Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience (12992 Views)

Have Just Been Diagnosed With Herpes / I've Been Diagnosed With Stage 1 Colon Cancer / Corper Diagnosed Of Lassa Fever In Asaba, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by Teenaira: 1:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
News30:
Watch The Soft Arrival of Peter Obi at the Thanksgiving Service of Alex Oti in Umuhia

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK980H_yBMc

You people who worship Peter Obi will stone him if he ever gets another chance to become the governor of Anambra state.
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by zezebabs: 1:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
first time i did it in lab, they said i am AS, i did another outside Nigeria, they said i am AA, this thing is really confusing
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by DrDunamis(m): 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2023
professore:
Science has its limitations too.

Have you ever been diagnosed of the wrong genotype before? Who or what prompted you to redo? Kindly share.

This question becomes important seeing how genotype compatibility is necessary before marriage (or before even falling in love with that person at all).

Some people would have had no issue forging ahead with their marriage plans if they retook this test. But how common is this phenomenon?

To encourage people to look into this, kindly share if you have been there before.

Shebi genotype is now a pathological condition that's now requiring diagnosis?
Given the wrong results for a genotype test you mean to say
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:48pm On Jun 05, 2023
spencekat:
Mine was wrong blood group.I first did the BG test in SS3 on the dictate of my mum and it was A plus.

Before we (my wife to be then and I)enrolled for marriage class,we did blood group test and behold a different result (O plus)came out.I complained to the lab.staff and she couldn't say anything.

I had to talk to my doctor friend who advised me to go to another lab since blood group doesn't change and the result tallied with the initial one I did when I was in Secondary school.

As regards the wrong result,I later found out that the test was done by a lab intern.I threatened to report the intern.to the management of her clinic.One of the senior staff there was begging me to sheath my sword.
No
It is as plain as white and black

She must have carelessly mixed up the results.
Probably the genotype she gave you (tested for you) was someone else's genotype.
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by SaturnNick(m): 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2023
spencekat:
Mine was wrong blood group.I first did the BG test in SS3 on the dictate of my mum and it was A plus.

Before we (my wife to be then and I)enrolled for marriage class,we did blood group test and behold a different result (O plus)came out.I complained to the lab.staff and she couldn't say anything.

I had to talk to my doctor friend who advised me to go to another lab [b]since blood group doesn't change [/b]and the result tallied with the initial one I did when I was in Secondary school.

As regards the wrong result,I later found out that the test was done by a lab intern.I threatened to report the intern.to the management of her clinic.One of the senior staff there was begging me to sheath my sword.
Which one changes please
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by Tenumootito: 2:02pm On Jun 05, 2023
Yes in a big teaching hospital. I was furious and told them they are not competent. I insisted that the test should be repeated and it came out differently. The head of lab was begging me and I have to let it be.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by Anonymoususher: 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2023
Yes

When I gained admission into IMT Enugu back then in 2011, if you were familiar with that school then you will remember how over populated it was... During registration we were asked to do Medical one of which was genotype and on a specific location was picked (campus 2). When I got there the crowd was too much and they took my sample and after one month I went for my result and it came out AS.

When I returned for HND, I went for another genotype test but this time in a quiet place and it came out AA. I was confused, as in Shey genotype dey change ni.

I went on with those two confusing results until I met my fiancee, I know she is going to be my wife so I didn't want stories, she is AS so to know our compatibility I went for a third test and it came out AA again.

5yrs down the line, time to make the relationship permanent, I had to conduct a 4th test and it came out AA again

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by Thegamingorca(m): 2:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
You can't be diagnosed of a genotype

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by Diligence: 2:12pm On Jun 05, 2023
First Test Result: A AA for Blood Group & Genotype
Second Test Result: AS
Third Test: A AA
Fourth Test: A AA

It turned out I was carelessly given another's Test Result at 2nd Attempt.

1st (done @ FESTAC Area)

2nd (done @ Coker Orile Iganmu)

3rd (done @ Ikoyi) & 4th (done @ V.I)
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by Lexxxyy: 2:13pm On Jun 05, 2023
During my ND, they told me I'm AS, HND, they told me I'm AA
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by isabi2lof: 2:17pm On Jun 05, 2023
Nope
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by spencekat(m): 2:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

No
It is as plain as white and black

She must have carelessly mixed up the results.
Probably the [/b]genotype[b] she gave you (tested for you) was someone else's genotype.
Blood group
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by tbrown90(m): 2:30pm On Jun 05, 2023
professore:
Science has its limitations too.

Have you ever been diagnosed of the wrong genotype before? Who or what prompted you to redo? Kindly share.

This question becomes important seeing how genotype compatibility is necessary before marriage (or before even falling in love with that person at all).

Some people would have had no issue forging ahead with their marriage plans if they retook this test. But how common is this phenomenon?

To encourage people to look into this, kindly share if you have been there before.
have anyone heard about chorionic villus system (CVS) where the genotype of the baby is checked two months into the pregnancy, how accurate is it
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by amigo1088: 2:47pm On Jun 05, 2023
My first ever genotyping came out as SS....

But the reason I redid it was, after getting the result slip I was a little bit worried & sad. So I went to my Mum and told her, after narrating the result to her, she laughed and said "they must be stupid, calm down son you are not SS. even if you are SS, you're already 24 years and have never experienced any complications. so you have nothing to be worried about. you're fine my son."

the words of my Mum made me calm, but that result was still roaming around in my head. so I went to a private lab and did the test again, this time it came out AA.

The first test was done at Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital Sokoto, and the second one was done at MediStop; a private lab here in Sokoto.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by Ladiesdoctor(m): 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2023
Genotype diagnosis have became something else these days.
I know of someone, anytime he is ill, hIs results will show SS.
But whenever he is not sick his results will shows AA
These results have been from different labs.

There was time his blood sample was taken and was diagnosed to be AA, the next day same blood sample gave SS.
Parents are both AA.
DNA confirmed that he is their child.
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by presidentBAT: 3:09pm On Jun 05, 2023
gabbytabby:

It's not possible. You blood is your blood.

Am a Medical Laboratory Personnel and I know what am talking about ...... don't say it's not possible ...... I don't say what I don't know
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
spencekat:
Blood group
Thank you
noted
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
Anonymoususher:
Yes

When I gained admission into IMT Enugu back then in 2011, if you were familiar with that school then you will remember how over populated it was... During registration we were asked to do Medical one of which was genotype and on a specific location was picked (campus 2). When I got there the crowd was too much and they took my sample and after one month I went for my result and it came out AS.

When I returned for HND, I went for another genotype test but this time in a quiet place and it came out AA. I was confused, as in Shey genotype dey change ni.

I went on with those two confusing results until I met my fiancee, I know she is going to be my wife so I didn't want stories, she is AS so to know our compatibility I went for a third test and it came out AA again.

5yrs down the line, time to make the relationship permanent, I had to conduct a 4th test and it came out AA again
Brilliant observation

keyword: It was crowded

This is carelessness of the highest order which must not be pardoned. A sackable, unpardonable offence.

Must be Dismissed immediately
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2023
Diligence:
First Test Result: A AA for Blood Group & Genotype
Second Test Result: AS
Third Test: A AA
Fourth Test: A AA

It turned out I was carelessly given another's Test Result at 2nd Attempt.

1st (done @ FESTAC Area)

2nd (done @ Coker Orile Iganmu)

3rd (done @ Ikoyi) & 4th (done @ V.I)

This is an unforgivable offence
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by GorgeousAF(f): 3:58pm On Jun 05, 2023
Yes I have but mine was blood group...first test results was O+ So I had always held on to that!!! Fast forward to my second pregnancy @28 weeks,found out I was O-(negative)...took the test again.. same thing..did it in a lab outside the hospital same thing..omo Rhesus incompatibility.. ran a test for my first child she was B+..did an indirect comb test and it came out negative..went for anomaly scan for d child I was carrying and he was so normal grin...the doctors were amazed and couldn't explain it being that I hadn't suffered from any form of miscarriage... went on to have a healthy boy after which I took the Rogan injection...it was just God!!! Nigerian lab would have put me inside one chance due to their useless mistake!!!! And to think it was a reputable research institute that made such a horrible and outrageous mistake that would have cost me having kids due to miscarriages!! Now I take Rogan after every delivery!!!

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by GENTLETEE(m): 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2023
Mine was blood group. I have always believed I was a universal until last two years!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by YoungmcCoy56: 6:00pm On Jun 05, 2023
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by professore(m): 6:42pm On Jun 05, 2023
janvier27:
Yes, in a private hospital. I was happy with the result for marriage reasons. But I was a bit curious cos it differed from what I'd been told from childhood, so I decided to redo in a government hospital. It took a longer time to get the result, but when it came they handed my correct result back to me jeje.
grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by professore(m): 6:50pm On Jun 05, 2023
Maynmann:

How is been diagnosed wrongly a limitation to science or it is the scientist error?

Which method were you able to diagnose your genotype correctly? Same science?
I heard some machines are advance and highly accurate, what about the less advance machines?
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by Maynmann: 7:16pm On Jun 05, 2023
professore:
I heard some machines are advance and highly accurate, what about the less I advance machines?
Who made the advanced and less advanced machines?
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by professore(m): 7:50pm On Jun 05, 2023
tbrown90:
have anyone heard about chorionic villus system (CVS) where the genotype of the baby is checked two months into the pregnancy, how accurate is it
I have heard of things like that. I am not a medical doctor but I want to believe it has to be accurate.
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by professore(m): 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2023
GorgeousAF:
Yes I have but mine was blood group...first test results was O+ So I had always held on to that!!! Fast forward to my second pregnancy @28 weeks,found out I was O-(negative)...took the test again.. same thing..did it in a lab outside the hospital same thing..omo Rhesus incompatibility.. ran a test for my first child she was B+..did an indirect comb test and it came out negative..went for anomaly scan for d child I was carrying and he was so normal grin...the doctors were amazed and couldn't explain it being that I hadn't suffered from any form of miscarriage... went on to have a healthy boy after which I took the Rogan injection...it was just God!!! Nigerian lab would have put me inside one chance due to their useless mistake!!!! And to think it was a reputable research institute that made such a horrible and outrageous mistake that would have cost me having kids due to miscarriages!! Now I take Rogan after every delivery!!!
Interesting. Is that to say O- comes with complications such as miscarriage if Rogan injection is not taken?
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by professore(m): 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2023
Maynmann:

Who made the advanced and less advanced machines?
so in case of error, is that not scientific limitation?
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by StemCellTherapi(m): 8:28pm On Jun 05, 2023
Yet my Sickle Cell (SS) patient, a small boy of 8yrs whom I have been treating just got HEALED of Sickle Cell Disease and his genotype has changed to AA after 3 months of treatment.

My second Sickle Cell (SS) Disease patient, a boy of 5yrs old got HEALED too and genotype changed to AS after 11 months of treatment.

No Surgery ooo.

This is 2023.

People's genotypes are changing from Sickle Cell (SS) to both AS and AA.

If u no know, u no go know.

Over 99% of the health challenges that killed people in the 80's and 90's can now be reversed completely.

May una dey play.
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience by Chuksaluta(m): 8:37pm On Jun 05, 2023
I was given a wrong genotype in a very reputable hospital some 3 years ago. I challenged it as I know what it should be, and they apologised.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: NCDC Accredits Two Testing Labs In Ogun And Lagos / NMA Bars Doctors From Treating Commissioners, Political Appointees In Kogi / COVID-19 Update For December 28 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.