Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,695 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy (2365 Views)

How Many Children Is More Reliable In A Monogamy Family / Monogamy Is Unnatural / Agony Of Monogamy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by Belafonte(m): 6:21pm On Jun 10, 2023
Hathor5:

Experience and personal observations vs. research. smiley

I'm not playing anecdotes above research but I know the term research has been bastardized. It doesn't carry the weight it used to because of the agendas it supports. However, I'm not going to underestimate women either, if that makes sense grin cheesy. I deal with you guys like yall are sweet snakes, with extreme caution
Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by wagzy37: 7:11pm On Jun 10, 2023
Escapist:

You feel you know women better than women themselves?

Actually women DONT know much about themselves and aren’t as different from each other as they think. That’s why security, provision and guidance is what they seek in men. It’s irrefutable. Do you want a man below your level in competence, intelligence and capacity? No? Congrats! You and 99% of women have the same needs. Only men lacking in these things will agree to share a woman.
Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by wagzy37: 7:34pm On Jun 10, 2023
Hathor5:

Research contradicts your opinion and you may not like it but it is what it is, research.

You’re wrong and it’s not even close. As living species, the aim for existence is survival and reproduction. And RESEARCH shows that human species have innate animalistic tendencies when limits are pushed.
If you don’t understand what I just stated there, it simply means that every one is capable of anything. It is what guarantees them survival and successful propagation of their seeds that becomes reality. Reality has also shown that a woman having multiple men is not optimal.
Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by Brandiebird: 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2023
This is a C&P job of some wack website. If you accessed the actual study, you’d see the sample group, their demographics, and how the study was conducted. The original study could have used white, rich, undergraduates from some university in the USA and so it reflects that small sample and could not be generalised to the wider population.

Women don’t have sex to have sex like men do, instead they have sex to bond. A woman with more than one sexual partner at a time would cause her more problems mentally than it would a man. Being a healthy woman is enough! There is power in femininity.
Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by Biglittlelois(f): 8:21pm On Jun 10, 2023
cococandy:

Stupid question. What does my supposed single motherhood have to do with your glaring hypocrisy. You don’t think a man should share his woman because it means he doesn’t know his worth. Yet you can’t apply the same common sense to your hypocrisy of thinking it’s okay for women to do so.

Some of you don’t have the IQ of a gnat. You especially. I feel like I already know your other accounts because there’s no way two or more people of the exact same mental deficit exist in the same space at the same time. It’s gotta be you and your weird lopsided logic

Lmao what 🤣

5 Likes

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by Hathor5(f): 9:37pm On Jun 10, 2023
wagzy37:

You’re wrong and it’s not even close. As living species, the aim for existence is survival and reproduction. And RESEARCH shows that human species have innate animalistic tendencies when limits are pushed.
If you don’t understand what I just stated there, it simply means that every one is capable of anything. It is what guarantees them survival and successful propagation of their seeds that becomes reality. Reality has also shown that a woman having multiple men is not optimal.

You have just contradicted yourself. I won`t take the time to explain it and allow you to believe whatver you choose to.

3 Likes

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by Hathor5(f): 9:38pm On Jun 10, 2023
Brandiebird:
This is a C&P job of some wack website. If you accessed the actual study, you’d see the sample group, their demographics, and how the study was conducted. The original study could have used white, rich, undergraduates from some university in the USA and so it reflects that small sample and could not be generalised to the wider population.

Women don’t have sex to have sex like men do, instead they have sex to bond. A woman with more than one sexual partner at a time would cause her more problems mentally than it would a man. Being a healthy woman is enough! There is power in femininity.

Wack website? grin This is THE ATLANTIC. One of the oldest newspapers in the US.

The article cites several studies from Britain, Finland and Germany among others. How you came up with the above I can`t explain but in your quest to sound smart you have proven intellectual laziness.

4 Likes

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by Hathor5(f): 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2023
Belafonte:

I'm not playing anecdotes above research but I know the term research has been bastardized. It doesn't carry the weight it used to because of the agendas it supports. However, I'm not going to underestimate women either, if that makes sense grin cheesy. I deal with you guys like yall are sweet snakes, with extreme caution

Fair enough but if next time Lady Belafonte brings up migraine or back pain or stress and fatigue, cut her some slack and give her the benefit of the doubt before you take it personal. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by Belafonte(m): 9:50pm On Jun 10, 2023
Hathor5:

Fair enough but if next time Lady Belafonte brings up migraine or back pain or stress and fatigue, cut her some slack and give her the benefit of the doubt before you take it personal. cheesy

I no be winch na. I'm as soft as Agege bread grin. However, I think I've acquired the knack of knowing when to take her serious and when not to grin cheesy. So not all headaches are headaches as far as I'm concerned tongue

1 Like

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by cococandy(f): 10:22pm On Jun 10, 2023
Biglittlelois:

Lmao what 🤣

Yes indeed. It’s gotta be the same person

4 Likes

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by cococandy(f): 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2023
All the nonsense you guys tell yourselves to make you feel better about the BS you believe and peddle in
Brandiebird:

6 Likes

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by Biglittlelois(f): 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2023
cococandy:

Yes indeed. It’s gotta be the same person

I have no doubt 😂

5 Likes

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by cococandy(f): 10:33pm On Jun 10, 2023
wagzy37:

Actually women DONT know much about themselves and aren’t as different from each other as they think. That’s why security, provision and guidance is what they seek in men. It’s irrefutable. Do you want a man below your level in competence, intelligence and capacity? No? Congrats! You and 99% of women have the same needs. Only men lacking in these things will agree to share a woman.

Women seek guidance in men? Guidance on what please? Men can’t even process and express their own thoughts and feelings are guiding women? Guiding us into what nitoru oloun ?

You think by adding “it’s irrefutable” after a long spiel of jargon it becomes fact?

Yes men can and are often below women in capacity, intelligence and competence. and Vice versa. Humans are different. So it depends on the individual and what exactly they are most capable at.

As far as general day to day existence and navigating the world, men are not more capable than women. I’d even argue otherwise because for most of you, your homes fall apart when mom is incapacitated for two weeks. Can’t survive a few months without looking for another woman to keep things running. Whereas woman who has money probably won’t be needing anything from anyone unless she chooses to.

Actually look at the world and FACTS around you before regurgitating nonsense.

7 Likes

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by wagzy37: 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2023
cococandy:

Women seek guidance in men? Guidance on what please? Men can’t even process and express their own thoughts and feelings are guiding women? Guiding us into what nitoru oloun ?

You think by adding “it’s irrefutable” after a long spiel of jargon it becomes fact?

Yes men can and are often below women in capacity, intelligence and competence. and Vice versa. Humans are different. So it depends on the individual and what exactly they are most capable at.

As far as general day to day existence and navigating the world, men are not more capable than women. I’d even argue otherwise because for most of you, your homes fall apart when mom is incapacitated for two weeks. Can’t survive a few months without looking for another woman to keep things running. Whereas woman who has money probably won’t be needing anything from anyone unless she chooses to.

Actually look at the world and FACTS around you before regurgitating nonsense.

Ignorance is allowed. But arrogance is what should be avoided. You can’t be arrogant in your ignorance.
What have women built in this world? EVERYTHING you enjoy today were built by men. The world works because men built it. The mining, roads/bridges, the cars you foolishly flaunt to ‘pepper’ others, the internet infrastructure, the skyscrapers, the shipping/importation… even TAMPONS! All built by men. I really can go on.. If that’s not competence, I don’t know what is.

And you cannot use ‘often’ in comparisons between 2 parties and say vice versa. Doesn’t make any sense.

You never answered the question. Would you marry a man lower in competence/intelligence/capacity than you? If you won’t, shut it!
Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by wagzy37: 10:52pm On Jun 10, 2023
Hathor5:

You have just contradicted yourself. I won`t take the time to explain it and allow you to believe whatver you choose to.

Or you can’t articulate yourself? Either way. Whatever suites you grin
Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by cococandy(f): 11:31pm On Jun 10, 2023
The nerve of the ignoramus calling someone ignorant.

You’re loud, wrong and unable to learn. You can’t be taught and that’s very unfortunate for you because it’s clear you won’t let yourself benefit from this interaction seeing as your ego is bigger than your brain.

A little but if research would have taught you how many of these inventions were made by women even while being actively oppressed, barred from learning, reading, writing, math and medicine. Some disguised as men in order to be accepted into colleges. Despite the active war on women’s education, they put themselves out there and did it.

And when men could, they took credit for it without props to the women who built it. You’re so ignorant it hurts. That fact that you don’t know these already publicly debunked facts that men built everything.
What are you? Mentally stuck in 2001?

There’s no married man today that’s married to a woman of lower intelligence and capacity than him. Men are simply not more intelligent or more capable than women. They Never have been.
wagzy37:

Ignorance is allowed. But arrogance is what should be avoided. You can’t be arrogant in your ignorance.
What have women built in this world? EVERYTHING you enjoy today were built by men. The world works because men built it. The mining, roads/bridges, the cars you foolishly flaunt to ‘pepper’ others, the internet infrastructure, the skyscrapers, the shipping/importation… even TAMPONS! All built by men. I really can go on.. If that’s not competence, I don’t know what is.

And you cannot use ‘often’ in comparisons between 2 parties and say vice versa. Doesn’t make any sense.

You never answered the question. Would you marry a man lower in competence/intelligence/capacity than you? If you won’t, shut it!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by cococandy(f): 11:43pm On Jun 10, 2023
cheesy
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=6583937&post=102479385

It’s not today your senselessness started sha

6 Likes

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by wagzy37: 12:11am On Jun 11, 2023
cococandy:
The nerve of the ignoramus calling someone ignorant.

You’re loud, wrong and unable to learn. You can’t be taught and that’s very unfortunate for you because it’s clear you won’t let yourself benefit from this interaction seeing as your ego is bigger than your brain.

A little but if research would have taught you how many of these inventions were made by women even while being actively oppressed, barred from learning, reading, writing, math and medicine. Some disguised as men in order to be accepted into colleges. Despite the active war on women’s education, they put themselves out there and did it.

And when men could, they took credit for it without props to the women who built it. You’re so ignorant it hurts. That fact that you don’t know these already publicly debunked facts that men built everything.
What are you? Mentally stuck in 2001?

There’s no married man today that’s married to a woman of lower intelligence and capacity than him. Men are simply not more intelligent or more capable than women. They Never have been.

I have noticed you on this website to be uncouth and quite frankly, deficient in critical thinking skills (honestly it’ll be nice if that was an insult). No one wants a battle between men and women but you especially are too insistent in making a mockery of your gender. Well, I blame the low IQ guys on here that can’t state their points.

Women NEVER invented most of anything. Did they have an input in some inventions? Yes. Did they make some inventions better? Yes. But overwhelmingly didn’t do anything from inception in history. Publicly debunked facts?? Are you on your period?
Infact, let’s take your ludicrous argument on women inventing stuff as ‘fact’. Women have had the highest level of freedom ever in existence for well more than a decade or 2 now. Gender inclusion in the workforce is a real thing across the world today. WHAT HAVE WOMEN BUILT TODAY

Women percentages in STEM disciplines is still very low compared to men across the world. Egalitarian societies (that you are trying to model your arguments around) have realized that given the freedom to make choices, women will rather work in human and social related disciplines than work in actual areas that actually invent things.

To your point of intelligence. Do not let your lack of comprehension reflect publicly. Men will marry a girl on the streets with no degree or anything as long as she’s pretty, agreeable and can provide him satisfaction. Women overwhelmingly will not do the same. That’s why I asked the question. Your feminist ass will want heaven and more from men before you decide to be with them. Men are far more competent than women.. I won’t even school you on that one because at this point I’ll be confirming what everyone already knows.

2 Likes

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by wagzy37: 12:14am On Jun 11, 2023
cococandy:
cheesy
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=6583937&post=102479385

It’s not today your senselessness started sha

And your ‘sensefulness’ believes otherwise? Get in the kitchen my dear!
Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by cococandy(f): 12:18am On Jun 11, 2023
You’ll know the ones whose “facts” come from incel podcast when you see them. Usually brain dead and unable to receive new information.
A lost cause
wagzy37:

I have noticed you on this website to be uncouth and quite frankly, deficient in critical thinking skills (honestly it’ll be nice if that was an insult). No one wants a battle between men and women but you especially are too insistent in making a mockery of your gender. Well, I blame the low IQ guys on here that can’t state their points.

Women NEVER invented most of anything. Did they have an input in some inventions? Yes. Did they make some inventions better? Yes. But overwhelmingly didn’t do anything from inception in history. Publicly debunked facts?? Are you on your period?
Infact, let’s take your ludicrous argument on women inventing stuff as ‘fact’. Women have had the highest level of freedom ever in existence for well more than a decade or 2 now. Gender inclusion in the workforce is a real thing across the world today. WHAT HAVE WOMEN BUILT TODAY

Women percentages in STEM disciplines is still very low compared to men across the world. Egalitarian societies (that you are trying to model your arguments around) have realized that given the freedom to make choices, women will rather work in human and social related disciplines than work in actual areas that actually invent things.

To your point of intelligence. Do not let your lack of comprehension reflect publicly. Men will marry a girl on the streets with no degree or anything as long as she’s pretty, agreeable and can provide him satisfaction. Women overwhelmingly will not do the same. That’s why I asked the question. Your feminist ass will want heaven and more from men before you decide to be with them. Men are far more competent than women.. I won’t even school you on that one because at this point I’ll be confirming what everyone already knows.

7 Likes

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by wagzy37: 12:22am On Jun 11, 2023
cococandy:
You’ll know the ones whose “facts” come from incel podcast when you see them. Usually brain dead and unable to receive new information.
A lost cause

That’s some ‘facts’ for your dumbass. Take your L and shut up

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by cococandy(f): 12:36am On Jun 11, 2023
wagzy37:

That’s some ‘facts’ for your dumbass. Take your L and shut up

You’re saying the past decade or two should be enough for women to catch up with the centuries of disenfranchisement that set them behind men for hundreds of years?

When I say your brain level is not up to par for this conversation, I truly mean it. How do you survive in the real world? Truly concerning that you don’t have basic critical thinking skills

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by wagzy37: 2:05am On Jun 11, 2023
cococandy:

You’re saying the past decade or two should be enough for women to catch up with the centuries of disenfranchisement that set them behind men for hundreds of years?

When I say your brain level is not up to par for this conversation, I truly mean it. How do you survive in the real world? Truly concerning that you don’t have basic critical thinking skills

Exactly! You just don’t have critical thinking skills, you lack comprehension skills also and think with your emotions. See why I said men are more competent that women? Infact, women in general are more competent than these feminists.

You said you women were the ones inventing even when suppressed and it was ‘DEBUNKED’ publicly . I used your argument in that context of invention in 2 decades. They should be easily inventing stuff now since they did it before. That just shows you that women didn’t invent nothing and shows how insane your comments are. Only women have the opportunity of sounding dumb and not being cautioned for it.
You were shouting ‘facts’ ‘research’. I told you facts, you said I watched podcasts, I sent you screenshots of facts, you twisted the conversation again.

Again using your argument, Your ignorant and low thinking self should have realized that you don’t need catching up in the 21st century. Even kids are inventing stuff today. The richest women in the world today got their fortune from divorcing men and not creating anything. You dare say men are less competent? You must be outta your mind.

Best chess players - men. Most intelligent persons ever lived - men. Strongest, fastest - men.

Go to school!

1 Like

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by Hathor5(f): 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2023
Belafonte:

I no be winch na. I'm as soft as Agege bread grin. However, I think I've acquired the knack of knowing when to take her serious and when not to grin cheesy. So not all headaches are headaches as far as I'm concerned tongue

grin

1 Like

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by Belafonte(m): 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2023
Hathor5:

grin

Am I right or am I right? grin grin
Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by XAUBulls: 6:15am On Jun 12, 2023
Hathor5:
Please don`t kill the messenger. cheesy

"The Bored Sex

Women, more than men, tend to feel stultified by long-term exclusivity—despite having been taught that they were designed for it.

By Wednesday Martin

(...) Marta Meana of the University of Nevada at Las Vegas spelled it out simply in an interview with me at the annual Society for Sex Therapy and Research conference in 2017. “Long-term relationships are tough on desire, and particularly on female desire,” she said. I was startled by her assertion, which contradicted just about everything I’d internalized over the years about who and how women are sexually. Somehow I, along with nearly everyone else I knew, was stuck on the idea that women are in it for the cuddles as much as the orgasms, and—besides—actually require emotional connection and familiarity to thrive sexually, whereas men chafe against the strictures of monogamy.

But Meana discovered that “institutionalization of the relationship, overfamiliarity, and desexualization of roles” in a long-term heterosexual partnership mess with female passion especially—a conclusion that’s consistent with other recent studies.

“Moving In With Your Boyfriend Can Kill Your Sex Drive” was how Newsweek distilled a 2017 study of more than 11,500 British adults aged 16 to 74. It found that for “women only, lack of interest in sex was higher among those in a relationship of over one year in duration,” and that “women living with a partner were more likely to lack interest in sex than those in other relationship categories.”

A 2012 study of 170 men and women aged 18 to 25 who were in relationships of up to nine years similarly found that women’s sexual desire, but not men’s, “was significantly and negatively predicted by relationship duration after controlling for age, relationship satisfaction, and sexual satisfaction.” Two oft-cited German longitudinal studies, published in 2002 and 2006, show female desire dropping dramatically over 90 months, while men’s holds relatively steady. (Tellingly, women who didn’t live with their partners were spared this amusement-park-ride-like drop—perhaps because they were making an end run around overfamiliarity.) And a Finnish seven-year study of more than 2,100 women, published in 2016, revealed that women’s sexual desire varied depending on relationship status: Those in the same relationship over the study period reported less desire, arousal, and satisfaction. Annika Gunst, one of the study’s co-authors, told me that she and her colleagues initially suspected this might be related to having kids. But when the researchers controlled for that variable, it turned out to have no impact. (...)"

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/02/women-get-bored-sex-long-term-relationships/582736/
Interesting perspectives from "The Atlantic."

Creativity, spontaneous living, and more exclusive relationship strategies can help to minimized the effects of the pressures of everyday living and sexual boredom in those kinda long-term heterosexual relationships. wink
Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by onumadu: 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2023
Cultural context is key to topics like this.

It is interesting that all the studies cited in the OP were in Europe.
None elsewhere.

Fact remains that when it comes to sex, there is a HUGE cultural (psychological and even physiological ) divide between races, continents, nations, and peoples on earth.
I came to this conclusion just by studying sexual practices/inclinations of different nations/tribes in Africa.

Some African tribe's women are far more sexually driven than others, for example. And, for such a tribe, monogamy would be ridiculous.
Some African tribe's men are also far more sexually driven than others, and for them too, monogamy would be ridiculous.
Studies like in the OP simply ignored those racial/ethnic/cultural differences to create a narrative that adds to the problem rather than point to a clear solution.

The problem has always been to use European based studies to superimpose on other regions and continents, and then cite them as proof of some theory.

When it comes to sex, I keep saying it: TO EACH HIS OWN.
Some nation's women are more "hardwired for monogamy" than others, and vice versa.
To imply that ALL nations are somehow covered by the study cited in the OP, would constitute a misinformation.
Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by Klass99(f): 1:12pm On Jun 12, 2023
Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by Mindlog: 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2023
Brandiebird:

Make I laugh small... 😂😂😂

If you dare teach this fallacy in a postgraduate
or even in an undergraduate humann sexuality class in a reputable university, e sure me die say you won't be teaching for long.😂😂😂😂

5 Likes

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by cococandy(f): 3:15pm On Jun 12, 2023
Klass99:
This thread sha - Cococandy you've got no chill at all.......but I like grin. Stop regurgitating nonsense off me completely.
cheesy grin
Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by cococandy(f): 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
onumadu:
Cultural context is key to topics like this.

It is interesting that all the studies cited in the OP were in Europe.
None elsewhere.

Fact remains that when it comes to sex, there is a HUGE cultural (psychological and even physiological ) divide between races, continents, nations, and peoples on earth.
I came to this conclusion just by studying sexual practices/inclinations of different nations/tribes in Africa.

Some African tribe's women are far more sexually driven than others, for example. And, for such a tribe, monogamy would be ridiculous.
Some African tribe's men are also far more sexually driven than others, and for them too, monogamy would be ridiculous.
Studies like in the OP simply ignored those racial/ethnic/cultural differences to create a narrative that adds to the problem rather than point to a clear solution.

The problem has always been to use European based studies to superimpose on other regions and continents, and then cite them as proof of some theory.

When it comes to sex, I keep saying it: TO EACH HIS OWN.
Some nation's women are more "hardwired for monogamy" than others, and vice versa.
To imply that ALL nations are somehow covered by the study cited in the OP, would constitute a misinformation.

There’s no physiological divide between races when it comes to sexuality. Are you kidding me?

6 Likes

Re: Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy by onumadu: 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2023
cococandy:

There’s no physiological divide between races when it comes to sexuality. Are you kidding me?

So, you mean that the sex drive of an average Camerounian MAN and that of a Japanese man is the same?
Scandinavian (and other European) women conduct sexual tourism to Gambia and Senegal.
Don't they have men in Scandinavia?
Is sex drive not a physiological attribute?

African MALE sex drive is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy higher than those of developed countries MEN (the women are entirely different kettle of fish).
If you believe otherwise, you've not been paying CLOSE ATTENTION.
BTW that is why African societies are obsessed with sex and produce almost nothing, and consume everything.
African societies are obsessed with sex because they are dominated by African MEN.
If African men were to forget about sex just a tad, African economies will receive a MASSIVE boost.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have Your Parents Ever Embarrass You? / Nigerian Gay Man Okechukwu Kingsley Uba Opens A Gay Entertainment Company In Abi / What Should I Do To Gain More Weight? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.