Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,821 members, 7,813,702 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike (28275 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Electricity Workers Begin Nationwide Strike / If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / Taxify/uber Partners And Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Footage: 11:25am On Jun 07, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
Nothing is working under this Agbado president

Price of cooking gas has reduced

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Deypray: 11:26am On Jun 07, 2023
A day is not enough. All these e-hailing coys don't care about their drivers. Still using same pricing system when fuel was #185. Absolutely insane.
It's time riders know using a private ride is premium service. If you can't afford it...use public transport.

There will be more than 10k drivers on the road now...many of which will disregard the strike action. That's why I feel these coys don't really care about all the noise these associations makes. It's only if the govt and labor unions wade in.

3 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by ceragon123: 11:27am On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:
Who send their Papa??Who know Them?? If Dem like make Dem Strike, na Hunger go kill all of them.

Wicked human being. Make move to buy them over like you guys are doing.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by danelson007(m): 11:31am On Jun 07, 2023
Chaii see what nairaland is breeding. This guy is so stupid.

So you think the strike is against Tinubus government that's why you are ontop of the matter like this.

Your Monika will never be taken seriously because you are so empty
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by ceragon123: 11:31am On Jun 07, 2023
Yes oooo. My man.

Your face show, Viking07. Very active comrade and a wonderful engager in all fronts.

Viking07:
Yup. We’re currently on shutdown here in Abuja. 😁✌️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by danelson007(m): 11:32am On Jun 07, 2023
No wonder you have kid on ur Monika

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Draslo(m): 11:32am On Jun 07, 2023
Nbote:

It is within their rights to go and strike na. Bread makers and bakeries go on strike. Satchet water makers go on strike. They have a right to decide to if they see their interests are no longer covered. Sustaining the strike is an issue for another day
You can imagine the dullard. The rates the apps are charging isn't a reflection on the new petrol prices. How are the drivers supposed to survive? I bet the idiot hasn't ordered a cab this year

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by thinkmoney(m): 11:32am On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

They're going on strike that does not concern the federal government. It's a private sector and they will suffer for it.
Guy you no sabi anything about labour. Your response is giving you out as somebody that do not know much.
As a cooperate organization even without being a public cooperate organization, there are right of every worker entrenched in law and supervised by bodyguards which TUC is one vital one.
Any worker can decide to go on strike or in another word, down tool to protest some unfair perceived or real treatment
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Kaymansion(m): 11:32am On Jun 07, 2023
Orisirisi undecided who cares
When they give them chance they would take chances
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by wonder233: 11:32am On Jun 07, 2023
They pay tax even more than bus drivers. When next you take bolt, look at the receipt they send you, you will see LASG revenue tax. It is a flat rate on every trip. For every trip they make, an amount goes to the state government
Acekidc4:

Those ones are paying daily taxes na!! Is Uber or private drivers paying tax to government?? I have never seen where Uber drivers pay money to Agberos the tax collectors!!

5 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by nahzyla: 11:33am On Jun 07, 2023
But Rida and indrive are still there naa

undecided

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by thinkmoney(m): 11:33am On Jun 07, 2023
N3TRAL:
Fake news from Uber drivers.

A destination that was 1000 naira in May is now 2200 in June. I just checked my bolt and Uber apps now.
That’s if there is surge. Even then, it’s supposed to be like 3000 because fuel got increase by almost 300%
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Nemesis0147(m): 11:33am On Jun 07, 2023
Viking07:
Yup. We’re currently on shutdown here in Abuja. 😁✌️

so I no go see ride book again for this town?
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by OmoOshodi(m): 11:34am On Jun 07, 2023
They are inconsequential....someone should say that loud to them.....agbero and PMS will be happy to hear this
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by nahzyla: 11:35am On Jun 07, 2023
Wheezy123:
So when is it starting? Cos I just booked ride now now as I type, and the driver de come.
grin

Some people will not join the strike. Na so e dey be.

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Chetas81(m): 11:36am On Jun 07, 2023
Who cares because Idea and logic matter to the people of western world not for the people from this part of the world called Nigeria
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by ogbestone(m): 11:37am On Jun 07, 2023
Anyhow talk be dis.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Blaze14k: 11:39am On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

They're going on strike that does not concern the federal government. It's a private sector and they will suffer for it.

How is it now your headache allow them now. Why u dey vex?

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by EnterpriseMan: 11:43am On Jun 07, 2023
Good, no more cheap rides for Tinubu supporters. If you can't pay go to any dealership and tell them you voted Tinubu and demand they give you a car. Las Las this country we all know where it's headed.

200% is too small self, let it be 500% grin grin

Olosho should still increase their rates to 500% grin grin grin No knacking for the wicked tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 11:43am On Jun 07, 2023
thinkmoney:

Guy you no sabi anything about labour. Your response is giving you out as somebody that do not know much.
As a cooperate organization even without being a public cooperate organization, there are right of every worker entrenched in law and supervised by bodyguards which TUC is one vital one.
Any worker can decide to go on strike or in another word, down tool to protest some unfair perceived or real treatment

If they go on strike, tell me who will suffer it??
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Perfectman91: 11:44am On Jun 07, 2023
melonsgroup:
Special anouncement for all APC members/Tinubus supporters.
You can go to any fuel station around you and fill your tank.
If the refused, SNATCH it,GRAB it una papa na president

It's fight for it, grab it, snatch it and run away with it
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 11:45am On Jun 07, 2023
Omoboricash:

That is how shallow minded ypu are. If you dont have knowlegde about how e-hailing drivers, you should have asked and ypu will be enlightened.
For your information they pay tax.

How does their strike affect Nigerians??
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by EnterpriseMan: 11:45am On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:
Who send their Papa??Who know Them?? If Dem like make Dem Strike, na Hunger go kill all of them.

Oga why does it bother you? if you can't afford it go buy your own personal motor tongue tongue

Let them charge 20k per ride, worth it and not my business
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 11:46am On Jun 07, 2023
Popeonah:

This show you are just a complete fool. You're just not meant to be alive in this country, because it doesn't concern you that why you talk from you anus.
You are a walking dead and your brains are rotten

How does Uber drivers strike affect Nigerians?? Just tell me
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by thinkmoney(m): 11:46am On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

If they go on strike, tell me who will suffer it??
If you go for operation for an ailment, won’t you go through some temporary pain to get a lasting result?
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 11:47am On Jun 07, 2023
Beverlyjean:

When I saw ur first post, i instantly knew that u were dumb .... the reason y Nigeria will never work is that ur type are over 70% of the population

Madam wisdom, i hail you. How does their strike affect us?
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 11:48am On Jun 07, 2023
Great0ne1:

Yeah. They are all ipob members, according to IDIOTS like you

Tell me, how does their strike affect Nigerians??
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 11:50am On Jun 07, 2023
cyprus000:

So the commission they pay after every ride is what

Damn! Nairaland is so full of sh1t with ignorant lot like you littered everywhere.

What is the essence of their strike when it can never affect Nigerians?? Tell me pls
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 11:51am On Jun 07, 2023
backnbeta:

I send them o! They are very very useful

Madam enter Bus. Brt is there
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 11:51am On Jun 07, 2023
AwkaFinest:

Uber, Bolt, Taxify, palm drive etc all pay taxes. Don't say what you don't know.

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 11:52am On Jun 07, 2023
wahalawahala:
the company dey pay tax directly to government

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike by Acekidc4(m): 11:53am On Jun 07, 2023
slowice:

Dude you even read the post? You re talking off point brah

How does their strike affect Nigerians?? Please tell me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Wins A Car At Shoprite In Imo State (Photos) / SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera / Recharge Card Printing Business; How Viable Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.