Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,177 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) (30260 Views)

How Subsidy Removal Triggered Coup D'etat In Niger Republic. / How 5 DSS Helped Me Kidnapped My Customer - Suspect / Video Of Nnamdi Kanu Supporting One Nigeria And Northerners In 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by jesmond3945: 11:16am On Jun 02, 2023
Godfullsam:
Those benefiting massively from this subsidy are the people behind the poor state of our refineries.

Now that subsidy is gone, we will all know how many litres of fuel Nigerians consume daily as against the inflated amount of litres the subsidy thieves are making us to believe.

Those saying that government should fix refineries before subsidy removal should know that those benefiting from the subsidy scam will do anything to frustrate any government efforts to revive the refineries.
you mean the subsidy thieves that are part and parcel of the govt? Why burn down a whole building while chasing a rat?
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by nairalanda1(m): 11:16am On Jun 02, 2023
jesmond3945:

We consume petrol more because that petrol is our live wire. Thats petrol generates electricity, provides borehole water, fuels our car, is used in the industry, used in the hispital. Fix electeicity, people will jump up when you remove subsidy.

How are we going to fix electricity when subsidy is causing a large deficit in our budget that means we don't have enough money?
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by JayArmaniGozman: 11:20am On Jun 02, 2023
Can you imagine
Its the same cabals at the federal level now grin grin
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by jesmond3945: 11:22am On Jun 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

How are we going to fix electricity when subsidy is causing a large deficit in our budget that means we don't have enough money?

govt will sit down and fashion out a way to do that. However, failure buhari failed to do anything. Obi travelled to egypt and came back and told you is not rocket science. If we need coal we have it, gas we have it, water we have it, sun we have it.
Let tinubu tell us his plan to fix electricity.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by jesmond3945: 11:24am On Jun 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

Do you?

Looks like you do not know what subsidy is in the Nigerian context.
subsidy is for the poor. If you remove subsidy, you kill the poor. What plans has tinubu for the poor. Remember nigeria is highly corrupt, the money for the poor might be looted.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Tadeus(m): 11:26am On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:
Damn!

Those cabals must be Tinubu and his cohorts. No sane govt removes subsidy without building or fixing up the country's refineries.

To those "this govt will favour me and my family" gang, how much una dey buy fuel now?
E dey favour una abi e no dey favour una? Fools everywhere! By the time the okpolor eye is done with you Yollubas, Una eyes go clear

"To you yollubas" Pele oh, Omo Igbo. Na 50per liter you dey buy fuel bah? Lol.. hardship knows no tribe... Na Hausa, Igbo, Yorubas and every other tribes will suffer it.. all the nairaland tribal bigots eyes will soon clear...lol
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by BJanta: 11:28am On Jun 02, 2023
inoki247:
Let's see who they will kidnap this time around...

With those Aba-made SANs who cannot even arrange documents properly
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Omenlon: 11:28am On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:
Damn!

Those cabals must be Tinubu and his cohorts. No sane govt removes subsidy without building or fixing up the country's refineries.

To those "this govt will favour me and my family" gang, how much una dey buy fuel now?
E dey favour una abi e no dey favour una? Fools everywhere! By the time the okpolor eye is done with you Yollubas, Una eyes go clear
that means madam Iweala and Jonathan were mad for contemplating the removal of subsidy when the refineries were not working.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by fredoooooo: 11:28am On Jun 02, 2023
ronalmagic10:
Thank God it didn't happen under APC government. We for no hear word again

Madam Ngozi, you were very quick to congratulate Hilda Baci for a GWR that has not been confirmed till date.

However, President Tinubu who has been given his certificate as the truly elected president of Nigeria. One who has been sworn in, resumed office and gotten congratulations from leaders all over the world and you're yet to congratulate him

You, chimamanda and others should keep playing nzogbu nzogbu politics. Don't wisen up

I'm yet to see what you've done for Nigerians given your position in the world today
She was sent by the western power to keep eyes on what we do ... Now she still give updates on Africa .... Aunty's NGO dey chop our money steady grin
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Danisaint112(m): 11:30am On Jun 02, 2023
xpansion:

Obi is never Nigerian president. Wake up please

This is the reason Biafra might later become a reality. Your negative remarks and activities will someday give Igbos there Biafra.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by nairalanda1(m): 11:49am On Jun 02, 2023
jesmond3945:
subsidy is for the poor. If you remove subsidy, you kill the poor. What plans has tinubu for the poor. Remember nigeria is highly corrupt, the money for the poor might be looted.

Subsidy is also a nice way of putting more debt on the poor.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Donedeal1(m): 11:58am On Jun 02, 2023
And till this day nobody was arrested nor
Was anyone persecuted.Even though the regime was there for another 3 years.

1 Like

Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by gentlesmithugo(m): 12:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
ronalmagic10:

Madam Ngozi, you were very quick to congratulate Hilda Baci for a GWR that has not been confirmed till date.

However, President Tinubu who has been given his certificate as the truly elected president of Nigeria. One who has been sworn in, resumed office and gotten congratulations from leaders all over the world and you're yet to congratulate him

You, chimamanda and others should keep playing nzogbu nzogbu politics. Don't wisen up

I'm yet to see what you've done for Nigerians given your position in the world today
mugu keep on waiting for Ngozi okonjo iweala to congratulate tinubu.u go wait tire.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by TollinsN: 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2023
[quote author=Cloudflare post=123522130]Damn!

E dey favour una abi e no dey favour una? Fools everywhere! By the time the okpolor eye is done with you Yollubas, Una eyes go clear [/quote
When you see someone making this type of comments. It is very sure his/her intelligent quotient is limited to his immediate environment. This person should stop unjust criticism and do enough research.
1. Contrary to what we were told about what killed former Head is of state MURITALA. His elimination was actually sponsored by the WEST (Europeans) for commissioning 3 refineries against their wish. They actually told him Nigeria doesn't need a refinery.
(2) The refinery model constructed for us was built to have intermittent collapse. No European country use the model.
(3) Europe sponsored cartels that push Nigeria into subsidy regime. While they themselves do only intervention only when need arises. Europeans always fight cartels and monopolists to a stand still, but that is their major business in Africa.
(4) Francophone counties surrounds Nigeria. Without fuel subsidy in Nigeria their Economies can't be stable. So we are subsidizing ECOWAS and not Nigeria only. That's is why we produce electricity but ECOWAS countries that we supply enjoys it.
(5) Subsidy beneficiaries are Richer than the government. So they have the financial muscle to fight back.
EUROPE HAD NO FARM, AFRICA IS THEIR FARM
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:

A country of over 250million people relies on a single company to produce and distribute petrol around the country? Is this a joke?

Dude don't you have sense? This is why Obi is the best. Obi said building and fixing up the 3 govt owned refineries first is the most important thing to do before removing fuel subsidy. And not relying solely on dangote refinery. If this is how Tinubu intends to govern then Yollubas are in for a long ride.
Brainless idiot! Ask yourself how much money needs to pay for fuel subsidy every month till 3 refinaries been fixed? Your shallow sense don't really have an idea what FG pays every month. The best time is now and it done. Idiot!

1 Like

Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by yewit37486: 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2023
Tadeus:

"To you yollubas" Pele oh, Omo Igbo. Na 50per liter you dey buy fuel bah? Lol.. hardship knows no tribe... Na Hausa, Igbo, Yorubas and every other tribes will suffer it.. all the nairaland tribal bigots eyes will soon clear...lol

Please tell them! It's so irritating reading tribalistic comments from both sides. Very childish behaviour.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by yewit37486: 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2023
ronalmagic10:

Can you tell us what YOU have done for Nigerians, besides stirring up flames of tribalism. When will some of you grow up, ehn?
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by BigIyanga: 12:55pm On Jun 02, 2023
Acekidc4:
This time around, President Tinubu will deal with the heartless oil cabals..........All those free money will stop.........They can all go to hell for all i care.
Oando is owned by Tinubus… it’s one of the largest beneficiaries of subsidy
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by saysoo: 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
inoki247:
how can a Kidnapper kidnap himself? Did you not witness ' occupy nigeria' by the same kidnappers in 2012?
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by blacksam01: 1:02pm On Jun 02, 2023
Her mum i yoruba..?

both mom nd Dad are professors.evn child is professor
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Skyehigher1: 2:01pm On Jun 02, 2023
Even if our refineries is working we should not supposed to buy fuel less than 500 naira for our collective progression but because we don't a sincere government that is the problem we are facing
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by ashawopikin(m): 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2023
These cabals will fight back with everything they've got, they will sponsor groups, cause unrest and it's the citizens that will suffer. May God help us
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by ashawopikin(m): 2:20pm On Jun 02, 2023
inoki247:
maybe the so called Nigeria's first daughter
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Babastrong(m): 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
[quote author=Danisaint112 post=123522398]

No sane person will oppose subsidy removal. But before you make such announcement you ought to put measures in place to curtail the ugly situation to arise.

Tinubu has always been know for making reckless and careless statements. His whole campaign irks of it. We warned/told them to choose a president that is accessible, interactive and proactive but they refused.

Well Peter Obi will surely use Tinubu tenure mistakes
to prepare him self well. [talking#with#emotion.lol.#all#these#small#boys#of#35years#downward.sha]
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2023
Acekidc4:
This time around, President Tinubu will deal with the heartless oil cabals..........All those free money will stop.........They can all go to hell for all i care.
Story
Who do you think are the oil cabals. Or you think they are ghost. Buhari was minister of petroleum for 8yrs, Wale Tinubu is owner the owner of Oando plc and holds the highest share, Femi otedola is owner of forte oil and the rest of them. Or was it not same Buhari and Tinubu that fought against subsidy removal during Jonathan's regime. It baffling how myopic we can be atimes

1 Like

Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2023
inoki247:

Lols. Funny enough Buhari, Tinubu and some other criminal minded ones were the cabals that fought against it in 2012. How myopic we can be. Come to think of it, Is Wale Tinubu not the owner of Oando plc. So who are the cabals?
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
Mrfeel:

Tinubu was one of the cabals who fought Jonathan

You dey mind the people wey no want embrace truth. They are busy looking for the cabals whereas one of the cabals is their president now. Wale Tinubu (Tinubu nephew) is the owner of Oando plc

1 Like

Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2023
Dey wail, don't go and work
Cloudflare:
Damn!

Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by FireUpNow(m): 4:27pm On Jun 02, 2023
Exmilitant:
Now, who exactly are these cabals? undecided

If you ask me na who I go ask? The cabals know themselves. I pray that Tinubu's govt deal with them but I am afraid of them fighting back in a very dirty way. Remi Tinubu must make sure anything Tinubu is going to eat is prepared by her.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
Penguin2:

All this talk of no provision for subsidy in the budget, have guys ever heard of Supplementary Budget?

Tinubu could have drawn up a supplementary budget that retain at least 50% subsidy payment for the next 6 months by which time we would hope Dangote Refinery will start refining fuel.

And that’s some correction for you there, Dangote Refinery has not started refining fuel. According to Dangote himself, Nigerians should expect first refined product from the refinery by July or August. But experts say the refinery won’t be ready until first quarter of 2024. I go with the experts.

Loser. We will see.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Suspect Arrested In Lagos (Photo) / IGP Bans Phones, Laptops Search By SARS Officers / Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.