Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad (33753 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of / 5 Places In Nigeria You Should Visit In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by hrykanu231(m): 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2023
Mayeldah:

What if one deranged teengager kills you inside shopping mall in the US? Gun shooting violence dey rampant there too

It is what it is! follow your heart, Japa is not for everyone. Don't go because others are going.

Well, na Stirling I dey...no gun violence for here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by zinaunreal(m): 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2023
Abi1985:
If you have business thriving in Nigeria, please don't japa. If you are rich, please don't japa. The only exception is to further your education or you have businesses oversea that you are managing or you planning to born your children overseas for citizenship purpose. Please Just come and visit. Enjoy your holiday and come back to Nigeria. I was reading a post on Instagram on someone in Nigeria with thriving business making some serious money and she was thinking of relocating to Canada. Please do yourself a favor and stay home.
Escaping from political enemies or enemies or insecurity doesn't count.

Sharap your stinking mouth. How does other people's plan concern you

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by onuman: 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2023
Skyfornia:
It is not all about money..some other things to consider are access to good medical care, safety, conducive environment, standard education for kids..etc

Why bother to reply?

Let him enjoy his billions of Naira in Nigeria and not try to stay in functional countries on unending holidays or health care.
Political leaders of Nigeria who have the country's money at their finger tips practically live in functional countries abroad.

5 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by oloriooko(m): 6:45pm On Jun 06, 2023
so you sabi go for better economic opportunities but others no sabi better economic opportunities abi
keep hiding behind one finger
going abroad far out weighs staying back
if you are doing well in 9ja stay there na why look for "better opportunities', enjoy your money in 9ja and travel to Borno, Katsina or Kaduna for holiday with your family and your money
OP just stay your lane, face your life, enjoy your booming biz

Abi1985:

I left for better economic opportunities , someone doing very well in Naija and is rich does not need to relocate. There is no hypocrisy here at all. Hypocrisy is if I get money for Nigeria and I am telling another rich Nigerian not to Japa. That is the difference

2 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by onuman: 6:46pm On Jun 06, 2023
"Escaping from political enemies or enemies or insecurity doesn't count."----

I wish I can understand what the poster meant above.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Kobicove(m): 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2023
Justpassingby45:

DO YOU HAVE SENSE AT ALL

Anyhow you dice it I know I have more sense than you will ever have even if you get 5 lifetimes!

2 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by babakb: 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2023
SIRTee15:

This talk about shame preventing people from returning is bogus and exist only in the head of people saying it.
In my 7 yrs abroad, I'm yet to see any naija who wants to return but shame is preventing him from doing
so.
People are actually returning, lots of them are coming back to set up business, monitor and invest in Nigeria.
The difference is very few relocates permanently. They come and go, and that's the key factor that people like u dont understand.
Nothing like shame anywhere.

Don't waste your time arguing with these Anti Japa fanatics, our politicians go abroad for medical treatment, they send their wards there for education, shiit they even steal our money to go invest there yet they are against regular Nigerians that wants to go and taste the better life, John Fashanu only played 3 matches with England National Team in the 90s, he still receives pension to date.

3 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by FavouredNK: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2023
victorVIC1:
What I fail to understand is why OP is still living abroad. Isn't this hypocrisy?

I was going to ask the same question too. I still don't know the reason why some adults think that they are in the right position to think for their fellow adults. Allow people to make their own decisions and fix their mistakes if any, a lot of people are always playing this I know it all cards on Nairaland and that's not good.

3 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Abagworo(m): 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2023
Nobody with seemingly thriving business can relocate except he's having undisclosed shortfalls. It's working class people that relocate to go and continue being working class.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Khafsun: 6:55pm On Jun 06, 2023
Skyfornia:
It is not all about money..some other things to consider are access to good medical care, safety, conducive environment, standard education for kids..etc
Which good medical care??
Before you see doc for UK, you fit use years. Na only UK I know say the government dey advocate for self medication. Don't even start with US and the rest. Their people sef no fit afford am

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by millionboi2: 6:59pm On Jun 06, 2023
gforce5:
The OP and those that liked his post are not in touch with reality. Newsflash, the people who are Japaing from Nigeria are the well-to-do folks. The ones who are earning 700k and above. Poor people cannot afford to JAPA. Hence why they migrate through Libya or Morocco illegally. Many rich kids don't live in this country. The ones that are living in Nigeria are those who don't have second passports. A lot of the 1% are buying second passports in drones to prepare themselves in case anything happens. Rich people with several businesses are relocating to Ghana and other countries that are not too far from Nigeria.

Many rich people are disillusioned with the state of the economy, insecurity, low patronage from clients and rising cost of doing business.
you can through families,you can decide to use your last card to japa,that doesn't make you rich.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Ashirioluwa: 7:01pm On Jun 06, 2023
Everyone is now a motivational speaker.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by maasoap(m): 7:02pm On Jun 06, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
But you need money to relocate. The people relocating from Nigeria are mostly the upper middle class folks. How many poor people have the means to japa?
grin grin grin
Mostly poor people raising money by all means, majorly debts.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Quintopia: 7:04pm On Jun 06, 2023
HacheNoire:

It’s not a rare case, very common.

The truth is that, Nigerians abroad don’t tell people back home the truth.

Most never know what they signing up for till they land.

Don’t mind the mumus. They will learn by force. By the time they spend 7 years doing security work that they’d originally planned to do for 3 months, their eyes will clear.

Meanwhile the friends they left in Naija are making big bucks as big boys in politics and industry.

Leave them. They will learn.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by tikco(m): 7:04pm On Jun 06, 2023
If am rich in 9ja the only reason to go abroad is maybe give birth or educational purposes but relocating permanently no

4 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by FavouredNK: 7:06pm On Jun 06, 2023
Abi1985:

I left for better economic opportunities , someone doing very well in Naija and is rich does not need to relocate. There is no hypocrisy here at all. Hypocrisy is if I get money for Nigeria and I am telling another rich Nigerian not to Japa. That is the difference

This advice would have yielded a better result if you are back in Nigeria and then narrating your experience, why you came back to Nigeria and why those doing well shouldn't go based on your experience. But as long as you are still there surviving, it's hypocritical otherwise why do you think that others will overcome whatever difficulties it is in relocating.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by maasoap(m): 7:06pm On Jun 06, 2023
Sweetvie:
Seriously, you're in no position to tell people what they'd do with their money.
Just collapse your thriving business to relocate abroad and face serious hustling. You will learn last last grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by currency10(m): 7:07pm On Jun 06, 2023
You are absolutely correct but some one needs to make the foreign link down so that any time it's feel to jet out it shouldn't be a problem for him/ her.

1 Like

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Enemyofpeace: 7:07pm On Jun 06, 2023
Skyfornia:
no mind the op, na wetin him sabi?

2 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by obaidan: 7:12pm On Jun 06, 2023
It depends on what you are looking for. But if I have a business that will fetch me 100m per annum in naija(less expenses and operating cost), I dey come back make we face the kidnappers together.

2 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by maasoap(m): 7:14pm On Jun 06, 2023
Whobedatte:
So na poor people dey raise 15 m for tuition for UK and US abi
Yes, poor people. Only if you know how they're doing it, you wouldn't be saying this. Many that travelled with student visas around me are young, poor, underemployed. But if there is will, there will be a way

2 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by funkmrflexx(m): 7:21pm On Jun 06, 2023
With a population of over 200 million nigeria is actually one of the best places you can make money and become a millionaire if you know how to make money. As for me I can't leave nigeria because I've discovered how to use the large population to my advantage. There's money in this country.

Imagine you can provide a service worth 5000 naira to 50000 people, that's 250 million. And 50000 people is just 0.025 % of the population. It's easy to make money in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by babakb: 7:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
Quintopia:

Don’t mind the mumus. They will learn by force. By the time they spend 7 years doing security work that they’d originally planned to do for 3 months, their eyes will clear.

Meanwhile the friends they left in Naija are making big bucks as big boys in politics and industry.

Leave them. They will learn.

Illusion shocked shocked shocked
You sound more like a kid..
Do you know how many Nigerians became citizens in the UK, US, Canada etc and even became Politicians/Leaders there?
Do you know how many professional athletes left Nigeria and realized their dreams abroad, footballers, basketballers, sprinters etc?
Do you know how many Nigerian professionals like Doctors, Nurses, Engineers, Pharmacists, Lecturers etc that are cashing out abroad and are sending money back home?

Keep dreaming 😂🤣🤣

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Whobedatte(m): 7:28pm On Jun 06, 2023
maasoap:

Yes, poor people. Only if you know how they're doing it, you wouldn't be saying this. Many that travelled with student visas around me are young, poor, underemployed. But if there is will, there will be a way
Poor people can’t raise such amount , stop fooling yourself! Someone who is struggling to eat three square meals is who they refer as poor
No poor person raise 15 million Maura to travel out for further studies .
They are not doing bad here .

4 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Enemyofpeace: 7:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
zinaunreal:

Sharap your stinking mouth. How does other people's plan concern you
don't mind him.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by amerengues(m): 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2023
gforce5:
The OP and those that liked his post are not in touch with reality. Newsflash, the people who are Japaing from Nigeria are the well-to-do folks. The ones who are earning 700k and above. Poor people cannot afford to JAPA. Hence why they migrate through Libya or Morocco illegally. Many rich kids don't live in this country. The ones that are living in Nigeria are those who don't have second passports. A lot of the 1% are buying second passports in drones to prepare themselves in case anything happens. Rich people with several businesses are relocating to Ghana and other countries that are not too far from Nigeria.

Many rich people are disillusioned with the state of the economy, insecurity, low patronage from clients and rising cost of doing business.

700k?! Quite misleading! People with #100,000 salaries have left the country. In Nigeria, you don't need to be 'that' rich to travel out. Just get someone to lend you money. That's what most people did.

By the way, Nigeria will and shall be great again

3 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by sonnie10: 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2023
omoadeleye:

Which health problem you get self?? Wey you dey shout access to good medical care.

Is not Nigerian doctors dominating the same health sectors of the countries you want to japa to
Practicing in Nigeria and practicing abroad is not the same.
The regulations, standards, support, equipments, infrastructure and safety measures are different .
Any doctor abroad could order an ekg, mri, complete panel lab on a patient and get results in matter of minutes on his phone.

3 Likes

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by ManOfSon: 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2023
My take: anybody who claims to be doing well in Nigeria must park wellaaa...you may just be a massive part of the problem. The only people suffering endlessly in Nigeria are those who have no part of the blame for the rot in that space.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Earthquakes: 7:44pm On Jun 06, 2023
Opurumiri:

So you've not heard about the gun violence in the USA? Safety my ass

Sokoto killings in one week is bigger than the whole USA in a month, and funny enough your hear about it while yours don't make outside NL or NTA

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2023
Wereeey I don hear you.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 06, 2023
ShenTeh:
People wey dey relocate, you think say na people wey dey earn #50k per month?

I know say the Wereeey wey dey behind that Monicker dey play Sarcasm.
Re: If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 06, 2023
Enculer2:
If you have the means, leave Nigeria.

Do not listen to people advising you not to leave.

They either do not have the means or have never lived in a country that works.

They do not know what it is to be a normal citizen in a country that works.

Nigeria is toss.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls / 6 Die In Accident At Oko Polytechnic In Anambra.Graphic Pics / My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.