Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai (38855 Views)

Princewill: Split Votes Between Supporters Of Obi, Atiku May Give Tinubu Victory / Which States Will Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? / Why We Used Buhari’s Teeth-Picking Picture For Illustration- Scottish University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by Agadinaagwuofe: 9:03am On Jun 08, 2023
rockspecie:
Any right thinking person should not listen to what some people are saying that their formula paved way for president Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Wẹ should not allow anyone to divide us along tribal and religious line. South-westerners are not bent on producing a Christian as a president amidst them. One of the things they consider is your competence moral record etc.

The actors that perpetuated the deal are telling you exactly what happened but you still chose to believe your delusion. Every right thinking Nigeria knows the Muslim Muslim ticket was a strategic advantage so it's left for you to admit it or continue living your lies.

1 Like

Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by Glimpsetv: 9:03am On Jun 08, 2023
KEVIND:

https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1666507443315023872?t=9GorW5xXxCdiExZ980db9g&s=01

OP, you can insert the video evidence, here is the link to the translated version of his speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91J6CEwelqo

1 Like

Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by mhmsadyq(m): 9:05am On Jun 08, 2023
rippa:

again, obi won this election squarely.

secondly GEJ won due to power of incumbency then in 2011. we all saw how thousands of people were killed and murdered in the northern immediately he was declared winner. GEJ didnt want to follow that part in 2015 that was why he just conceded immediately. fayose even urged him to remove jaga because he is a northern agenda and postponed the election, but GEj said no and just allow the whole thing to go.
OBJ in 1999 was an agreement of the powerful nothern generals in the army to hand power to the south. they simply told their northern brothers to back down. the election was btw olu falae and OBJ both from SW
in 2003, it was an easy one for OBJ because the agreement continue. even in 2007 when it was looking likely that Odili will pick the PDP ticket, OBJ have to honour that agreement by telling all of them including donald duke of cross river state that power must return to the north and they must step down. yaradua was a last minute pick. he wasnt even in the race.

rigging gave tinubu the presidency, he did not win the votes.

Dreamer!
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by Nvestor02: 9:05am On Jun 08, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

Read it well, I said to Muslims, I never said to xtians...

It should be clearly comprehensible to u.

Even with that, Yoruba Muslim are still more in population with a slight edge.
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by Ventura1: 9:05am On Jun 08, 2023
He talk, yet cannot deliver Kaduna to Tinubu.
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by Agadinaagwuofe: 9:06am On Jun 08, 2023
mhmsadyq:

This one must be talking about a Kaduna on another planet.

The Kaduna in Nigeria is overwhelmingly Muslims.
The Igbos are the ones giving Kaduna Christians a false ginger that they amount anything politically in Kaduna state.

What El rufai has done was to prove it in concrete terms that they don't matter politically in Kaduna state.

The Muslims are only been benevolent by giving them deputy slot.

This is the ugly naked truth that many people don't want to understand but they wants to keep living their lies.
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by depezee(m): 9:06am On Jun 08, 2023
HacheNoire:
Opposition fell for religious trap!

The online figures of Christianity being the predominant religion fooled them! They failed to consider tribes and its affiliations!

Peter should just use what’s left of his stash to open a pig farm. Tinubu won the election the day Peter entered the presidential race! That split vote really helped

Religion did not give your Thifunubu the presidential ticket, rather corrupt Mahmoud did, which will be overturned by the tribunal.
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by Jahwinaboy(m): 9:07am On Jun 08, 2023
Throwback:
Very honest disclosure from the malam.

Even Tinubu knows he is indebted to you for the role you played in ensuring he overcame the obstacles within APC to get the ticket.

Nasir el Rufai has shown how trustworthy he is.
Trustworthy and Apc lost Kaduna ? How was he influential in his state? Dey play

1 Like

Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by OlawaleBammie: 9:08am On Jun 08, 2023
Nvestor02:

Even with that, Yoruba Muslim are still more in population with a slight edge.

Oya, state ur rough stats as I did earlier let compare
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by Fujiyama: 9:09am On Jun 08, 2023
Sunmolar:
Religion or not, Tinubu won because God allowed it. Tinubu is not ruled by religion, he's ruled by Godliness and Love for humanity.

All the bigots using religion to spread hatred among Nigerian will receive their rewards in full.

b3llo:
It's not Muslim Muslim ticket that brought Tinubu to power but Goodwill and track record. Am a Christian and I support Jagaban

Nvestor02:
Nobody use religion to decieve anybody, na the person you present is the best ND that's why many people including christians voted him.

My mom is a Christian and she voted for him. Muslim are the majority in South West, after Obasanjo, there is no way that Yoruba christians will first Muslim to be president.

Even though this election is base on Competency not about religion

Redemption77:
This man is an idiat aswear sad . And STFU! You didn't nobody no victory. I hate it when everyone starts claiming the "if not for me" BS!

Basic123:
TINUBU won base on track records! and division in opposition....not a Muslim-muslim ticket

LARRYOBRAIN:
El Rufai is a liar and from hell
Tinubu did not won because of Muslim - Muslim ticket, he won because of competent and game plan.
Useless HellRufai.
He want to destroy Nigeria, God will destroy him. His successor claimed he was dinning with bandits and terrorists.

renderme:
El rufai can use his mouth to say whatever he wants. He does not speak for Tinubu. We southwesterners know why we voted tinubu.

rockspecie:
Any right thinking person should not listen to what some people are saying that their formula paved way for president Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Wẹ should not allow anyone to divide us along tribal and religious line. South-westerners are not bent on producing a Christian as a president amidst them. One of the things they consider is your competence moral record etc.

^^^
grin grin

El Rufai's only 'crime' here is that he said the quiet part out loud. wink

1 Like

Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by HardBishop: 9:14am On Jun 08, 2023
rippa:

if na obi talk this one, my yoruba brothers would have been on all social media crying and bashing the igbos. nigeria would have been on fire now. but its from their demonic party members so dey will turn deaf and dumb as always
Is my gullible Ibos that think yorubas love them. It has been written that no ibo man will rule this nation... Imagine such stupid effontery? That word is enough for all Ibos to come together and rebuild and develop the southeast. Is just like pouring spittle on the faces of ibos
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by Tonylordman(m): 9:15am On Jun 08, 2023
So Peter obi was right, when he said "DADDY, THIS IS A RELIGIOUS WAR". Hope we will grow above religion in politics some day.
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by HardBishop: 9:16am On Jun 08, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:

This is the ugly naked truth that many people don't want to understand but they wants to keep living their lies.
Even the gbayi pple in Kaduna aren't helping matters.... They all fixed their support for atiku and bat. Yet depending on igbos for everything
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by Levels1(m): 9:17am On Jun 08, 2023
Nvestor02:

Let's put the outcome of the election aside and talk about fact!

How do you come to conclusion that Muslim are not the majority in South West. Oga wake up to the reality.

You need it.

You need what?

What gives you impression of unverified choice of your words.

Won't be joining issues with you but I think have cleared you and as such I expect you to erased lies from your head
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by HardBishop: 9:18am On Jun 08, 2023
Tonylordman:
So Peter obi was right, when he said "DADDY, THIS IS A RELIGIOUS WAR". Hope we will grow above religion in politics some day.
Is a fake manipulation just to dent his image. I don't think Nigeria can habour any Igbo man for president because of hatred for us.
My ibo pple senses are confused, we keep on fighting ourselves
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by obyno82: 9:19am On Jun 08, 2023
Throwback:
Very honest disclosure from the malam.

Even Tinubu knows he is indebted to you for the role you played in ensuring he overcame the obstacles within APC to get the ticket.

Nasir el Rufai has shown how trustworthy he is.

Can you just shut up abeg.
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by MamaletASO: 9:22am On Jun 08, 2023
Abbeytoy:

Call it anything you want, but it doesn't change the fact that every region is peculiar to a certain religion and politics is local.

Pls stop the incitement.
Yolruba are one.. don't let anything divide you people, pls.
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by Abbeytoy(m): 9:23am On Jun 08, 2023
Shattuck:
christians cannot play religious politics but Muslims can, the only reason tinubu won was due to his influence, money and electoral malpractice, is osinbanjo, fayemi not from the southwest are they not christians the only strong Muslim politician from the south west for me is fashola, name any other one who has a national appeal, sanwo olu, ambode are also well known christian politicians even in the south west more christians have held on to top political positions so where did you get your analysis that the southwest does not have christian politicians, look no religion can win election in Nigeria singlehandedly, buhari tried it for years did he win, if Jonathan wanted to rig him out in 2015 he could have, another thing you need to know is this the southwest Muslims are more liberal than their northern counterpart so I don't think your religious politics may have a hold on them as Strongly as it is in the north, if so why did tinubu lose Lagos, and his home state of osun? The Muslims don't call the shot in Nigeria politics their only advantage is the lack of unity in the south.

You're seeing a different picture as a political novice, who among those you mentioned could defeat Atiku?

Even Mama Peace (Patient Jonathan) will floor them both in politics but you people are more emotional than reality.
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by MamaletASO: 9:24am On Jun 08, 2023
donb06:

South West Muslims control the agbero section while south West christians control the academic and industrial section.

That's why after using agberos of the south West ( Muslims) to win elections, they now use the enlightened ones ( christians) to run the government. So everyone knows their place

United we stand.. stop this heiduous statements.. it's not good for ur tribe.. remain one as you have always been...
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by Nvestor02: 9:24am On Jun 08, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

Oya, state ur rough stats as I did earlier let compare

This is not a rough start but fact!!

In Osun Muslims have 65% Christian 30% the rest na for traditional.

In Oyo the Muslim have 60% Christians 35% the rest na for traditionals.

In Ogun, Muslim have 52% christians 47% the na for traditionals.

In Lagos Muslims have 58% christians have 40% the rest na for traditionals.

In Ondo Muslims have 25% christians have 72%... Make traditionals carry the rest.

In Ekiti, Muslim have 17% christians have 81%.. the rest is for traditionals.

NB: there is no huge population in Ondo and Ekiti compare to Kwara.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by juman(m): 9:24am On Jun 08, 2023
There are many senior politicians in their ranks in the north that decide the direction they go not elrufai.
Masari and co are his seniors in their group.
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by 08050486478ami(m): 9:25am On Jun 08, 2023
I have gone through the comments section of topic above and I have come to realise that many of our youths are as brain drained and stupid as their comment. These are the same people clamouring for younger generation to take over governance but unfortunately they are myopic in thinking[color=#000099][/color]
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 08, 2023
HacheNoire:
Opposition fell for religious trap!

The online figures of Christianity being the predominant religion fooled them! They failed to consider tribes and its affiliations!

Peter should just use what’s left of his stash to open a pig farm. Tinubu won the election the day Peter entered the presidential race! That split vote really helped
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 9:25am On Jun 08, 2023
He didn't play any role and should stop saying rubbish.
Fujiyama:

^^^
grin grin

El Rufai's only 'crime' here is that he said the quiet part out loud. wink

Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by OlawaleBammie: 9:25am On Jun 08, 2023
Nvestor02:

This is not a rough start but fact!!

In Osun Muslims have 65% Christian 30% the rest na for traditional.

In Oyo the Muslim have 60% Christians 35% the rest na for traditionals.

In Ogun, Muslim have 52% christians 47% the na for traditionals.

In Lagos Muslims have 58% christians have 40% the rest na for traditionals.

In Ondo Muslims have 25% christians have 72%... Make traditionals carry the rest.

In Ekiti, Muslim have 17% christians have 81%.. the rest is for traditionals.

NB: there is no huge population in Ondo and Ekiti compare to Kwara.

now do the average, though I don't belive the bogus figure
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by Nvestor02: 9:26am On Jun 08, 2023
donb06:

South West Muslims control the agbero section while south West christians control the academic and industrial section.

That's why after using agberos of the south West ( Muslims) to win elections, they now use the enlightened ones ( christians) to run the government. So everyone knows their place

If I talk now, you will cry islamisation
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by Topmaike007(m): 9:27am On Jun 08, 2023
Nvestor02:
Nobody use religion to decieve anybody, na the person you present is the best ND that's why many people including christians voted him.

My mom is a Christian and she voted for him.

Peter Obi also use religion card to push his
wrecked ambition but still failed because Nigerians are too smart to fall for his LIES.

The Kaduna christians has a less population and even most of them are not indigenes. Make you guys stop asking for what you cannot give.

Muslim are the majority in South West, after Obasanjo, there is no way that Yoruba christians will first Muslim to be president.

Even though this election is base on Competency not about religion

On killings of Christians, I don't support that. On also what we are facing in NIgeria is insecurity and even Muslims are the biggest victim.
Muslims biggest victim in nasarawa,Jos, southern Kaduna,Benue,Owo Massacare,Bauchi Deborah killing in Sokoto? ABI is it the Muslims in Palestine you are referring to because if it is Nigeria Muslim then I will say you are lying undecided

1 Like

Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by juman(m): 9:27am On Jun 08, 2023
I believe Nigerians would not vote only based on religion.
Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by Agadinaagwuofe: 9:27am On Jun 08, 2023
HardBishop:

Even the gbayi pple in Kaduna aren't helping matters.... They all fixed their support for atiku and bat. Yet depending on igbos for everything

This is just the problem I always have with the Christian communities, Muslims are slowly showing their domination and everyone is feeling I don't care few years when it becomes glaring you will hear them shouting blue murder. El rufai did the test running and BAT has confirmed it, I will not be surprised when subsequent contestants will start applying that same strategy, it simply results to Christians will be short-changed, forget the recent appointments and window dressing of appointing christians, it is to save face. It is glaring now that Muslims don't need Christians to win general election in Nigeria. That's the hidden truth nobody will wants to agree but it's the truth.

3 Likes

Re: How We Used Religion To Give Tinubu Victory – El-Rufai by Abbeytoy(m): 9:27am On Jun 08, 2023
MamaletASO:

Pls stop the incitement.
Yolruba are one.. don't let anything divide you, people, pls.

Where did you see me inciting anyone? I am not a negative thinker. I only state the obvious, anyone can choose to stay blind to it but it won't change anything.

Religion should be a private thing, and once you started playing it, you're a goner, especially in the southwest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tinubu Rally: Adeleke Under Fire For Withdrawing Market Women’s Vehicles / Okonjo-Iweala Dancing To Psquare's 'Chop My Money' - Video / Why Does Naira Appreciate Whenever Buhari Travels?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.