Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,017 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience (12995 Views)

Have Just Been Diagnosed With Herpes / I've Been Diagnosed With Stage 1 Colon Cancer / Corper Diagnosed Of Lassa Fever In Asaba, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by marlow1962(m): 12:44pm On Jun 05, 2023
K
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by InvertedHammer: 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2023
/
You must go to at least 3 different labs in n
Nigeria to confirm any diagnosis. Who is ensuring QA in these facilities?

/
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by abimbola74(m): 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2023
professore:
Science has its limitations too.

Have you ever been diagnosed of the wrong genotype before? Who or what prompted you to redo? Kindly share.

This question becomes important seeing how genotype compatibility is necessary before marriage (or before even falling in love with that person at all).

Some people would have had no issue forging ahead with their marriage plans if they retook this test. But how common is this phenomenon?

To encourage people to look into this, kindly share if you have been there before.
Yes ooo, dem idiots said I b AS so I was so careful about dating people šŸ˜šŸ˜.. just 2 months to my wedding , mumc said make I go redo am sef and na so I did it in 3 diffrent hospitals ooo , black man is AA šŸ„¹šŸ„¹šŸ„¹ā€¦ though my babe is AA buh tears of joy flow for my eyes cos I wouldnā€™t have to start monitoring my childrenā€™s relationship šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by Maynmann: 12:47pm On Jun 05, 2023
professore:

Have you ever been diagnosed of the wrong genotype before? Who or what prompted you to redo? Kindly share.

This question becomes important seeing how genotype compatibility is necessary before marriage (or before even falling in love with that person at all).

Some people would have had no issue forging ahead with their marriage plans if they retook this test. But how common is this phenomenon?

To encourage people to look into this, kindly share if you have been there before.
How is been diagnosed wrongly a limitation to science or it is the scientist error?

Which method were you able to diagnose your genotype correctly? Same science?
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by OlujobaSamuel: 12:47pm On Jun 05, 2023
None.
Is it possible to have a different blood group and genotype when everyone in that has done theirs in the family has the similar results?
Everyone that has the result in our family is having AA/-A.
I've had reasons to do mine about 4times, same result
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by Hopiye001: 12:47pm On Jun 05, 2023
smiley

Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by Dagger111(m): 12:48pm On Jun 05, 2023
professore:

Yes.... during NDA screening.
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by professore(m): 12:51pm On Jun 05, 2023
Jennyclay:
No

I donā€™t visit quack clinics for check up
Happy to see this my troublesome baby on here grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by Stanweezy(m): 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
The matter get as e be, during my school medical screening, Genotype AA blood group 0+ as i wan marry do another one i saw Genotype AA blood group A+ I asked the guy if blood group dey changed? He said no, i kukuma komot my mind for the matter
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by presidentBAT: 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
Jennyclay:
No

I donā€™t visit quack clinics for check up

Dey Play ! .... Some Big Hospital produce error(s) in test results

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by Orubebe01: 12:56pm On Jun 05, 2023
Yes o. Happed to me when I was processing my admission. The test said AA, I was thinking that it was correct, I went into a relationship with someone who has AS genotype. Was hoping to get married to her until one day it occurred to me that I should confirm the test result, lo and behold, I was told that it was AS. I repeated it in 3 laboratories and the same AS.
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by professore(m): 12:56pm On Jun 05, 2023
Orathird:
My friend experienced that.

They gave her the wrong genotype.

The wrong genotype made someone marry the wrong person now that have SS CHILD.

IF YOU CAN, check your Genotype with 10 hospitals to be sure.
10? grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by janvier27(m): 12:57pm On Jun 05, 2023
Yes, in a private hospital. I was happy with the result for marriage reasons. But I was a bit curious cos it differed from what I'd been told from childhood, so I decided to redo in a government hospital. It took a longer time to get the result, but when it came they handed my correct result back to me jeje.
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by kallah11: 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2023
It all depends on the method use,some medical centers have modern machines that are highly correct.while the older methods are prone to false results.
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by presidentBAT: 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2023
Have Seen Some whose Genotype was inconclusive ( the test was done in 4 hospital)
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by gabbytabby: 1:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
The 2 test i did going into secondary and uni were both wrong.

While i was in uni i became unwell and the test done at that point in time contradicted with the 2 earlier ones.

Most labs in 9ja na fake. They just say you are AA.

professore:

Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by phemmyfour: 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2023
professore:

That's why people are encouraged to visit 3-4 labs to validate their status especially in this part of the world

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by Omoawoke: 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2023
professore:

This is not limitation of science but human errors. Possibly giving someoneā€™s result to another person

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by gabbytabby: 1:07pm On Jun 05, 2023
presidentBAT:
Have Seen Some whose Genotype was inconclusive ( the test was done in 4 hospital)

It's not possible. You blood is your blood.
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by bukkysam(f): 1:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
Hmm

How can husband be AA and wife is AS, and baby is SS? Paternity fraud looming...

Husband is AA, wife is AS. 3 months after they had their first child, they found out their daughter was SS.

At first, it appeared like a joke, a very bad one. Medically, that isn't or shouldn't be possible. They conducted the genotype test in four medical labs, and the result came out the same.

Husband and wife decided to have their genotype test again. Results were the same.

Then it became clear what was happening. Husband ain't the father of the baby. He secretly had a DNA test and it was confirmed he didn't father the baby.

Amidst the confusion, he asked his wife if he fathered the baby. Wife wouldn't confess. She insisted he fathered the baby. It's just obvious that whoever fathered the baby is AS which resulted in the baby's SS.

They went for a paternity test and it was glaring husband ain't the baby's dad. Wife still insisting she didn't get impregnated externally. She went ahead to do another DNA. Result was the same.

Wife became a shadow of herself. Husband got crazy. Their home became a "once upon a time."

Wife kept researching how possible it was that her husband didn't father her baby and the baby's genotype is SS.

Then she told a friend of the whole matter. Her friend just felt she's using female's antics. "Take responsibility," she was told. She kept swearing and swearing. Her friend told me of the whole drama.

I kept thinking about how this would be possible. Medically, it was impossible for AA to birth SS. Coupled with the DNA results, it was glaring. But wife claiming innocence and swearing on her life was a whole different thing.

I thought of what could have been. Then I arrived at a conclusion: if wife is innocent, then she's not the mother of the child. I immediately called my friend that I've found a possible solution. MNA (maternity test) to the rescue.

They went for an MNA, and test revealed she's not the mother of the baby. Babies were changed at birth. Long story cut short, they involved the police and investigations were carried out.

Multiple tests done "here and there." They got their own baby back - AS. They returned the supposed baby. Hospital was sued for the negligence and trauma.

Wife was so displeased her husband didn't trust her. They settled and made up. They just had their second baby - a boy. Husband stayed with wife in labor room and monitored everything. Once bitten, twice shy.

At times, so called paternity fraud is change of babies at the hospital.

SOLUTION TO THE ABOVE PROBLEMS:

1. Advise your male children, to stay with their wives in the Labour wards, as their wives are delivering.

2. Advise your female children, to insist on their husbands staying in and remaining in the Labour ward, during child births.

The world of today, are full of people with evil intentions.

Copied.

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by thesmallgod(m): 1:09pm On Jun 05, 2023
Anybody here Know if it is true that the chance of a lady with blood group 0 negative giving birth to male child to be very slim?
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by gabbytabby: 1:11pm On Jun 05, 2023
Mecure

Oluwealthy:
Where can one get the best test done in Lagos
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by Omoapena(m): 1:12pm On Jun 05, 2023
STOKLOSA:
Not me, my ex. She told me initially she was AA. I am AS. When the relationship was about to be moved to the next stage, she had another genotype test done. Turned out she's AS. We conducted the test in two other clinics. The results showed that she's AS. embarassed

She told you but did you ask if she knows through test or she just assumed...
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by ItisWell22(f): 1:12pm On Jun 05, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: NCDC Accredits Two Testing Labs In Ogun And Lagos / NMA Bars Doctors From Treating Commissioners, Political Appointees In Kogi / COVID-19 Update For December 28 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.