Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) (23783 Views)

Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings / ▶Free Basic Vehicle Information Package(BVIP) Vehicle History Record▶ / ➜ ➜ ➜ FREE FLOOD DAMAGED VEHICLE CHECKS➜➜ ➜ +234-806-036-5068 ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by Osanoghodua1: 1:46pm On Jun 03, 2023
nymphomaniac:
what is the oil weight? For tyre, Bridgestone or Firestone if you can afford a new one. I don’t like those Chinese tyres like austone

SAE 5W-30 API SN/CF

it's fully synthetic
Hardex GOLD is the brand name.

Can I equally use this for my generator?
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by sundid(m): 4:51pm On Jun 03, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Let's split the matter into parts so we don't loose focus.

A. Engine Electronics

* Buy a personal scan tool.

Buy a portable scanner so check for errors when they appear, if you don't know what the codes mean, enter into cartalk, post the codes and we will guide accordingly.

Some vehicles have had their warning lights removed by technicians and card dealers, this is the time to restore and scan.

* Scan code results.

Scan code results that have to do with the following will seriously affect your vehicle fuel efficiency by as much as 40-50percent.

Engine running rich or lean codes
02 sensor codes
P0128 coolant threshold
All timing related codes
Evaporative emission codes
Catalytic converter codes
Engine misfires
MAF codes
Exhaust gas recirculation codes
Variable timing codes
VTech codes
Boost pressure codes

There are more, but these are the common ones. Have them solved properly (not by clearing code) and you will save a lot on petrol.

B. Suspension

* Tyre pressures : keep tyre pressures at recommended levels (check drivers door or fuel tank cover) vehicles with low tyre pressures, consume more fuel than vehicles with the right tyre pressures.

* Wheel alignment, Ensure your alignment is on point, when you have front wheels fighting with them selves and asphalt, it causes unwanted drag, which results in more fuel consumption.

* Keep windows up when on long trips , this will reduce the amount of wind resistance the car makes, less drag more savings on fuel.

* Aerodynamics, the abuse of vehicle suspension in the name of raising vehicle height usually has consequences when done poorly, when you have the head up and tail down, you are fighting to get through the air, and constantly loosing efficiency to wind resistance. Same thing happens when you load 4 adults at the back and fill the trunk with load wink

* Sticky brakes . brake binding is a situation where the vehicle is being held down by the brake pads without application of the brake pedal. Could be caused by work done on the brake switch near brake pedal, rusted calliper pins rusted calliper prisons, faulty abs pump. Whatever the case, if you get home, splash some water on each wheel, if you have instant steam from any wheel it is binding and should be checked .

C. Service and Maintenance

* Filters sparkplugs and MAF.

Some cars never get a replacement engine air filter all their days in Nigeria , replace your engine air filter with each oil change , clean and re gap your sparkplugs to the required spark gap.

Carefuly clean MAF sensor with the required MAF cleaner, please do not do MAF cleaning unless you are sure it is required, it is not an item to clean regularly.

* Fuel Pressure

We don't have very clean petrol, so if your car begins to feel lazy especially after a long trip, might be time to check the fuel filter and strainer inside the fuel tank , if clogged replace, you will get better miles per gallon. In most vehicles, low fuel pressure will not show up as an error when scanned.

* Blocked Exhaust system.

The inability of exist gasses to quickly leave the engine into the atmosphere, will cost you more on petrol.

Some vehicles are naturally predisposed to catalyst blockage e.g Honda , Acura , Ford , Kia , Hyundai. If your vehicle is one of those you might want to get it checked out, also if your catalyst has been stolen in the past and was refilled will wire mesh or a catalyst clone which also gets blocked easily you should have it checked.

Know your vehicle, if a vehicle starts dragging, something is off and should be checked . Blockages in exhaust in exhaust systems will not show up on scan results for most vehicles, it takes a smart tech/owner to detect it in early stages.
Ok
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by Omoapena(m): 7:43pm On Jun 04, 2023
OkayDaddy:

Don't worry. By the time you buy fuel of 600 per liter and you get stuck in traffic of 5 hours, you will turn to talking drum.

Omo
No be this period person go enter 5hours traffic o, chai, i go just find one spot park my car and find one bar go chill till traffic reduces...
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by Fibonacci88: 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2023
Oga Gazzuzz am stuck btw buying a foreign used Lexus a V6 engine and a GAC GS3 2022 brand new. My initial preference was the Lexus but with this subsidy removal the Idea of getting a brand new car even if it's Chinese becomes more appealing. Have made my findings and the GAC looks very fuel efficient. My friend even told me his organisation now use it as their official car cos of its fuel efficiency. Pls what do u advise. Resell value is not my priority I just want something that takes me around without putting a hole in my pocket.
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by easytig(m): 8:24pm On Jun 04, 2023
Get a 5.7 litre Toyota Prado,you be big man na,me na 1.1 litre manual Kia I dey find now,I go even dey move around 60km/hr for express,I no send subsidy at all
Fibonacci88:
Oga Gazuzz am stuck btw buying a foreign used Lexus a V6 engine and a GAC GS3 2022 brand new. My initial preference was the Lexus but with this subsidy removal the Idea of getting a brand new car even if it's Chinese becomes more appealing. Have made my findings and the GAC looks very fuel efficient. My friend even told me his organisation now use it as their official car cos of its fuel efficiency. Pls what do u advise. Resell value is not my priority I just want something that takes me around without putting a hole in my pocket.
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by Fibonacci88: 8:26pm On Jun 04, 2023
easytig:
Get a 5.7 litre Toyota Prado,you be big man na
grin grin
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by Manuella4ace: 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2023
Fibonacci88:
Oga Gazzuzz am stuck btw buying a foreign used Lexus a V6 engine and a GAC GS3 2022 brand new. My initial preference was the Lexus but with this subsidy removal the Idea of getting a brand new car even if it's Chinese becomes more appealing. Have made my findings and the GAC looks very fuel efficient. My friend even told me his organisation now use it as their official car cos of its fuel efficiency. Pls what do u advise. Resell value is not my priority I just want something that takes me around without putting a hole in my pocket.

I don't know the lexus model and year, but the GAC is quite decent with it 1.5l i4 engine. Never buy the turbo charged engine.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:42am On Jun 05, 2023
Fibonacci88:

Insure the GAC comprehensively. They have no used parts, only dealership have parts for now. You will be fine .

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by BarrElChapo(m): 11:09am On Jun 05, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Insure the GAC comprehensively. They have no used parts, only dealership have parts for now. You will be fine .

Boss, why does this sound like you’re feeling pity for him already 😂😂

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by FIZZBEE: 10:36pm On Jun 08, 2023
Uncle Gazzuzz, can you do CNG Conversion for cars
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2023
FIZZBEE:
Uncle Gazzuzz, can you do CNG Conversion for cars

you have the kit? I will install it
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by FIZZBEE: 3:56am On Jun 09, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

you have the kit? I will install it
No sir I don't have the kit
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by 08dominic: 6:31pm On Jun 09, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Code P0012 Toyota Camshaft Position 'A' Timing Over-Retarded

You might be able to fix this issue by replacing the camshaft timing oil control valve in pic below .

For the P0420, just replace the catalytic converter in the exhaust manifold .

just curious can the P0420 cause increase in fuel consumption?
Re: How To Make Your Vehicle Run More Efficiently (Post Subsidy Removal Tips) by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:20am On Jun 10, 2023
08dominic:

just curious can the P0420 cause increase in fuel consumption?

Yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Urgently Need To Sell My Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R 2011 , Pls I Need Serious Buyer. / Super Clean Tokunbo R model Mack tipper truck for sale! price #15.5m. / 2013 Model Benz C250 Toks Fully Loaded Good Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.