Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Is This A Healthy Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This A Healthy Relationship? (792 Views)

Tips On A Healthy Relationship / Dear Ladies, Your Magical Vagina Isn't Enough For A Healthy Relationship / 13 Attitudes To Get Rid Of For A Healthy And Happy Love Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Healthy Relationship? by Letsmeet: 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2023
I'm in my twenties and he's in his mid-thirties, we have been together for about 8 months. When I go to spend a few days with him, we sometimes fight, I try to leave but he suddenly tells me to leave( this happens all the time and he will apologize after that he wants me to stay). The last fight, he made me sleep in the guest room because I didn't open up what made me upset that afternoon and I cried . He has never hurt my physically, but I can't say the same about emotionally because words get to me easily. I feel like someone who can be easily discarded from his life when I have done nothing but add value to his life. I have my own issues, but I do not cheat, I'm homely, I'm independent so I don't need financial assistance from him and I'm quite open handed and contribute equally to the house whenever I'm around. I loan him, he pays back. I think he's a good person but it's always one complaint to another. It could be as petty as me not washing the tiles outside as often as I should when I'm around, me grumbling to start making food because I feel it's too late to cook, me not giving him enough sex for a few days etc.
Am I overreacting? Am I the toxic one? Or am I not doing enough?
Re: Is This A Healthy Relationship? by elipheleh(m): 2:33pm On Jun 05, 2023
Again
Re: Is This A Healthy Relationship? by Wodu89: 2:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
Stop looking for reasons to kill what could have potential. Ever understood why people say just flow... Enjoy the moment and tone down on your insecurities, need for perfection, hunt for red flags etc.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Healthy Relationship? by Brandiebird: 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2023
You playing wifey and provider like you’re dating yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Relationship? by zed7: 3:02pm On Jun 05, 2023
You're already 'playing wife', how can you be taken seriously? You don't have standards and you may likely be used and discarded soon.
Why buy the cow when you can have the milk free? Give yourself some respect.

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Relationship? by fyzaila: 3:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
Just read what you wrote and imagine it's your daughter writing this to you, how will you take it? Are your parent aware you're already illegitimately cohabiting with a man and doing wifey duties without the man paying any kobo on your head as legal marital rules? Imagine the guy getting access to your body free. Is this how a decent, responsible and well disciplined lady should behave?

How can girls of nowadays not just have common sense for crying out loud. Here you're complaining that the man is treating you like trash please how do you want him to treat you? Like treasure? You must be joking! I put it to you that you're just one of his whor£s and in no distant time he is going to discard you like trash.

Just have some respect for yourself please, get out of that place and act rightly.

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Relationship? by Rach310(f): 4:59pm On Jun 05, 2023
He's not the one for you if he was he'll appreciate every of your effort and not make you go through this much stress, he's not married to you yet he stresses you this much,he doesn't respect you dear and I'm not sure you want to be where you're not valued.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Healthy Relationship? by Saintinoo(m): 6:43pm On Jun 05, 2023
Letsmeet:
I'm in my twenties and he's in his mid-thirties, we have been together for about 8 months. When I go to spend a few days with him, we sometimes fight, I try to leave but he suddenly tells me to leave( this happens all the time and he will apologize after that he wants me to stay). The last fight, he made me sleep in the guest room because I didn't open up what made me upset that afternoon and I cried . He has never hurt my physically, but I can't say the same about emotionally because words get to me easily. I feel like someone who can be easily discarded from his life when I have done nothing but add value to his life. I have my own issues, but I do not cheat, I'm homely, I'm independent so I don't need financial assistance from him and I'm quite open handed and contribute equally to the house whenever I'm around. I loan him, he pays back. I think he's a good person but it's always one complaint to another. It could be as petty as me not washing the tiles outside as often as I should when I'm around, me grumbling to start making food because I feel it's too late to cook, me not giving him enough sex for a few days etc.

Not to make you feel bad, check yourself and see if you have these narcissistic disorder, just an advice. You know what to do if you find yourself being a narc. Goodluck, I am talking from experience.
Re: Is This A Healthy Relationship? by vincenteger: 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2023
Someone that's not your husband and yet you play the role of a wife to him.

Is it because of your age that you want to marry him?
Marriage is a life time commitment
If you think/know that things are not working as they should, my dear please leave. It's not too late and they'll never change even after marriage.
Re: Is This A Healthy Relationship? by frozen70(f): 7:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
Letsmeet:

I think the two of you need proper orientation and friendship and courtship

Both of you refuse to understand each other and so you will keep having issues

You are an independent woman and you said you don't need his money, us possible you are not going to be humble to him

He is observant of your attitude and wants to impose authority on you because he knows that you are proving that you can take care of yourself, so why the control

In summary both of you are not fully matured enough to have a relationship and be ready to tolerate each other
Re: Is This A Healthy Relationship? by marlow1962(m): 7:10pm On Jun 05, 2023
Nawa for love o
Re: Is This A Healthy Relationship? by RoadMozart(m): 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
If you keep playing WIFE to him, he will likely not marry you at the end of the day
Re: Is This A Healthy Relationship? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 05, 2023
If my sister write this kind thing wey you write, i fit enter depression

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why Rich Guys Don't Date Women. / Why Do White People Prefer Africans To Caribbeans / Which Of These Quotes Is Your Favorite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.