Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,918 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness (35470 Views)

President Tinubu Approves Adjustment Of 25% Peculiar Allowance For Health Worker / I Didn’t Say Peter Obi Rigged Election - Chief Ndubisi Nwobu, PDP Witness / Presidential Tribunal : My Father Told Me Atiku Is Born Nigerian- Pdp’s Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by SenatePresdo(m): 2:44pm On Jun 05, 2023
bentenny:

What % did Obj get in 2003 in FCT?
Let's start from there with evidence?

You are the one to disprove what i said.

Show me.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Isobug: 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2023
josilcool:
Atiku did not have 25% in FCT and also 2/3 of the federation. He came 2nd

Obi did not have 25% in 2/3 of the federation but have it in FCT. He came 3rd

Tinubu did not have 25% in FCT but have it in 2/3 of the federation. He came 1st

Who is now qualify to be declare as president..?
You are daft.....Those that did that way did it because they regarded FCT as a mini Nigeria where every states of the federation is represented proportionally. If you win the FCT, then a good number of people from all states voted

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Tareq1105: 2:46pm On Jun 05, 2023
wwwkaycom:
You can be sure that obidients will take this to town and dance naked in the market square because of the "good news". Meanwhile, the witness, Madaki also contradicted himself under cross examination by counsel to the All Progressives Congress (APC), Lateef Fagbemi (SAN), by admitting that FCT is like any other state.
Obi goes no where friends, no amount of falsehood, half truths or misinterpretation of our constitution can help Obi to win at the tribunal, ire o!

He did not contradict himself, he only said the obvious bcoz FCT is part of Nigeria territory and the Nigeria constitution says all votes are equal.

None of the federating units of Nigeria (36 states+FCT) is greater or special than others.

In other words, the votes of Nigerians residing in FCT cannot be greater or more special than that of Nigerians in Bayelsa state.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by princejohnard(m): 2:46pm On Jun 05, 2023
FCT, two senators ?? Really??

New nigeria lover ehn. Y'all are using emotion to comment on politics. Body go tell you.

For reference, FCT ONLY have one Elected Senator!!

MrCGPA:
Nigerians are Keenly Waiting for how the Court will Rule on the FCT Compulsory 25%. FCT produces only two Senators since it's not a State Why states produce 3. LP results were Reduced tremendously in Abuja, Lagos and Rivers State and people know every game that played. Let's see if the Constitution will be Changed because of Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Afamed: 2:46pm On Jun 05, 2023
Zombies no dey tire
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by GodSon1900: 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2023
datola:
All these lawyers are learners.

How can an ordinary FCT that's not even equal to a state in status form the main basis of winning Nigeri's presidential elections..

I'm even more surprised the once-respected Olisa Agbakoba is also alluding to the same folly.

That 25% in Abuja should never form the main basis joor.

That small Abuja - not even up to one state

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Kayrich(m): 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2023
MrCGPA:
Nigerians are Keenly Waiting for how the Court will Rule on the FCT Compulsory 25%. FCT produces only two Senators since it's not a State Why states produce 3. LP results were Reduced tremendously in Abuja, Lagos and Rivers State and people know every game that played. Let's see if the Constitution will be Changed because of Tinubu.

Not 2 senators. FCT has one

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by OvertheTop(m): 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2023
datola:

How can an ordinary FCT that's not even uqual to a state in status form the main basis of winning Nigeri's presidential elections..

I'm even more surprised the once respected Olisa Agbakoba is also alluding to the same folly.

Very Funny. Then should vote only in FCT then
Any body that wins there should be President.
LoL

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by gloryman91: 2:49pm On Jun 05, 2023
N3TRAL:
It's amusing when adults think like kids. To believe that Tinubu will lose in court must be associated with low IQ and emotional intelligence level.

Hope is not enough to stop Tinubu.

The Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court will not cancel the elections or declare another candidate winner.

Stop wasting your resources, keep your house together and fight back in 2027 at the polls.
So you don't want we lawyers and journalists to cash out by smiling to our bank account ?

Let the cases continue till 2027.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by lagonovo: 2:49pm On Jun 05, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

For the people like you that sees FCT as a state. Or don't a State have a Governor and other arms of Government?
1 - The constitution only states that reference to the governor, as far as the FCT is concerned, is to the president of Nigeria. There is no mention of any specific election to be conducted for Governor of FCT and no electoral material indicates that in the FCT.
This makes sense because residency in Abuja is expected to be largely dynamic with many people also maintaining residency in their home states.

2 - The constitution made it clear that its provisions sees Abuja as a state - Chapter VIII Part I Section 299

Chapter VIII
Federal Capital Territory, Abuja and General Supplementary Provisions
Part I
Federal Capital Territory, Abuja
297. (1) There shall be a Federal Capital Territory, Abuja the boundaries of which are as defined in Part II of the First Schedule to this Constitution.
(2) The ownership of all lands comprised in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja shall vest in the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
298. The Federal Capital Territory, Abuja shall be the Capital of the Federation and seat of the Government of the Federation.
299. The provisions of this Constitution shall apply to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as if it were one of the States of the Federation; and accordingly - .....

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by princejohnard(m): 2:49pm On Jun 05, 2023
Mini Nigeria indeed....

Using this your logic means at state level if a governorship candidate didn't have 1/4 in the state capital, such candidate should not be declared winner even if such candidate have the highest number of casted votes in that state.

Make it make sense ooo

Isobug:

You are daft.....Those that did that way did it because they regarded FCT as a mini Nigeria where every states of the federation is represented proportionally. If you win the FCT, then a good number of people from all states voted

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Jakama90(m): 2:50pm On Jun 05, 2023
Free and fair: Peter obi won the election.
Constitutionally: Peter Obi still won the election. They just use magu magu and election malpractice to install Tinubu as the president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:50pm On Jun 05, 2023
OceanEye:

You see what I am saying?

That is what the constitution stipulated and not including, let the learned justices do the interpretation once and for all.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by georgeakins: 2:51pm On Jun 05, 2023
Felabrity:
Thy should disqualify each other and announce Peter Obi as the winner, so Nigerians can be happy

This one is a disaster

Obi has been declared as Biafran president.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Metaverse: 2:51pm On Jun 05, 2023
SalamRushdie:

I am a PDP man and very Pro Atiku but if I was a judge I wouldn't nullify the election..the fallout will be to dangerous for Nigeria and Nigerians at this point

So you would rather pervert the course of justice and violate an oath you swore to uphold justice against all odds, simply for your own selfish opinion on the magnitude of a potential fallout?
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by bentenny(m): 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
SenatePresdo:

You are the one to disprove what i said.

Show me.
grin
I will do so but not because of you but for those who might likely be deceived by your lies!

https://www.electoralgeography.com/new/en/countries/n/nigeria/nigeria-presidential-election-2003.html

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by lagonovo: 2:57pm On Jun 05, 2023
TheOldGods:
besides which one is section 15, 17. There is nothing like that, under which chapter. No be to come and be confusing people
grin I dey work and type

Chapter II Section 15(2)
Chapter II Section 17(2)a
Chapter IV Section 42(1)b
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Tareq1105: 2:59pm On Jun 05, 2023
GetSenseNow:

Funny that you support Tinubu who once said he doesn't believe in one Nigeria, who Sunday Igboho said gave him ₦5M (thus proving that he funds Oduduwa Nation separatists)

Funny that you support Shettima whose ties to Boko Haram is visible even to the blind.

You, sir, are an idiot

We've passed that stage, election is over.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2023
datola:

How can an ordinary FCT that's not even uqual to a state in status form the main basis of winning Nigeri's presidential elections..

I'm even more surprised the once respected Olisa Agbakoba is also alluding to the same folly.

Go and ask people who wrote the constitution
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by SalamRushdie: 3:01pm On Jun 05, 2023
Metaverse:

So you would rather pervert the course of justice and violate an oath you swore to uphold justice against all odds, simply for your own selfish opinion on the magnitude of a potential fallout?

Judgement is not only about Justice , there is something called best interest standard to look out for , you must weigh your judgement so it's passage doesn't bring about a situation worse than non passage ..Imagine removing Tinubu and the whole SW turns into civil unrest the claims the lives of thousands and renders millions jobless ? Nigeria is tribal cesspit where tribes will support the person no matter what and especially now that he has been sworn in

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Quebec91(m): 3:02pm On Jun 05, 2023
Conundrum part 2
josilcool:

Tinubu did not have 25% in FCT but have it in 2/3 of the federation. He came 1st

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by BleedTears: 3:02pm On Jun 05, 2023
N3TRAL:
It's amusing when adults think like kids. To believe that Tinubu will lose in court must be associated with low IQ and emotional intelligence level.

The Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court will not cancel the elections or declare another candidate winner.

Stop wasting your resources, keep your house together and fight back in 2027 at the polls.

Your comment was the reality but last paragraph got me laughing and I am sorry to say you're so wrong on that.

Fight back in 2027, how?
To set up their own INEC office who will declare results transparently in 2027?

If the court cannot do anything now what makes you think they will do anything different in 2027?

And I'm sure if someone had told you in 2019 that INEC will declare anybody who didn't get 25% vote in FCT a winner, you would have doubted the person but today it happened before your eyes. So what makes you think they will change in 2027. Dey play

APC will continue to be president until they select someone like Jonathan who is not ready to do anything to retain power.

So if you like fight back from today till 2099, INEC will always declare who they want as the winner and 98% chances is going to be the ruling party.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by CaptainFM1: 3:02pm On Jun 05, 2023
N3TRAL:

Ok. Lol
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by onuman: 3:03pm On Jun 05, 2023
nairalandkachy1:

https://dailytrust.com/presidency-lack-of-25-in-fct-disqualifies-tinubu-atiku-witness/

Constitution on Election and Administrstion: two headings.

The Constitution is clear on administrstion matters where it says that the FCT is like any other state.

The Constitution is clear on Election matters where it says that a presidential candidate must win 25% of votes in Abuja capital territory, and in 2/3 of the number of states, before declared winner.

There is no confusion between the two headings.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by hardbody: 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
josilcool:

A re-run is the answer. Bookmark this response.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by thegooddieyoung: 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
Olisa Agbakoba remains a respected and highly revered legal luminary even without your ilks

datola:

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by dalaman: 3:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
RingRoadMafia:
Disqualify those bastards and reconcile Obi’s actual scores from the iREV and tell me how he wouldn't emerge as president. The judiciary should do the right thing now that Nigerians are calm, it's not when we take matters into our own hands that they will start to run helter skelter

You and who will take matters into your hands?
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Igwe9(m): 3:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
Zico5:
Majority of obidients are nothing but empty heads. We are talking of what's written in the constitution and not one man's opinion. I have never heard about 25% in federal or state capital in my life and the way they are pushing this issue shows they are pure garbage. Thank God it's their opinion and not what the constitution say. In 1979, when Lagos was the federal capital, Awolowo won Lagos with landslide but Shagari was pronounced the president cos he scored the majority votes. Let see how this goes, but I know they have failed already
The two bolded parts show how ignorant you are, we are talking about 1999 constitution as amended and you are talking about 1979, no wonder you know little

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Zico5(m): 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2023
Igwe9:

The two bolded parts show how ignorant you are, we are talking about 1999 constitution as amended and you are talking about 1979, no wonder you know little
I know whom you are and the region u are coming from. Majority of u there are illiterates. So no need to argue with u.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Stone24: 3:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
N3TRAL:

. After rain comes 🌞 shine , we will know how ur IQ is when the time comes
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Chatflick(m): 3:09pm On Jun 05, 2023
N3TRAL:

At this point, it is safe to say you are extremely stupid. You are the real child here. Your IQ must be so low for you to keep living in denial.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagosians React To Jonathan's Campaign In Lagos On Twitter / MASSOB To Jonathan: Free Rev. King, 35 Others Before May 29 / Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.