Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,707 members, 7,813,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness (35443 Views)

President Tinubu Approves Adjustment Of 25% Peculiar Allowance For Health Worker / I Didn’t Say Peter Obi Rigged Election - Chief Ndubisi Nwobu, PDP Witness / Presidential Tribunal : My Father Told Me Atiku Is Born Nigerian- Pdp’s Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 05, 2023
Newton2024:
Wahala in the courtroom 🤣😭🤣

INEC vs PDP’s 2nd witness.

INEC: You will agree with me that Atiku scored 15% in FCT

Witness: Yes

INEC: So that means he cannot be made the president since he did not score 25% in FCT

Witness: Even Tinubu did not score 25% and you made him president.

🤣🤣🤣
Everyone in the courtroom was almost on the floor from laughter

INEC: That is not my question. Atiku scored 15% in FCT so why did you write in your testimony that he should be declared president.

Witness: Even Tinubu did not get 25% in FCT, if they can declare him then they can also declare Atiku as president.

🤣🤣🤣
the day I read Obi's petition, that was as far back as March I said the court will burst into hysterical laughter when they bring up this FCT talk

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by lagonovo: 2:26pm On Jun 05, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
If the President is the Governor of FCT, as a state, is the Governor not expected to have 2/3 of 25% votes in the local government that makes up the state?
Where did you pull that from? You guys simply have no clue how the law works so it's better for you to just keep observing until we have a ruling. You can't just manufacture any IF statement that suits your fancy unless you are prepared to show any section of our constitution that mentioned 'Governor of FCT'.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Billygee2u: 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Obi we know
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
savcy:
Not Quite. Obasanjo once failed to get 25% in Abuja, and yet the Supreme court judged in his favour against Buhari.

Stop spreading lies.

The case was that, Buhari scored more than Obasanjo in the Presidential election in the FCT and believed he should be declared President.

However, the court ruled that, even though Buhari won Obasanjo in the FCT, Obasanjo met the mandatory 25% and so was declared to continue as President.

Please, all Democratic Presidents in the history of Nigeria have had the compulsory 25% except Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by TheOldGods: 2:29pm On Jun 05, 2023
datola:
All these lawyers are learners.

How can an ordinary FCT that's not even uqual to a state in status form the main basis of winning Nigeri's presidential elections..

I'm even more surprised the once respected Olisa Agbakoba is also alluding to the same folly.

you already answered yourself. It's is not a state, that is why it's treated differently. Since it's not a state, then what then is it? It has to be special for it not to be a state yet the capital of a country

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:29pm On Jun 05, 2023
OceanEye:
When they say a candidate must score 25% in at least some numbers of states including FCT, I don't see why FCT has to be special there.

We are just being confused by English grammar that is not our ingenious language.

AND

4 Likes

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by okuta007: 2:29pm On Jun 05, 2023
josilcool:
Atiku did not have 25% in FCT and also 2/3 of the federation. He came 2nd

Obi did not have 25% in 2/3 of the federation but have it in FCT. He came 3rd

Tinubu did not have 25% in FCT but have it in 2/3 of the federation. He came 1st

Who is now qualify to be declare as president..?

have you heard the word “run off” before ?

Nigeria is supposed to have a constitution- Nigeria is not ruled by emotions or gut feelings like you are insinuating here

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Shantyken(m): 2:29pm On Jun 05, 2023
MrCGPA:
Nigerians are Keenly Waiting for how the Court will Rule on the FCT Compulsory 25%. FCT produces only two Senators since it's not a State Why states produce 3. [s]LP results were Reduced tremendously in Abuja, Lagos and Rivers State[/s] and people know every game that played. Let's see if the Constitution will be Changed because of Tinubu.
Even in Sokoto, Borno, yobe, adamawa abi.
Just dey dream

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Nfora: 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2023
datola:

How can an ordinary FCT that's not even uqual to a state in status form the main basis of winning Nigeri's presidential elections..

I'm even more surprised the once respected Olisa Agbakoba is also alluding to the same folly.

It is not a matter of logic but law.

Whether by error or omission, the law remains the law, until otherwise changed .

2/3 of all the states of the federation and Federal Capital Territory

is quite different from

2/3 of all the states of the federation ,including Federal Capital Territory

4 Likes

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by okuta007: 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
GOFRONT:
grin

Nothing concern me and Tribunal matter.

Na how to enter Sweden I dey reason now. Sweden dey sweet me to go now.

to go pack oyinbo sh it abi ?
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
lagonovo:

Where did you pull that from? You guys simply have no clue how the law works so it's better for you to just keep observing until we have a ruling. You can't just manufacture any IF statement that suits your fancy unless you are prepared to show any section of our constitution that mentioned 'Governor of FCT'.

For the people like you that sees FCT as a state. Or don't a State have a Governor and other arms of Government?
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Felabrity: 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
Ambitious21:

Cos Obi get 25% in other states ( 24 ) as required by the law.

Your education is a waste.. muguuu
your pàpa múgu

Did you miss the part where I said they should disqualify each other?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by PHIPEX(m): 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
savcy:
Not Quite. Obasanjo once failed to get 25% in Abuja, and yet the Supreme court judged in his favour against Buhari.
Stop lieing, which year 1999 or 2003?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:33pm On Jun 05, 2023
Spirit04:
the day I read Obi's petition, that was as far back as March I said the court will burst into hysterical laughter when they bring up this FCT talk

Buhari vs Obasanjo : Supreme Court decision over 25% in FCT

The latest evidence arose from another scrutiny of the Supreme Court ruling in the case between Muhammadu Buhari, the then candidate of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), and Olusegun Obasanjo, the then Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) candidate, on Friday, July 15, 2005, by Mr. Dokun Ojomo.

According to Mr. Ojomo, in the ruling, the apex court had upheld that presidential candidates must win 25 per cent of all votes cast in 24 states, as well as the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

Commenting on the outcome of the 2003 Presidential Election Petition Tribunal (PEPT) and the 25% in FCT saga, Ojomo wrote:

“After the 2003 elections, Buhari called for the cancellation of the election since Obasanjo failed to win in FCT but it was resolved that winning the FCT is not mandatory but having 25% in FCT is very mandatory.

https://jkcyno.com/buhari-vs-obasanjo-supreme-court-decision-over-25-in-fct/

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by lagonovo: 2:33pm On Jun 05, 2023
TheOldGods:
you already answered yourself. It's is not a state, that is why it's treated differently. Since it's not a state, then what then is it? It has to be special for it not to be a state yet the capital of a country
How does that now translate to a situation where individual votes in FCT carry more weight than individual votes in Kebbi, Ekiti, Ebonyi or Bayelsa? That would totally contradict several sections of our constitution relating to equality and discrimination e.g. Section 15, Section 17 and Section 42 to mention a few.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by king1250: 2:33pm On Jun 05, 2023
datola:

Your ascertion should not be by personal opinion or view but by the constitutional provisions.
Even if it's not up to a local government and the constitution demands it as requirement then let Nigeria constitution overrule as it supersede every other laws and opinions.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by OceanEye: 2:33pm On Jun 05, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

AND

You see what I am saying?

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Levels1(m): 2:35pm On Jun 05, 2023
MrCGPA:
Nigerians are Keenly Waiting for how the Court will Rule on the FCT Compulsory 25%. FCT produces only two Senators since it's not a State Why states produce 3. LP results were Reduced tremendously in Abuja, Lagos and Rivers State and people know every game that played. Let's see if the Constitution will be Changed because of Tinubu.

My brother I like this your analogy.

You claim FCT produced just Two senator while a State produce Three.

So from your illustration above despite helping us in solving the dispute, you still expect The court to nullify The election based on a place that doesn't even have 3 senators?

My brother, rest as you already got your answer.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by TheOldGods: 2:35pm On Jun 05, 2023
lagonovo:

How does that now translate to a situation where individual votes in FCT carry more weight than individual votes in Kebbi, Ekiti, Ebonyi or Bayelsa? That would totally contradict several sections of our constitution relating to equality and discrimination e.g. Section 15, Section 17 and Section 42 to mention a few.
your section is not contradicted, Abuja is not a state. When you read the states in Nigeria you say 36 states and not 37. Abuja has a special place, it's not about the people that voted, but the specialty of the state itself.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by bigibantu: 2:36pm On Jun 05, 2023
datola:

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Kylekent59: 2:36pm On Jun 05, 2023
25% in FTC is a requirement that must be achieved.

It's just like failing Math and English WAEC and passing other subjects.

Also, mathematically, it can be clarified using a closed bracket.

[25% in Abuja]

The rest are open brackets: ( 2/3 of the remaining states)

If INEC wants to Judge, they start with the mandatory requirement which is the 25% in FTC.

Any candidate that fails to get that 25%, automatically fails.

If the whole aspirants fail to get 25% in FTC, then they proceed to the second requirement, which is 2/3 of other states.

INEC failed woefully!!

4 Likes

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Global2000: 2:36pm On Jun 05, 2023
Said by your own justification. WITH full assurance Tinubu didn't win 2/3 of the federation. Time shall tell.

josilcool:

Tinubu did not have 25% in FCT but have it in 2/3 of the federation. He came 1st

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Tareq1105: 2:37pm On Jun 05, 2023
josilcool:

It's Tinubu bcoz FCT is regarded as the 37th state and Nigeria constitution says that the 36 states and FCT are ONE constituency for the purpose of presidential election. see section 299.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Espelbengz(m): 2:37pm On Jun 05, 2023
So ye obidients can be happy, the rest of Nigeria is happy and solidly behind PBAT..
You guys will wail till eternity 😉😂🙏😜

Felabrity:
Thy should disqualify each other and announce Peter Obi as the winner, so Nigerians can be happy
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Vinnie2000(m): 2:39pm On Jun 05, 2023
datola:

Abuja is a MINI NIGERIA.🤔

A Melting point for all Nigerians. E.g. Yorubas, Igbos, Hausa, Tiv, Kanuri, Idoma, Ijaw, Edo, Urhobo, Efik, Kalabari, etc.🙂

A True Presidential Candidate should not FAIL WOEFULLY in such a place
And must get @least 25% of their votes.😕

Unlike OBJ, Goodluck and PMB, Tinubu FAILED WOEFULLY in this instance and depended on Almajiri votes to emerge president. sad

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by TheOldGods: 2:39pm On Jun 05, 2023
lagonovo:

besides which one is section 15, 17. There is nothing like that, under which chapter. No be to come and be confusing people
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Bigchristo: 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2023
N3TRAL:
It's amusing when adults think like kids. To believe that Tinubu will lose in court must be associated with low IQ and emotional intelligence level.

Hope is not enough to stop Tinubu.

The Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court will not cancel the elections or declare another candidate winner.

Stop wasting your resources, keep your house together and fight back in 2027 at the polls.
participating in elections can never give Nigeria the right government we deserve, what this country need is a revolution to sanitize the system then start afresh or possibly split the country into many tranches let every region manage their own side n control their resources

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by selfmade22: 2:42pm On Jun 05, 2023
Does it mean inec is more powerful than PVC
N3TRAL:
It's amusing when adults think like kids. To believe that Tinubu will lose in court must be associated with low IQ and emotional intelligence level.

Hope is not enough to stop Tinubu.

The Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court will not cancel the elections or declare another candidate winner.

Stop wasting your resources, keep your house together and fight back in 2027 at the polls.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Felabrity: 2:42pm On Jun 05, 2023
Espelbengz:
So ye obidients can be happy, the rest of Nigeria is happy and solidly behind PBAT..
You guys will wail till eternity 😉😂

solidly go and queue in filling station 🙏😜

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gov Soludo Transformation Of Fegge Onitsha (photos) / OPINION: DSS Boss Obviously Works For Saraki / AG Dangote Completes Apapa-wharf Concrete Road,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.