Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. (23444 Views)

Which Will You Choose? - A 100k Per Month Job Or A Lucrative Physical Handwork? / Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? / Man Shares How A Lady Preferred N5k To A N45k Job Within Her Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Bukola94: 2:42pm On Jun 09, 2023
Jefferyhi86:
Bros am d same situation with u as a hotel manager, this is d same shittt I face from my MD, especially if the MD is a stack illiterate who end up in primary 6.they don't want your progress at all, they feel paying u such amount they're doin u a big favor. One of the reason some manager don't like working in a hotel where the MD spend most of his day at. Imagine me a manager washing bedsheets,cleaning room just because the MD refused to buy washing machine and housekeepers don't stay long due to d stress of working but he derive pleasure in bringing different ladies to the room. Me my hardwork and loyalty is not for free
They are so wicked, I have work has a receptionist,barman and security. Imagine only me in an hotel that is like 5plots to 6plots. single rooms and executive rooms, and I must attend to all the customers in the rooms and others room simultaneously. I begin to lost it,there was a time I was nearly rape & I and one bartender nearly broke bottles on ourselves. the work was so tedious and the salary is nothing. doing it just to make end it&to survive. Al hamdu Lillah things are getting better now

1 Like

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Rosaline5000: 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2023
Oduok:
Never you share bad feelings you have about your boss again anywhere. With this attitude no one can employ you. I thought you would limit your write up to the low pay and exorbitant transport cost you are facing.

Feeling bitter about your boss and venting it only paint you with negative personality.

Is the Boss a god they can't talk about??
I am sure u are one of those people that says children shouldn't talk bad about their elders no matter the abuse they are facing because it is bad manners.

We live in Nigeria that dont care about references even if OP fight with his Boss, he will still get another hotel job in the area.
We should stop shutting people up because the Boss has money today doesn't mean the OP wont be richer than him tomorrow, we still have a slave mentality that's why our country is still backward.
"Dont talk bad about your parents even if they abuse you mentally and physically" "Respect your elders no matter what even if you are dying inside"
"Tolerate anything your Boss do to you because he pays your salary and you should worship him/her"
Rubbish

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by tollyboy5(m): 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1:
HND Elect/Electronics Engineering.
Mactay Consulting is currently recruiting to fill the job role below for her client in the Financial Sector

Job Title: I.T Help Desk & Desktop Support
Job Location: Marina, Okokomako, Iganmu, Benin, Iseyin & Warri

Client: Leading Commercial Bank

Salary: N85,000 net
Benefits: Leave allowance, 13th months, Pension, HMO & Quarterly Dressing Allowance (N15,000).

Objective:

Provide adequate first level support to users of computers, peripherals, ATMs, networks, and office automation systems.

Responsibilities:

Perform daily service desk operations such as logging and capturing of user’s requests and providing first level incident and problem solving support
Escalate issues for resolution at appropriate levels
Monitor and track incidents reported to the service desk to the point of resolution
Provide first level technical support for users across applications and systems; understand user problems / questions, identify root causes, providing solutions where appropriate, refer unresolved items to appropriate second level support team
Ensure IT service desk policies and procedures are enforced and adhered to
Assist with management of the Incident / problem database
Continuously monitor and report service levels to ensure responsiveness of IT to business

Requirements:

B.Sc (Minimum of Second Class Lower) / HND (Minimum of Upper Credit) in Computer Science or any related IT degree.
1 - 5 years of work experience in a similar role.
Must have completed NYSC
Complete the Form in the link below to apply:
https://forms.gle/T3L3okQKpbWbirdE9

Work on yourself and apply for better job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Illegal1(m): 2:46pm On Jun 09, 2023
LikeAking:

E go beta...
omoh.......nah poor man prayer be dis.

E go beta...E go beta,and man dey old dey go...

3 Likes

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by jackmrandy: 2:52pm On Jun 09, 2023
ppogba:
One thing people do not know is that most medium scale business owners find it extremely difficult to pay salary. Whether the business makes sufficient profit in the month or not. The moment it is salary time, that is when they realize that the are the devil's " next of kin".

A few days ago, a woman wiith a shop being manned by a sales girl sacked the innocent girl. Wetin happen you might be tempted to ask.
The innocent girl has a monthly esusu that she pays with her monthly salary. Esusu man came on June 7. Girl took her salary from sales she made for the contribution. Madam owner came and said the girl should not have taken out of her sales because June 7 is not too late and that " some of her friends pay their workers on 15th or 16th of the month".
Can you imagine?
People beg madam employer, she said NO.

Things dey happen and most likely, employees in this type of employment will suffer more in the nearest future.

i understand that people can be mad when it comes to money. but she should not have coolected any money from the sales money. thats not good. whats bad is bad. we should stop painting bad things to be good.

1 Like

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Bukola94: 2:55pm On Jun 09, 2023
Anticrime77:
Even amazon go pay u more than that..if ure consistent. Just man up nd learn some skills. Go through youtube videos nd more. For yrs i cant remember wen i work for anyone.. No be say i rich.. But d skill settles every bills nd also allow me to hv investments.
what's Amazon all about,have been hearing it for the past 3months. put this guy through, I don't have time,I work 6to6. my laptop is just there chopping dust,I just warm boot it once in a while. I for like to do Amazon.

2 Likes

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by kad199: 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2023
eniolorunfe:
Chaiiiii

Person get mind deduct 12k from 45k monthly salary..

Still expected to resume 7.30 am to close 10pm…

how does a person survive or endure this kind of harsh working conditions

Even if na to dey drive keke napep on hire purchase, e better pass this kind job. At least you’re your own boss and you would make more than this at the end of the month. You can also start YouTube channel or any other online thing along side.

Oga OP, deliver yourself from this bondage that you’re in. Don’t let fear hold you down!!!
That YouTube channel how can I go about it
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by GeneralOpe(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hmmm. Make sure you get another job first before you resign.
I have been job searching for over 5 months now. I lost everything I had to agricultural scam late 2021 and i am yet to recover. If there is anybody who can assist me. Please call 08033598965. I need help. Please,
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Cloudflare: 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2023
samwash:

Oga I hate nonsense for life
How will you resume work 7:30AM & close 10PM for salary of 45K.
Nobody go advice you, better advice yourself.
Drop your certificate & storm the street. With your electrical/electronic knowledge, enter Lagos or Onisha go buy electrical parts like electrical extension, wires & the likes,for wholesales, find a busy place for street rent if you nor fit rent shop & start selling.
Prospect they that your field na.

CC: Aurelius1

Aurelius1 So many comrades here have already said what I wanted to say. E be like say suffer never tire you. U Better drop your certificate one side, hit the street and Hustle. Nobody this period person dey do white collar jobs except of course it's a federal govt job. Anything aside this is a complete waste of time.
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Anticrime77: 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1:
Which particular skill did you learn?
Keep learning while on d job ....
Graphics,excel nd power bi.
Once ure better at it.. Just go freelancing way.
For graphics..with ur design skills..design nd mint some nfts. Price them low... $20 to $40. There are platforms to flip them for money.. Its not going to be easy first but gradually things will take shape.
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Bukola94: 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1:
Initially, I was sleeping there but he started accusing me of sleeping in the room - something I've never done because I usually sleep under the staircase. It was then he told me to be going home after closing.
They don't allow sleeping over where I work too,but there is a way to go about it. he told u to be going home so that he can be sleeping with the girl. wetin the eyes don see and ears don hear is something I will never forget. the challenge, maltreatment and abuse
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by ppogba: 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2023
jackmrandy:

i understand that people can be mad when it comes to money. but she should not have coolected any money from the sales money. thats not good. whats bad is bad. we should stop painting bad things to be good.

I never said or implied that what she did was right. So, the issue of painting what is bad as good should not arise.
In the write up I said people begged madam. Why were they begging her? They were begging her because everyone is of the opinion that what the girl did was totally wrong.
Please learn not to make unecessary inference from what people write.
Thank you.
You are welcome.
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by ayandee: 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1:
Quit that job. What dos your wife do?
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by CodeTemplar: 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1:
I resume 7:30am and close 10pm so, learning a skill is not possible except an online skill. As for roaring back at him, that is out of the question. Just the other day he threatened to slap me. There are lots of things that I am currently passing through in that place that I can't say here
God will show you something you can do around you because advising you to quit the job will be impractical.
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Anticrime77: 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
Bukola94:
what's Amazon all about,have been hearing it for the past 3months. put this guy through, I don't have time,I work 6to6. my laptop is just there chopping dust,I just warm boot it once in a while. I for like to do Amazon.
No spoil d lappy o.. U will need time to earn via amazon kdp. I think there is a thread about it on nairaland nd u can as well use youtube too

1 Like

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by manmind: 3:10pm On Jun 09, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Well....... mobile clinic is like a small health center where pple go to for check up........

Pls can u explain more about how to go about it and the money requires. u can drop or contact if I don’t mind.

1 Like

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Cloudflare: 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1:
I resume 7:30am and close 10pm so, learning a skill is not possible except an online skill. As for roaring back at him, that is out of the question. Just the other day he threatened to slap me. There are lots of things that I am currently passing through in that place that I can't say here

Dude, ain't you tired of working for people and receiving salary? Don't you want to be a boss of your own? This job of yours is like slavery.

If you can drive, I'll urge you to look for a bus or keke for hire purchase agreement and start hustling. From there you can start making savings towards opening your own electronic shop or any other business u wish and you'll be shocked how you've wasted your time in that hotel.

2 Likes

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Aurelius1(m): 3:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
CondemnBattery:
What qualifications do you have? What's your location?
HND Elect/ Electrical Engineering.
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by adanonso(f): 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
Have side hustle, with your phone and data, start online biz. You can start network marketing. In a good company like Revoobit international, you will tell your boss to shove his 45k. Good thing is you only do it with your phone, you promote the products, the buyers pay and you send their voucher to the stockists who sends the products to them. More like dropshipping. Want to know more, chat me on 08103164131. And their . Products are super effective.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by nwetadinobi042(m): 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
What is a mobile clinic please sir?
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Op..........do u stay in Lagos??
I'd advise u to save up and start Mobile clinic.........

U'd be making close to 90k to 100k on good day.........even on bad day sef u cud make 20k or more daily Oooo........

That's what have been doing since I finished my nysc..........
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Bukola94: 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
Sirchiboy:
How much do I need to startup and what is all about the business
start with anything u can afford like 200k or 300k
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Bukola94: 3:26pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1:
Which particular skill did you learn?
please help the man if you can,may God bless you and continue to uplift u.
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Aurelius1(m): 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2023
Bukola94:
Sis I beg you if really don't need/ use the laptop I'd appreciate if you gift it to me. Please don't be offended by me asking. I really want to quit the job and be my own boss. I intend learning motion graphics and 3d animation. Any kind hearted nairalander who has a spare laptop should please help me I'm begging.

1 Like

Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Orbhagbemi555: 3:34pm On Jun 09, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Op..........do u stay in Lagos??
I'd advise u to save up and start Mobile clinic.........

U'd be making close to 90k to 100k on good day.........even on bad day sef u cud make 20k or more daily Oooo........

That's what have been doing since I finished my nysc..........

Boss send me some insight into this
oluwaseunobag413@gmail.com
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Postinor: 3:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
ItisWell22:
It’s really unfortunate you have to put up with so much for so little. 😢

It is well with your soul.

If you can, why not try out the keke or mobile clinic suggestion?

All the best… 🙏
what is a mobile clinic
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
GboyegaD:
■ Either lack of thoughts/exposure or laziness. Remembered visiting Ikeja High City over 20 years ago and some some lawyers shalt dressed due to lack of clients. For me, I felt with the things I knew about Nigeria, these guys should be doing much better but alas, the reverse is the case.
My very own father employed a labor lawyer when he was unjustly let go from his company back in the 1990s. Nigerians are just filled with excuses upon excuses for why they should not do the right thing. undecided
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Mikael0407(m): 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1:
I got a job as a hotel manager some months ago.

The hotel is a bit far from my house and I spend an average of N600 on transportation daily and the salary is 45k per month. Right now I'm fed up with the job.

The director is a man who doesn't take advice from anyone. He insults me at will and he says I'm stealing his money, even though he has no proof. I always leave the scene whenever he's around because he always has something to say and insult me at will even when I am not at fault.

He has gone round telling everybody that I and the bar man usually connive to steal his money which is completely false. The worst part is that he always threatens me with sack.

If not for the fact that I have kids to feed I would have resigned. I usually have this feeling of fear whenever am leaving for work in the morning. Just this morning he deducted 12k from my salary just because the security man resigned and went away with a student matress.

Right now I am in real distress because I am just so, so sad.

I just need some words of encouragement/discouragement because I am gradually loosing it.

This gave me terrible flashbacks to my time working in the hotel industry. Your boss sounds just like mine did embarassed had to leave there for my own sanity. Wish you all the best
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by nkemjacob2(m): 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1:
I got a job as a hotel manager some months ago.

The hotel is a bit far from my house and I spend an average of N600 on transportation daily and the salary is 45k per month. Right now I'm fed up with the job.

The director is a man who doesn't take advice from anyone. He insults me at will and he says I'm stealing his money, even though he has no proof. I always leave the scene whenever he's around because he always has something to say and insult me at will even when I am not at fault.

He has gone round telling everybody that I and the bar man usually connive to steal his money which is completely false. The worst part is that he always threatens me with sack.

If not for the fact that I have kids to feed I would have resigned. I usually have this feeling of fear whenever am leaving for work in the morning. Just this morning he deducted 12k from my salary just because the security man resigned and went away with a student matress.

Right now I am in real distress because I am just so, so sad.

I just need some words of encouragement/discouragement because I am gradually loosing it.

use Me to learn. I earn 38,500 as a Portal. I spend beyond 600 not to talk of feeding. I still work with them. I try to bring happiness to work so the frustration coming along with work won't spoil my mind. I have my own personal business which I am trying to put structure while developing a skills. Bear with Ur current job until u secure new job
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by greypencils: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1:
Baba, go and learn programming. You have the brains for it.
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Jefferyhi86(m): 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2023
U can just imagine a guest will just come in n say haa manager na you come de serve us, Na u come de wash cloth
Bukola94:
They are so wicked, I have work has a receptionist,barman and security. Imagine only me in an hotel that is like 5plots to 6plots. single rooms and executive rooms, and I must attend to all the customers in the rooms and others room simultaneously. I begin to lost it,there was a time I was nearly rape & I and one bartender nearly broke bottles on ourselves. the work was so tedious and the salary is nothing. doing it just to make end it&to survive. Al hamdu Lillah things are getting better now
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by MyExpression(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2023
Aurelius1:

7am to 10pm.

Resign.

Since you have a phone, work from home, be there for your family.

45k ÷ 25days= 1800 daily.

After spending 600 on transport, how do you and your family feed daily on the remaining N1200?

Your wife's prolly got one or two.

Get another job close-by, that pays a sustainable amount.

Again...learn a digital skill, work from home...or elsewhere.
Your mental sanity is important
Re: Fed Up With My N45k/month Job. by Bukola94: 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2023
Rosaline5000:

Is the Boss a god they can't talk about??
I am sure u are one of those people that says children shouldn't talk bad about their elders no matter the abuse they are facing because it is bad manners.

We live in Nigeria that dont care about references even if OP fight with his Boss, he will still get another hotel job in the area.
We should stop shutting people up because the Boss has money today doesn't mean the OP wont be richer than him tomorrow, we still have a slave mentality that's why our country is still backward.
"Dont talk bad about your parents even if they abuse you mentally and physically" "Respect your elders no matter what even if you are dying inside"
"Tolerate anything your Boss do to you because he pays your salary and you should worship him/her"
Rubbish
yes boss till dey Bleep ur anus&cum in our mouth & on top our head, slavery mentality is killing black man & our people need cure, because it is like a disease, and is deadly like cancer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! / Help Me Urgently Before I Lose My N-power Opportunity / See Twelve Things You Must Experience While Going For The Nigerian Military Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.