Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad (33754 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of / 5 Places In Nigeria You Should Visit In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Tonnierichy(m): 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2023
ShenTeh:
People wey dey relocate, you think say na people wey dey earn #50k per month?
Na why dem no get sense na. Most of them are regretting it now. They are having to do ridiculous jobs they never thought they would do in their lives. My friend japa, me sef won japa! Copy copy na him dey kill people.

Japa is perfect for people that won scholarship, or people that got an all expense paid job offer abroad. High ranking bankers are now cleaning shit abroad. Rubbish

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2023
I’ve never for one moment thought of relocating abroad permanently. But I completely understand with struggling Nigerians who fancy the idea.

Again, I will say here what I said sometime back, that the richest Nigerians hate to relocate permanently outside this beautiful country

4 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by FreeStuffsNG: 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
Skyfornia:
It is not all about money..some other things to consider are access to good medical care, safety, conducive environment, standard education for kids..etc
,And if you can not afford these in Nigeria then you can afford it overseas?smh

OP is making sense.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by gimakon2(m): 5:20pm On Jun 06, 2023
ShenTeh:
People wey dey relocate, you think say na people wey dey earn #50k per month?

You get time to respond to shamborin in the name of topics. People just want to be relevant at all fucking__ cost!

3 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Greenfaces: 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2023
Abi1985:
If you have business thriving in Nigeria, please don't japa. If you are rich, please don't japa. The only exception is to further your education or you have businesses oversea that you are managing or you planning to born your children overseas for citizenship purpose. Please Just come and visit. Enjoy your holiday and come back to Nigeria. I was reading a post on Instagram on someone in Nigeria with thriving business making some serious money and she was thinking of relocating to Canada. Please do yourself a favor and stay home.
Escaping from political enemies or enemies or insecurity doesn't count.
Everyone who has relocated at least spent over 10m from what i heard. That's not a poor person

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Quintopia: 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2023
Enculer2:
If you have the means, leave Nigeria.

Do not listen to people advising you not to leave.

They either do not have the means or have never lived in a country that works.

They do not know what it is to be a normal citizen in a country that works.

Nigeria is toss.

You’re an animal.

I have lived all over the world, and every single place has its own problems. America is extremely violent for instance. You can be in a mall there and some kid just walks in and starts shooting randomly for no reason, killing people.

Or a kid walks into a classroom and starts shooting.

Nigeria is a great place to live. The Chinese and Indians are here in their thousands, with more pouring in every day.

If Nigeria is so horrible, what are they doing here?

Idiot.

5 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by MechanicMike: 5:23pm On Jun 06, 2023
Abi1985:
If you have business thriving in Nigeria, please don't japa. If you are rich, please don't japa. The only exception is to further your education or you have businesses oversea that you are managing or you planning to born your children overseas for citizenship purpose. Please Just come and visit. Enjoy your holiday and come back to Nigeria. I was reading a post on Instagram on someone in Nigeria with thriving business making some serious money and she was thinking of relocating to Canada. Please do yourself a favor and stay home.

I agree....am movin bacccckto Nigeria nest month sir!!! angry
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by omoadeleye(m): 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2023
Skyfornia:
It is not all about money..some other things to consider are access to good medical care, safety, conducive environment, standard education for kids..etc

Which health problem you get self?? Wey you dey shout access to good medical care.

Is not Nigerian doctors dominating the same health sectors of the countries you want to japa to

7 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by emmybobo1: 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2023
Abi1985:

700k is not rich for overseas standard ; 700k is middle class so they can Japa if they want to. Ghana does not count at all, Ghana is not oversea or abroad.
Is it that you lack comprehension or what. Where did he tell you that earning 700k is being rich overseas. He's saying that it is only those rich in Nigerian standard that can afford to travel abroad legitimately

3 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by izibili44: 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2023
My brother it's not all about money
. I japa when my business was booming. I japa the day ex president Muhammad
baba failure was voted to power.quoteee author=Abi1985 post=123579490]If you have business thriving in Nigeria, please don't japa. If you are rich, please don't japa. The only exception is to further your education or you have businesses oversea that you are managing or you planning to born your children overseas for citizenship purpose. Please Just come and visit. Enjoy your holiday and come back to Nigeria. I was reading a post on Instagram on someone in Nigeria with thriving business making some serious money and she was thinking of relocating to Canada. Please do yourself a favor and stay home.
Escaping from political enemies or enemies or insecurity doesn't count. [/quote]
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by AirBay: 5:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
Be like say na this kind topic NL dy use gain traffic... una never tire.

Japa if you want, stay if you want.. nobody dy force anybody

8 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by savcy(m): 5:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
I overheard a story last week of a high ranking employee of NDPR relocating abroad to go work in elderly people's home. Kai! Una get mind no worry. Person get money to live for Gulf estate, PH, or one of theses fancy locations, and to buy better car. E abandon all only to dey work for elderly people's home for yankee... Tueh! I no fit. I go instead enroll my children for boarding school there, then dey visit periodically.

7 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Professor822714: 5:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
[Yea until:
1. You have a crash and theres no emergency services to save you from bleeding out on the road.
2. Armed robbers attack and take all you worked for and probably yoyr life, whole the police say rthey have no fuel.
3. Your wife orbloved one dies like a dog in a hospital cos theres no generator or qualified doctor.
4. A building collapses and kills you or someone close to you.
5. A drunk policeman shoots you or a loved one.
6,7,8,9,...... and quote author=Abi1985 post=123579490]If you have business thriving in Nigeria, please don't japa. If you are rich, please don't japa. The only exception is to further your education or you have businesses oversea that you are managing or you planning to born your children overseas for citizenship purpose. Please Just come and visit. Enjoy your holiday and come back to Nigeria. I was reading a post on Instagram on someone in Nigeria with thriving business making some serious money and she was thinking of relocating to Canada. Please do yourself a favor and stay home.
Escaping from political enemies or enemies or insecurity doesn't count. [/quote]

3 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Ifakiland(m): 5:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
SO YOU THINK TO JAPA IS CHEAP?
LOL
Abi1985:

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by 12inchess: 5:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
People japa for different reasons. But you will see someone that has risen to the bank manager level or close to the pinnnacle of their and with career in Nigeria and with college aged children looking to Japa. It makes not sense. Even if you want to give your kids a better life and better opportunities, why don't you double your hustle in Nigeria and send your kids to undergrad or graduate school here rather than coming abroad to start afresh for which it's not sure that it would be worth.

Anyway to each is own and anybody can do whatever they like. Just my 2 cents. If you're below 35 if you get opportunity to Japa and it's not like youre working in Mobil or one job paying you bastard money, you better japa for your own good. If you're an unemployed in Nigeria and you get opportunity to japa especially if its funded masters better japa.

But Youre a bank manager in First Bank. Better think and plan well. You don't want to leave your job paying you 1 milllion naira and above monthly to come here and be doing minimum wage job oooo. Your suffer no go get part 2.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by orumba(m): 5:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
My only reason was insecurity
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by andisa: 5:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
Op You have no business telling us what to do…thank you!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
omoadeleye:

Which health problem you get self??

Must he have immediate health problems before considering moving to another country? And even if he has will you pay his health bills?

No dey ask foolish questions on things wey no concern you...olodo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by HacheNoire: 5:30pm On Jun 06, 2023
The worst part is that, some people sell their assets to relocate.

2 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Manna4Gurls: 5:31pm On Jun 06, 2023
If I read right; If you are doing well in Nigeria, you have NO business relocating Abroad....

Op try comprehend your writeup first abeg... So he or she can't expand their business abi? The entrepreneur shouldn't try reach foreign investors? No settle for less o
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by 12inchess: 5:31pm On Jun 06, 2023
savcy:
I overheard a story last week of a high ranking employee of NDPR relocating abroad to go work in elderly people's home. Kai! Una get mind no worry. Person get money to live for Gulf estate, PH, or one of theses fancy locations, and to buy better car. E abandon all only to dey work for elderly people's home for yankee... Tueh! I no fit. I go instead enroll my children for boarding school there, then dey visit periodically.

This is the kind of people I'm referring to. Why leave an high ranking job in NDPR paying millions to come and be working in elderly people's home abroad. It makes no damn sense.

2 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Quintopia: 5:36pm On Jun 06, 2023
andisa:
Op You have no business telling us what to do…thank you!!!

He’s telling you the truth based on experience. Right now japa seems to you to be the best thing.

But in 5 or 10 years time when you’ve been over there for some years and are reasoning your life, you could discover that you would have done much better in Nigeria. Especially if you left a promising career or business back home.

But by then it would be too late to return, as per shame from nothing to show. Happens to so many Naija folks out there.

9 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:36pm On Jun 06, 2023
Bouncingbabyboy:

Game on!!
Child trafficking is high in the west than Nigeria
Mental health is worse there
Imagine a mad man shooting you with easy access to a gun??
Imagine not being able to buy ordinary antibiotics from the pharmacy without prescription that will take weeks

You can visit A&E to get prescription on time. You don’t need to visit your doctor if it’s emergency.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
Ans how many people are doing well in Nigeria, u need to earn like our politicians or have money like obi cubanna to be safe in Nigeria, here are the reasons u can't compare abroad with shit hole Nigeria

1 health care, their health system is second to non , if u die in abroad due to illness that means u have no chance of surviving at all ,
2 security.. no bandit or criminal to kidnap u for ransom
3 steady power supply
4 food are affordable
And so many things I can't mention here.. ask urself why Tinubu nd go and running to abroad to treat themselves, if u leave the shore of Nigeria u knw u live in hell

2 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by DMerciful(m): 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
You can be doing well and get killed due to insecurity. Roads are death traps, hospitals are disasters.

Doing well is not about bank account! If you live in a society where majority are not doing well, you wellbeing is at risk!

10 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by SpatialKing(m): 5:38pm On Jun 06, 2023
You need some exposure
Get some degree from the best universities
Make global friends

3 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Quintopia: 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Ans how many people are doing well in Nigeria, u need to earn like our politicians or have money like obi cubanna to be safe in Nigeria, here are the reasons u can't compare abroad with shit hole Nigeria

1 health care, their health system is second to non , if u die in abroad due to illness that means u have no chance of surviving at all ,
2 security.. no bandit or criminal to kidnap u for ransom
3 steady power supply
4 food are affordable
And so many things I can't mention here.. ask urself why Tinubu nd go and running to abroad to treat themselves, if u leave the shore of Nigeria u knw u live in hell

ILLITERATE.

Anyone listening to an ignorant dropout like you is doing himself a great disservice.

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by fredoooooo: 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
Facto
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by simply22: 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2023
[/b]
Opurumiri:
[b]

[/b]Very true. I agree with you 100%.. But you know Nigerians they will never listen
[b]

This is very true but who would listen? Especially to Nigerians, EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER.
The best thing for Nigeria is for most people to leave the country, those who are lucky to be able to
relocate back to live there, if they are able to take the mantle of leadership, they would fix things up
because they would have learnt what they lack when they were living there.

3 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by tuzle(m): 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2023
Abi1985:

Nigeria has all of the above if you get money
be whining urself there. Nigeria has good medical care and tinubu and buhari always go abroad for medical care. Good education pls mention the school. Even the environment u mentioned must be a joke. I am not arguing with anybody about the op arguement here but what this person is saying is false. Like comparing Nigeria education or health care with like canada or USA or south Africa environment. like why now. Lagos that is the finest in Nigeria only has few places that are very neat.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls / 6 Die In Accident At Oko Polytechnic In Anambra.Graphic Pics / My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.