Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,366 members, 7,836,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami (33267 Views)

Victor Osimhen Said He Would Rather Go To MLS Than Join The Saudi Pro League / Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name / FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by princeade86(m): 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

MLS clubs do not get relegated. The American league system is different from the European system...which can be confusing for European league players and coaches.

As this article puts it

the league dey confusing truly I swear.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by Julius1995(m): 5:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
Lol. Clown. Is Saudi not even more competitive than the US league. Dey whine yourself.
Almiron:
Leo Messi actually turned down €1.2 BILLION to play in Saudi Arabia.

We told y'all pendu fantoys that the GOAT won't go to camel's league, no matter how much dem offer him. Saudi if for finished players, my fav still dey ball. He go ball till 40 atleast.

Inter Miami FC got a new fan, time to order their original jersey, thank God MLS is easy to watch, even DSTV dey show am.

Anywhere LEO go i go.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by obaidan: 5:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
Inter Miami have won the race to sign Messi with the help of commercial partners Apple and adidas. The Athletic have reported that the World Cup winner is set to a share of revenue from Apple TV+'s MLS Season Pass, while adidas have offered him a profit-sharing agreement to strengthen their long-term relationship.

shares of Apple revenue, profit-sharing in Adidas..these are 2 companies that will never go down.......
This is huge, very very huge...more than whatever money was offered to anyone elsewhere...

Doesn't get bigger than that

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by nairalanda1(m): 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2023
lhordspy:

That is unseriosness not football. No wonder they call it soccer.

Actually soccer was first coined by the British., and it is called that sometimes to differentiate it from other football codes like Rugby, American football, and Australian Rules Football...which also call themselves football (it gets confusing, lol).

The MLS system is borrowed from other sports like the NBA...which has no relegation or promotion either, and the MLB, and the NFL. Hasn't hurt the US in sports much (the NBA has produced several Olympic winning teams.).

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by Fineman2: 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
Congrats to him, he doesn't want unnecessary pressure from anybody again

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by princeade86(m): 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2023
Almiron:

We told y'all pendu fantoys that the GOAT won't go to camel's league, no matter how much dem offer him. Saudi if for finished players, my fav still dey ball. He go ball till 40 atleast.

Inter Miami FC got a new fan, time to order their original jersey, thank God MLS is easy to watch, even DSTV dey show am.

Anywhere LEO go i go.
dey play. Just dey play. Dey follow Media shotigbo. No team in Saudi Arabia league ever made such approach to sign him with such amount. Think well. What will he command for them if they pay him such amount.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by olatade(m): 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2023
Messi leaving European football at age 35 when he is still at the top of his game is criminal. He still had 1-3 years left playing at the highest level in Europe. It will leave a small dent in his legacy which up until now was pristine. I just can’t believe it.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by Angel55555(m): 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2023
lhordspy:
What's he thinking? How can you reject barcelona and a £1billion dollar deal to saudi Arabia just to play in a league where mass shooting is on the high.

Inter-miami is even fighting relegation for fvck sake... angry

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by Angel55555(m): 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2023
lhordspy:
What's he thinking? How can you reject barcelona and a £1billion dollar deal to saudi Arabia just to play in a league where mass shooting is on the high.

There is no relegation system in the MLS.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by AngelicBeing: 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2023
wink

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by dyera(m): 5:11pm On Jun 07, 2023
If you also thought it was inter Milan.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by Amayabor1: 5:11pm On Jun 07, 2023
lhordspy:

America and saudi arabia football league are in the same category. grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by nairalanda1(m): 5:11pm On Jun 07, 2023
princeade86:
the league dey confusing truly I swear.

Yes o. But if you watch NBA basketball for example, it would not be that confusing. (NBA runs a similar system).

Another thing. The club that comes last in the MLS gets its pick of the best young players the following season.(most MLS players are recruited from college.).

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by nairalanda1(m): 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2023
Amayabor1:

America and saudi arabia football league are in the same category. grin

Saudi league has relegation and promotion, like every other sane footballing counrty.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by JohnBullMySon: 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2023
lhordspy:

Relegation grin grin grin cheesy

It's like once you hear America your dick rises and you start writing without thinking.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by Dexy4yah(m): 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2023
Messi go rubbish defenders for that league tire....

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by Bfly: 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2023
Messi is too early to leave europe.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by todugo(m): 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2023
Emu4life:
Which kind bad news be dz?? Almiron, are you sure about this?

grin grin I am gathering all troll memes for Pessifanz . Una go hear am grin

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by ololololo: 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2023
This is a package deal between Barcelona and Inter Miami. Due to the precarious nature of Barca's finance, they obviously can't afford him. Instead, Messi will be "signed" by Inter Miami who will immediately loan him to Barcelona. Just watch...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by alobright17(m): 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2023
lhordspy:

This broke guys ehh the way you people will be advising billionaires in dollars for free amazes me.

The next is to advise dangote where he would've built his factories.

Messi has nothing else to achieve in Europe,you don't have more sense than him either. So rest

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by Dexy4yah(m): 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2023
Bfly:
Messi is too early to leave europe.
As in eeeh.
Him for come light up premier league small before retirement.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by OJEEMAH(m): 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2023
princeade86:
but they allow cr7, king benz their 💯 image right. They won't share with anybody. So their offer best to Messi own.
did you see “one of the best Football history?”

Do you even know how much apple and addidas generates?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by AfonjaConehead: 5:19pm On Jun 07, 2023
Inter Milan..oops! Inter MIAMI grin
Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by Emu4life(m): 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2023
todugo:

grin grin I am gathering all troll memes for Pessifanz . Una go hear am grin
Lol, trolling stopped on 18 Dec, 2022 in Lusail, Dohagringrin The World Cup pix is always our Shield against banterscheesy

10 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by OJEEMAH(m): 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2023
olatade:
Messi leaving European football at age 35 when he is still at the top of his game is criminal. He still had 1-3 years left playing at the highest level in Europe. It will leave a small dent in his legacy which up until now was pristine. I just can’t believe it.
What else can Europe offer him that he hasn’t won already?

Can Europe offer sharing revenue with apple and profit sharing with addidas?

Fgs, he’s a World Cup and multiple UCL winner

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by Ade1177: 5:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
olatade:

See why me I no gbadun this Messi

Ronaldo at 37 was banging

He became slow when he was 38

Messi is 35 and no longer feel the need to compete

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2023
Wow! Great work by David Beckam and the board

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by kevapet: 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
lhordspy:

I think it's all a ploy for Barca to eventually sign him on loan after. Well that was the news on every Barcas fan page ever since. Barcelona still can't afford to buy him because of the laliga financial fairplay. Funny enough Messi is already an ambassador to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, I have no clue how much he earns as an ambassador to the country but i guess it's one of the reasons why he doesn't really care about the 1billi offer. I think Messi wish to retire at Barcelona but Tebas is the devil.

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by PepeXKermit: 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
Almiron:

Anywhere LEO go i go.

Saudi League is far more important, recognized and harder than MLS. he wants to go there to increase his scoring tally.

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by Ade1177: 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
OJEEMAH:
What else can Europe offer him that he hasn’t won already?

Can Europe offer sharing revenue with apple and profit sharing with addidas?

Fgs, he’s a World Cup and multiple UCL winner

Why not go back for the fans of Barcelona

Or go to Saudi

And give us an el cassico of Ronaldo vs Messi

The guy just shattered football

Ronaldo went back to united not because he didn't know they were not his level

But because of the Fans begging him to come back home for 11 yrs

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by Noah94(m): 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
lhordspy:

There's nothing like relegation in the MLS.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami by OJEEMAH(m): 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2023
Ade1177:

See why me I no gbadun this Messi

Ronaldo at 37 was banging

He became slow when he was 38

Messi is 35 and no longer feel the need to compete
who cares?

The man completed football in December. Meanwhile, he will be 36 next month.

Plus which Ronaldo was banging goals at 37? The one that flopped in the just concluded World Cup?

Banging goals and no team wanted to sign him in Europe.

Why una like dey deceive unasef?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Rabiu Ibrahim Collapsed On The Pitch, Rushed To Hospital / Describe Golden Eaglets In One Word? / Kamaru Usman Defeats Tyron Woodley, Becomes First African-born UFC Champion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.