Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike (2640 Views)

Governor Makinde Joins NLC Protest In Oyo / NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? / NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by Ukpaka: 2:20pm On Jun 03, 2023
Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike
https://247ureports.com/2023/06/breaking-news-nuj-joins-nlc-nationwide-strike/
-
An emergency Central Working Committee meeting of the Union was convened online today, Saturday, June 3, 2023, to discuss issues surrounding the decision by the Federal Government to remove Fuel Subsidy and the position taken by the Nigeria Labour Congress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by LagosFirstSon: 2:21pm On Jun 03, 2023
End of discussion

Tinubu must revert to the old price and come to the negotiating table

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by Nightwolf1: 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2023
I don't know why cushioning initiatives won't be in place before subsidy is removed. Leadership is just the problem of this country, and Tinubu doesn't seem to think properly before opening his mouth to announce anything.🤡

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2023
Whether you people like it or not, Tinubu will not Reverse the Removal of Fuel Subsidy......... Greedy set of Useless People.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by Jostoman: 3:10pm On Jun 03, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
End of discussion

Tinubu must revert to the old price and come to the negotiating table
Exacly. We are not in a banana republic.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by goodness4ever(m): 3:49pm On Jun 03, 2023
I hope Tinubu will be circumspect on this issue.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by Parachoko: 4:00pm On Jun 03, 2023
Subsidy is gone for good

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by UptownVibes(m): 4:07pm On Jun 03, 2023
Parachoko:
Subsidy is gone for good
More like .. subsidy is gone into their pockets for good cheesy. Those billions of collecting forms for people during primaries ,the billions given to yakubu and the rest to make him get the seat must be recovered.. You think removing the subsidy will be of benefit to you right? Clown!

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by Parachoko: 4:08pm On Jun 03, 2023
UptownVibes:
More like .. subsidy is gone into their pockets for good cheesy. Those billions of collecting forms for people during primaries ,the billions given to yakubu and the rest to make him get the seat must be recovered.. You think removing the subsidy will be of benefit to you right? Clown!
Subsidy is gone

If una wan strike till May 29 2027, make una do so, I sha know say the strike will only be successful in Aba and Onitsha. The NLC is working for Obi and the LP.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by UptownVibes(m): 4:11pm On Jun 03, 2023
Parachoko:
Subsidy is gone
And so? How much have you benefited since they removed it? I personally know how much i have benefited indirectly cheesy But then ,i am telling you that people who have direct access to the funds will loot it and you will benefit nothing..

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by UptownVibes(m): 4:13pm On Jun 03, 2023
Parachoko:
Subsidy is gone

If una wan strike till May 29 2027, make una do so, I sha know say the strike will only be successful in Aba and Onitsha. The NLC is working for Obi and the LP.
But your Tinubu and the rest of the hypocrites did more than what NLC is saying now ,when Gej first removed subsidy.Were you in coma then?

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by keymatt(m): 4:16pm On Jun 03, 2023
Parachoko:
Subsidy is gone

The mandate thief will not reach 3 months talk more of 4 years. He will return what he stole to the rightful owner.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by Parachoko: 4:21pm On Jun 03, 2023
UptownVibes:
And so? How much have you benefited since they removed it? I personally know how much i have benefited indirectly cheesy But then ,i am telling you that people who have direct access to the funds will loot it and you will benefit nothing..
Subsidy is gone

If you wail from now till May 29 2027, it won't change reality.

Any worker that goes on strike won't receive salary.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by Parachoko: 4:22pm On Jun 03, 2023
keymatt:
The mandate thief will not reach 3 months talk more of 4 years. He will return what he stole to the rightful owner.
Subsidy is gone

Any worker that goes on strike won't receive salary

Chikena

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by Parachoko: 4:22pm On Jun 03, 2023
UptownVibes:
But your Tinubu and the rest of the hypocrites did more than what NLC is saying now ,when Gej first removed subsidy.Were you in coma then?
Subsidy is gone

Any worker that goes on strike won't receive salary
Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by RighChannel: 4:31pm On Jun 03, 2023
Maybe NUJ na LP political wing likewise
Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by Parachoko: 4:31pm On Jun 03, 2023
keymatt:
Pandora Will never become The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

His only pathway to the Presidency is if Nigeria expel the 5 South Eastern State from The Nigerian Federatio. Only then can the Pandora Mediocre become a President, ruling Biafra that's made up of Anambra State, Imo State, Enugu State, Abia and Ebonyi State.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by BigBlackPreek(m): 4:32pm On Jun 03, 2023
gbasgbos
Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by MisterBanny(m): 4:33pm On Jun 03, 2023
Those against the removal of fuel subsidy are the real enemies of the country. The starting may be tough and rough, but, if we persevere, we'll overcome and be glad in the end

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by OfoIgbo: 4:43pm On Jun 03, 2023
Legendhero I hope you are perceiving the Armada that will hit the country, caused by Tinubu's gross incompetence.

I have no doubt other little unions, and possibly some political parties may start identifying with NLC and supporting the coming strikes and protests.

You have to realise that while you all worship Tinubu in Lagos, the rest of Nigeria have no regard for him. He must climb down from his high horse now, or his government is doomed.
Someone that stole a mandate the way one steals cocaine, cannot be showing wicked braggadocio totally ignoring the pain he is inflicting on the poor masses.

He should have followed Peter Obi's roadmap for removing subsidy

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by ResidentSnitch(f): 4:58pm On Jun 03, 2023
Parachoko:
Subsidy is gone

You've come again with this your zombified reasoning. Exactly how you reasoned throughout the 8 years of Buhari and Nigeria became this messed up.
You will not keep shut now and let people who have sense air their view.
Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by Parachoko: 5:01pm On Jun 03, 2023
ResidentSnitch:

You've come again with this your zombified reasoning. Exactly how you reasoned throughout the 8 years of Buhari and Nigeria became this messed up.
You will not keep shut now and let people who have sense air their view.
Subsidy is gone

Anybody that goes on an unnecessary strike won't receive his/her salary.

Absolute Majority of Nigerians are with The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria on subsidy removal

Our law does not recognize subsidizing petrol

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by toneroforever(m): 5:06pm On Jun 03, 2023
NLC led by Joe Ajaero is much better than that of Ayuba Wanna.
God bless NLC.
God bless LP.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by gabbytabby: 5:07pm On Jun 03, 2023
All are enemies of Nigeria and want Nigeria to be bankrupt and should be resisted.

How can Nigeria spend on subsidy more than they spend on the health of Nigerians, on the education of the chilren, housing etc combined. Is petrol more important than this.

Ukpaka:
Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike
https://247ureports.com/2023/06/breaking-news-nuj-joins-nlc-nationwide-strike/
-
An emergency Central Working Committee meeting of the Union was convened online today, Saturday, June 3, 2023, to discuss issues surrounding the decision by the Federal Government to remove Fuel Subsidy and the position taken by the Nigeria Labour Congress.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by IgOga(m): 5:10pm On Jun 03, 2023
OK let everyone set up their own petrol station and sell at N200.

Waste of time I think. Asl for the right palliative...subsidy is gone
Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by SalamRushdie: 5:15pm On Jun 03, 2023
Tinubu is not a sensible man , if he doesn't take time this Petro thing will overwhelm his new govt to the point they won't recover

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by Parachoko: 5:16pm On Jun 03, 2023
OfoIgbo:
Legendhero I hope you are perceiving the Armada that will hit the country, caused by Tinubu's gross incompetence.

I have no doubt other little unions, and possibly some political parties may start identifying with NLC and supporting the coming strikes and protests.

You have to realise that while you all worship Tinubu in Lagos, the rest of Nigeria have no regard for him. He must climb down from his high horse now, or his government is doomed.
Someone that stole a mandate the way one steals cocaine, cannot be showing wicked braggadocio totally ignoring the pain he is inflicting on the poor masses.

He should have followed Peter Obi's roadmap for removing subsidy
No one will stop you guys from striking in Aba and Onitsha

There will be no strike in Lagos

Anybody who goes on unnecessary strike will not receive salary

No Work, No Pay

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: NUJ Joins NLC Nationwide Strike by OfoIgbo: 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2023
Parachoko:
No one will stop you guys from striking in Aba and Onitsha

There will be no strike in Lagos

Anybody who goes on unnecessary strike will not receive salary

No Work, No Pay

There will be strikes in both Lagos, and the most important city in Nigeria, Abuja

And you will not be able to do anything about them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ebin Pawa: How My Neighbor Shocked Me / Born Againsm Is The Only Way To Eradicate Corruption In Nigeria - Pastor Adeboye / What Is Stopping Southern Nigeria From Becoming A Separate Nation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.