Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,951 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment (40230 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians That Money Couldn't Blow / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) / Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by meedoLock(m): 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2023
What about Chinko Ekun

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by SALIMAN(m): 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
Chai , was that the best picture u could get on the Internet for Duncan mighty .. he is my favourite port Harcourt first son

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by victorazyvictor(m): 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
Plz remove Psquare from that list, they've seized their moments.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by sylve11: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2023
@op, remove Psquare from your list, na beg I dey. embarassed cool

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by phemmyfour: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2023
post=125807575:
PSQUARE should not be on that list.

There are over a dozen of other musicians
(listed below) that are supposed to be here,
Definitely not Peter and Paul.

Below are the names of some musicians that should have replaced the ejima in that list
They couldn't find their form like hazard.

They deserved to be no 1 on the list....
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by MurderX: 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
Yoruba Analysis
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by phemmyfour: 2:40pm On Sep 15, 2023
KiNg0G:
I'm not here to criticize anyone, but as a music lover and a pro analyst, we all know opportunities come in different forms.

Here is my top 5 countdown to musicians who couldn't seize that moment when it was needed the most!!

5) Ice Prince Zamani

It's okay to say you don't want to rap any more. It's okay to tell a girl you like her waste in particular, but what happens from there? We all thought this is it, zamani is back when he did that song with nasty c, jidenna and co, but dude just couldn't seize that moment and revive his career. Instead, he went down the more.

4) PSQUARE

The duo broke up due to a family dispute and later reunited to make a comeback in the Nigerian entertainment industry. We all thought they were coming back, harder due to the hype of their shows and reunion fans were happy waiting for their next banger. But like I said, 2021 on a topic that made fp that it was too late for them which I got criticized by so many people calling me names I'm not Gos but it turns out I was right. Psquare couldn't seize the moment of their reunion to make a huge comeback and now we can hardly hear of them.

3) Victor Ad

If you nor get money wetin you gain o! The Wetin you gain crooner who came out with that single few years ago was an inspiration to the youth especially yahoo boys who wants to drive benz and live lavida loca lifestyle. The song blew all over Africa that he was featured by obo davido the next week. Victor ad really didn't take his chances as much as I thought he would. I mean, come on take a look at Asake, he came with just a song and started bombarding the entertainment industry with several new songs topping chart's here and there and now he has made an imprint and wont be easily forgotten.

2) Duncan mighty

The port Harcourt first son did messed up his chances of reviving his career when he featured wizkid on fake love. That was a huge opportunity to make it back to the entertainment industry. Everyone was happy he was back.. weneee mighty don show hoping to hear more vibes with his melodious voice and, matured tunes, but he disappointed so many fans.

1) Black face

If I was black face all this years of convincing people that my friend stole my song and made it his. I would have written another song and make a huge comeback. Black face was one musician that had Nigerian sympathy for what 2face did to him till today, all he needed was just ONE GOOD SONG to make it to the mainstream and he's back on track grabbing awards and accolades.
I remembered when psquare came back, I told people that it ll never be like before. The vacuum left was filled by the young and dedicated artists.
Music fans have moved on. They now rely on shows, no new project, no award
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Acidosis(m): 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2023
All these GenZ bloggers sef...

PSquare and Duncan Mighty?

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Chasito(m): 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2023
What of Viktoh??

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Mattkid: 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2023
Wait oooo..........which year was this op born?....... psquare of all people?......abi u smoke weed before writing dis nonsense...... psquare dat gave us hits back to back?....... omor u spoil dis ur list by putting psquare..... psquare way success choke Dem during their prime.......they held it down for years bro.....if psquare no drop song dat Christmas no day sweet

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Angelfrost(m): 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hillarie:

Niall Horan should also make an exception.

Yeah... You are right.

Niall has had some moderate success, especially with his debut album (Flicker), but certainly not up to the level of Zayn and Harry.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Ay04z(m): 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2023
post=125807587:
Below is our own Top 12 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment

Korede Bello.
Chidinma..
Timi Dakolo.
Jesse Jagz.
Solid star.
Darey.
Lil' Kesh.
Eva Alordiah.
Sean Tizzle.
Sauce Kid.
Waje
Cynthia Morgan....

We hope they bounce back one of these day though,
Every dog has its day.

We Rise.
Chidinma don become full gospel.... I maybe wrong sha
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by OriOko88(m): 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2023
MurderX:
Yoruba Analysis
If dem com after u Now u go dey shout tribalism. Na every matter una dey view with tribal lenses
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Numerouno94(m): 3:14pm On Sep 15, 2023
Franzinni:
Nothing destroys an artist more than to unblow, to reach Men-O- Pause in the limelight becasue people will always delight in ridiculing you. You become a has been, and you will have no choice than to come down to earth and move among mortals once again but this time you will be recognized anywhere you go as a topic in hair salons and bars.

Op you didn't add
Eva alordia
Solid star
Cynthia morgan (pure talent)

At least they had SUBSTANCEial progress

Eva Alordia the rap goddess. She was my favorite female rapper.
Cynthia Morgan the phenomenal lady. Can't explain wat happened to her.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Numerouno94(m): 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2023
post=125807587:

Korede Bello.
Chidinma..
Timi Dakolo.
Jesse Jagz.
Solid star.
Darey.
Lil' Kesh.
Eva Alordiah.
Sean Tizzle.
Sauce Kid.
Waje
Cynthia Morgan....

Every dog has its day.

We Rise.

Nice list manna, buh don't u tink Dakolo has actually done well for himself ?

And as for Darey Alade, I tinks he does music on a part time level, and his kind of music is not really appreciated in this part of the world, Nigerians love party jams and noise. If Darey were to b based in the US, that guy would have bn an RnB legend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by workchopNG: 3:20pm On Sep 15, 2023
Olu Maintain
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by tuzle(m): 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
spy24:
I won't put psquare on that list, cause the hype that comes with music decreases with age... Music career has a very short life span. It is tied with age..

People like tuface, timaya, psquare should even be applauded for still remaining relevant for over many years now.

If you think say e easy, ask olamide, phyno, falz, runtown, ricardo banks, Lol kesh, dbanj, Cynthia Morgan,
olamide shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence with the remaining on ur list. Olamide is a legend thou I don't listen that much to his music

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by GmoreG: 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2023
Na Grace# grin
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Slynation(m): 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
Memphis357:
The current generation of artists all around the world na thrash, Nigerian artists included. With the exception of The Weeknd and J.Cole.
Nobody is stopping you from becoming the next 2pac, weekend or J.cole...if e easy enter studio naw...!! It is very easy to criticize from the window...!!

You go just open mouth dey yarn dust...!!! 🙄🙄 A Memphis for a reason!!!

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Dedeity: 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2023
LaSenior:
Psquare how
The Op is high on meth
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by shantti(m): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
Fela should be on that list too if psquare should be there
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by fineberry(m): 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2023
Op abeg psquare should not be in that list
Even ice Prince dude just drop one dope track of recent na....are you not aware, mad video to top it.

Music no easy,
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Akuruoulo(m): 4:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
post=125807587:

Korede Bello.
Chidinma..
Timi Dakolo.
Jesse Jagz.
Solid star.
Darey.
Lil' Kesh.
Eva Alordiah.
Sean Tizzle.
Sauce Kid.
Waje
Cynthia Morgan....

Every dog has its day.

We Rise.
Lil kesh is still banging it now
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by WowSweetGuy(m): 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2023
PSquare na ur mate?! Take time
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by amah4game: 4:54pm On Sep 15, 2023
In this life, which ever way you look at it,fingers ain't equal, there path through life is not the same. If they were living worst than how they were before getting known on the stage, that is when you ask what happened, even then as long as they are alive and kicking ... Life goes on. I bet you the poster never reach your all life's targets
KiNg0G:
I'm not here to criticize anyone, but as a music lover and a pro analyst, we all know opportunities come in different forms.

Here is my top 5 countdown to musicians who couldn't seize that moment when it was needed the most!!

5) Ice Prince Zamani

It's okay to say you don't want to rap any more. It's okay to tell a girl you like her waste in particular, but what happens from there? We all thought this is it, zamani is back when he did that song with nasty c, jidenna and co, but dude just couldn't seize that moment and revive his career. Instead, he went down the more.

4) PSQUARE

The duo broke up due to a family dispute and later reunited to make a comeback in the Nigerian entertainment industry. We all thought they were coming back, harder due to the hype of their shows and reunion fans were happy waiting for their next banger. But like I said, 2021 on a topic that made fp that it was too late for them which I got criticized by so many people calling me names I'm not Gos but it turns out I was right. Psquare couldn't seize the moment of their reunion to make a huge comeback and now we can hardly hear of them.

3) Victor Ad

If you nor get money wetin you gain o! The Wetin you gain crooner who came out with that single few years ago was an inspiration to the youth especially yahoo boys who wants to drive benz and live lavida loca lifestyle. The song blew all over Africa that he was featured by obo davido the next week. Victor ad really didn't take his chances as much as I thought he would. I mean, come on take a look at Asake, he came with just a song and started bombarding the entertainment industry with several new songs topping chart's here and there and now he has made an imprint and wont be easily forgotten.

2) Duncan mighty

The port Harcourt first son did messed up his chances of reviving his career when he featured wizkid on fake love. That was a huge opportunity to make it back to the entertainment industry. Everyone was happy he was back.. weneee mighty don show hoping to hear more vibes with his melodious voice and, matured tunes, but he disappointed so many fans.

1) Black face

If I was black face all this years of convincing people that my friend stole my song and made it his. I would have written another song and make a huge comeback. Black face was one musician that had Nigerian sympathy for what 2face did to him till today, all he needed was just ONE GOOD SONG to make it to the mainstream and he's back on track grabbing awards and accolades.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Emmizofficial: 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2023
There is no musician in Nigeria that has up to the numbers of hit p-square has.
So they are living legends.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by ezewealth(m): 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
Remove duncan mighty, n p.square. had made their mark industry, wenemighty has up to 5 album on his name with at least 5 hit tracks in each album

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by LaSenior: 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
Dedeity:
The Op is high on meth
I swear he no see B-Red mention Even small doctor humble Smith and co na almighty psquare that has paid their dues in the music industry
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Ijaya123: 7:04pm On Sep 15, 2023
Eriggs:

Don't put the dead with the living....please.
May his soul continue to Rest in peace

What year did he die?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Agent17th: 7:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
post=125807587:

Korede Bello.
Chidinma..
Timi Dakolo.
Jesse Jagz.
Solid star.
Darey.
Lil' Kesh.
Eva Alordiah.
Sean Tizzle.
Sauce Kid.
Waje
Cynthia Morgan....

Every dog has its day.

We Rise.

Chidinma is now a gospel artist, for me she has stolen her moment. So she shouldn't be there
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Theweekend: 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
Memphis357:
The current generation of artists all around the world na thrash, Nigerian artists included. With the exception of The Weeknd and J.Cole.
thanks for saying i'm not among dem

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by thegrinch(m): 9:12pm On Sep 15, 2023
Denique:
Please take out:
PSquare: They are still very much relevant and that is not handed to anyone in the music industry. You have to earn it! They are still shutting down shows across Africa. They may not be making headlines like the others. Let's not forget, these guys came in to limelight pre social media. Until their first feud, they never saw YouTube as an essential tool. If you must mention them, then you have to include Tuface. In fact, what about D'banj?

Duncan: Limelight isn't permanent. He has had his audience and may yet bounce back.

Ice Prince: He held down the music scene for a while. Not an easy feat. Would you say Fireboy and JoeBoy are no longer relevant because they are not having massive airplays as before?

These guys shouldn't be on the same list as Blackface. Blackface doesn't even merit the list. He has not had a solo hit. He shone under the group and that was it.

Peace!

You were still wearing Diapers when Blackface was making hits. Man is Ahead of the Game!

...See what I did there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naija Songs That Rocked 2008 / Naira Marley X Zlatan - Am I A Yahoo Boy (official Video) / The Headies 2015 Nominees List.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.