Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,550 members, 7,850,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:26 AM

How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) (2234 Views)

How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo / 2019: My Question Concerning Atiku/peter Obi's Intended Governance / Breaking: Oshimole Holds World Press Conference,insists On Saraki's Removal-pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) by seanfer(m): 8:08pm On May 31, 2023
Penguin2:

If I say, you will see the money NOW, does it mean you are seeing it now in the literal sense of the word?

It is not you guys want to read another meaning to what Obi wrote, but when it was the issue of the 36 states AND FCT you said something else. Double standard
Re: How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) by Penguin2: 8:08pm On May 31, 2023
chidiokay:

Shebi if that is if Nigeria even has the money to subsidy 50%, most of you don't even know what happening at all ... una own no pass e Lu pee 75 mediocre for social media

Nigeria use over 90% of its revenue to service loan, NNPC is not remitting one kobo and we are literally borrowing to pay subsidy to bunch thieves claiming Nigerians consume 60million barrels .. which is a big fat lie

Buhari administration ensures the 2023 budget has no provision for subsidy beyond june ... So where will Peter Obi steal 50% from to subsidy PMS for Nigeria.

Its either we keep up with subsidy or remove it completely .. partial or 50% will be counter productive on the long run.
its not gonna be easy but if our leaders are sincere we all go smile sooner than we thought

Where will Peter Obi see 50% to pay subsidy?

Have you ever heard of supplementary budget?

And hey, Obi did not say he would not remove Subsidy 100% in the long run. What he was trying to say is that the removal has to be systematic to mitigate against the harsh effects that would come with the removal.

Government first needed to remove about 50% to free up funds for itself. Then issue licenses to private companies to import fuel while supporting both modular and big refineries to come up on stream to make for local sufficiency of the product at which time the government can then remove the remaining 50%.

And I assure you, things wouldn’t have been as chaotic as they are now.
Re: How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) by chidiokay: 8:47pm On May 31, 2023
Penguin2:

Where will Peter Obi see 50% to pay subsidy?

Have you ever heard of supplementary budget?

And hey, Obi did not say he would not remove Subsidy 100% in the long run. What he was trying to say is that the removal has to be systematic to mitigate against the harsh effects that would come with the removal.

Government first needed to remove about 50% to free up funds for itself. Then issue licenses to private companies to import fuel while supporting both modular and big refineries to come up on stream to make for local sufficiency of the product at which time the government can then remove the remaining 50%.

And I assure you, things wouldn’t have been as chaotic as they are now.

You really need to take a break, i can understand you believe in Peter obi, campaigned and voted for him BUT you see what you are doing now mades no sense

The true test of a man are his actions or record atleast not words, anybody can wake up and say they we turn earth to heaven ... until you do it remains a delusion.

Peter Obi can't make a supplementary budget all becos of a re-current expenditure that that has no provision in the main budget ... how about you educate yourself on what triggers the need for supplementary budget
50% subsidy is counter productive becos marketers will still cashing out and we will still be borrowing ... that is still a burden.

Nigeria economy is on the verge of dying... survival 1st, today Nndpr have offered to issue license to private firms that want to import fuel and already we know Dangote refinery is lined up to meet Nigeria total demand in a day.
A supplementary budget will need senate approval, i.e Peter obi will have to wait for the 11th senate to settle and grant consent, we know how long these things take ... oga scramble these your 50% talk ko add up .. naa ignorance just dey worry you
Re: How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) by intruder15(m): 9:44pm On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:
Peter is not trustworthy.

He is not a man of his words and very cunning

It’s glaring he is trying to make a U-turn from his earlier statement.

I congratulate all Nigerians for not falling for this fraud.

In this life, no matter how open you are, people will still paint you black. Please watch the video related to the post you made then access yourself afterwards.
Re: How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) by Jnkay: 10:11pm On May 31, 2023
I don't know why some gullibles are still defending Tinubu for this uncoordinated removal of fuel subsidy. Funny enough those defending Tinubu online don't have cars nor uses fuel. Evil people will always be Evil.
Re: How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) by endy69: 10:16pm On May 31, 2023
chidiokay:

Shebi if that is if Nigeria even has the money to subsidy 50%, most of you don't even know what happening at all ... una own no pass e Lu pee 75 mediocre for social media

Nigeria use over 90% of its revenue to service loan, NNPC is not remitting one kobo and we are literally borrowing to pay subsidy to bunch thieves claiming Nigerians consume 60million barrels .. which is a big fat lie

Buhari administration ensures the 2023 budget has no provision for subsidy beyond june ... So where will Peter Obi steal 50% from to subsidy PMS for Nigeria.

Its either we keep up with subsidy or remove it completely .. partial or 50% will be counter productive on the long run.
its not gonna be easy but if our leaders are sincere we all go smile sooner than we thought
Between the Obidients and the batists who is now the zombies? When everyone can see that the implementation is a colossal failure you still support BAT. This is what Buhari supporters did for 8yrs. Enjoy the ride sha
Re: How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) by Styluss: 10:21pm On May 31, 2023
pick the point, mumu! He sweet you as you dey buy fuel for 600 naira abi? ode oshi !
OloYeOfEgbE:
Hmmm...

But na politician too and he dey decamp too well well..shebi?
Re: How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) by chidiokay: 10:38pm On May 31, 2023
endy69:

Between the Obidients and the batists who is now the zombies? When everyone can see that the implementation is a colossal failure you still support BAT. This is what Buhari supporters did for 8yrs. Enjoy the ride sha

How can you conclude what is suppose to relieve Nigeria economy is a colossal failure in 3days .. undecided is there anyone supporting Peter Obi that have sense at all

3days and these empty skull has written off a govt that has 4yrs
Re: How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) by endy69: 10:50pm On May 31, 2023
chidiokay:

How can you conclude what is suppose to relieve Nigeria economy is a colossal failure in 3days .. undecided is there anyone supporting Peter Obi that have sense at all

3days and these empty skull has written off a govt that has 4yrs
Bro I no write off him govt. The subsidy removal and implementation is what I wrote off. You can remember CBN telling you to calm down that you will enjoy their naira redesign but you protested. Jonathan start step by step subsidy removal but your god protested. You cannot announce the removal of subsidy at your first day in the office. What briefing has he received. Where are the people working with him to make sure the poor Nigerians that suffer much effects. USA and other countries don't subsidise petroleum because 1, there is constant power supply and other alternative means of transportation. What happened to our railway system. I am not blaming Asiwaju for not building railways or providing constant power supply but he should had considered all these before making that pronouncement. I can assure you that he will have to reverse this policy. I pray he succeeds but on this one it 1/10.
Re: How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) by Penguin2: 11:07pm On May 31, 2023
chidiokay:

You really need to take a break, i can understand you believe in Peter obi, campaigned and voted for him BUT you see what you are doing now mades no sense

The true test of a man are his actions or record atleast not words, anybody can wake up and say they we turn earth to heaven ... until you do it remains a delusion.

Peter Obi can't make a supplementary budget all becos of a re-current expenditure that that has no provision in the main budget ... how about you educate yourself on what triggers the need for supplementary budget
50% subsidy is counter productive becos marketers will still cashing out and we will still be borrowing ... that is still a burden.

Nigeria economy is on the verge of dying... survival 1st, today Nndpr have offered to issue license to private firms that want to import fuel and already we know Dangote refinery is lined up to meet Nigeria total demand in a day.
A supplementary budget will need senate approval, i.e Peter obi will have to wait for the 11th senate to settle and grant consent, we know how long these things take ... oga scramble these your 50% talk ko add up .. naa ignorance just dey worry you

Subsidy payment did not collapse Nigeria in almost 50 years, then suddenly, if subsidy is paid an hour more then Nigeria will collapse?

Make no mistake, I’m not in support of subsidy retention, I just have issues with how the removal process is being implemented.

And about the budget, supplementary budgeting can be made whether it’s for recurrent expenditure or for capital expenditure.

And talking about waiting for the 10th Senate, not 11th Senate, we are talking about people that will be inaugurated on the 13th of June. Already there’s budgetary provision for subsidy until the end of June. The supplementary budget can be prepared while waiting for their inauguration and sent to them immediately they are inaugurated.

So, what point are you making about me not understanding budget process?

1 Like

Re: How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) by obi2eze: 11:11pm On May 31, 2023
No need to argue or show them anything. Let them enjoy their renewed hopelessness. You accepted someone who's been making gaffes and made him President.

Re: How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) by chidiokay: 11:44pm On May 31, 2023
Penguin2:

Subsidy payment did not collapse Nigeria in almost 50 years, then suddenly, if subsidy is paid an hour more then Nigeria will collapse?

Make no mistake, I’m not in support of subsidy retention, I just have issues with how the removal process is being implemented.

And about the budget, supplementary budgeting can be made whether it’s for recurrent expenditure or for capital expenditure.

And talking about waiting for the 10th Senate, not 11th Senate, we are talking about people that will be inaugurated on the 13th of June. Already there’s budgetary provision for subsidy until the end of June. The supplementary budget can be prepared while waiting for their inauguration and sent to them immediately they are inaugurated.

So, what point are you making about me not understanding budget process?

The 3 main candidate agree subsidy must go, for over 13yrs we have being on these issue of subsidy must go ... why acting as tho its a sudden move.

Your response as shown you are naive and don't even know the basis ... it pointless continuing these conversation.
Re: How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) by Penguin2: 12:46am On Jun 01, 2023
chidiokay:

The 3 main candidate agree subsidy must go, for over 13yrs we have being on these issue of subsidy must go ... why acting as tho its a sudden move.

Your response as shown you are naive and don't even know the basis ... it pointless continuing these conversation.

Poor tactics at escaping from logical intercourse with me. I get it. And I excuse u. Not everyone is equipped with the logical acumen to engage me without running away.

Look at saying I don’t understand the basis of subsidy.

Why not point out the basis I don’t understand.🙄
Re: How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) by Niwdog(m): 1:17am On Jun 01, 2023
HacheNoire:

You cannot twist English.

The sentence after the word “IMMEDIATELY” nailed the coffin.

We cannot say Peter does not command good use of English, so he definitely knows what he was talking about
but English can be twisted when it comes to 'AND'
Re: How Obi Intended To Go About Subsidy Removal. (pics) by EnemyofGod2: 1:31am On Jun 01, 2023
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Welcome To The Anambra Pharmaceutical Industrial Park In Obgoji / Competition: The BUA Group, Akwa Ibom Refinery Is expected To Kick Off In 2024 / Why Are The Ibos The Only Tribe That Always Vote Correctly In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.