Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult (68124 Views)

Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? / How Do Wives Whose Husbands Live Abroad Or Faraway Cope Without Sex? / I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Optimistic4life(f): 3:06pm On Mar 24, 2022
I'm trying hard to live a life free from sin and sexual immorality and I am doing pretty well but of recent, my hormones/body have been raging and I am finding it difficult to cope.

It's 18months I have been separated and there is no getting back together.

Were you ever in my situation, how did you overcome without involving in sex/masturbation?

I just need some words of encouragement.

Its really not easy and it has become some sort of distraction.

The reason I do not want to have a male friend is because of my fear for God.

266 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by thorpido(m): 3:07pm On Mar 24, 2022
Why not try to marry again?

Keep doing what you have been doing all these months.Just keep the faith.

234 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Bigredmachine: 3:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
OP get married again... As e dey hot... If you marry again God no go vex...

135 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 24, 2022
wink If your divorce is not finalized go and date your husband again. If it happens fine, you wouldn't feel guilty.

226 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Mar 24, 2022
Optimistic4life:
I'm trying hard to live a life free from sin and sexual immorality and I am doing pretty well but of recent, my hormones/body have been raging and I am finding it difficult to cope.
Were you ever in my situation, how did you overcome without involving in sex/masturbation?
If God is really who you claim to want to please by your choice, then you want to make sure you have the right information to help you on your path. According to Jesus Christ, the one who is God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God, what is sin is not what you refer to as sexual immorality- fornication, masturbation, homosexuality etc. - instead sin is the lust in your heart towards another - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 - those fantasies and longings for sex are what constitute sin in the Kingdom of God. undecided

So while you claim you have not physically engaged in what is sexually immoral activities in the 18 months period, that all means nothing when you consider that the sin is that committed in your mind/heart and not the physical activity itself. undecided

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If God is really who you claim to want to please by your choice, then you want to make sure you have the right information to help you on your path. According to Jesus Christ, the one who is God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God, what is sin is not what you refer to as sexual immorality- fornication, masturbation, homosexuality etc. - instead sin is the lust in your heart towards another - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 - those fantasies and longings for sex are what constitute sin in the Kingdom of God. undecided

So while you claim you have not physically engaged in what is sexually immoral activities in the 18 months period, that all means nothing when you consider that the sin is that committed in your mind/heart and not the physical activity itself. undecided

Chai!
who and who will make heaven liedis?

128 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by dawnomike(m): 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2022
Optimistic4life:

I really do understand what you are going through... Be strong Sis

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kobojunkie: 3:26pm On Mar 24, 2022
udoji2021:
Chai!
According to Jesus Christ Himself, those who continue to accept and obey His very teachings are His followers, and they will know His Truth and it will set them free from bondage to sin - John 8 vs 31 - 32 undecided

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
According to Jesus Christ Himself, those who continue to accept and obey His very teachings are His followers, and they will know His Truth and it will set them free from bondage to sin - John 8 vs 31 - 32 undecided

Na waoh!
so just thinking about a lady is a sin. you can't decieve nature my brother, forget about all those scripturess you are quoting

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Optimistic4life(f): 3:40pm On Mar 24, 2022
thorpido:
Why not try to marry again?

Keep doing what you have been doing all these months.Just keep the faith.

Definitely but divorce isn't finalized.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2022
udoji2021:
Na waoh!
so just thinking about a lady is a sin. you can't decieve nature my brother, forget about all those scripturess you are quoting
Again, what is specified as sin by Jesus Christ is the lust in one's heart after a woman. And no, that is not natural given than you are not born lusting in your hearts after women, instead you learn that in time, and so are able to unlearn that too if you chose to discipline yourself in obedience to God. undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Optimistic4life(f): 3:42pm On Mar 24, 2022
jackcanfield:
wink If your divorce is not finalized go and date your husband again. If it happens fine, you wouldn't feel guilty.

This option is definitely not in the picture at all.

He said I am free to remarry if I want but we aren't divorced and also remarrying isn't a day's affair nor a joke.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by ajailer(m): 3:43pm On Mar 24, 2022
Dey put mentholated Robb for there. D urge go reduce….. Na woman tell me dis o grin

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Optimistic4life(f): 3:43pm On Mar 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:

So the thought of sex coming through my mind has already made me a sinner?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kobojunkie: 3:47pm On Mar 24, 2022
Optimistic4life:
Please try not to muddle this up as it is easy to. According to Jesus Christ, God's very own Law given to those of us who wish to eventually make it into God's Heaven, you sin the moment you lust in your heart after a one you are not married to - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28. That is the point when one is said to become a sinner against God, not when one engages in any of the physical acts. undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Optimistic4life(f): 3:52pm On Mar 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Please try not to muddle this up as it is easy to. According to Jesus Christ, God's very own Law given to those of us who wish to eventually make it into God's Heaven, you sin the moment you lust in your heart after a one you are not married to - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28. That is the point when one is said to become a sinner against God, not when one engages in any of the physical acts. undecided

Okay I get you. So if I long for sex with my ex husband, that shouldn't be a sin then.

So let me ask you. Is selfplay/selflove/masturbation a sin?

The body desiring what it needs naturally just like we eat.

Not fantasies towards anyone in particular.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Buskynwa: 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2022
Come let me help you grin

Na so una go dey do like say e no dey sweet una but na una e sweet pass lmao

go and reconcile with your husband, fine you are going through a divorce which is not yet finalized,his help will be needed since you don't want to offend your creator by an act of immorality but i know your ego won't allow you

if i were you I'll use orobo pepsi bottle to do the trick keeping my ego intact sad

32 Likes

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kobojunkie: 4:30pm On Mar 24, 2022
Optimistic4life:
1. Okay I get you. So if I long for sex with my ex husband, that shouldn't be a sin then.
2. So let me ask you. Is selfplay/selflove/masturbation a sin?

3. The body desiring what it needs naturally just like we eat. Not fantasies towards anyone in particular.
1. You are no longer married to him so it would be sin. undecided
2. What is sin is the lust in your heart that usually comes before or during the acts themselves. undecided

3. There is nothing natural about those desires or you would be born lusting from your very birth. You develop these desires over time and as such can also chose to control them rather than allow them control you. undecided

I think we all know what is meant by sexual lust and that is what Jesus Christ said is sin. undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by kepstone: 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2022
Lol.. some of us have stayed 3+ decades without sex... U won't die... Self control puts you in control

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Help2020: 4:45pm On Mar 24, 2022
Bigredmachine:
OP get married again... As e dey hot... If you marry again God no go vex...
go marry an nan. See how you asked her to go marry as if she can decide when or who yo marry her. Op the situation is really difficult. May God gibe you strength.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by demoBaba: 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2022
udoji2021:

Chai!

Who tell you guys say heaven or hell dey self?

4 Likes

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2022
kepstone:
Lol.. some of us have stayed 3+ decades without sex... U won't die... Self control puts you in control
Wow... 3+ decades? Do you think you are maybe a Eunuch at this point? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by nike4love: 4:59pm On Mar 24, 2022
Madam go back n build ur home with your husband....
God hates divorce.....

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2022
nike4love:
Madam go back n build ur home with your husband....
God hates divorce.....
And like every other sin(except the one), God forgives even the sin of divorce. undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Beremx(f): 5:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
My sister move on with your life. Open yourself to dating again but you have to be careful because some men love to take advantage of a woman who’s either separated or divorced. You will definitely find love again.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by RenaissanceGuy: 5:14pm On Mar 24, 2022
Optimistic4life:

Ignore that man/lady, if you can. S/he's an atheist and is trying to play with your conviction.

To your question: it's not easy naturally, even for those who don't have sexual history, let alone for someone who was once married. But with God's grace and discipline, it's possible.
PS: Talking from experience.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Rickmann: 5:21pm On Mar 24, 2022
Optimistic4life:

It's been 18months since you separated with ur partner and it's obvious there is no getting back together...Why don't you loosing up and make friends again, open up and try going into a relationship so you don't fall into the temptation of having Random sex.

You can't kill urself ok
In the end, you just human.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On Mar 24, 2022
RenaissanceGuy:
Ignore that lady, if you can. She's an atheist and is trying to play with your conviction.

To your question: it's not easy naturally, even for those who don't have sexual history, let alone for someone who was once married, but with God's grace and discipline, it's possible.
PS: Talking from experience.
Interesting! undecided

So, you who believe yourself a Christian don't even consider the very commandments of Jesus Christ, as given you even in Matthew 5 vs 27-28 worth trusting in, and obeying? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Nicepoker(m): 5:34pm On Mar 24, 2022
Diary of a thorn front page evening magazine grin

6 Likes

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by AutoChick4U(f): 5:36pm On Mar 24, 2022
Optimistic4life:

Lol, stayed with sex throughout my pregnancy and until my baby clocked a year and 5 months. Practically seduced this son of man but unfortunately d sex aint nothing to write home about. I intend starving my flesh and feeding the spirit from now sha

2 Likes

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by AutoChick4U(f): 5:38pm On Mar 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Wow... 3+ decades? Do you think you are maybe a Eunuch at this point? undecided
he's probably a virgin

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted / How Many Of Us Fell For This Trap? / Woman Breaks Eggs At Beach, Curses Emma For Taking Advantage Of Her (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.