Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,025 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad (33746 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of / 5 Places In Nigeria You Should Visit In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
ManOfSon:
My take: anybody who claims to be doing well in Nigeria must park wellaaa...you may just be a massive part of the problem. The only people suffering endlessly in Nigeria are those who have no part of the blame for the rot in that space.

Hardly would you see any Rich/Wealthy Individual in Nigeria who didn't get his/her hands Soiled directly/indirectly.

Don't let anyone deceive you not even Me.

Nigeria is a Nation built on EVIL.

5 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by IbeOkehie: 8:01pm On Jun 06, 2023
Abi1985:
If you have business thriving in Nigeria, please don't japa. If you are rich, please don't japa.

There was a major story done by the US Newsweek magazine on Dora Akunyili during her time as Director of NAFDAC. One of her deputy directors who was interviewed in that story just retired and moved to the United States two weeks ago and was introduced in church, live. I will not mention the name, but if you can find the Newsweek story online you can make your guess.

I know a full Colonel of the Nigerian Army who retired and lives here now. I know a major property owner in Lagos who not only moved here a few years ago but brought his married children and their spouses and grandkids with him. One of my secondary school classmates was the son of a CBN governor, his father lives here with us. I attended school with children of the elites in Nigeria, most of my classmates do NOT live in Nigeria.

I know at least 3 oil & gas drilling engineers who earned over $1K per day in Nigeria who have left the country and moved to Canada, UK and USA. As in, I've seen their paychecks. These are people who are likely worth millions of dollars.

Former President Buhari, probably one of the richest and most powerful men in Nigeria, has along with his family lived most of their lives abroad in UK and Spain. Even as military President back in 1984 when he was preaching to Nigerians not to migrate, all his family including the toddlers were living abroad. I bet you he will also spend most of his retirement abroad.

By the way, where do you think TY Danjuma lives? And his children? Wanna guess? tongue

It was in the news last year that Aliko Dangote moved his liquid investment capital to the USA. I won't be surprised if he migrates too.

And YOU know better than all these people?

grin

OK, we appreciate the cogent advice. You've done well, we know you only want the best for your fellow Nigerians 😉

Thanks indeed.

6 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2023
babakb:

Illusion shocked shocked shocked
You sound more like a kid..
Do you know how many Nigerians became citizens in the UK, US, Canada etc and even became Politicians/Leaders there?
Do you know how many professional athletes left Nigeria and realized their dreams abroad, footballers, basketballers, sprinters etc?
Do you know how many Nigerian professionals like Doctors, Nurses, Engineers, Pharmacists, Lecturers etc that are cashing out abroad and are sending money back home?

Keep dreaming 😂🤣🤣

You dey mind the Wereeey.

Nigeria's Success/Wealth comes with too many problems. No Genuine rest or peace of Mind.

If you are not Stealing, You will need to be manipulating one way or the other. You have to be on your Toes always, Bathing different kind of Soaps, Doing enormous sacrifice and Series of Spiritual fortification.

I can't count how many of these Rich/Wealthy/Influential Peeps whom people respect in daylight who Visits a Priest who is a friend of mine.

I will Just be laughing with my friend when these foools have left. Me and my friend will be like when they reach outside now, They will be doing Yanga for the Gullible Poor Ones with their Useless Nonsense Material Things.

Abroad has their own EVIL and Shortcomings too but I'll choose there anytime anyday. Blvck People are too Wicked & Disorganized.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:03pm On Jun 06, 2023
If u get good job for naija.... if u want to stay fine if u want to go fine...

If u dont have.... japa...!!

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by DMerciful(m): 8:05pm On Jun 06, 2023
Why do you feel America is the only place abroad? Have you heard of Canada, Australia,
Switzerland, Germany, Russia, Belgium, Italy
Quintopia:

Mumu. Are you aware that 70,000 people are shot dead in America every year?

Do you know in America someone can just walk up to you and shoot you for no reason?

If they tell you the number of Nigerian cab drivers that have been shot dead in New York City just because the passenger got to his stop and didn’t want to pay, you will be shocked.

4 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by placeofallure(f): 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2023
Opurumiri:

So you've not heard about the gun violence in the USA? Safety my ass

Yes, way too much gun violence but USA is not the only country one can relocate to.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by IbeOkehie: 8:10pm On Jun 06, 2023
Quintopia:

Mumu. Are you aware that 70,000 people are shot dead in America every year?

Do you know in America someone can just walk up to you and shoot you for no reason?

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/04/26/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/

Your number is exaggerated. It's bad enough but exaggerated.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by wolverine78: 8:11pm On Jun 06, 2023
To each his own. Do whatever makes you happy. No where is a bed of roses, everywhere has its challenges, you just have to make it work for you and make the best of it. If I'm able to earn six figure$$$$ in Nigeria maybe I'll take my chances, after all I work remote and can work from anywhere in the world. But then again, I have to contend with no power, reliable internet, reliable healthcare amongst other things. And yes, the US does have its challenges with Gun violence and all but then again you have robbers, kidnappers, unknown gun men, irresponsible police force, bad Govt and a whole lot more in Nigeria. Like I said "To each his own. Do whatever makes you happy". Considering adopting another African country.

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by doneback04: 8:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
My own is to see food chop and go about my business and earn money nothing concern me with Japa because am enjoying this country oo

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by IbeOkehie: 8:22pm On Jun 06, 2023
Khafsun:

Which good medical care??
Before you see doc for UK, you fit use years. Na only UK I know say the government dey advocate for self medication. Don't even start with US and the rest. Their people sef no fit afford am

Things have changed. Over 90% of USA residents have health insurance. If you care about the matter I urge you to investigate.

Cheers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by RaptorX: 8:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
The health care system in Nigeria right now this moment is better than Canada, take it or leave it to all those talking about good health care as a reason. In Canada you would just die waiting to see a doctor except your case is a serious emergency.

3 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by kushe: 8:35pm On Jun 06, 2023
IbeOkehie:

There was a major story done by the US Newsweek magazine on Dora Akunyili during her time as Director of NAFDAC. One of her deputy directors who was interviewed in that story just retired and moved to the United States two weeks ago and was introduced in church, live. I will not mention the name, but if you can find the Newsweek story online you can make your guess.

I know a full Colonel of the Nigerian Army who retired and lives here now. I know a major property owner in Lagos who not only moved here a few years ago but brought his married children and their spouses and grandkids with him. One of my secondary school classmates was a CBN governor, his father lives here with us. I attended school with children of the elites in Nigeria, most of my classmates do NOT live in Nigeria.

I know at least oil & gas 3 drilling engineers who earned over $1K per day in Nigeria who have left the country and moved to Canada, UK and USA. As in, I've seen the paychecks. These are people who are likely worth millions of dollars.

Former President Buhari is probably one of the richest and most powerful men in Nigeria, has along with his family lived most of their lives abroad in UK and Spain. Even as military President back in 1984 when he was preaching to Nigerians not to migrate, all his family including the toddlers were living abroad. I bet you he will also spend most of his retirement abroad.

By the way, where do you think TY Danjuma lives? And his children? Wanna guess? tongue

It was in the news last year that Aliko Dangote moved his liquid investment capital to the USA. I won't be surprised if he migrates too.

And YOU know better than all these people?

grin

OK, thanks for the cogent advice. You've done well, we know you only want the best for your fellow Nigerians 😉

Thanks.

My answer to all you have said is money doesn't save anyone from an inferiority complex.
Go to Peru,Argentina,Spain and see how the upper class in supposed not so developed countries think and behave.
We live and think abroad and never ever get integrated into our adopted societies.
No matter how much money you get for naija,in one central park west building you would become irrelevant with several occupants having either more money or clout than you.
Nigerians don't understand the culture abroad,they just think they do.

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by RaptorX: 8:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
The reason why people who are "doing well" in Nigeria in quote decided to abandon everything they have built to go and become third class citizens abroad, is not for insecurity or health care or the kids that's all bs. It's for number one 1 money and more money that foreign currency forget all that doing it for the kids nonsense no 2 because most Africans are just brainwashed and colorized robots despite how educated they are so anything associated with white people is considered superior.

2 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Tonnierichy(m): 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
ShenTeh:

Please keep quiet already. Refrain from saying say what you know little about.
Huh! Ode
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by MrBroke(m): 8:45pm On Jun 06, 2023
So people are just broke psychologically that they need to travel abroad before they can feel fulfilled. Now note that going on a Vacation is different from relocating
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by mmsen: 8:45pm On Jun 06, 2023
hrykanu231:

Not entirely true.
What if you get kidnapped? Because I know someone who left because of this.
What if you die like that lawyer in Lagos as a result of police brutality?
What if your business collapses as a result of poor policies like boarder closure?

Most people abroad, just want to experience a functional system for themselves and their children.

What happens to those same people when things go wrong for them abroad?

You people think "abroad" is paradise. You haven't seen anything yet.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Chinexx75: 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2023
In today's Nigeria, it is people that are doing well that are relocating abroad.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by kushe: 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2023
There is nothing you can tell all these "I want to japaa " people that they will hear. Their default setting is the grass is greener on the other side till they actually get to the other side.
London,Sydney, Singapore,Dubai are beautiful places to visit,I don't know about to live,but they are what they are because sensible people over time curated what we now admire in those cities.
If I can make the part of Lagos I live more beautiful, I would have achieved something for humanity. Why would I want to live abroad ?
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by ibtommy(m): 9:00pm On Jun 06, 2023
Kiddogarcia:
So you feel you've got the whatever standing to advise people not to japa,dey play.

Na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement tho
I need to make my thing increase and big. Van you help out? I no want the one wet go affect me oo
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by BiGVEEN58(m): 9:08pm On Jun 06, 2023
savcy:
I overheard a story last week of a high ranking employee of NDPR relocating abroad to go work in elderly people's home. Kai! Una get mind no worry. Person get money to live for Gulf estate, PH, or one of theses fancy locations, and to buy better car. E abandon all only to dey work for elderly people's home for yankee... Tueh! I no fit. I go instead enroll my children for boarding school there, then dey visit periodically.
lol. When I go make money for this country ehn, Igo live for this country like Yankee, my neighbour sef nor go know
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Yoighaman(m): 9:09pm On Jun 06, 2023
Abi1985:

Nigeria has all of the above if you get money

You sure??

Even your former Presido, Bubu dey japa for medical purpose, with all the money....

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Gerard28: 9:09pm On Jun 06, 2023
Abi1985:

Kidnapping can happen anywhere in the world.

Oga... you're just saying these things because you haven't gotten a Real threat to your life in this Country yet.. You haven't been in a situation where you had to beg for your life or watched someone beg for their lives and still get killed by either ritualists or Kidnappers who had even received the ransom or bandits. The day you experience these things with your eyes, that very day will you understand why the number reason why an Average Nigerian leaves this country is for security.

You just haven't been a victim yet.

3 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by babakb: 9:13pm On Jun 06, 2023
Gerard28:

Oga... you're just saying these things because you haven't gotten a Real threat to your life in this Country yet.. You haven't been in a situation where you had to beg for your life or watched someone beg for their lives and still get killed by either ritualists or Kidnappers who had even received the ransom or bandits. The day you experience these things with your eyes, that very day will you understand why the number reason why an Average Nigerian leaves this country is for security.

You just haven't been a victim yet.

Hmmm he's just been insensitive, he should ask the victims of the Kaduna Train station attack the spent 6 months in Kidnappers then embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Dyfynezz12(m): 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
Opurumiri:

So you've not heard about the gun violence in the USA? Safety my ass
Lol If Nigeria insecurity challenge was only gun violence,We won't be talking about insecurity in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Reference(m): 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2023
Some people just cannot stand the day to day corruption living in Nigeria exposes one to.

3 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by ShenTeh(m): 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
Tonnierichy:

Huh! Ode

I am sorry sir. You were right sir.

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by VTJN(m): 9:59pm On Jun 06, 2023
Tonnierichy:

Na why dem no get sense na. Most of them are regretting it now. They are having to do ridiculous jobs they never thought they would do in their lives. My friend japa, me sef won japa! Copy copy na him dey kill people.

Japa is perfect for people that won scholarship, or people that got an all expense paid job offer abroad. High ranking bankers are now cleaning shit abroad. Rubbish
how is JAPA good for someone who got scholarship? Will such person get a job after study or the scholarship automatically guarantee him/her job after school?
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Kiddogarcia(m): 10:02pm On Jun 06, 2023
ibtommy:

I need to make my thing increase and big. Van you help out? I no want the one wet go affect me oo

I don't sell dick Enlargement boss, Thanks
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by juman(m): 10:05pm On Jun 06, 2023
Dont throw away formula that is working for you to chase uncertainty abroad.

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by AirBay: 10:15pm On Jun 06, 2023
doneback04:
My own is to see food chop and go about my business and earn money nothing concern me with Japa because am enjoying this country oo

Keep enjoying mate until 9ja happens to you then you will realise... remember the doctor girl that was shot in the train....she was enjoying as well.

People mention USA when it's comes to shooting but they forget you have a 50% chance of survival when you're shot in the USA. In canada, your bills will be paid by the govt or paid by insurance, plus you will keep receiving money from Employment insurance till you're fit to work if not you keep receiving benefits forever. If you're shot in Nigeria, you will bleed to death in the scorching sun, if you're taken to the hospital, they will request for police report and before that arrives, you must surely have joined the angels, if you're lucky to survive but not 100% fit, you will be a beggar for the rest of your life.. you may as well commit suicide along the way.

Goodluck

I wish 9ja could be better.. so painful.

3 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Quintopia: 10:22pm On Jun 06, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Hardly would you see any Rich/Wealthy Individual in Nigeria who didn't get his/her hands Soiled directly/indirectly.

Don't let anyone deceive you not even Me.

Nigeria is a Nation built on EVIL.

But you would rush off to America that was built on slavery, mass murder, and invasions of 120+ nations to steal their resources.

Self-hating ASSHOLE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Quintopia: 10:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
Dyfynezz12:

Lol If Nigeria insecurity challenge was only gun violence,We won't be talking about insecurity in this country

What other insecurity is worse than gun violence?

America is the land of gun violence, and fleeing Nigeria on the basis of insecurity, to go and live in America, is supremely dumb.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam / No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 / Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.