Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,131 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. (23410 Views)

Which Will You Choose? - A 100k Per Month Job Or A Lucrative Physical Handwork? / Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? / Man Shares How A Lady Preferred N5k To A N45k Job Within Her Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by GIDIBANKZ(m): 12:55pm On Jun 09, 2023
honcdm:
My brother, you gat prepare to take any insult and humiliation when you decide to work for a man...if you are lucky to work for coperation, then it's less. Above all think out of the box and be a boss of your own..I de see shege where I de also.but soon, it will be well.

God will see you through
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Fab21: 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
This is a difficult situation and apparently, some people are facing the same thing in their various place of works.

Not only bosses are guilty of this. Some Team leads are also guilty. Most of them just behave like demigods once they assumed a specific position..

Pls, don't leave your place of work now. You've a kid and a wife to feed. You can tell people around you that you need a new Job.
It's hard out there...

4 Likes

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by valiju: 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2023
Bro please ca. you explain more about the mobile clinic
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Op..........do u stay in Lagos??
I'd advise u to save up and start Mobile clinic.........

U'd be making close to 90k to 100k on good day.........even on bad day sef u cud make 20k or more daily Oooo........

That's what have been doing since I finished my nysc..........
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by SonofGod231: 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2023
Man needs a secured Job or business... Without any sight of a better work.
Oga,Man can not can't ohh.
Just dey manage dey push am hear.
God dey.
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by justifyme(m): 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2023
I’m a hotel manager too, I’m going through the same situation, but he has never accused me of stealing for one day!! But he’s very strict, he insults me all the time,no freedom , he wants me to be sleeping in the office everyday .but if you quit, do you have any alternative job!! Pave your way first before thinking of leaving the job!! But you need to be in charge, how did your security left without your notice, he did the right thing by deducting your Salary, I’m not against that!! You are the manager, you will be held responsible for everything,

1 Like

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by justifyme(m): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2023
I’m a hotel manager too, I’m going through the same situation, but he has never accused me of stealing for one day!! But he’s very strict, he insults me all the time,no freedom , he wants me to be sleeping in the office everyday .but if you quit, do you have any alternative job!! Pave your way first before thinking of leaving the job!! But you need to be in charge, how did your security left without your notice, he did the right thing by deducting your Salary, I’m not against that!! You are the manager, you will be held responsible for everything,
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by webizone(m): 12:59pm On Jun 09, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Op..........do u stay in Lagos??
I'd advise u to save up and start Mobile clinic.........

U'd be making close to 90k to 100k on good day.........even on bad day sef u cud make 20k or more daily Oooo........

That's what have been doing since I finished my nysc..........

The mobile clinic is it mobile health clinic or mobile phone clinic?

1 Like

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by FireUpNow(m): 1:02pm On Jun 09, 2023
This is more than factory work. On the part of insult that is bad and the director trying to slap you is bad. I can't tell you to quite because I don't have any job vacancy for you. Try searching for another job
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Draslo(m): 1:02pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1:
I got a job as a hotel manager some months ago.

The hotel is a bit far from my house and I spend an average of N600 on transportation daily and the salary is 45k per month. Right now I'm fed up with the job.

The director is a man who doesn't take advice from anyone. He insults me at will and he says I'm stealing his money, even though he has no proof. I always leave the scene whenever he's around because he always has something to say and insult me at will even when I am not at fault.

He has gone round telling everybody that I and the bar man usually connive to steal his money which is completely false. The worst part is that he always threatens me with sack.

If not for the fact that I have kids to feed I would have resigned. I usually have this feeling of fear whenever am leaving for work in the morning. Just this morning he deducted 12k from my salary just because the security man resigned and went away with a student matress.

Right now I am in real distress because I am just so, so sad.

I just need some words of encouragement/discouragement because I am gradually loosing it.

Bro...it will only get worse. This is the worst kind of boss to have. You need a plan to quit
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Maxwell4404(m): 1:03pm On Jun 09, 2023
Bro I'm talking from experience, okay I did say thing like this, because why my Boss then sometimes act childishly, I take anything he was saying to me then, why because I want more savings and also I was planning ahead, he dropped me off the job oneday when my savings hasn't gone far to my expectations, Omo it wasn't a good experience at all, you working for someone you should know one thing, you have to tolerate anything that comes your way in your job, till you get a better job..

GIDIBANKZ:

Guy No body dey feed me o....guy i resiqn & went home without no saving... See who GOD wor bless so eh... No level everywhere qo qood...

It Got to a POINT i knew if i should stay and tolorate the BOSS, we might END up fiqhtnq and ONLY GOD KNOW what will HAPPEN NEXT😒😒

1 Like

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Lannister360: 1:06pm On Jun 09, 2023
GboyegaD:
Why not get a labor lawyer and file a case against him at the Federal Industrial Court? I wonder when some lawyers tell me they are broke when they can specialize in labor law and take over the case of people like OP and make a decent living for themselves as well.
Someone is earning 45k/month in this expensive economy and you are asking him to get a lawyer, na paper he go take pay the lawyer ni ?, your brain de work at all ?

8 Likes

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by dalaman: 1:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1:
I resume 7:30am and close 10pm so, learning a skill is not possible except an online skill. As for roaring back at him, that is out of the question. Just the other day he threatened to slap me. There are lots of things that I am currently passing through in that place that I can't say here

You work from 7:30 to 10 am 10pm for 45k?? Some of una get mind sha.
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Diligent1(f): 1:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
samwash:

Oga I hate nonsense for life
How will you resume work 7:30AM & close 10PM for salary of 45K.
Nobody go advice you, better advice yourself.
Drop your certificate & storm the street. With your electrical/electronic knowledge, enter Lagos or Onisha go buy electrical parts like electrical extension, wires & the likes,for wholesales, find a busy place for street rent if you nor fit rent shop & start selling.
Prospect they that your field na.
This is a good advice, from there customers will even call him to help in wiring their houses and he will be paid.
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by keko14: 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1:
I resume 7:30am and close 10pm so, learning a skill is not possible except an online skill. As for roaring back at him, that is out of the question. Just the other day he threatened to slap me. There are lots of things that I am currently passing through in that place that I can't say here

How can you work for this hour for just 45k job...the problems is you....
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by XtraFortunes: 1:10pm On Jun 09, 2023
GboyegaD:

He will pay from the compensation the lawyer gets him.

You think lawyers in Nigeria will be going to court without payment till dey win the case? You are naive bro. It doesn't happen in Nigeria. You pay for every appearance the lawyer makes in court.

The lawyer may win your case and the defendant will not pay and appeal the judgement to the appeal court and supreme court if he has money, and this takes years. So you expect the lawyer to be going to court for years without payment? How will he survive?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by onomeabuja: 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2023
eniolorunfe:
Chaiiiii

Person get mind deduct 12k from 45k monthly salary..

Still expected to resume 7.30 am to close 10pm…

how does a person survive or endure this kind of harsh working conditions

Even if na to dey drive keke napep on hire purchase, e better pass this kind job. At least you’re your own boss and you would make more than this at the end of the month. You can also start YouTube channel or any other online thing along side.

Oga OP, deliver yourself from this bondage that you’re in. Don’t let fear hold you down!!!
Pls How do one start a YouTube channel because I'm just wasting my phone spec embarassed
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by ravensckar(m): 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1:
Come, na which kind smelling talk be this nau.

Your Director dey threaten to slap you and you no fit woze am? No matter the level of unemployment in the country, you shouldn't submit yourself to such slavery in the guise of managing. Like my father always say; 'Whatever you think you're worth, that's what you'll get in life'. Do you think you're worth more? Then, quit the goddamn job and go get something better elsewhere.

PS- All my life working for people, no human born of another human has ever maltreated me before. I've worked for the good, the bad and the worst of them. And they all know better not to mess with me.
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by ppogba: 1:12pm On Jun 09, 2023
brain54:

How practical…

Is it to walk into any lawyer’s office and tell him.
“ I am being treated unfairly in my place of work. I want to take my boss to court. Because he has faulted labor law. So when we win the case in court you get paid from the compensation I will get paid”

How does it sound in your ear?

Probably a lawyer that himself is struggling to “survive “ and has his own issues he hasn’t finished sorting.

How many lawyers will take up such a case up in Nigeria? You will lucky if you aren’t thrown out. Who would bear the cost of the case- legal fees, logistics like transportation to court etc.?

Case that can be adjourned like forever…

I am not saying people do not take up such cases once in a while… but it’s quite rare and depends on maybe being in the right place at the right time. Pro bono cases etc which happens less than maybe 5% of the time.

The OP needs a practical solution to his problem Abeg.

Instead of adding another stress of legal matter on top the pile of mess he already faces.

OP has told you his side of the story… the boss hasn’t told you his side yet. So what is the guarantee he will win in court. If he doesn’t win what will happen? What happens to the lawyers pay?

45k salary… remove monthly transportation of about 15k or thereabouts from that amount- with a wife and kid(s) to feed apart from house rent and other expenses and you will realize what OP is going through.

Put yourself in his shoes Then you will realize how impractical your advice about labor laws and lawyer talk sounds.

What he needs is a better job. And how he is going to schedule his time to search for a better one… or learn skills that will benefit him, or probably add a side hustle to his job. Seeing that he spends most of his time on is current job.(7: 30am -10pm or so)

That’s more practical than going on a wild goose chase about labor laws… I can understand this kind of talk from @kobojunkie- because he is not in Nigeria and maybe has lost touch of the situation- or is using “American eye” to view the situation. But not from you.

Common man… this is Nigeria. Be practical!

Do not always forget that you are on a platform dominated by kids pretending to be adults.
You have saved me the stress of having to type much.
If you have been on Nairaland for sometime now, you will discover that the favorite comments on issues like this is " go to court" or " sue the bastard" as they used to say.
Is it not funny to you when someone is telling the guy to go to Industrial court?
Is is not funny to you that someone is saying the lawyer will go to court knowing he will get paid after the have gotten favorable judgement?

I can boldly say it that an average Nigerian has never had the caused to interact with a lawyer before not to talk if dreaming how the judiciary works.

Stones, just read comments, laugh and move on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:13pm On Jun 09, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Well....... mobile clinic is like a small health center where pple go to for check up........

So, what are the things you check in this mobile clinic?

What trainings prepared you for it?
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by crossfm: 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2023
Selfmotivated:
I'm fed up with my 35k teaching job even looking for 45k above. Prospect of getting a good job is very slim here in warri

Why not supplement you teaching with foodstuffs business,had it's salling well over there.
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by ppogba: 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2023
Lannister360:

Someone is earning 45k/month in this expensive economy and you are asking him to get a lawyer, na paper he go take pay the lawyer ni ?, your brain de work at all ?

They are even saying the lawyer will get paid after winning the case.

Industrial court for that matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by luskysylver(m): 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2023
if u fall in this field of study kindly call me on 07083621585 . this is my place of work.

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by icestorm(m): 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2023
Sorry bro. Work like this will tie you down and will never allow you to look for another one. So, for how long will you continue to stay in a work that takes away the whole of your time, not even public holidays. Bro, receive your salary at the end of the month and leave the job to hunt for a better one. Probably, teaching that will give you time to learn a skill during the closing hours or vacation. I remember those day when I would leave work at four o'clock for computer training, then at seven o'clock, I used to go and learn barbing.Then come back home at ten am.
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Cchuks27(m): 1:18pm On Jun 09, 2023
Are you a graduate? University graduate?
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Olarewaju89: 1:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
Maobichek:

You will do yourself a whole lot if you would resign now, you can't think straight now, you are suffering emotionally. I was once in your situation, it was hell fire then, i resigned without having any job waiting for me but I'm better today in all ramifications.

Abuse should not be allowed, enduring abuse is highway to your grave. Do away with fear and resign, that is when you can think well and straight. Pray about it and take a bold step toward your own emancipation from fear and abuse, thank you.

Love your comment. 👍

1 Like

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by emmykk(m): 1:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1:

The hotel is a bit far from my house and I spend an average of N600 on transportation daily and the salary is 45k per month. Right now I'm fed up with the job.

The director is a man who doesn't take advice from anyone. He insults me at will and he says I'm stealing his money, even though he has no proof. I always leave the scene whenever he's around because he always has something to say and insult me at will even when I am not at fault.

He has gone round telling everybody that I and the bar man usually connive to steal his money which is completely false. The worst part is that he always threatens me with sack.

If not for the fact that I have kids to feed I would have resigned. I usually have this feeling of fear whenever am leaving for work in the morning. Just this morning he deducted 12k from my salary just because the security man resigned and went away with a student matress.

I just need some words of encouragement/discouragement because I am gradually loosing it.

Most hotel workers sleep at the hotel after closing,why is yours different.if you are sleeping there you will save transportation cost of 600X30=18,000

I also understand that hotel workers are capable to taking some booking money of people who checkout on time or came to lodge.if you succeed in collecting the money of 4 clients in a month assuming your hotel lodging fee is N5000 a night. That will cover for your transportation cost, why is your case different ..

These 3 businesses will help you get daily income and make you hate that your 45K job.

1.drycleaning business
2 Keke napep business
3 POS business

Find a way to start any of these.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by BackFromBalablu: 1:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
You see heartless employers. Tbh i hate them likd madt. Small thing i go change am for them, because once they start their rubbish character and you leave them. Naso e go be till u commot.

Am a very gentle and hardworking person. Very honest to the core and self desciplined bt who am i to judge myself. I dnt like trouble and i dnt give it everyone knws me for dat. And if i'm the one at fault, i take my blames and apologize and also receive the consequences. Bt if am nt at fault and you're choking me with wicked acts. I won't tolerate it very honest with myself.

This is one of the reasons employees tend to be violent towards their employers. Cause they just want to be right on everything and nt want to be corrected for their wrongs.

Find a new job before you FIRE that employer of yours and try to skill up yourself too. You'll need it in the nearest future.

1 Like

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by ppogba: 1:30pm On Jun 09, 2023
One thing people do not know is that most medium scale business owners find it extremely difficult to pay salary. Whether the business makes sufficient profit in the month or not. The moment it is salary time, that is when they realize that the are the devil's " next of kin".

A few days ago, a woman wiith a shop being manned by a sales girl sacked the innocent girl. Wetin happen you might be tempted to ask.
The innocent girl has a monthly esusu that she pays with her monthly salary. Esusu man came on June 7. Girl took her salary from sales she made for the contribution. Madam owner came and said the girl should not have taken out of her sales because June 7 is not too late and that " some of her friends pay their workers on 15th or 16th of the month".
Can you imagine?
People beg madam employer, she said NO.

Things dey happen and most likely, employees in this type of employment will suffer more in the nearest future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by GboyegaD(m): 1:30pm On Jun 09, 2023
XtraFortunes:

You think lawyers in Nigeria will be going to court without payment till dey win the case? You are naive bro. It doesn't happen in Nigeria. You pay for every appearance the lawyer makes in court.

The lawyer may win your case and the defendant will not pay and appeal the judgement to the appeal court and supreme court if he has money, and this takes years. So you expect the lawyer to be going to court for years without payment? How I'll he survive?

I rest my case. Our lawyers can keep doing what they do that puts food on their table since that is sufficient for them.

Lannister360:

You are noticed, the man whose brain works.
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by DaddyRochie1642: 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1, I believe you use a bank for your salary account, you can apply for loan from your bank with the ussd code your bank uses, go online and research, if you're approved of the loan, you'll know the way from there.
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by JoyLtd: 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2023
For Job offers and Government Jobs/Palliatives/Bursaries.

We are collating names of unemployed Nigerians for online listings and recommendations.

Submit your details along with copy of your National Identification numbers to WhatsApp no: 08162504225.

Listings closes June 20th,2023.
Entry fee: #1,000.
Age bracket: 26-55yrs.
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by occfx: 1:42pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1:

If you refuse to be a man today, you must be forced to be a man tomorrow or die as a woman, so the earlier the better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Letter Of An O'level Holder. i'm so disappointed / Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! / Workforce Online Test, Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.