Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Systematic Slavery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Systematic Slavery (699 Views)

Stop Using French Flag As Profile Picture, It's An Act Of Slavery - Reno Omokri / POWER GENERATION: Systematic Deception of PDP/Jonathan's Administration / Benue State: Acn Documents Allegations Of Systematic Rigging Of Nass Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Systematic Slavery by babakb: 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2011
I'm going to be straight here, no much grammar, We youths must find an urgent solution to this worrisome development, right from childhood days we were told that education is the best legacy and without doubt education is indeed the best legacy but unfortunately Nigeria failed to get it right because education becomes the best legacy when there is infrastructural development and industrialization, in the absence of these two key elements the graduates of various institutions e.g universities, polytechnics, colleges of education, monotechnics, secondary schools etc will become employment slaves to both the government and private organizations.
You would see hundreds of thousands applying for employment where the total number of people to be recruited both by connections and merit will not be more than five thousand, eg the recent customs recruitment.
The private sector exploiting and extorting nigerians in the name of employment.
Self employment would be impossible because when there is no infrastructure, start up capital will be very high.
so the average nigerian graduate is in a trap.
i don't want to talk too much because you all know these problems, i only want us to talk about the way out.
we can't regret going to school only because the prospect of decent jobs for all graduates is dim, we can use our education to enforce good governance, the illiterates depends on us for revolution, revolution is not left in the hands of illiterates but in the hands of educated fellows. its our responsibility, is what we owe the ordinary nigerians. i await your contributions.
Re: Systematic Slavery by werepeLeri: 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2011
I know a lot of people who didnt go to school and are in self employment.
Re: Systematic Slavery by logic1: 8:38am On Oct 05, 2011
Nice one sir. We need solutions.

Please check out the post "Suggestions to make Nigeria better" to see ideas that can solve the employment crisis we have on our hands in Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-764430.32.html

(1) (Reply)

Libya: The Re-colonization Of An African State / Ibadan: Child Of Two Worlds : From The Perspective Of A Corps Member / k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.