Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike (28358 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Electricity Workers Begin Nationwide Strike / If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / Taxify/uber Partners And Drivers (2) (3) (4)

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by GODPUNISHALABI: 11:53am On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

Those ones are paying daily taxes na!! Is Uber or private drivers paying tax to government?? I have never seen where Uber drivers pay money to Agberos the tax collectors!!
you talk like an illiterate

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by mkoabiola: 11:53am On Jun 07, 2023
Them de play

Who cares

Adkimg for 200 per cent increament will make bolt loose more customers

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by slex(m): 11:53am On Jun 07, 2023
Lekan239:
I wonder why the uber and bolt customers can't call on strike too against the 200% increment those wicked drivers are asking for

Another angle .

When their apps gives us crazy estimates , they won't strike

Now they want increment
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 11:54am On Jun 07, 2023
GODPUNISHALABI:

How does their strike affect Nigerians??
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by fatytoy333(m): 11:55am On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:
Who send their Papa??Who know Them?? If Dem like make Dem Strike, na Hunger go kill all of them.
May be not all of them, some are entrepreneurs, gainfully employed, or doing something else. They only use this as a side hustle
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 11:56am On Jun 07, 2023
fatytoy333:

May be not all of them, some are entrepreneurs, gainfully employed, or doing something else. They only use this as a side hustle

How does Uber and Bolt Drivers Strike affect Nigerians??
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by wahalawahala: 11:57am On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

bros, no reason am o.. cos it won't affect u does not mean it won't affect lot of ppl

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by AwkaFinest: 11:59am On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

It affects transportation. If you don't use their services, do not think others don't.

So many persons depend on them for their day to day transport. Many do not have the luxurygrin to go outside and start looking for a taxi. Even at that their rates are lower than rates of taxis picked at random from our roads.

The whole of the month of May, I used bolt for my day to day movement and it was effortless.

I guess to you, people like me are not Nigerians.

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Omoboricash(m): 12:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

If the strike prolong , it will affect tax income of state government.
The data usage will be reduced hence it will reduce income of telecommunication. This translate to tax payment reduction to government from telecom.
It also affects movement of citizen which make life more difficult for people.
NOTE: They are not protesting subsidy removal. Their agigation based on
1. Reduction in bolt commission from 25℅ to 10%
2.Bolt or uber should review the charges to reflect the increament in oil prices.
3. 5% bonus to riders
These are the major demand from e -hailing apps
They are not against government subsidy removal they infact want government to come into their aids about these e-hailing apps to do the needful

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by melonsgroup: 12:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
Perfectman91:

It's fight for it, grab it, snatch it and run away with it
🤣
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by ruggedtimi(m): 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

Why will a Private Sector want to go on Strike?? Are they Playing!!
strike is against the apps...not govt

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by ruggedtimi(m): 12:11pm On Jun 07, 2023
N3TRAL:
Fake news from Uber drivers.

A destination that was 1000 naira in May is now 2200 in June. I just checked my bolt and Uber apps now.
there is what is called surge....on a normal ride that ur ride will be arnd 1k
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by ruggedtimi(m): 12:14pm On Jun 07, 2023
Lekan239:
I wonder why the uber and bolt customers can't call on strike too against the 200% increment those wicked drivers are asking for
wicked drivers After u buy N500 per ltre.. at the end u re making 20% profit ..which money Dem go use maintain the car?

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by ruggedtimi(m): 12:20pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

How does their strike affect Nigerians?? Please tell me.
the strike is not against the govt by the apps ...so the intention of the strike is not to affect Nigerians bt the companies. And yes it will affect some Nigerians that rely on their services.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
Wats there undecided Wen customer book u, u give dem ur own price over d phone before comin, but don't b greedy on d price tho
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by ruggedtimi(m): 12:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
Lekan239:
asking of increment of 200%
I once paid 9k for a flight from pH - lag...bt today I doubt you can even see a 30k flight to lag. That's more than 200% increments and they still have customers
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Menclothing: 12:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
Make them no resume again
I use LAGRIDE
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Beverlyjean(f): 12:29pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

Madam wisdom, i hail you. How does their strike affect us?

How would you know...no be okada and danfo u
de fly
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by nnamdi640: 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:
Who send their Papa??Who know Them?? If Dem like make Dem Strike, na Hunger go kill all of them.
You and you kind will be the one to suffer more, the effect of subsidy remover haven't started yet, when it starts you will see that the country will be unbearable for people like you, just sit tight and watch what will happen in the next few months to come. It is only a senseless government that will take such action without putting things in place. If you guys are wise, you should have demanded that the government should put the refineries in order, all you do is to attack anybody against Tinubu action just because he is from your side.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by youngrichnigga: 12:42pm On Jun 07, 2023
Wahala double wahala for deadi body embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acidosis(m): 12:47pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

Those ones are paying daily taxes na!! Is Uber or private drivers paying tax to government?? I have never seen where Uber drivers pay money to Agberos the tax collectors!!

They are protesting against their employers. How is this so hard to understand??
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acidosis(m): 12:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
Menclothing:
Make them no resume again
I use LAGRIDE

How does the LAGRIDE thing works?
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Menclothing: 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acidosis:

How does the LAGRIDE thing works?

Download the app work like Uber
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acidosis(m): 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

How does Uber and Bolt Drivers Strike affect Nigerians??

It affects their employers: Uber Technologies and Bolt Inc. The strike does not (directly) affects about you or the Nigerian government.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Popeonah(m): 12:50pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

How does Uber drivers strike affect Nigerians?? Just tell me
Are they not Nigerians, don't dey feed their family the same way you do. Now the owners are ripping them off with the current situation now, the government on the other hand increased tax on the owners making in more demanding. why do you think. Look at fuel price, I'm sure you are been feed by you wife thats why you have time to type shit
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acidosis(m): 12:51pm On Jun 07, 2023
Menclothing:

Download the app work like Uber

Oh nice. Thank you.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by osuofia2(m): 1:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
Long over due. The increments on fuel can not match the present price by bolt and Uber. E hailing drivers are humans too
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by lexy2014: 1:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

Why will a Private Sector want to go on Strike?? Are they Playing!!

Is it a crime for people in private sector to go on strike?
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by lexy2014: 1:09pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

Really? So Uber drivers don't pay taxes to government?

Are agberos tax collector's? Can you tell us how much they have generated for govt so far?
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by lexy2014: 1:12pm On Jun 07, 2023
GODPUNISHALABI:

He doesn't talk like one. He is one
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by cyprus000: 1:19pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

What is the essence of their strike when it can never affect Nigerians?? Tell me pls
Let me put it into perspective for you if you don't understand.

Let's presume as a bolt/uber driver you make 15k. Inside that money bolt take 3k as commission, while the remaining 12k you minus 3k for fuel and maintenance gulp 5k, leaving you with 4k as take home, now petrol has almost been tripled, consequently biting into your take home and leaving you struggling to be in businesses. Now, what the e-hailing companies increased is about 80% of the around 340% pms was increased, while maintaining the same commission rate.

What the protesters are simply saying is either the company adjust the tfare to commensurate with deficit they're suffering or the companies reduce their commission to help shoulder the deficit they're suffering.

I'm 100% certain that you here yapping can never be in a business where you wake up everyday to go to work and at the end of the month you make no profit, instead you're borrowing to sustain the business. That's what is happening and why they're protesting.
As for your question; I believe the drivers were not shipped from Congo nor their passengers, so, it's an inconsequential question.

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by victorazy(m): 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

This comment and mentality is why Nigeria and Africa is not progressing, lack of love and empathy. Selfishness and wickedness. So you don't feel their pain at all?

Dangote Acquires 2,500 Trucks For Cement, Fertiliser Distribution / Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story / Recharge Card Printing Business; How Viable Is It?