Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,554 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) (62654 Views)

Lady Confronts New User Of Her Stolen Phone After Tracking It (Video) / Two Armed Robbers Disguising As Security Agents Arrested In Katsina / Lady Celebrates After Tracking Down Man Who Scammed Her Friend. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by slowice(m): 2:36pm On Jun 07, 2023
Should this be illegal? Going to an establishment to arrest their client without a police officer
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by nedekid: 2:37pm On Jun 07, 2023
uuzba:

Ok.
Shey you know, if the man was in his house crying inside the room and they still videod it,
you will say that he is owing money and just sitting inside house to hide.
What should he do please?
The runs he planned didn't click. So what does he do next?
Even though I think the video is acted, you owe money, you pay. You take money only when you are guaranteed 100% incomming income.
You do not take loans hoping one brother will give you money when time reaches.
If they had collected collateral ie his property eg his car or iPhone worth more than the loan, wount he have paid the money?
You have to realise that Nigerians do not pay loans. Even if they have the money, they will give excuse why they have more pressing issues for the money.
3 weeks ago Zenith bank told me they have stopped quick cash loans, why, people don't pay, and they do not have the time to chase debtors!
2 years ago, I wanted to pay my painter for a car painting job. He called me to give another bank account. I asked why, he said he owed money on that account and they will debit him if my money enters. Anyway, I told him I was uncomfortable doing further business with him since he had become an onigbese. Less that 1 hr later, he called me that I can transfer, that he has paid his igbese of 20k + and cleared his debt. I proceeded to transfer and he did the job.

2 Likes

Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by PROPHETmichael: 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2023
Someone cannot eat again in peace grin
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by Uten9z(m): 2:49pm On Jun 07, 2023
Caaz:

Did you collect loan n refused payment?
How did they get access to your accts?

Yes I have loan like any other civil servant and they have been deducting it, only recently I now find out that there is a huge difference between the money remoted into my bank account and the the one on my pay slip.
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by Caaz: 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2023
Uten9z:

Yes I have loan like any other civil servant and they have been deducting it, only recently I now find out that there is a huge difference between the money remoted into my bank account and the the one on my pay slip.

Ok.
So how do you intend going about it.
You meant they deducted far above the amount they ought to deduct right?
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by Atarakpa: 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2023
slowice:
Should this be illegal? Going to an establishment to arrest their client without a police officer
pure illegal. The guy should get a lawyer and sue them for illegal arrest. If nah me damage money alert for my bank like this.
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by FireUpNow(m): 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2023
Who really owns palmpay? Anyways pay up your loan to avoid this kind of public disgrace
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by uuzba(m): 3:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
nedekid:

Even though I think the video is acted, you owe money, you pay. You take money only when you are guaranteed 100% incomming income.
You do not take loans hoping one brother will give you money when time reaches.
If they had collected collateral ie his property eg his car or iPhone worth more than the loan, wount he have paid the money?
You have to realise that Nigerians do not pay loans. Even if they have the money, they will give excuse why they have more pressing issues for the money.
3 weeks ago Zenith bank told me they have stopped quick cash loans, why, people don't pay, and they do not have the time to chase debtors!
2 years ago, I wanted to pay my painter for a car painting job. He called me to give another bank account. I asked why, he said he owed money on that account and they will debit him if my money enters. Anyway, I told him I was uncomfortable doing further business with him since he had become an onigbese. Less that 1 hr later, he called me that I can transfer, that he has paid his igbese of 20k + and cleared his debt. I proceeded to transfer and he did the job.
Well the issue is just complex. Technically, one should only take a loan when you don't "need" the money. As per, you already have exactly that amount. So that even in the worstest case, you just carry their money and give them back without all this drama.
Long ago I worked in a call center overseas and got to realise that white people too do this dodging of loan.
The call center setup an automated system of calling the debtors.
On our PC screen we just see, name address and amount owed. Then start pushing the person according to the amount.
I used to deal with all those £100-£200 people.
Another section of our office deal with £1000 and above people. Threaten them with court/police/prison etc.
I never knew how the matter ended for the bad cases. But some office oyibos told me that a bailiff would go to the person's house, break down the door and carry them to prison. Just like this our Naija guy in the video above. But rarely does it reach that stage sha.

2 Likes

Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by uuzba(m): 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2023
Atarakpa:
pure illegal. The guy should get a lawyer and sue them for illegal arrest. If nah me damage money alert for my bank like this.
Will you do the lawyer work for the guy?
Guy wey no get kobo for pocket.
You will first be doing free work for the guy hoping to win case and get settlement with your empty pocket?
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by TBIZZY(m): 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2023
Debt recovery agents.

I for dey do this work oo
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by TBIZZY(m): 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2023
SirBanty:

In this time of rising cost of fuel in spite of the harsh weather condition and lack of power supply, you need a power station to help recharge your phone, laptops and rechargeable fan when there is no light.

How much ?
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by FlipModeSquade(m): 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
LikeAking:

This is totally unconstitutional.

Ogbeni pay your debt..
You want to run a legitimate business to the ground,and you have the guts to be talking about the constitution?
In some countries,Loan Sharks will leave you with a permanent disfigurements for failing to pay your debt..
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by FlipModeSquade(m): 3:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
Atarakpa:
Pay your debt..
You have money to chop Nkwobi and Suya..
Money to hire Lawyers..
But you don't have money to pay back the money you borrowed?
And you have the mouth to be talking about illegalities?
No be First Class Witchcraft be that?

2 Likes

Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by sprints1: 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
Palmpay can be stupid sha that was how they were calling because of 1000 naira wey I owe mumu people just 2 days after defaulting. Yeye app
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by sprints1: 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
SirBanty:

In this time of rising cost of fuel in spite of the harsh weather condition and lack of power supply, you need a power station to help recharge your phone, laptops and rechargeable fan when there is no light.

Mr man try and fix your house its neausating and dirty bro it will help your business. Please attend to your dirty household first b4 advertising. God will bless your hustle.
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by Kajaard: 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2023
AgentGoat:
Na skit. Dumb Nigerians.

I think it's a skit
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by karmaolu1(m): 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
I go uninstall my Palm Pay before I go fall victim grin
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by nedekid: 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2023
uuzba:

Well the issue is just complex. Technically, one should only take a loan when you don't "need" the money. As per, you already have exactly that amount. So that even in the worstest case, you just carry their money and give them back without all this drama.
Long ago I worked in a call center overseas and got to realise that white people too do this dodging of loan.
The call center setup an automated system of calling the debtors.
On our PC screen we just see, name address and amount owed. Then start pushing the person according to the amount.
I used to deal with all those £100-£200 people.
Another section of our office deal with £1000 and above people. Threaten them with court/police/prison etc.
I never knew how the matter ended for the bad cases. But some office oyibos told me that a bailiff would go to the person's house, break down the door and carry them to prison. Just like this our Naija guy in the video above. But rarely does it reach that stage sha.
I think in the uk, they have something like small claims court that dispenses all those small cases. Besides their credit rating system compels you to avoid bad credit. Your default in loan payments ensures you have difficulties financing your next car, house tv etc. And you know in western countries you cannot survive without acess to credit. So even if the average oyinbo does not want to pay, there is motivation to pay.
Here in naija, nothing like that. There are rating companies but not fully grounded.

1 Like

Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by Kajaard: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2023
SirBanty:

How much is it?
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2023
fake
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by Ayobeck(m): 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2023
If this palm pay officer are kidnapper,.nko,but only disgarss like palm pay officer
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by MrPaul2: 4:13pm On Jun 07, 2023
Patrickyemi:
Una still Dey borrow money from palmpay ? Why not start a YouTube channel on football and make money na. Let me teach you, mention me if interested, hold your 1k o
I'm interested
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:14pm On Jun 07, 2023
jamesversion:

Eateries usually have their own security and I believe its unprofessional for their security to watch their customer being harassed whilst inside the eatery. It makes for bad publicity.
It’s a public place that offers no protection for criminals. And I like it that way.
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by Yoighaman(m): 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2023
AgentGoat:
Na skit. Dumb Nigerians.

So you can just wake up one day, then wear GTBank or Zenith bank's T shirt to go and do skit?
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by uuzba(m): 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
nedekid:

I think in the uk, they have something like small claims court that dispenses all those small cases. Besides their credit rating system compels you to avoid bad credit. Your default in loan payments ensures you have difficulties financing your next car, house tv etc. And you know in western countries you cannot survive without acess to credit. So even if the average oyinbo does not want to pay, there is motivation to pay.
Here in naija, nothing like that. There are rating companies but not fully grounded.
But see it. The cost of implementing rating systems here in Nigeria
1. Computer/server that is on 24/7 with up-to-date unaltered data. No hacking.
2. Internet security to protect such type of device.
-
Ordinary INEC voting, we didn't hear about the server again!
NEPA is daily slapping everybody.
-
Credit rating and all online services like that will never fully work here 100% the way they use in western countries.
So we will always end up with this gra-gra, areaboys approach to solving matters with physical beating and fighting.
Hian!.

1 Like

Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by joshuaidibia(m): 4:39pm On Jun 07, 2023
Staged. From the moment the guy videoing opens his mouth you'll know. It is staged. He even stood up to meet them, wink Mr Narrator
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by bukarolz: 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2023
Tinubu pipu😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Moment Palmpay Agents Arrested Debtor At Eatery After Tracking Him (Video) by aremubabs: 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2023
It seems a skit.

Who born you well to arrest a debtor?

Supposing this happened for real, the guy don cash out be that, if he is smart. Now that the video is in the public domain, there is evidence for a claim of physical harassment and kidnapping.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Juanito Pistola, 16-Year-Old Mexican Cartel Hitman Killed By Police / I Begged Him To Use Condom - Married Nurse Tells Lagos Court How She Was Raped / Xenophobia: Criminals Burn Police Van at Shoprite Osapa Mall, Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.