Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job (26827 Views)

Ekweremadu Gets International Parliamentary (IPC) Appointment / Wike Lobbying To Join APC, Since Atiku Isn’t Allowing Him To Take Over PDP - APC / Obasanjo Lobbying For US Visa For Atiku – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by SportFm: 10:10am On Jun 07, 2023
Less than 2 weeks after leaving office as Nigeria’s Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed has been appointed as the managing partner of an international lobbying firm, Ballard Partners.

His appointment was announced in a statement shared on the firm’s official Twitter page on Tuesday.

“Ballard Partners, one of the top government relations firms in the United States, is opening its first office in Africa in Abuja, Nigeria, the nation’s capital,” the statement reads.

“Lai Mohammed, the immediate past Nigeria minister of information and culture, will serve as the managing partner of the Abuja office and the firm’s satellite office in Lagos, the nation’s financial centre.”

According to Brian Ballard, the firm’s president he said Mohammed was given the role because he “is one of the most respected officials in the country”.

“Opening our first African office in Nigeria expands our firm’s international footprint to three continents and builds upon the important work we have done on behalf of African nations and companies in Africa and the U.S.,” the firm’s president said.

“We are honoured to have former minister Lai Mohammed join the firm as our managing partner in Nigeria. He has a long record of public service and is one of the most respected officials in the country. His outstanding reputation and exceptional experience will be invaluable to our firm’s clients.”

Reacting to his new appointment, Mohammed said Ballard Partners has a perfect record globally and is delighted to be a part of the firm.

“I am very pleased to join Ballard Partners and to open the firm’s first office in Africa,” he was quoted as saying.

“Ballard Partners has an impeccable reputation internationally and is well known for its success representing African countries and American firms in Africa.”

https://punchng.com/lai-mohammed-gets-international-lobbying-job/?amp

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by Mynd44: 10:16am On Jun 07, 2023
I wonder how much the Buy-in will be

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by SmartPolician: 10:17am On Jun 07, 2023
That's the beauty of working in government - it opens doors to international and juicy appointments, but appointing Lai Mohammed gives me goose pimples though.

They should be wary of a character like Lai Mohammed who would see white and call it black. I don't want to believe that Ballard Partners is a lobbying firm that sells lies!

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by RacistProudIgbo: 10:18am On Jun 07, 2023
Foolish man with foolish bihari and foolish Billard he want to work for.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by SadiqBabaSani: 10:19am On Jun 07, 2023
Lai can never get recommendations from any reputable entity.

Even Tinubu the election thief will not recommend liar Muhammed

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by ojoadeola: 10:20am On Jun 07, 2023
Congratulations to him

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by inoki247: 10:24am On Jun 07, 2023
Lol believe in ur sef if na lie u sabi oga Continue one day u go make urself proud ...

8 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by mrvitalis(m): 10:26am On Jun 07, 2023
"managing partner'" and they are making it look like he was offered a job

Lao should come and tell us how much is the buy-in for a managing partner

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by RenaissanceGuy: 10:34am On Jun 07, 2023
This is not safe and has to be against the law. How can a person who occupied such a sensitive post as information minister suddenly start working for an international lobbying organisation??
If NIA or DSS really know their job, they'd call him privately and tell him to back off.
neutralmind:

It is not against any law. Kindly take note
Really? I know that of the president that he can't work for any international/foreign organisation until after at least 10 years. I just don't know if it applies to other officials.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by Ihateheadslamer: 10:39am On Jun 07, 2023
Seconded
SmartPolician:
That's the beauty of working in government - it opens doors to international and juicy appointments, but appointing Lai Mohammed gives me goose pimples though.

They should beware of a character like Lai Mohammed who would see white and call it black. I don't want to believe that Ballard Partners is a lobbying firm that sells lies!

6 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by meolaniyi(m): 10:43am On Jun 07, 2023
Nigeria is programmed to fail. Shame on Nigeia
Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by B3sty(m): 10:43am On Jun 07, 2023
Lai Mohammed, The lying Machine....

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by ORAFA(m): 10:51am On Jun 07, 2023
Congratulations thief
Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by BigBlackPreek(m): 10:52am On Jun 07, 2023
Congratulations Mr Lai
Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by ignis: 10:52am On Jun 07, 2023
Lai Mohammed, the man that lies for a living. His children should be ashamed of him.
Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by Peejayz: 10:52am On Jun 07, 2023
I will miss his lies ..

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by easzypeaszy(m): 10:52am On Jun 07, 2023
Stop lying and tell us he went back to wer he kept his stolen money
Who will gv dis one any job offer.

10 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by UselessBuharist: 10:53am On Jun 07, 2023
Finally his lies paid off. Africa liar No. 1

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by Houseofglam7(f): 10:53am On Jun 07, 2023
🫤
Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 07, 2023
If this news is true...then it's a minus for nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by Infobase101: 10:55am On Jun 07, 2023
What!

So he has become an internationally certified liar!

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by DOM7: 10:55am On Jun 07, 2023
One of the respected government officials you Said? One of the useless and clueless should be rather.

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by Omosorire: 10:56am On Jun 07, 2023
SportFm:

https://punchng.com/lai-mohammed-gets-international-lobbying-job/?amp

International Lying Job you meant to say? cool[i][/i]

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by MrGreenMavro: 10:57am On Jun 07, 2023
Hmm
Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by Timfreds(m): 10:59am On Jun 07, 2023
This is not a job offer.
He only use Nigeria money he acquired under Buhari to open their office for himself in Abuja. Same propaganda.

7 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by pandoragirigory: 11:00am On Jun 07, 2023
Congratulations
Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by israelmao(m): 11:00am On Jun 07, 2023
May Lai not destroy that firm with lies.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by AntiChristian: 11:03am On Jun 07, 2023
May God Bless him and forgive him where he erred!

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by neutralmind: 11:04am On Jun 07, 2023
Ok
Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by wordproof: 11:04am On Jun 07, 2023
For clarity Ballard Partners is a propaganda firm not a lobbying firm.

Their first mandate will be to take hold of Twitter and other social media networks in Nigeria and spin a pro Tinubu propaganda/narrative...believe me when I say they are really good at it, Obidients should brace up.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Gets International Lobbying Job by YouandiAllofus: 11:05am On Jun 07, 2023
The lying machine is going global to flood the world with lies! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Ministers Lose Severance Package / Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) / CAN Wants The FG To Relocate Nigerian Embassy To Jerusalem - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.