Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment (40229 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians That Money Couldn't Blow / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) / Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by sageb: 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
Remove P-square and add Praiz and Waje in that list.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Kcfresh2103(m): 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
undecided Na Ducan Mighty own pain me pass, that guy is naturally good.
At a time he had serious juju related issues with his wife, men i really like that guy.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Myer(m): 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
KiNg0G:
I'm not here to criticize anyone, but as a music lover and a pro analyst, we all know opportunities come in different forms.

Here is my top 5 countdown to musicians who couldn't seize that moment when it was needed the most!!

5) Ice Prince Zamani

It's okay to say you don't want to rap any more. It's okay to tell a girl you like her waste in particular, but what happens from there? We all thought this is it, zamani is back when he did that song with nasty c, jidenna and co, but dude just couldn't seize that moment and revive his career. Instead, he went down the more.

4) PSQUARE

The duo broke up due to a family dispute and later reunited to make a comeback in the Nigerian entertainment industry. We all thought they were coming back, harder due to the hype of their shows and reunion fans were happy waiting for their next banger. But like I said, 2021 on a topic that made fp that it was too late for them which I got criticized by so many people calling me names I'm not Gos but it turns out I was right. Psquare couldn't seize the moment of their reunion to make a huge comeback and now we can hardly hear of them.

3) Victor Ad

If you nor get money wetin you gain o! The Wetin you gain crooner who came out with that single few years ago was an inspiration to the youth especially yahoo boys who wants to drive benz and live lavida loca lifestyle. The song blew all over Africa that he was featured by obo davido the next week. Victor ad really didn't take his chances as much as I thought he would. I mean, come on take a look at Asake, he came with just a song and started bombarding the entertainment industry with several new songs topping chart's here and there and now he has made an imprint and wont be easily forgotten.

2) Duncan mighty

The port Harcourt first son did messed up his chances of reviving his career when he featured wizkid on fake love. That was a huge opportunity to make it back to the entertainment industry. Everyone was happy he was back.. weneee mighty don show hoping to hear more vibes with his melodious voice and, matured tunes, but he disappointed so many fans.

1) Black face

If I was black face all this years of convincing people that my friend stole my song and made it his. I would have written another song and make a huge comeback. Black face was one musician that had Nigerian sympathy for what 2face did to him till today, all he needed was just ONE GOOD SONG to make it to the mainstream and he's back on track grabbing awards and accolades.

The most painful for me has to be Sauce Kid aka Sinzu.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Rahkman: 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
How psquare no take seize their moment ?? Maybe u mean come back moment ,cause them over seize their moment and were ontop for several years

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Angelfrost(m): 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
The truth is... Most of these people already hit their peak... They simply had nothing new or better to offer the ever-changing Music landscape.

P-Square might have had one or two more hits if they hadn't chosen to be unfortunate and "retire", but they would have still gone down nonetheless... Still, they remain one of the greatest musical groups to come out of this nation and continent. They have paid their dues.

Ice Prince Zamani happens to be in a fast fading genre (Hiphop), especially in the Naija scene... His eclipse might have been delayed but it was inevitable that he would fade.

Victor Ad had nothing in the bag... I mean absolutely NOTHING! Forget single hits... You either got it, or you don't. Asake is not his mate.

Duncan Mighty's era ended long ago... Ain't no one interested in that musical style no more.

I honestly don't know why Blackface is up there... Nigga never took off! Like, the end of PB was practically the end of his fledgling career... Some singers NEVER grow beyond their groups. E.g:

All Members of Styl Plus
One Direction except Styles and Zayn
P-Square
West Life
B2K
except Omarion
Etc...!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Ijaya123: 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2023
post=125807587:
Below is our own Top 11 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment

Korede Bello.
Chidinma..
Timi Dakolo.
Jesse Jagz.
Darey.
Lil' Kesh.
Eva Alordiah.
Sean Tizzle.
Sauce Kid.
Waje
Cynthia Morgan....

We hope they bounce back one of these day though,
Every dog has its day.

We Rise.

I think Azadus need to be on that list.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 1:47pm On Sep 15, 2023
KiNg0G:
I'm not here to criticize anyone, but as a music lover and a pro analyst, we all know opportunities come in different forms.

Here is my top 5 countdown to musicians who couldn't seize that moment when it was needed the most!!

5) Ice Prince Zamani

It's okay to say you don't want to rap any more. It's okay to tell a girl you like her waste in particular, but what happens from there? We all thought this is it, zamani is back when he did that song with nasty c, jidenna and co, but dude just couldn't seize that moment and revive his career. Instead, he went down the more.

4) PSQUARE

The duo broke up due to a family dispute and later reunited to make a comeback in the Nigerian entertainment industry. We all thought they were coming back, harder due to the hype of their shows and reunion fans were happy waiting for their next banger. But like I said, 2021 on a topic that made fp that it was too late for them which I got criticized by so many people calling me names I'm not Gos but it turns out I was right. Psquare couldn't seize the moment of their reunion to make a huge comeback and now we can hardly hear of them.

3) Victor Ad

If you nor get money wetin you gain o! The Wetin you gain crooner who came out with that single few years ago was an inspiration to the youth especially yahoo boys who wants to drive benz and live lavida loca lifestyle. The song blew all over Africa that he was featured by obo davido the next week. Victor ad really didn't take his chances as much as I thought he would. I mean, come on take a look at Asake, he came with just a song and started bombarding the entertainment industry with several new songs topping chart's here and there and now he has made an imprint and wont be easily forgotten.

2) Duncan mighty

The port Harcourt first son did messed up his chances of reviving his career when he featured wizkid on fake love. That was a huge opportunity to make it back to the entertainment industry. Everyone was happy he was back.. weneee mighty don show hoping to hear more vibes with his melodious voice and, matured tunes, but he disappointed so many fans.

1) Black face

If I was black face all this years of convincing people that my friend stole my song and made it his. I would have written another song and make a huge comeback. Black face was one musician that had Nigerian sympathy for what 2face did to him till today, all he needed was just ONE GOOD SONG to make it to the mainstream and he's back on track grabbing awards and accolades.
Victor ad nor suppose come back cus na YAHOO patron. His songs promoted fraud. Fraudsters don't last even in music

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Simdyofficial(f): 1:47pm On Sep 15, 2023
Sharap. You can't reign forever. They tried

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Thomasankara(m): 1:48pm On Sep 15, 2023
[/color]not in the class of those mentioned by the Mod[color=#770077]
post=125807587:
Below is our own Top 11 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment

Korede Bello.
Chidinma..
Timi Dakolo.
Jesse Jagz.
Solid star.
Darey.
Lil' Kesh.
Eva Alordiah.
Sean Tizzle.
Sauce Kid.
Waje
Cynthia Morgan....

Every dog has its day.

We Rise.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by 9jaBloke: 1:49pm On Sep 15, 2023
post=125807575:
PSQUARE should not be on that list.

There are over a dozen of other musicians
(listed below) that are supposed to be here,
Definitely not Peter and Paul.

Below are the names of some musicians that should have replaced the ejima in that list

I think the post is about once very popular music stars that dropped a come-back song but couldn't stage a successful come-back.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Thomasankara(m): 1:49pm On Sep 15, 2023
[/color]are kidding me, two solid what🤣🤣🤣[color=#770077]
Iyenogie30:
How is PSQUARE even on that list

Even if Psquare decides not to sing anymore , with what they have done in the industry they still have a solid place at the highest echelon in the nigeria music

They basically dominated the whole of Africa music industry for two solid decades

It is disrespectful putting them on the same list with those artists
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Thomasankara(m): 1:49pm On Sep 15, 2023
[/color]are u kidding me, two solid what🤣🤣🤣[color=#770077]
Iyenogie30:
How is PSQUARE even on that list

Even if Psquare decides not to sing anymore , with what they have done in the industry they still have a solid place at the highest echelon in the nigeria music

They basically dominated the whole of Africa music industry for two solid decades

It is disrespectful putting them on the same list with those artists
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by KiNg0G: 1:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
9jaBloke:

I think the post is about once very popular music stars that dropped a come-back song but couldn't stage a successful come-back.
exactly
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by drtee247(m): 1:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
Nigerians with their small memory span...always living at the moment

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Memphis357(m): 1:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
The current generation of artists all around the world na thrash, Nigerian artists included. With the exception of The Weeknd and J.Cole.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Calitoscassius(m): 1:52pm On Sep 15, 2023
Not with their kpangolo music is it? grin
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Adewale1603(m): 1:53pm On Sep 15, 2023
Nothing is permanent in life and no condition last forever. Things can't always be the same forever

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Obierika(m): 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2023
Who the Bleep is Victor AD?

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Obierika(m): 1:59pm On Sep 15, 2023
drtee247:
Nigerians with their small memory span...always living at the moment

You wey get long memory span na how many old time musicians you still dey jam their songs?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by TheSuperX(m): 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2023
P-SQUARE shouldn't be on that list, those guys are legends in the industry, including 2baba, Dbanj.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by 4evayours: 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2023
Just kuku tell us say na only particular tribe sabi sing for naija, na wetin you mean be that no come here dey bend talk because no body be small pikin for here
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by makavalley(m): 2:02pm On Sep 15, 2023
You better stop writing all of these things about this artist you know little or nothing about, not everyone is here to stay long on the scene, not everyone of them is broke or poor...l[b]ife happens[/b] too you shouldn't forget that... you can't be there forever .. Music evolves , sounds tunes beats evolves as well.
we've got bunch of contemporary musicians springing up every day not everyone can withstand the pressure demands it takes to be up there delivering back to back don't critise what you know nothing about .. you fans expect too much from them and you end up pushing them to do more than their head can take , for crying out loud they are humans too, mind you they've not come to complain to that they're finding life hard ..not everyone of them will do music for life they are businesses some ventured into as retirement some relocated to the environment that suits their life

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by patorial(m): 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2023
Franzinni:
Nothing destroys an artist more than to unblow, to reach Men-O- Pause in the limelight becasue people will always delight in ridiculing you. You become a has been, and you will have no choice than to come down to earth and move among mortals once again but this time you will be recognized anywhere you go as a topic in hair salons and bars.

Op you didn't add
Eva alordia
Solid star
Cynthia morgan (pure talent)

At least they had SUBSTANCEial progress

Op is talking about star that couldn't seize a given moment to shine again, not stars that stopped shinning.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by drtee247(m): 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2023
Obierika:

You wey get long memory span na how many old time musicians you still dey jam their songs?
As much as you can imagine
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Eriggs: 2:11pm On Sep 15, 2023
Ijaya123:

I think Azadus need to be on that list.
Don't put the dead with the living....please.
May his soul continue to Rest in peace
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Erikiel(m): 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2023
Sean Tizzle
Sauce kid
Orezi
Durela

I miss these guys

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Hillarie(m): 2:13pm On Sep 15, 2023
Angelfrost:
Some singers NEVER grow beyond their groups. E.g:

One Direction except Styles and Zayn
Etc...!

Niall Horan should also make an exception.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by madjune(m): 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2023
Blackface will release a song this year.

He's been talking about that sh.t since 2005.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by koladata(m): 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2023
remove Lil' Kesh, the guy is doing fine

post=125807587:
Below is our own Top 12 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment

Korede Bello.
Chidinma..
Timi Dakolo.
Jesse Jagz.
Solid star.
Darey.
Lil' Kesh.
Eva Alordiah.
Sean Tizzle.
Sauce Kid.
Waje
Cynthia Morgan....

Every dog has its day.

We Rise.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Pacesetter123(m): 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2023
post=125807587:
Below is our own Top 12 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment

Korede Bello.
Chidinma..
Timi Dakolo.
Jesse Jagz.
Solid star.
Darey.
Lil' Kesh.
Eva Alordiah.
Sean Tizzle.
Sauce Kid.
Waje
Cynthia Morgan....

Every dog has its day.

We Rise.
Put MC Galaxy there too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naija Songs That Rocked 2008 / The Headies 2015 Nominees List. / Naira Marley X Zlatan - Am I A Yahoo Boy (official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.