Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,255 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? (2715 Views)

Man Kills Childhood Friend In Ondo, Steals His Motorcycle, Sells It For ₦130,000 / Refund The Money - Nigerian Lawyer Calls Out Lady For Refusing To Visit A Man / My Nigerian Childhood Friend Killed In South Africa Xenophobic Attack - Oyinbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Emperormartin(m): 9:16pm On Jun 05, 2023
We were childhood friends as we were born and brought up in the same area. University Education took us apart. He joined a frat in his Campus and as story have it during one of their cult initiation process on an inductee a mild drama happened; the new inductee died at the spot.

The parents of the new inductee took the case up and the school authorities rallied and produced the cultists that were involved which my friend was among.

My friend has been incarcerated since 2009 in our state prison though I heard the case is still on awaiting trial; i can't really confirm.

I just have that urge to visit my friend at least for once but I don't know how the outcome will look like.

Any tips from my fellow nairalanders

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Jennie002: 9:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
Touching 🥺

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by solmusdesigns: 9:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
You can go with foodstuffs, provisions, and some cash you buy him recharge cards if he has a phone

14 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by dawnomike(m): 9:20pm On Jun 05, 2023
Emperormartin:
We were childhood friends as we were born and brought up in the same area. University Education took us apart. He joined a frat in his Campus and as story have it during one of their cult initiation process on an inductee a mild drama happened; the new inductee died at the spot.

The parents of the new inductee took the case up and the school authorities rallied and produced the cultists that were involved which my friend was among.

My friend has been incarcerated since 2009 in our state prison though I heard the case is still on awaiting trial; i can't really confirm.

I just have that urge to visit my friend at least for once but I don't know how the outcome will look like.

I love your kind of friend... But please, stay away!!!

If you had visited him in 2019 or 2020, it would hv bn fine
Trust me, you'll lack the right words to say and you don't know how much prison has changed gim after 3yrs. Before you'll seek to squat wuth you after his release someday.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Emperormartin(m): 9:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
dawnomike:

Trust me, you'll lack the right words to say and you don't know how much prison has changed gim after 3yrs. Before you'll seek to squat wuth you after his release someday.
Thanks bro mike for your input.

Many of my close family members have objected my move towards visiting him despite knowing we were true friends back in the days.

I just feel like keeping their advice one side and embark what's on my mind because I now think I'm a man; and can make my decisions.

But something tells me to bring it to general public before embarking...

Thank you once more

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Solsix(m): 9:28pm On Jun 05, 2023
Pls go and visit him. He needs it more than anything. When I visited prisoners, I felt for them.

16 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by DonBenny77(m): 9:42pm On Jun 05, 2023
Go and see him, it's better late than never.
Buy few provisions and keep enough cash to give him.

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by jerk: 9:45pm On Jun 05, 2023
There's nothing wrong in visiting him.

10 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Emperormartin(m): 9:45pm On Jun 05, 2023
solmusdesigns:
You can go with foodstuffs, provisions, and some cash you buy him recharge cards if he has a phone
Thanks
Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Emperormartin(m): 9:45pm On Jun 05, 2023
Solsix:
Pls go and visit him. He needs it more than anything. When I visited prisoners, I felt for them.
Thanks bro

2 Likes

DonBenny77:
Go and see him, it's better late than never.
Buy few provisions and keep enough cash to give him.
Thanks brother
Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Peachy14: 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
Go ahead and visit him, provision and a good educative book.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by HeartlessMan: 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2023
Go with vaseline.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by slimjohn2k5: 10:15pm On Jun 05, 2023
dawnomike:

So if he comes out what will he say to him.
The friend will be bitter
If you want to go, u can go with his family members or close relative

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Emperormartin(m): 10:18pm On Jun 05, 2023
Peachy14:
Go ahead and visit him, provision and a good educative book.
Thanks dear
Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Emperormartin(m): 10:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Go with vaseline.
You mean Vaseline blue seal?

Please throw more light
Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by HeartlessMan: 10:21pm On Jun 05, 2023
Emperormartin:

Please throw more light

Don't worry. Just show him my comment. He knows what to do.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by gidjah(m): 10:33pm On Jun 05, 2023
Get him a bible too if he's a christian, he really messed up,if we dey tell them when they seem to be "on top "every other person looks like a jew or johnny !!just imagine, initiation of what kind especially? I am sure he would have learnt very mightily.He has lost virtually everything that has to do with destiny:TIME /ENERGY /ZEAL etc, imagine he's to be released tomorrow,were is he gonna start from ?BOYS ,PLS STAY AWAY FROM VICES, AND OTHER KINDA OF CRIMES ABEG

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by gidjah(m): 10:39pm On Jun 05, 2023
He is likely a full blown" Cock" now, and most likely beyond redemption (God forbid )because of the kinds of practices he's already gone into for those 10years plus .A year alone in the states no be joke ,talk much of about 10 solid years behind bars!!.him sef go don't loose hope ,as he come across hardened BOILED EGGS coming in and out daily.Only God would be able to redeem him even if he does his time and out

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by kokoA(m): 2:56am On Jun 06, 2023
Sad one..

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 06, 2023
Emperormartin:

Trouble Dey sleep, yanga wan go wake am up grin

I hope you are kidding tho. It seems you don’t want freedom.

Identify with him and be incarcerated too.

Only his lawyer or family members can visit him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by DaddyCoool: 7:04am On Jun 06, 2023
dawnomike:

Emperormartin why didn't you correct this dude that your guy has been in jail since 2009 not 2019?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Bigseven(m): 8:08am On Jun 06, 2023
Emperormartin:

Please throw more light
You know blue seal and you are asking for more light ? cheesy grin 😂

1 Like

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Gyrator: 8:46am On Jun 06, 2023
Emperormartin:

You may be his only saving grace.

Forget what the idiots here are saying.
Go and see your friend.

Your visit will ignite a spark of hope in him towards seeking his release from that dungeon.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Ogeneigbo1: 10:10am On Jun 06, 2023
If I were you, I will rebuke the spirit pushing me to do this.
It's like a sucide mission. You might come out or you might not come out.

I don't know your relationship with this your friend, were you guys in the same cult. Or you were in a rival cult.or a neutral friend which I doubt.

But whatever answer you give to the above question will directly affect the outcome of your mission.

If a case in court is awaiting trial for a long time, it might be that they are looking for more evidence to this case and I hope you will not be that missing link.

I will advise , buy provision and whatever you have ,give them to your friends siblings or lawyer so that they will give him on your behalf.

But if I were you I will cut myself off completely until this case is settled completely.

I also want you to know that I am talking from experience. THERE IS NO FRIEND IN THE JUNGLE.

I will rest my case.

Emperormartin:

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by xangerar: 10:30am On Jun 06, 2023
It is not a big deal, so do not fret. Just do it. Have a little money in the pocket with you though. Depending on the prison where he is, the warders at the entrance and maybe warders who may have shown him some favour may expect you to "shake body" for them. Other inmates may hail you too and you may want to leave a thing behind. It is a community and as you do in his name, he too will reap when other inmates have their own visitors.

It is a solitary place and I consider that one of what those inmates require are those visits, otherwise they feel even among their colleagues as orphans who no one seek out for from time to time. Just last week, I rebuked the wife of one of my clients for not visiting her husband since he went in. It was the man who told me his wife had stayed away and how that has made him look different from others whose wives and relatives visit usually.

Also know that in this state, your friend is most likely to hear your words of wisdom than when he is out, assuming he does. It is a time of quiet, when those who love, may easily mend the minds of their loved ones.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by ghettochild(m): 11:04am On Jun 06, 2023
Emperormartin:

Go visit him...it would really mean alot to him..
Don't let people talk u out of this.
Tomorrow get belle

1 Like

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Emperormartin(m): 12:41pm On Jun 06, 2023
Ogeneigbo1:

If I were you, I will rebuke the spirit pushing me to do this.
It's like a sucide mission. You might come out or you might not come out.

I don't know your relationship with this your friend, were you guys in the same cult. Or you were in a rival cult.or a neutral friend which I doubt.

But whatever answer you give to the above question will directly affect the outcome of your mission.

If a case in court is awaiting trial for a long time, it might be that they are looking for more evidence to this case and I hope you will not be that missing link.

I will advise , buy provision and whatever you have ,give them to your friends siblings or lawyer so that they will give him on your behalf.

But if I were you I will cut myself off completely until this case is settled completely.

I also want you to know that I am talking from experience. THERE IS NO FRIEND IN THE JUNGLE.

I will rest my case.

Hmmm this is deep. Thanks bro

And in addendum, i wasn't a cultist during my University days and even up till now. As I stated above we didn't attend the same University.

But most times I do remember this my friend whenever I'm less busy in my office and almost every weekends.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Emperormartin(m): 12:43pm On Jun 06, 2023
xangerar:
It is not a big deal, so do not fret. Just do it. Have a little money in the pocket with you though. Depending on the prison where he is, the warders at the entrance and maybe warders who may have shown him some favour may expect you to "shake body" for them. Other inmates may hail you too and you may want to leave a thing behind. It is a community and as you do in his name, he too will reap when other inmates have their own visitors.

It is a solitary place and I consider that one of what those inmates require are those visits, otherwise they feel even among their colleagues as orphans who no one seek out for from time to time. Just last week, I rebuked the wife of one of my clients for not visiting her husband since he went in. It was the man who told me his wife had stayed away and how that has made him look different from others whose wives and relatives visit usually.

Also know that in this state, your friend is most likely to hear your words of wisdom than when he is out, assuming he does. It is a time of quiet, when those who love, may easily mend the minds of their loved ones.
Thanks big bro

1 Like

Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Ogeneigbo1: 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2023
It's Okay,bro.

If your spirit is strong about it, you can go.
Like I said,be careful when you go.
You can go along with the family and lawyer anytime they want to visit him.

But if it's me I will extend my love through his siblings.

Once bitten Twice Shy ,they say.

Good luck,bro.

Emperormartin:

Hmmm this is deep. Thanks bro

And in addendum, i wasn't a cultist during my University days and even up till now. As I stated above we didn't attend the same University.

But most times I do remember this my friend whenever I'm less busy in my office and almost every weekends.
Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Emperormartin(m): 1:16pm On Jun 06, 2023
Ogeneigbo1:
It's Okay,bro.

If your spirit is strong about it, you can go.
Like I said,be careful when you go.
You can go along with the family and lawyer anytime they want to visit him.

But if it's me I will extend my love through his siblings.

Once bitten Twice Shy ,they say.

Good luck,bro.

Gracias.
It's because of people like you that have first hand experience i opened this thread.
Thanks immensely
Re: I Want To Visit A Childhood Friend In Prison. Any Tips? by Lilfemzie(m): 4:35pm On Jun 06, 2023
Most of the people up there asking you not to visit him have never visited anyone in prison, they're just talking from hearsays. Go ahead and visit him. @xangerar has already said everything you need to know about prison visits. Trust me after this visit, you'll be tempted to always visit prisons or better still send a hand to those locked up behind bars every now and then...not necessarily your friend alone...I been there before...when I'm eventually stable, charity towards prisoners is one thing I want to do sooo baddd

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

16 Years Old Girl Has Abortion 4 Times / One Of Armed Robbers Disturbing Ogun State Caught, Blood Soaked. VIDEO / Herdsman Shot Dead for Kidnapping Tipper Driver in Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.