Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,500 members, 7,812,543 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 (815 Views)

Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad / 9 Ex-Public Officers Forfeit Over N100 Billion To FG / Udom Emmanuel, Pastor Kumuyi At Deeper Life Crusade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22am On Jun 06, 2023
What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82

Full Article

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by FairlyUSEDpussy: 1:36am On Jun 06, 2023
Wow ......

Baba is really ageing graceful indeed........

Even at 82.......he wud hold mic standing firmly with no shaky hands to preach for hours...........
Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:54am On Jun 06, 2023
What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82

By Banji Ojewale

THE international journalist, Baffour Ankomah of Ghana, is reported to have recorded the lengthiest interview session with Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi, General Superintendent of Deeper Christian Life Ministry, DCLM. As editor of the London-based New African monthly magazine, Ankomah ran voluminous portions of his encounter with the revered Nigerian churchman in October 2006, revealing more than a treasure trove of the life and times of Kumuyi.

The Ghanaian newsman said what he served the public, old and new takes on Kumuyi, was bereft of the trappings you witness between the intrusive reporter and his evasive newsmaker, between a predator and his potential prey, or between a dispassionate journalist and an equally disinterested figure. The reporter was intentional in his bid to secure an uncommon interview with an uncommon man. He got it, but at a price: he travelled with Kumuyi across West Africa, following and studying the man of God as he preached to hundreds of thousands of the poor and enthusiastic folk who wanted to benefit from his prayers and messages of salvation, hope, restoration, healing and deliverance.

I believe Ankomah desired an archival (historic) product (interview) to emerge from his peregrinations with Kumuyi, which he grabbed, because to date, there are few journalistic publications, if there are at all, that have captured a near-bubbly picture of the clergyman and his evangelistic work. The work is more than a reflection of the activities of Deeper Life Bible Church and its founder, leaders and members. Naturally, you can’t labour on an enterprise like this without profusely addressing the person of Kumuyi, his background, his associates and his followers.

Related News
Kumuyi’s crusade'll address personal, national problems — Deeper Life
Lessons from Kumuyi’s global crusades
The church and challenges of a nation

But of what use are your literary travails over a great public figure if they don't, ultimately, push for an agenda to transform lives and change society, if they don't teach that those who read of the greatness of the subject should be inspired to be like him or her? Why do we go to extreme ends to write (auto)biographies, if the goal isn’t to build a better society through the emulation of the eminent lives of these citizens?

Writings aren't for the pleasure of their creators; they are for society to gobble and gain from. They're out of the writer's control once they escape from his fingers. The consumer takes over for good or bad. His takeaway decides the impact of the book or publication (or broadcast).

In the case of the Ghanaian editor, his takeout came at the close of his long introduction to the interview with Kumuyi. He wrote: ‘’Pastor Kumuyi…has positioned himself, and run his life in such a dignified manner…As such he wins respect everywhere he goes. Church leaders are rarely held in such high esteem. The irony is that he is such a humble man you would never think he is the one so regarded…by national leaders. His humility, in fact, is quite disarming!

His selflessness, too, means that he draws no salary for the work he does, even though some of his junior pastors who are full-time (ministers) are paid for their service… Pastor Kumuyi does not touch money…The church takes care of his upkeep…In a way, Pastor Kumuyi reminds me of Ghana’s first president, Kwame Nkrumah. Like Nkrumah, Kumuyi has no property to his name, even though he is the leader of a mammoth organisation…What a challenge!"

There are apposite lessons. First, when we examine Kumuyi, we must be less awed by the superstructure of the Church God used him to found. We must focus more on the integrity, incorruptibility and inflexibility that have been his driving precepts as a servant of God and leader of men. Otherwise, we shall unwittingly pigeonhole the man with those who also have created mega Christian assemblies without the critical attendant moral undercurrents.

Secondly, Kumuyi's pact with God dictates his relationship with man and everything associated with this world. In that case, he disavows the material in order to bow to the spiritual. Number 3: Kumuyi has developed a backbone that stands him from the crowd; once he has taken a decision he believes is Biblical and not dissonant with the prescribed righteousness of Heaven. His sing-song is, Others may I cannot.

All those who have met the man never fail to observe these traits. Those who haven’t met him but do write on him from secondary sources or by watching (or listening to) him preach can't also escape a whiff of these attributes. But, as I said earlier of great personalities, our reflections on them are not to be caged in books; they must project into our lives.

That’s when our heroes and heroines would be fulfilled that when they pass on, their outstanding deeds wouldn't pass on as well. We would have taken the baton from them for the race to continue towards a goal for the improvement of mankind.

At a time Nigeria is witnessing a new crop of persons at the helm and with promises of a new beginning, I invite our public office holders and the political class into the world of Pastor Kumuyi. Overseeing that world is a God Who loathes leaders who are not servants of the led. He desires leaders who wouldn't be leeches. This God wants Spartan helmsmen whose practical discipline would infect the entire citizenry.

Many today are overwhelmed by the gigantic strides of Deeper Christian Life Ministry which started 50 years ago in August 1973 with only 15 persons. The resplendent spectacle they behold refers them to Kumuyi, the man at the root of the whole story.

But he in turn reroutes his stunned admirers to the Great Originator of what is petrifying them. Kumuyi tells them that they must rather adore the God Who gave him the gifts he has deployed over the decades to get the Church to this blazing height.

What we gather from Pastor Kumuyi, then, as we mark his 82nd birthday on June 6, 2023, is simply that the God Who gave him First Class in Mathematics at the University of Ibadan, Who made him learn at the feet of an unyielding atheist without becoming an atheist, Who is still giving His servant in his advanced age grand evangelism strategies such as the current revolutionary brand, Global Crusade with Kumuyi, GCK, will heartily offer our policy makers exceedingly more endowments to govern selflessly if they also embrace His laws and fear Him as Kumuyi has done.

Happy Birthday, Beloved Shepherd!

Ojewale is a writer in Ota, Ogun State

Full Article

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by helinues: 8:57am On Jun 06, 2023
Toh
Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:58am On Jun 06, 2023

1 Like

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:11am On Jun 06, 2023
MY FATHER IN THE LORD AT 82

A very happy and joyful birthday to my father in the Lord, PASTOR W F KUMUYI

Words fail me to really pass across how I feel today Baami. I can only pray for you as I always do:

God bless you, keep you, make His face shine brightly upon you and give you His peace that passes all understanding and His joy unspeakable and full of glory. Good health unending your portion today and always.

Thy shoes shall be iron and brass; and as thy days, so shall thy strength be (Deuteronomy 33:25)

The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath you are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them (vs 27) Yes, your enemies, those who are incensed against you, those who are not happy about the exploits of GCK, are fallen and failed for your sake.

May God keep our Mummy, mother of multitude, and we, your countless children, both biological and spiritual safe and strong. You will always hear good news about, and see good results from us.

My father, may you finish well and strong, and have fulfilment in life and ministry. Your reward awaits you in heaven when you are done here. Nothing will deny you of this in Jesus name 🙏🏾🧎🙌

#PastorKumuyiat82
#Kumuyiat82
#celebratinggodsfaithfulness
#thankfulhearts
#KemisolaOmoyiolaCares (06 06 2023)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:22am On Jun 06, 2023
Founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry and Pastor, Deeper Life Bible Church, Gbagada, Lagos.

We are not ignorant of the scriptures today:

Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: WHOSE FAITH FOLLOW, considering the end of their conversation.

Hebrews 13:7
Sir, it might not be your style but we choose to remember you today especially as it is another landmark in your life.

We thank God for sending you with the message you propagate from scriptures and we are glad to draw from it daily.
Thank you Daddy Kumuyi for standing sure and steadfast.
Thank you for the message of Holiness.
Thank you for being an instrument of revival in the hands of God.

We have known you for just one thing for about 50 years; the message of reconciliation with the Father.
We pray God continues to guide and keep you with long life, health, strength, wisdom and every other desire of your heart.
May you continue to age with grace like the cedar in Lebanon.

Happy Birthday Sir and congratulations in Jesus name.

Brethren, let's say a word of prayer for him Today_ PASTOR W F KUMUYI

1 Like

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:28am On Jun 06, 2023
John Onifade Art wishes our own father in the Lord:

Truly, it's been 82 solid years of God's faithfulness,
But also for Baba this year,
It has been;

Fifty years of accepting and advancing God's call to herald the essence and beauty of His holiness,
Fifty years of beaming forth God's holy life-light,
Fifty years of being a beacon of divine light to a generation,
Fifty years of consistently taking the forefront for the faith of the patriarchs,
Fifty years of contending earnestly for the faith once delivered unto the saints,
Fifty years of defending the faith,
Fifty years of exemplifying the holy beauty of integrity in ministry,
Fifty years of lifting the banner of God's holy standards,
Fifty years of manifesting the power in purity,
Fifty years of taking an uncompromising stand for the divinely revealed truth,
Fifty years of teaching the whole truth of God's word,
Fifty years of taking giant strides of faith for the gospel's sake,
Fifty years of consistently putting in all efforts to achieve heaven's goal,

A golden jubilee of signs and wonders, divinity manifested through humanity.
I join dclmhq and the body of Christ at large to celebrate a worthy father to me and many.

As your years increase, your wholesome strength increases, your anointing increases, and your divine impact keeps extending across borders in Jesus name. Age gracefully Baba.

#pastorkumuyiat82
#Kumuyiat82
#thankfulhearts

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:32am On Jun 06, 2023
Otugo Emmanuel wishes our father in the Lord a very happy birthday:

PASTOR W F KUMUYI
#PastorKumuyiat82
#Kumuyiat82
#thankfulhearts

Source

1 Like

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:37am On Jun 06, 2023
BIRTHDAY WISHES FOR OUR FATHER IN THE LORD FROM PIONEERS OF 82-HOUR PRAYER CHAIN

We have no better way to celebrate you our Father,
A Defender of the Faith,
A Definition of true humility,
An Icon of holiness,

You taught us from our Mothers womb now we are basking in all your Labours, 5-fold ministry in one man.
Thank you Daddy, We Love you, Daddy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM US DADDY, WE LOVE YOU❤️❤️❤️

Me: God bless you brothers, you really did well. God will reward you for all your labours of love.
You honoured the man of God, you too will be honoured in Jesus name 🙏🏾

PASTOR W F KUMUYI

#PastorKumuyiat82
#Kumuyiat82
#thankfulhearts

1 Like

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:42am On Jun 06, 2023
A POEM DEDICATED TO OUR FATHER, MENTOR AND TEACHER ✨ (by T. P. Adenigba)

A man of vision and passion
Which drove him into compassion

And love for men's souls
Held in Satan's control.

A man with no fear or timidity
For any who dwells in cruelty or rigidity,

But will boldly speak the truth
Both to the adult and the youth.

A man who has dedicated his life
Into daily battle and strife

With the powers of darkness
Holding men in vileness.

A man with no emphasis but purity —
For without it is no eternity

For any who longs to see His face
At the end of his race.

A man with revival fire
Born out of unquenchable desire

To see the exaltation of His Master's name
Amidst the world driven by pride and fame.

He's a man of God
With the sceptre and the rod

Of the Word that's able to guide
The blind world back to God's side.

82 looks great on you, Daddy. Happy Birthday. 🥰💫✨♥️

PASTOR W F KUMUYI

#PastorKumuyiat82
#Kumuyiat82
#thankfulhearts

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:45am On Jun 06, 2023
Godswill Andrew Uduigwomen from Calabar Region wishes our father in the Lord a very happy birthday:

"My prayer for my Father is that God strengthens him physically and in every ramification, may the oil of Grace upon him never run dry, and may God cause him to experience magnificent feats of God through his ministry in Jesus name, Amen🙏🏾"

#PastorKumuyiat82
#Kumuyiat82
#thankfulhearts

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:48am On Jun 06, 2023
He's a ;

W- /Worldwide Evangelist
F- Father to Many
K- Kingdom reliable asset
U- Unique Teacher of the word
M- Man of honour and humility
U- Uncomprising preacher of holiness
Y- Yielded generational impact
I- Impeccable example to all

Happy 82nd birthday My father and mentor
Pst. Dr. W.F Kumuyi😌🙇

May the kingdom continue to advance in your hands🙏🙇
Designed by: Majesty Designs

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:52am On Jun 06, 2023
Testimony Tanimowo sent in this to wish our father in the Lord a very happy birthday:

As I succeed, you will succeed.
As I make progress, you will make progress.
Everywhere I get to, you will go there!
Praise the Lord!
Somebody there, I said Praise the Lord!
Total Freedom! Complete freedom!
Somebody shout FREEDOM!
It's coming your way today in Jesus name!
His life is definitely a BOOK before our eyes, we're reading it through and through.
Happy birthday to the Holiness Octogenarian.
Testimony Man Of Grace, Loves you🥰

#PastorKumuyiat82
#Kumuyiat82
#thankfulhearts

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:03am On Jun 06, 2023
This is evergreen. To be shared year after year because they summarize facts that we all can attest to.
Credit: Emmanuel Olujobi

#PastorKumuyiat82
#Kumuyiat82
#thankfulhearts

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29am On Jun 06, 2023
Celebrating an Icon of Faith.

Daddy, may you continue to grow from strength to strength, more anointing for service, more grace for the journey, more vision for the task, more courage for the battle, more celebrations for the victory.

— with Deeperlife Trinidadtobago and
6 others

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:34am On Jun 06, 2023
Bro Jude of Global Impact Media TV SULEJA REGION celebrates the grace of God upon our Faithese PST. DR. W.F KUMUYI on his 82 Birthday.

W- winsome and wise builder
F- Faithful and fervent
K- kindhearted father
U- unwavering and uncompromising in faith
M- mighty man of valour
U- Unique and undiluted gospel amplifier
Y- yielded and yearning for God's glory
I-irresistible, Insurmountable, indomitable international intellectual influencer.

Indeed, you have influenced the global world.
Your impact is so heavy
You are the man among many
You are the man among men
You are the kingdom general
You are the defender of the gospel in our generation.

"Praise the Lord!"

May God continually equip you to go higher and higher

"Let the church says amen"

Me: Amen and Amen 🙏🏾

#PastorKumuyiat82
#Kumuyiat82
#thankfulhearts

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by pandoragirigory: 10:35am On Jun 06, 2023
Pastor Kumuyi is a man of unparalleled grace and unlimited favour and wisdom, despite he had no ties with the government, criminals and thieves in the government, corrupt rich people and other dubious rich people, he is still going strong and forging ahead, he doesn't compromise like other so called pastors who allowed dogs and goats in the churches all because of money , pastor Kumuyi reject money of sinners and required their souls for Christ.

1 Like

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:40am On Jun 06, 2023
All Glory be unto God 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌
WILLIAM F. KUMUYI @ 82💃🏼🕺🎂🍾🥂 (by Akinola Oluwaseyi)

W= Winner Of Souls
I= Intercessor Of Our Time
L= Lover Of Christ
L= Life Of Holiness
I= Interpreter Of God's Word
A= Anointed From Heaven
M= Man Of God.
F= Founder of the True Gospel Church(Deeper Life)
My Prayer For Him This Day Is That God Will Continue To:
K= Keep Him
U= Uphold Him
M= Make Him Stronger
U= Unleash More Grace Upon Him
Y= Yank Death Far From Him
I= Increase His Wisdom And Knowledge Of God's Word In His Life.
May Almighty God Continue To Sustain You Daddy, Heaven at Last in Jesus Name.🙏🏼

PASTOR W F KUMUYI

#PastorKumuyiat82
#Kumuyiat82
#thankfulhearts

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:46am On Jun 06, 2023
WE LOVE THIS MAN OF GOD
PASTOR W F KUMUYI turned 82yesrs today June 6th,2023.

He graduated with a first class degree in mathematics from the University of Ibadan, Ibadan.

Before he founded Deeper Life Bible Church, Pastor Kumuyi was a lecturer in the University of Lagos, who rose to the level of a professor.

Pastor Kumuyi preaches to approximately 400,000 worshippers weekly at the Deeper Life Headquarters Lagos.

Deeper Life Bible Church, his ministry is the third largest church today.
Pastor W. F Kumuyi is a father of faith, a preacher of holiness, righteous living and sanctification.
Happy 81th Birthday to a preacher of the undiluted word of God.

YOU ARE A BLESSING DADDY

We love Dear Minster Sir, graceful and glorious years ahead upon you Sir.

Let celebrate our Papa.

#PastorWFKumuyi
#Birthday_celebration

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:49am On Jun 06, 2023
Trending on Facebook and all social media platforms
##WFK82
#PastorKumuyiat82
A word of prayer for him 🙏🙏

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:53am On Jun 06, 2023
Happy 82 years birthday🎈🎈 to the daddy of all people

A MAN WITH UNCOMMON STRENGTH AND GRACE
A MAN WITH AN UNCOMMON GOAL
PASTOR W F KUMUYI
THE MAN WHO NEVER COMPROMISE HIS FAITH
THE PREACHER OF HOLINESS
GOD GENERAL
KINGDOM HERITAGE
ORACLE OF GOD'S MOUTH PIECE
THE MOSES OF OUR GENERATION
PREACHER AND TESTAMENT OF JESUS
OUR MENTOR
A MAN WHO HIS MAIN GOAL IS TO TARGET MORE THAN ONE BILLIONS SOUL FOR CHRIST
DADDY AS YOU ARE GROWING OLDER YOU ARE HAVING MORE DESIRE TO PREACH THE GOSPEL
THANK YOU DADDY KUMUYI FOR STANDING SURE AND STEADFAST
THANK YOU FOR THE MESSAGE OF HOLINESS
THANK YOU FOR BEING AN INSTRUMENT OF REVIVAL IN THE HAND OF GOD
THANK YOU I HAVE KNOW YOU,FOR JUST ONE THING, YOU HAVE BEEN THE PREACHING THE MESSAGE OF RECONCILIATION FOR ABOUT 50 YEARS
I PRAY GOD CONTINUES TO GUIDE AND KEEP YOU WITH LONG LIFE,FAITH STRENGTH,WISDOM AND GIVE YOU HEART DESIRE
I PRAY YOUR LABOUR OVER US WON'T BE IN VAIN
THE LORD WILL STRENGTHENED YOU
THE LORD WILL USE YOU TO WROUGHT MIRACLES,SIGNS AND WONDERS AND AS YOU GROW OLDER SO SHALL YOUR STRENGTH BE.
A WORD OF PRAYER TO OUR FATHER IN THE LORD👏👏👏

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:20am On Jun 06, 2023
Papa ❤️ 82 years young!

Happy birthday Sir.

- Dunsin

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:24am On Jun 06, 2023
I celebrate you again and again Daddy

It's a privilege knowing you

It's a privilege associating with this vision

Your strength is renewed in Jesus name

More Kingdom Assignment to do for God

Happy 82nd Birthday sir

Prem Film Productions

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:32am On Jun 06, 2023
Etta Graphix is celebrating with God's General from DLBC DUBAI, UAE:

"Thank you for your concern over our spiritual life. You are an exemplary and visionary church leader who has dedicated his life to planting churches all over the world and winning more souls into the kingdom of God.

"As you celebrate your special day, may the Lord shower you with more grace and blessings".

PASTOR W F KUMUYI
#PastorKumuyiat82
#Kumuyiat82
#thankfulhearts

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:34am On Jun 06, 2023
Etta Graphix is celebrating with God's General from DLBC DUBAI, UAE:

"Thank you for your concern over our spiritual life. You are an exemplary and visionary church leader who has dedicated his life to planting churches all over the world and winning more souls into the kingdom of God.

"As you celebrate your special day, may the Lord shower you with more grace and blessings".

PASTOR W F KUMUYI #PastorKumuyiat82 #Kumuyiat82 #celebratinggodsfaithfulness #thankfulhearts #KemisolaOmoyiolaCares (06 06 2023)

Source

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49am On Jun 06, 2023
According to his Testimony at the Monday Bible Study yesterday 5th June, he got converted 1964, which is 59years ago and God has being Faithful till now.

In light with his birthday anniversary, the church Deeper Life is celebrating 50years anniversary of God's faithfulness, that is, 1973-2023.
It's about Biggest Daddy's Birthday who is 82years old today.

Pst. Dr W. F. Kumuyi

Wish him well 🙏

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:53am On Jun 06, 2023
HAPPY 82ND BIRTHDAY PASTOR WILLIAMS FOLORUNSO KUMUYI
Founder and General Superintendent, Deeper Life Bible Church.

We celebrate a father of the faith, a leading light in the body of Christ, a teacher of the word without guile, a conduit of jaw dropping miracles, a man who is a graphic expression of Jesus in a suit and one of God’s generals for these last days.

We celebrate your contribution to the Body of Christ. Your raw portrayal of the Caleb order of strength on the go for Jesus and the interests of His kingdom at 82 just like you are 21, inspires us. Thank you for being a standard in purity and holiness. Your teachings have impacted the entire Body of Christ. We join our voices to that of the millions your life is impacting all over the world to wish you a very happy birthday celebration.

We thank God for keeping you for the past eight decades. We pray that your strength greatly increases as your days. May you continually be an expression of the goodness and mercy of God.

May the blessings of the Lord greatly abound in every area of life. May you reap the fruits of commendable service to God. We pray that it gets better and better for you.

God will perfect all that concerns you and may greater exploits be done through your hands in this season. God bless you sir.
We all at Kingdom Affairs wish you a happy birthday celebration sir.

#PastorWFKumuyi
#OctagenerianOnFire
#BirthdayCelebration
#DepperLifeBibleChurch
#KingdomAffairs

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:00pm On Jun 06, 2023
Happy Birthday Sir
Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00pm On Jun 06, 2023
HE GAVE THE INVITATION TO MEET CHRIST AND I ACCEPTED: I'M SO GLAD I DID
~ By Gideon Dogara Guru-Dam

I was born and brought up in a committed Christian family, a Pastor father and Women leader mother.
I knew the bible because it was taught to us everyday in the house and in all church weekly activities, yet there was no real and personal connection with Christ, it was just a mere normal Christian lifestyle.

After my secondary School graduation in 2008, I attended the 2008 National December Retreat at Government Secondary School Gwarimpa, Abuja, tagged "COME AND DISCOVER UNLIMITED RICHES AND HIDDEN TREASURE IN CHRIST". I attended just for attending sake and so I won't have to lie if asked about attending the retreat by my pastor father if I visited him in the village after the retreat.

Pastor (Dr) Kumuyi mounted the pulpit for the first message of the retreat during the Revival Session, I listened and jotted with rapt attention and at the end he made the altar call and I got the courage shaking off shame and fear to reach out to Christ for His hidden treasure.
Pastor (Dr) Kumuyi led us in prayers and gave us full assurance that God has forgiven all our sin because I was a very stubborn boy then, hence my parent had to ensure I gained admission into the boarding house for my Senior Secondary School.

After the altar call, I felt the relief of a burden and clear flushing and cleaning of my sinful soul. Since then, life has never remained the same. My mother that couldn't call my attention before or dare speak to me harshly witnessed the full touch of Christ in me after the retreat. I became her favourite, going to errands for her, sweeping and mopping the house floor, pounding and cooking for the house.

My whole life was touched and transformed, I cannot tell fully my spiritual life story without the mention of Pastor (Dr) W.F. Kumuyi because that day was the best in my life.

I thank him for giving to the Lord, am so glad that he gave.

As he clocks 82 years today, I pray for him:

¶ Strength like Moses,
¶ Age like Methuselah,
¶ Anointing like Elijah,
¶ Faith like Abraham,
¶ Health like Isaac,
¶ Long-suffering like Job,
¶ Commitment for the father's work like Jesus till the day he will be called home for honour and reward with golden shining stars in his Crown in Jesus name.

Happy Birthday PASTOR W F KUMUYI

#K - Knowledge Loaded
#U - Unstoppable force
#M - Manifestation of God's glory
#U - Undiluted preacher of the word.
#Y - Yielded soul for Christ
#I - Incorruptible icon.

Me: Hundreds of thousands can tell this same story, maybe a little differently, but eventually with the same result: Genuine Salvation. Only heaven can reward our selfless father, and he will get there and get his full reward in Jesus name 🙏🏾

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:03pm On Jun 06, 2023
Let's celebrate our father in the Lord, Pst. Dr. W.F Kumuyi @82. One of the pillars of the gospel in Nigeria and all over the world. We pray for enough grace and strength to partner with the Lord in reconciling the lost to the Lord.

May the Lord keep you alive till His return. Amen.

Happy birthday to you papa🥳🎉😊

#kumuyiat82
#pastorkumuyiat82
#pastorwfkumuyi #pastorkumuyiat82
#pastorkumuyiofficial
#pastorkumuyiat82
#pastorwfkumuyibirthday
#kumuyibirthday
#happybirthdaykumuyi
#pastorkumuyibirthday
#daddykumuyiat82
#pastorwfkumuyiat82

Re: What Public Officers Can Learn From Kumuyi At 82 by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:09pm On Jun 06, 2023
Founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry and Pastor, Deeper Life Bible Church, Gbagada, Lagos.

We are not ignorant of the scriptures today:
Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: WHOSE FAITH FOLLOW, considering the end of their conversation.

Hebrews 13:7
Sir, it might not be your style but we choose to remember you today especially as it is another landmark in your life.
We thank God for sending you with the message you propagate from scriptures and we are glad to draw from it daily.
Thank you Daddy Kumuyi for standing sure and steadfast.
Thank you for the message of Holiness.

Thank you for being an instrument of revival in the hands of God.
We have known you for just one thing for about 50 years; the message of reconciliation with the Father.
We pray God continues to guide and keep you with long life, health, strength, wisdom and every other desire of your heart.
May you continue to age with grace like the cedar in Lebanon.
Happy Birthday Sir and congratulations in Jesus name.

Brethren, let's say a word of prayer for him Today_ PASTOR W F KUMUYI

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanni Abacha Fought Coup In Sierra Leon With 5000 Troops / Restructuring: Yoruba Monarchs Call For Implementation Of 2014 Confab / Why Did Buhari Leave Emefiele In Office For Eight Solid Years?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.