Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,212 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike (28356 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Electricity Workers Begin Nationwide Strike / If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / Taxify/uber Partners And Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Aucun(m): 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2023
cyprus000:

Let me put it into perspective for you if you don't understand.

Let's presume as a bolt/uber driver you make 15k. Inside that money bolt take 3k as commission, while the remaining 12k you minus 3k for fuel and maintenance gulp 5k, leaving you with 4k as take home, now petrol has almost been tripled, consequently biting into your take home and leaving you struggling to be in businesses. Now, what the e-hailing companies increased is about 80% of the around 340% pms was increased, while maintaining the same commission rate.

What the protesters are simply saying is either the company adjust the tfare to commensurate with deficit they're suffering or the companies reduce their commission to help shoulder the deficit they're suffering.

I'm 100% certain that you here yapping can never be in a business where you wake up everyday to go to work and at the end of the month you make no profit, instead you're borrowing to sustain the business. That's what is happening and why they're protesting.
As for your question; I believe the drivers were not shipped from Congo nor their passengers, so, it's an inconsequential question.

You are wasting your time on a nincompoop.

That boy is obviously still being fed by his mum and living under his guardians... that's why his talking from his anus!

Also, you can see poverty written all over his comments. Obviously he has never enjoyed a Bolt/Uber service before!

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by AwkaFinest: 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

Madam enter Bus. Brt is there

Brt? So in your shallow mind everyone on this forum resides in Lagos?

You are indeed not cerebral.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 2:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
AwkaFinest:

Brt? So in your shallow mind everyone on this app resides in Lagos?

You are indeed not cerebral.

Is there no public transport where you reside?? Must you enter Uber or bolt. If you have the money, sure you are free

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2023
victorazy:

This comment and mentality is why Nigeria and Africa is not progressing, lack of love and empathy. Selfishness and wickedness. So you don't feel their pain at all?

Why should I Pity them...........even public transport wey supposed strike no strike, who con be Uber or bolt
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 2:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
cyprus000:

Let me put it into perspective for you if you don't understand.

Let's presume as a bolt/uber driver you make 15k. Inside that money bolt take 3k as commission, while the remaining 12k you minus 3k for fuel and maintenance gulp 5k, leaving you with 4k as take home, now petrol has almost been tripled, consequently biting into your take home and leaving you struggling to be in businesses. Now, what the e-hailing companies increased is about 80% of the around 340% pms was increased, while maintaining the same commission rate.

What the protesters are simply saying is either the company adjust the tfare to commensurate with deficit they're suffering or the companies reduce their commission to help shoulder the deficit they're suffering.

I'm 100% certain that you here yapping can never be in a business where you wake up everyday to go to work and at the end of the month you make no profit, instead you're borrowing to sustain the business. That's what is happening and why they're protesting.
As for your question; I believe the drivers were not shipped from Congo nor their passengers, so, it's an inconsequential question.

In all this your narration, nothing concern federal government, the hailing companies should do the Needful. Simple
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 2:44pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acidosis:

It affects their employers: Uber Technologies and Bolt Inc. The strike does not (directly) affects about you or the Nigerian government.

Then the Employers should do the Needful and reduce their Commission.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2023
nnamdi640:
You and you kind will be the one to suffer more, the effect of subsidy remover haven't started yet, when it starts you will see that the country will be unbearable for people like you, just sit tight and watch what will happen in the next few months to come. It is only a senseless government that will take such action without putting things in place. If you guys are wise, you should have demanded that the government should put the refineries in order, all you do is to attack anybody against Tinubu action just because he is from your side.

Prophet of Doom, Which country will be Unbearable?? Be there deceiving yourself.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
Beverlyjean:

How would you know...no be okada and danfo u
de fly

Yes, that's why it can't affect us. Na who get Money dey call Uber or Bolt. Are you now Satisfied??
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by nnamdi640: 3:42pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

Prophet of Doom, Which country will be Unbearable?? Be there deceiving yourself.
I don't need to be a prophet to to you what will soon happen. Am 100% certain that you and your fellow will bear the hate of the subsidy more, mark my word
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by AwkaFinest: 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

Is there no public transport where you reside?? Must you enter Uber or bolt. If you have the money, sure you are free

Then use a general term instead of brt.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by victorazy(m): 4:37pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

Why should I Pity them...........even public transport wey supposed strike no strike, who con be Uber or bolt

Bros plz dey reason naw!

Public transporters are independent body BUT Uber & Bolt are under an umbrella, independent trans can change fare at will but them cannot.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by fredodo007(m): 5:11pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

Those ones are paying daily taxes na!! Is Uber or private drivers paying tax to government?? I have never seen where Uber drivers pay money to Agberos the tax collectors!!

What you don't know, don't say. Uber drivers and bolt drivers pay taxes on every trip they pick online. Go check and confirm. No spit brat here abeg
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by huntax(m): 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2023
omoadeleye:

But, that doesn't concern the government,

In fact more revenue for the government because of their strike , people won't have any choice to enter normal commercial bus.

The strike is not against the government, it's against the e-hailing companies.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by huntax(m): 7:00pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

What is the essence of their strike when it can never affect Nigerians?? Tell me pls

Good Lord, you really are dense. The strike is supposed to force Bolt and Über to give in to their demands and reduce the commission rate or increase the fares. This has nothing to do with the government ffs.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by ufotunang: 7:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
That is the renewed hope you voted for
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Whois(m): 10:47pm On Jun 07, 2023
On a norm, are agberos supposed to be "the tax collectors"? I'm sure you have realized how stupid you sound
Acekidc4:

Those ones are paying daily taxes na!! Is Uber or private drivers paying tax to government?? I have never seen where Uber drivers pay money to Agberos the tax collectors!!

I wish you more wisdom and understanding.

huntax:

The strike is not against the government, it's against the e-hailing companies.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by OtunbaJ: 11:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:
Who send their Papa??Who know Them?? If Dem like make Dem Strike, na Hunger go kill all of them.
comments like this shows how shallow ur brain is, if u are not one of them doesn't mean u spite them.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by fatytoy333(m): 1:14am On Jun 08, 2023
Acekidc4:

How does Uber and Bolt Drivers Strike affect Nigerians??
Wow what a question
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Ofadaman(m): 8:01am On Jun 08, 2023
LoL I feel sorry for them, you want to hike price beyond the price the app gives, don't they know the trip is calculated by a fair algorithm that considers the time spent on road and cost of gas in the country plus considers other areas where the driver takes a route to increase fair price , they get penalized.

They also forget, it's not easy to find alternatives , they think say na govt work then dey do, the strike will not hold because, many will go out to make trips, irrespective cos anyone verified can do trips be it part time or full time. The more they strike the more profit for those who remain
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Oyerinde16(m): 9:49pm On Jun 17, 2023
We have a meeting tomorrow... Kindly share with others...
This is for Abuja drivers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Acquires 2,500 Trucks For Cement, Fertiliser Distribution / Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story / Recharge Card Printing Business; How Viable Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.