Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? (21799 Views)

Father & Daughter Banished From Nnobi, Anambra For Incest That Produced 2 Kids / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / "Some Call It Incest, We Call It Fate" - Man Who Impregnates His Sister Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by OdefaGirl(f): 8:14pm On Jun 08, 2023
Mustiboy:

Don’t mind him

I honestly don’t know how some people reason on this platform.

The same way it’s easy for you to think that girl initiated is the same way you should consider the possibility of the boy initiating it.

I personally think that boy is a very useless person and is just looking for someone to blame for his wrong decisions in life.

You didn’t speak up all this while, but it’s after 7 years when the girl has moved on and turned her life around that you know you’re guilty/depressed

If the girl were my sister, I’d so deal with that boy, even though I’d also reprimand my sister for indulging in such act. But I won’t let some make such huge allegations against her and get away with it.

Never!

I think you are the only reasonable man I read his comment. In as much as the girl has done something wrong in the past doesn't make her guilty of subsequent occurrence. That girl is looking for just someone to believe in her. Her family is not helping matter.

If the Op can help her get a life outside her family, then advice her to be focused..... Time will tell. Tomorrow, with determination..... She can still be the Chief corner stone that everyone will want to identify with.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by Mustiboy(m): 8:19pm On Jun 08, 2023
OdefaGirl:

I think you are the only reasonable man I read his comment. In as much as the girl has done something wrong in the past doesn't make her guilty of subsequent occurrence. That girl is looking for just someone to believe in her. Her family is not helping matter.

If the Op can help her get a life outside her family, then advice her to be focused..... Time will tell. Tomorrow, with determination..... She can still be the Chief corner stone that everyone will want to identify with.

That’s one thing about life.

The girl should just focus on her life, her fiancé, and work towards self improvement.

Those who castigate her today may want to identify with her tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by OdefaGirl(f): 8:23pm On Jun 08, 2023
Cloudflare:

First of all, a girl getting pregnant at younger age wasn't a mistake. Mistake is when she was raped or forcefully made to have sex with a man. For as long as the above scene didn't happen, Madam it was a mistake!!!!!! She purposely went and opened her legs wide and had sex and then got pregnant. Stop misusing that word "mistake" because that wasn't a mistake.

Besides, the girl was the first to confess to the OP. This simply means she was afraid and didn't want her male cousin to say it first so she quickly manipulated and lied to the OP that it was the cousin that demanded for sex, whereas it was she that seduced the young man and asked him to fvck her.

Madam, that girl is loose and wayward. Girls like that cannot control themselves. Their Toto too dey scratch them. I know you're like her

Having sex and getting pregnant is two different things, a lot of people have sex and still don't get pregnant. You don't know if it was her first time having sex or not.... You don't know if she hasn't learnt about a woman's fertility cycle, you don't know if she visited a "trusted friend" and was forced to have sex.... There are lots of pictures of what could have gone wrong in the first place but because we don't know, reduce your judgement on that girl. Getting pregnant is not a one person affair. If she was too young, then...who the h*ll had sex with a minor?
You were not there but you easily accused and condemned the girl, hopefully someone doesn't do that to you.

Modified: oh it got to a point that you had to insult me right? There's no problem.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by albert2512: 9:04am On Jun 09, 2023
Forrkke:
Now, members of the family have been calling my cousin to call her all sorts of name. They said if anything happens to the guy, she’ll be held responsible for it.

My question is,

How can you lie against someone, more so your own cousin without any remorse?

How come it’s after 8 years that you’re feeling guilty and depressed for what happened?

I’m not supporting my cousin; she deserves whatever castigations are coming her way. But is it okay to let this humongous character assassination slide?

The sad thing is nobody is interested in hearing her own side of the story; it’s the guy they believe because he spoke first. I believe my cousin because she told me about this issue back in December last year, before it became known to everybody. She could have easily lied that she was forced or raped just to save her reputation. But she confided in me and said it as it was… that it was her who agreed to it.

From what I know, this guy has been a failure and has disappointed his parents many times; he’s just playing some antics and isn’t depressed. He’s using this story to draw sympathy because no one in the family likes him due to his waywardness.

Someone they said was depressed was heard on the phone laughing to a skit when my cousin called one of her aunts explaining. The boy was there but didn’t know the aunt was on phone with my cousin. Also, my cousin doesn’t have the boy’s number and has not been allowed to speak to him and confront him for all the lies against her.

My cousin has a fiancé, but now her father’s people her saying she’s wicked that after destroying someone’s life, she wants to settle down. They’re asking her what will happen to the guy whose life she has destroyed? This girl hasn’t been herself for weeks now. She has been thrown under the bus, so much that her one elder brother has disowned her.

What do you guys suggest she does going forward?

My cousin and I have always been very close, and I’m like the only person in the family that understands her now, even though I condemn what she fell into years ago.

Someone is suggesting my cousin sue the boy, how’s that feasible? We’re talking about a family member here.
And one thing is certain; this boy will not be able to tell all these lies in the presence of my cousin if confronted.

The same boy once wrote a love letter to another of his cousins during that period, telling her that he found her attractive and would love them to he togther

Don't be too sure of what you think you know.
Re: How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family? by ghettochild(m): 6:34pm On Jun 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Confront a druggie? undecided
Yes na..
Other people go dey there as well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pregnancy Or Nursing Of Baby; Which Is More Challenging? / "Marriage Will Forever Be One Of Life's Achievements" - Jullie Cassie / "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.