Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,557 members, 7,955,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:09 PM

Please Help Me On Way Forward After Surviving Domestic Violence And Abuse - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Me On Way Forward After Surviving Domestic Violence And Abuse (1088 Views)

Kenny Kehinde's Girlfriend, Precious Chisom Accuses Him Of Domestic Violence / Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult / Brothers Visit Akara Seller Who Gave Them Free Snacks Everyday On Way To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Me On Way Forward After Surviving Domestic Violence And Abuse by fyzaila: 11:19pm On Jun 02, 2023
RightToReject:
Citing the connotation of your submissions, you're a sententious woman. So, all of the things you've passed through in his hands were unfortunately inevitable under the setting and general circumstances in the union.

The frequent condescending nonoral demeanor of a typical sententious spouse towards their other half does irk and kill them faster than the oral and physical confrontation of an overt abuser. Work on yourself. Every form of abuse is bad.

Of course, I don't hold a brief for him. He could do better on his own part.

Oshey grammarian 🙌👏 grin
Re: Please Help Me On Way Forward After Surviving Domestic Violence And Abuse by Kobojunkie: 1:17am On Jun 03, 2023
fyzaila:
■ Okay Let's hold on the spiritual aspect because this is not normal. Have you been praying fervently about this whole situation? Probably he has stepped on toes while dating and they've sweared for him. I don't believe it works sha. But one thing i am certain of, there is always a repercussion for every thing one do on this earth good or bad...

See, no body should cajole you into going back to that lions den called marriage. Maybe when he has turned a new leaf and you're convinced about that, then you can consider.
1. There is absolutely nothing spiritual to any of what happened as all that happened is a human changed his mind regarding the value he placed on that which he once treasured. That is all it is. And no amount of praying can change that. If you doubt it, go check the millions of women who have been praying the same vain prayer for decades now before the thought of marriage crossed OP'S mind. Marital Abandonment is nothing new in Nigeria. undecided

When women finally begin to see the problem for what it is then and only then will they realize they have to use the law to at least protect their own daughters from falling victims of similar. undecided
Re: Please Help Me On Way Forward After Surviving Domestic Violence And Abuse by fyzaila: 6:06am On Jun 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. There is absolutely nothing spiritual to any of what happened as all that happened is a human changed his mind regarding the value he placed on that which he once treasured. That is all it is. And no amount of praying can change that. If you doubt it, go check the millions of women who have been praying the same vain prayer for decades now before the thought of marriage crossed OP'S mind. Marital Abandonment is nothing new in Nigeria. undecided

When women finally begin to see the problem for what it is then and only then will they realize they have to use the law to at least protect their own daughters from falling victims of similar. undecided

Marital Abandonment you say? Well let's assume that's the case. How about being a responsible father? It is ok if he no longer loves his wife but what has the innocent child done to be abandoned be her own father? Even baby daddies do take care of their children even when they have nothing to do with the baby mamas.

That man is not normal, something is wrong with him.
Re: Please Help Me On Way Forward After Surviving Domestic Violence And Abuse by Kobojunkie: 6:08am On Jun 03, 2023
fyzaila:
■ Marital Abandonment you say? Well let's assume that's the case. How about being a responsible father? It is ok if he no longer loves his wife but what has the innocent child done to be abandoned be her own father? Even baby daddies do take care of their children even when they have nothing to do with the baby mamas.
That man is not normal, something is wrong with him.
We are talking here of a country where millions of kids, as we speak, are abandoned and roaming the kids, many of them grow up that way and no one ever goes looking for them. No be only spouses people dey abandon for there oo. undecided
Re: Please Help Me On Way Forward After Surviving Domestic Violence And Abuse by fyzaila: 6:20am On Jun 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
We are talking here of a country where millions of kids, as we speak, are abandoned and roaming the kids, many of them grow up that way and no one ever goes looking for them. No be only spouses people dey abandon for there oo. undecided

Well, i can say probably those kids are orphans or victims of irresponsible parents who don't have any tangible survival means of income but still choose to give birth. In the op's case, the man has a means of income and he his even taking care of his mum and siblings. Which means he can clearly take of his child as well.

I repeat he has been jujued to abandon his wife and child. There is more to it.
Re: Please Help Me On Way Forward After Surviving Domestic Violence And Abuse by Kobojunkie: 6:36am On Jun 03, 2023
fyzaila:
■ Well, i can say probably those kids are orphans or victims of irresponsible parents who don't have any tangible survival means of income but still choose to give birth.
■ In the op's case, the man has a means of income and he his even taking care of his mum and siblings. Which means he can clearly take of his child as well.
■ I repeat he has been jujued to abandon his wife and child. There is more to it.
1. Orphans I doubt. Ask the average Nigerian why he/she does not adopt and the number one worries most have is that the child would go back to his/her parents after it all turns out well for them in the future meaning people are aware that a good number of those kids are not orphans.
2. The system in Nigeria remains very weak, nearly non-existent when it comes to ensuring parents are held responsible for the welfare of their wards. OP herself may not file a case against him in court to demand he supports his children after all is said and done. So, what incentive is there for OP who probably has found himself another love interest to want to hold on to OP and the child when he knows he can have his cake and eat it too? undecided

3. No juju here. This is just human behavior we dey see here. undecided
Re: Please Help Me On Way Forward After Surviving Domestic Violence And Abuse by Binspector: 7:12am On Jun 03, 2023
I'm sorry for all you had to pass through Hanne.
I think I've noticed you in diary section a couple times. May happiness find you soon.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Handle This? / I Am An Alien, Someone Help! / Wife Beating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.