allowed to thumb print without their documents being complete, some YORUBA that didn't came with their HND , BSC etc were allowed to thumb print while some igbos and urogbo, AKWA IBOM, other southerners were sent home for not coming with their ND OR MAYBE THE DATE ON THEIR BSC is not 2020 but 2021, very tribalistic people Yorubas, only few amongst them were very untribalistic.
No body paid to relocate to OYO(i have friends from other regions that paid to be in oyo mr clown) 🤡🤡🤡 it's only your tribal people, who are scared of going to other places in Nigeria , i met them some pay as high as 120k and 100k to relocate from north east and south, they were scared because they believe that they will receive worst treatment like they give others, so brother man nobody is paying to come to oyo, saki, ogbomoso, iseyin, etc only Ibadan lively but also the town is highly tribalistic only people of strong minds can survive in Yoruba land apart from LAGOS. so nigga rest.
Your people should change ASAP before it's too late.

You're very tribalistic and bias, with this perspective. Just say people that has connection are the ones that were allowed. It has nothing to do with tribe. Me, that I'm typing this I'm a full blooded yoruba. When i arrived at the camp last year i was sent back because the date of graduation didn't tally with what i have on nysc portal and i was sent back, i had to travel back to Ogun state to make the correction. Should i call it tribalism also? My full name is a yoruba name ooo yet i wasn't allowed i was pained because i graduated since 2019 and my school were the first to delay me and nysc were now doing their own. Meanwhile, I also witnessed people who are not Yorubas but because of connection were able to do their verification despite having the same challenge. See untill you understand simple social interaction, you'd always cry of discrimination like a bi*ch.

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:22pm On Jun 01, 2023
Ooni:
My people as usual. We Yorubas need to change. This is so embarrassing.
You are not omoluabi hatred for Yorubas will kill you at last

1 Like

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by oyatz(m): 10:54pm On Jun 01, 2023
Bulldozer90:
This is the tribalism they are talking about. The op raised a question without mentioning a particular tribe. Respondents across ethnic and religious divides mentioned a particular ethnic group. Instead learning how to become more receptive to non Yorubas, you a starting another cycle of tribalism.

The Topic is about TRIBES and post is also about TRIBES.

You can make your inferences anyhow you want, that's your headache.

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
Ajagunakin

It’s fake news you fake people peddle. IBB never uttered those words about the Yorubas, IBB is not stupid like you that would believe such.

Even if he didn't say those words, actions of the northerners towards your guys show that.Abacha humiliated and jailed the highest ranking yoruba and you guys couldn't do a thing.
You lots are weak cowards and that's facts.

The Jagaban of Nigeria Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is your president for the next 8 years. That’s all that matters. Stop living in the past Abacha that you saw before is no more. Asiwaju now runs your life.

Re: Tribalism In Nigeria: Corp Members Share Experiences by Nobody: 5:23am On Jun 02, 2023
Ooni:
My people as usual. We Yorubas need to change. This is so embarrassing.
We’ll change when the rest of Nigeria can reach Yoruba in anything. Until then it should continue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imo Guber: We Will Resist Rigging Plot, APC Has No Chance – PDP / The Untold Story Of The $10.8 Billion Tax Evasion And Fraud By Chevron Nigeria / Otedola Denied Releasing Audio Tape To Media House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.