Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) (23749 Views)

Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings / ▶Free Basic Vehicle Information Package(BVIP) Vehicle History Record▶ / ➜ ➜ ➜ FREE FLOOD DAMAGED VEHICLE CHECKS➜➜ ➜ +234-806-036-5068 ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by Asad44: 9:28am On Jun 02, 2023
Good
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by Praxo(m): 9:35am On Jun 02, 2023
Spot on tips!

Meanwhile, you can contact me for the processing of medical report for your tinted car.

>>> CLICK HERE TO CHAT ON WHATSAPP <<<

or call. . . . 0 8 1 3 4 8 0 3 4 4 9
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by Onewazobia(m): 9:37am On Jun 02, 2023
I will like to be a business partner with you.
Any info on how to be a supply of this scan tool?

I studied Mechanical engineering
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by MrAmbrose(m): 9:39am On Jun 02, 2023
Wow! Nice tips.
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by Akemmi(m): 9:44am On Jun 02, 2023
This is very educative
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by phemmyfour: 9:46am On Jun 02, 2023
1Alex:
My point.

Buy a bicycle and manoeuvre with it within your city

Not always car
Exactly
In fact, I need tip on how to run the car on water.

No matter how short your trip is, it's still expensive running the car on fuel
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by Jokkarm2: 9:47am On Jun 02, 2023
please how much is power bike? the one the sounds dudududududududududdudududdudu.

i will adjust the speed limit very normal to avoid fatality but the sound is my priority, i love the sound.
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by slowice(m): 9:51am On Jun 02, 2023
How much for Honda brain box sef... Dem say my own Don spoil
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 02, 2023
I just did full service on my muscle Camry,guess what?

See the expenses sent to my meco below …

After this, the rewire got 8k for his work while the meco got 15k as well.

I bought also two fans for the radiator.

I did wheel balancing 3500 and also bought fuel 15000. Now,I really will not be using the car everyday as I used to except on Sundays.

I will be using my landlord’s bike 🚴

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by toluxa1(m): 9:58am On Jun 02, 2023
I have this Scanner available for N35,000.

FIXD not only gives you access to detailed engine information you can use to be more informed at the mechanic, but it also includes powerful features to help you save money and avoid costly repairs and breakdowns…

Unlike other OBD2 sensors, FIXD provides detailed, easy-to-understand information to help you feel confident at the repair shop or even complete repairs yourself.

FIXD automatically syncs to your smartphone via Bluetooth while you’re driving so that you can continuously monitor your car’s health and quickly resolve any issues.

1 Share

Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by demolagilbert: 10:00am On Jun 02, 2023
Still your plug for Car Scanners. Contact on my siggy.😎

Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by Lekan239(m): 10:01am On Jun 02, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Let's split the matter into parts so we don't loose focus.

A. Engine Electronics

* Buy a personal scan tool.

Buy a portable scanner so check for errors when they appear, if you don't know what the codes mean, enter into cartalk, post the codes and we will guide accordingly.

Some vehicles have had their warning lights removed by technicians and card dealers, this is the time to restore and scan.

* Scan code results.

Scan code results that have to do with the following will seriously affect your vehicle fuel efficiency by as much as 40-50percent.

Engine running rich or lean codes
02 sensor codes
P0128 coolant threshold
All timing related codes
Evaporative emission codes
Catalytic converter codes
Engine misfires
MAF codes
Exhaust gas recirculation codes
Variable timing codes
VTech codes
Boost pressure codes

There are more, but these are the common ones. Have them solved properly (not by clearing code) and you will save a lot on petrol.

B. Suspension

* Tyre pressures : keep tyre pressures at recommended levels (check drivers door or fuel tank cover) vehicles with low tyre pressures, consume more fuel than vehicles with the right tyre pressures.

* Wheel alignment, Ensure your alignment is on point, when you have front wheels fighting with them selves and asphalt, it causes unwanted drag, which results in more fuel consumption.

* Keep windows up when on long trips , this will reduce the amount of wind resistance the car makes, less drag more savings on fuel.

* Aerodynamics, the abuse of vehicle suspension in the name of raising vehicle height usually has consequences when done poorly, when you have the head up and tail down, you are fighting to get through the air, and constantly loosing efficiency to wind resistance. Same thing happens when you load 4 adults at the back and fill the trunk with load wink

* Sticky brakes . brake binding is a situation where the vehicle is being held down by the brake pads without application of the brake pedal. Could be caused by work done on the brake switch near brake pedal, rusted calliper pins rusted calliper prisons, faulty abs pump. Whatever the case, if you get home, splash some water on each wheel, if you have instant steam from any wheel it is binding and should be checked .

C. Service and Maintenance

* Filters sparkplugs and MAF.

Some cars never get a replacement engine air filter all their days in Nigeria , replace your engine air filter with each oil change , clean and re gap your sparkplugs to the required spark gap.

Carefuly clean MAF sensor with the required MAF cleaner, please do not do MAF cleaning unless you are sure it is required, it is not an item to clean regularly.

* Fuel Pressure

We don't have very clean petrol, so if your car begins to feel lazy especially after a long trip, might be time to check the fuel filter and strainer inside the fuel tank , if clogged replace, you will get better miles per gallon. In most vehicles, low fuel pressure will not show up as an error when scanned.

* Blocked Exhaust system.

The inability of exist gasses to quickly leave the engine into the atmosphere, will cost you more on petrol.

Some vehicles are naturally predisposed to catalyst blockage e.g Honda , Acura , Ford , Kia , Hyundai. If your vehicle is one of those you might want to get it checked out, also if your catalyst has been stolen in the past and was refilled will wire mesh or a catalyst clone which also gets blocked easily you should have it checked.

Know your vehicle, if a vehicle starts dragging, something is off and should be checked . Blockages in exhaust in exhaust systems will not show up on scan results for most vehicles, it takes a smart tech/owner to detect it in early stages.
the code I posted since last week on car talk. No one answer me up till this moment
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by TheOldGods: 10:26am On Jun 02, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
Bad Driving habits.

* Vehicle idling
Starting the car and leaving it to idle for 10-15 mins before leaving the house.... It's gone! Start the car, put it in drive and drive cheesy, don't waste 10-15mins of fuel.

You must really be a bad mechanic. So because of 600 naira fuel, I should start my car immediately and start driving at full speed without allowing my engine to warm up about, or even telling your clients to drive slow if they happen not to warm up. I pity those who listens to your advice. You're among those bad mechanic that fixed one and destroys 4

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by apache4: 10:27am On Jun 02, 2023
Please tell us one highway in Anambra where one can drive for at least 30 minutes without encountering any of the above mentioned..

Oga answer the question first ?

Me too I'm from Anambra and i reside here in Awka

buygala

Manuella4ace:

Oga go sit down, try apply wisdom when needed, we still dey talk on how to run your vehicle efficiently.
If you like you can use cruise control inside holdup or check point, it's your choice.
600 per liter go teach you how to economize.
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by cerpvad(m): 10:30am On Jun 02, 2023
Clean your Idle Air Control Valve regularly. It makes engine run optimally and saves fuel.
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by buygala(m): 10:37am On Jun 02, 2023
TheOldGods:
You must really be a bad mechanic. So because of 600 naira fuel, I should start my car immediately and start driving at full speed without allowing my engine to warm up about, or even telling your clients to drive slow if they happen not to warm up. I pity those who listens to your advice. You're among those bad mechanic that fixed one and destroys 4

Calm down.. Don't put words in op's mouth..

He is totally right on the point that you should drive your car immediately you start it.... . I don't know where you got the part about driving it at full speed immediately after that.

As e be say you be cow wey no get brain, you fit even redline kickdown your car while driving out of your house.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by utepu: 10:42am On Jun 02, 2023
Thanks for the tips

A. Engine Electronics

Buy a portable scanner so check for errors when they appear, if you don't know what the codes mean, enter into cartalk, post the codes and we will guide accordingly.

Some vehicles have had their warning lights removed by technicians and card dealers, this is the time to restore and scan.

* Scan code results.

Scan code results that have to do with the following will seriously affect your vehicle fuel efficiency by as much as 40-50percent.

02 sensor codes
P0128 coolant threshold
All timing related codes
Engine misfires
MAF codes
Variable timing codes
VTech codes
Boost pressure codes

There are more, but these are the common ones. Have them solved properly (not by clearing code) and you will save a lot on petrol.

B. Suspension

* Tyre pressures : keep tyre pressures at recommended levels (check drivers door or fuel tank cover) vehicles with low tyre pressures, consume more fuel than vehicles with the right tyre pressures.

* Wheel alignment, Ensure your alignment is on point, when you have front wheels fighting with them selves and asphalt, it causes unwanted drag, which results in more fuel consumption.

* Keep windows up when on long trips , this will reduce the amount of wind resistance the car makes, less drag more savings on fuel.

* Aerodynamics, the abuse of vehicle suspension in the name of raising vehicle height usually has consequences when done poorly, when you have the head up and tail down, you are fighting to get through the air, and constantly loosing efficiency to wind resistance. Same thing happens when you load 4 adults at the back and fill the trunk with load wink

* Sticky brakes . brake binding is a situation where the vehicle is being held down by the brake pads without application of the brake pedal. Could be caused by work done on the brake switch near brake pedal, rusted calliper pins rusted calliper prisons, faulty abs pump. Whatever the case, if you get home, splash some water on each wheel, if you have instant steam from any wheel it is binding and should be checked .

Some cars never get a replacement engine air filter all their days in Nigeria , replace your engine air filter with each oil change , clean and re gap your sparkplugs to the required spark gap.

Carefuly clean MAF sensor with the required MAF cleaner, please do not do MAF cleaning unless you are sure it is required, it is not an item to clean regularly.

* Fuel Pressure

We don't have very clean petrol, so if your car begins to feel lazy especially after a long trip, might be time to check the fuel filter and strainer inside the fuel tank , if clogged replace, you will get better miles per gallon. In most vehicles, low fuel pressure will not show up as an error when scanned.

The inability of exist gasses to quickly leave the engine into the atmosphere, will cost you more on petrol.

Some vehicles are naturally predisposed to catalyst blockage e.g Honda , Acura , Ford , Kia , Hyundai. If your vehicle is one of those you might want to get it checked out, also if your catalyst has been stolen in the past and was refilled will wire mesh or a catalyst clone which also gets blocked easily you should have it checked.

Know your vehicle, if a vehicle starts dragging, something is off and should be checked . Blockages in exhaust in exhaust systems will not show up on scan results for most vehicles, it takes a smart tech/owner to detect it in early stages. [/quote]
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:46am On Jun 02, 2023
buygala:

Calm down.. Don't put words in op's mouth..

He is totally right on the point that you should drive your car immediately you start it.... . I don't know where you got the part about driving it at full speed immediately after that.

As e be say you be cow wey no get brain, you fit even redline kickdown your car while driving out of your house.

Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by Elsueno: 10:51am On Jun 02, 2023
TheOldGods:

You are just looking for trouble 😂, He didn't say hit the pedal to the metal like u wan turn d car into a rocket.. But start car & drive( which is normal & advisable for all modern cars)..BUT if u have an older car that use carburetor, then U can warm for a bit B4 driving..

Gazuz get him own problems but screwing up people cars ain't one of them, as far as I know sha

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by iHateFraudsters: 10:54am On Jun 02, 2023
buygala:

Please tell us one highway in Anambra where one can drive for at least 30 minutes without encountering any of the above mentioned.. ...

If after highlighting this part of my earlier post, you still don't get the point, I leave you with God.

You claim to know Anambra state but it seems it's been long since you went there.

There're lots of roads you can use cruise control.

Checkpoints?

And there are no checkpoints like you said in your previous post.

Unknown gun men?

You clearly haven't been to Anambra state.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by EDUECO(m): 11:05am On Jun 02, 2023
Oga lawyer kunle,I beg no be fight we dey fight here!

From experience,60 to 80 km/h is the best speed if you really want to economize fuel in a car.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by Jagermeister(m): 11:09am On Jun 02, 2023
buygala:

Cruise Control on Naija Pothole infested road grin

Doing 70km/hr on a highway is as bad, if not worse than overspeeding.. In some countries, it's an offence to drive so slow on a highway.

Op has hit the salient points...

Secondary points are that Naija petrol burns very fast, compared to that of some other countries.... So no go get high BP trying to get factory mpg on Naija fuel.. Then mix into the mayhem stations that sell fuel mixed with kerosene or even water , or those who outrightly adjust their pump to cheat....

Leaky injectors and faulty fuel lines can also negatively impact fuel consumption...

Lastly, it can be quite an expensive habit if one gets too obsessed with maintaining vehicle fuel economy.... Money wey u no wan spend for fuel na im u go carry dash Mecho and parts seller.. Mechanics don't work for free.. Parts aren't free either...Checking a little this and rechecking a minor that can pile up a quite hefty repair bill, if one isn't careful.. Besides, there is also the risk that while trying to fix something minor, something major might get damaged.. Dat one na the handiwork of most naija mechos.. Repair one, spoil four... Next thing you go hear na "Oga na so you bring the moto come here"... God no go gree make mecho wey dey try trace 02 sensor wiring go trace and join the one wey go fry ECU grin... Then you will wish you had instead, simply bought fuel and kept moving... Which is exactly what you should have done in the first place.

E get some minor tins wey e go better make you just dey drive the moto dey go laidat.. If you no wan dey buy fuel, buy bicycle, ladies motorcycle, or trek

Baba I get your point... This matter na very common issue as serious as it is...

Most times ehn, e better to just dey drive the tuke tuke dey go laidat.. for peace to reign.
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by Osanoghodua1: 11:21am On Jun 02, 2023
Please, I am currently using Hardex Gold Engine oil for my Toyota Corolla, I change oil every 6months, I only drive to church and sometimes to work, most times it's parked. Kindly let me know if this oil is okay

Pls recommend a good new tyre for me and the price.

I currently live in Benin City. Thanks
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by qtx(m): 11:45am On Jun 02, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

A. Engine Electronics

* Scan code results.

02 sensor codes
P0128 coolant threshold
All timing related codes
Engine misfires
MAF codes
Variable timing codes
VTech codes
Boost pressure codes

B. Suspension

* Fuel Pressure

Know your vehicle, if a vehicle starts dragging, something is off and should be checked . Blockages in exhaust in exhaust systems will not show up on scan results for most vehicles, it takes a smart tech/owner to detect it in early stages.
How will you start such article with BUY when the content is about how we can survive the subsidy?
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by fineboynl(m): 12:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
All this ontop of fuel. While try to save fuel i end up causing more damage that causes more money.

Since you then i nor de bother because the difference is minimum and wouldn’t make much difference if e too much maybe 3-5 litters from a full tank.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enjoy 30% Off On Our Comprehensive Vehicle History Reports *+234-806-036-5068 / Sell Your Cars Now & 10X Faster Anywhere In Nigeria. / Urgently Need To Sell My Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R 2011 , Pls I Need Serious Buyer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.