Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,425 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos (5161 Views)

Mudashiru Obasa Meets EndSARS Protesters, Signs Petition / Speaker Mudashiru Obasa Reacts To Corruption Allegations Against Him / Mudashiru Obasa Elected Speaker, Lagos State House Of Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by leviaka: 4:39am On Jun 09, 2023
Being an Igbo man who went to both primary and secondary schools here in Lagos , and has assimilated with the Yoruba’s so much and even speak their language , the best man in my wedding was a Yoruba man , the chairman of my wedding was a Yoruba man , the pastor in my local church who officiated was also a Yoruba man of GOD.
I keep wondering why this present day crop of politicians especially the likes of obasa who to me looks so much like an Agbero than a politician, can make such a statement, I like the Yoruba’s as a people and I benefited from Awo”s free education in the 70’s and 80’s we were given free books those days regardless of which part of Nigeria you are from, those days the UPN as a party built massive infrastructures that is why you will see jakande estates in so many parts of the state, I was very young back then and I remember playing football with my Yoruba friends in school, and there was nothing like igbophobia we had Yorubas as Neighbors back then, shagari was the president and ekueme was his vice umezuoke was the speaker Awo a Yoruba man who lost to shagari and who helped to keep the country one during the civil war was never hostile to the igbos after the 1979 elections he took everything like a mature politician and went on with his life there was no threat of “IF YOU don’t vote for me you will have to LEAVE Lagos “we had lots of non indigenes living in surulere and we saw each other as Nigerians but today being married with kids I feel as if am living in a different Nigeria where AGBERO politicians has taken over, the real reason for this outburst is because this man and his cohorts have nothing to offer and we’re surprised by Peter obi’s vote in Lagos and even defeating their mentor tinubu which was a real shocker to him and his likes, they are afraid that they are loosing control of Lagos and it is the reason for this outburst ITS ALL ABOUT FEAR.
1) .Fear of Igbo’s taking over Lagos (which to me is ridiculous)
2).Fear of loosing Lagos to liberal minded Yoruba’s
3).Fear of being seen as failures after buhari’s disastrous 8yrs misrule
4)Fear of exposing their inability to govern properly like jakande
5) fear of loosing the pecks they enjoy in office
TO ME PERSONALLY AS AN IGBO MAN LAGOS belongs TO THE YORUBA’S and it is not a no mans land I have my own land and house in the east why should I call another’s mans land my own (my Igbo brothers should understand the psych of Yoruba people and stop making nasty statements about no mans land) me I know when I retire I will go back to the east and settle down and not be in Lagos , we igbos naturally don’t lose touch with our roots that is why we go back to our states every December , any anti Igbo law (non indigenes laws )will be a disaster it will be a case of the hunter being hunted it will reverberate all over the country
I will only pity Yoruba’s working in oil companies in oil producing regions and those who own oil wells also those who haves moved to other regions Lagos cannot survive without resources from other regions it will be like Detroit Michigan in USA that has lost its past glory. Mr speaker be wise and not do anything stupid LONG LIVE NIGERIA

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by leviaka: 4:41am On Jun 09, 2023
@leviaka is a social commentator

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by Cromagnon: 4:52am On Jun 09, 2023
leviaka:
Being an Igbo man who went to both primary and secondary schools here in Lagos , and has assimilated with the Yoruba’s so much and even speak their language , the best man in my wedding was a Yoruba man , the chairman of my wedding was a Yoruba man , the pastor in my local church who officiated was also a Yoruba man of GOD.
I keep wondering why this present day crop of politicians especially the likes of obasa who to me looks so much like an Agbero than a politician, can make such a statement, I like the Yoruba’s as a people and I benefited from Awo”s free education in the 70’s and 80’s we were given free books those days regardless of which part of Nigeria you are from, those days the UPN as a party built massive infrastructures that is why you will see jakande estates in so many parts of the state, I was very young back then and I remember playing football with my Yoruba friends in school, and there was nothing like igbophobia we had Yorubas as Neighbors back then, shagari was the president and ekueme was his vice umezuoke was the speaker Awo a Yoruba man who lost to shagari and who helped to keep the country one during the civil war was never hostile to the igbos after the 1979 elections he took everything like a mature politician and went on with his life there was no threat of “IF YOU don’t vote for me you will have to LEAVE Lagos “we had lots of non indigenes living in surulere and we saw each other as Nigerians but today being married with kids I feel as if am living in a different Nigeria where AGBERO politicians has taken over, the real reason for this outburst is because this man and his cohorts have nothing to offer and we’re surprised by Peter obi’s vote in Lagos

You do realize they slowed him to win. Look at the governorship figures

and even defeating their mentor tinubu which was a real shocker to him and his likes, they are afraid that they are loosing control of Lagos and it is the reason for this outburst ITS ALL ABOUT FEAR.
1) .Fear of Igbo’s taking over Lagos (which to me is ridiculous)
2).Fear of loosing Lagos to liberal minded Yoruba’s
3).Fear of being seen as failures after buhari’s disastrous 8yrs misrule
4)Fear of exposing their inability to govern properly like jakande
5) fear of loosing the pecks they enjoy in office
TO ME PERSONALLY AS AN IGBO MAN LAGOS belongs TO THE YORUBA’S and it is not a no mans land I have my own land and house in the east why should I call another’s mans land my own (my Igbo brothers should understand the psych of Yoruba people and stop making nasty statements about no mans land) me I know when I retire I will go back to the east and settle down and not be in Lagos , we igbos naturally don’t lose touch with our roots that is why we go back to our states every December , any anti Igbo law (non indigenes laws )will be a disaster it will be a case of the hunter being hunted it will reverberate all over the country
I will only pity Yoruba’s working in oil companies in oil producing regions and those who own oil wells also those who haves moved to other regions Lagos cannot survive without resources from other regions it will be like Detroit Michigan in USA that has lost its past glory. Mr speaker be wise and not do anything stupid LONG LIVE NIGERIA
Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by Jostoman: 5:32am On Jun 09, 2023
The reason why they are trying to make lagos uncomfortable for other tribe in lagos is because of the results of presidential election, the result really shock them.

They were happy that BAT a yoruba man won in Niger state and Zamfara state where we have a northerners like Atiku and kwakwanso as a candidate but when opposition candidate won in lagos they will start attacking other tribe.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by GeneralPula: 5:50am On Jun 09, 2023
Headless mob no gree rest grin

Obasa did not mention non-indigenes at all..

Whatever you manufactured from your head starts and ends there..

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by tolue42(m): 6:02am On Jun 09, 2023
We have other ethnic groups in Lagos , only people from south east has been complaining since yesterday.. what are your fears??

When the host are moving towards the right direction and you outsiders are trying to drag the state backward because a perceived candidate is on the ballot, what do you expect.

Some of you were even saying " though sanwo olu performed in his first term, but because of his closeness to Tinubu most of you won't vote for him", Y'all are ready to destroy Lagos by voting for someone who doesn't even understand governance..

Can't you all imitate Northerners, And some Niger delta people, do your business and stop disturbing your host with Lagos is this, Lagos is that.. Seems like you guys are too comfortable and relaxed here then the next thing is to start dragging politics with locals...

Lagos is a Yoruba land, Obasa will protect the interest of the locals either you like it or not. You can do thesame in any of south east states

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by Dpen11(f): 6:03am On Jun 09, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by HydraFeeds(m): 6:04am On Jun 09, 2023
When you don’t sell your land or make your resources available to some people despite hoarding theirs ,they will call you bigot .

When you sold your land or make your resources available to them ,they will taunt you and say ,you don’t have right anymore after selling all your lands to them .

That was how the Israelites went to Egypt for food because there was famine and drought in their own land but wanted to take over Egypt from the Egyptians to the extent of demonizing Egypt to this date .

5 Likes

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by Mraphel: 6:13am On Jun 09, 2023
Jostoman:
The reason why they are trying to make lagos uncomfortable for other tribe in lagos is because of the results of presidential election, the result really shock them.
It wasn't d result of Lagos presidential at all is to checkmate the excesses of your people. I know you are part of people that will be happy when The eastern says LAGOS IS IGBO LAND that they bought all the lands because it favors ur bigoted esteem. grin grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by kingsceemark(m): 6:14am On Jun 09, 2023
HydraFeeds:
When you don’t sell your land or make your resources available to some people despite hoarding theirs ,they will call you bigot .

When you sold your land or make your resources available to them ,they will taunt you and say ,you don’t have right anymore after selling all your lands to them .

That was how the Israelites went to Egypt for food because there was famine and drought in their own land but wanted to take over Egypt from the Egyptians to the extent of demonizing Egypt to this date .

Yoruba Muslim man quoting Bible, Your father follows the Israelites wey wanted to take over the Egypt go Egypt abi? Dey play just dey play and continue playing

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by HydraFeeds(m): 6:16am On Jun 09, 2023
kingsceemark:

Yoruba Muslim man quoting Bible, dey play just dey play
ethno-religious bigot ,Get a life .

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by kingsceemark(m): 6:19am On Jun 09, 2023
HydraFeeds:
ethno-religious bigot ,Get a life .

Terrorist

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by Jokerman(m): 6:20am On Jun 09, 2023
HydraFeeds:

But Israel is more blessed than Egypt.... Bring in Egypt tortured the Israeli and also made them strong....

8 Likes

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by YouandiAllofus: 6:20am On Jun 09, 2023
The fundamental failures of other states in quality governance over the years gave birth to what is playing out in lagos today. While lagos had achieved most of its developments from the national treasury as former capital, other states should grow their infrastructures to meet the demand of its people. Apart from its strategic location as a vital entry point for sea port activities, there is no other development in lagos that can't be replicated in other states of the country. There was a recent post explaining in detail how warri as a triving city in the 80s became a shadow of its self today. One would expect the leaders of today to learn from history and not repeat it. I don't know whether people have started relocating their establishments from the west, but i can tell you that i ply about 80km of the east west road daily and the number of load laiden containers moving from west - south - east have more than doubled in recent months... Where is the oneness in Nigeria?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by Jokerman(m): 6:22am On Jun 09, 2023
I wish Lagos can pass the laws ... It's will be a catalyst for many other states and peoples to open their eyes.

Especially as well in the SS have docile, greedy and wicked lawmakers, but this Lagos law with open their eyes and hopefully improve our cities as well...

18 Likes

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:22am On Jun 09, 2023
Jostoman:
so. Is it an APC thing or a Yoruba heritage thing ? I find it difficult to understand because many APC Yoruba are saying it's to safeguard the Yoruba heritage but non Yorubas in the APC are asking when their party became a defender of Yoruba heritage alone. In fact, they're already feeling uncomfortable with the shenanigans of their Lagos mob after barely scaling through the last elections. Non politically aligned Yoruba see the planned move by the LASG as the dangerous joke it actually is.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by flokii: 6:22am On Jun 09, 2023
Over 95 peecent of Igbos subscribe to the Lagos is no man's land beer parlour rhetoric and believe someday an Igbo man can govern Lagos which is a pipe dream.

I am in full support of the law simply because it will make the Igbos to start thinking home and finally go home to develop.
Yoruba population is growing and there are no free launch for outsiders anymore. The same way you croseed river Niger into SW is the same way y'all will cross it back to alaigbo when reality finally hits you

22 Likes

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by jahsharon: 6:23am On Jun 09, 2023
If you are not wanted somewhere, leave there and go to your home

13 Likes

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by Jokerman(m): 6:24am On Jun 09, 2023
The only thing that will be affected much will be Lagos real estate Market... Everyone is afraid to buy land in Lagos now, and the ones that bought are already putting them up for sale, so that they can relocate

8 Likes

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by DiscoverID: 6:30am On Jun 09, 2023
Why don't you channel your energy to iboland?

A place where Osu caste system is still going on? A system where fellow ibos are seen as cursed and condemned? A system that forbids marrying from and or to other ibos because they are lesser humans with contaminated bloodline?

9 Likes

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by vacanci: 6:31am On Jun 09, 2023
Why do these guys always play the victim. Is Lagos about only Yoruba and Igbo?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by Mindlog: 6:35am On Jun 09, 2023
flokii:
Over 95 peecent of Igbos subscribe to the Lagos is no man's land beer parlour rhetoric and believe someday an Igbo man can govern Lagos which is a pipe dream.

I am in full support of the law simply because it will make the Igbos to start thinking home and finally go home to develop.
Yoruba population is growing and there are no free launch for outsiders anymore. The same way you croseed river Niger into SW is the same way y'all will cross it back to alaigbo when reality finally hits you

Which reality? Na today! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Until Nigerian finally splits, get used to having non-southwesterners in Lagos as legally resident. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Advocate for the life imprisonment of Yorubas who henceforth sell their landed properties to non-Yorubas, for example there are many face- me-I-face-you buildings up for sale in Ojota as Alhaji don die and his children from his many wives wants to sell them and share the money......and we know where the majority of the serious buyers are coming from. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by onumadu: 6:41am On Jun 09, 2023

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by YouandiAllofus: 6:44am On Jun 09, 2023
Jokerman:
I wish Lagos can pass the laws ... It's will be a catalyst for many other states and peoples to open their eyes.

Especially as well in the SS have docile, greedy and wicked lawmakers, but this Lagos law with open their eyes and hopefully improve our cities as well...
We are quick to judge, condemn and criticize other countries when they propose laws of similar nature. But yet we do to ourselves at home what we condemn other foreigners for.
Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by babyfaceafrica: 6:48am On Jun 09, 2023
Noise
Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by onumadu: 6:51am On Jun 09, 2023
I keep wondering why this present day crop of politicians especially the likes of obasa who to me looks so much like an Agbero than a politician, can make such a statement

Welcome to the truth. Deal with it.
El Rufai just confirmed that there is an Islamic agenda - an agenda to islamize the whole of Nigeria.
The point?
The North has spoken through El rufai
The West is speaking now through this Obasa guy.
Are you ready to speak for your East, or be grovelling seeking sympathy and understanding with a people who have laid their cards on the table?
That is the point.
Nobody cares about who went to school with who or who was born where and who grew up where.
Anybody who is not in his ancestral land is fair game.
If you hate it, go back to your ancestral land.
When Hell-rufai brings his agenda to the East, that is when he will learn that his Islamic interests don't extend there.
And of course the Obasa brothers in the East will face reciprocity whether symmetrically or asymmetrically.

5 Likes

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by KwuoteYourFada: 6:51am On Jun 09, 2023
DiscoverID:
Why don't you channel your energy to iboland?

A place where Osu caste system is still going on? A system where fellow ibos are seen as cursed and condemned? A system that forbids marrying from and or to other ibos because they are lesser humans with contaminated bloodline?

Shut the fvck up

See lamba

You guys literally live to slander Igbos

Do you know the meaning of the word " osu"

Tell me what it means or shut the fvck up

There's no people in Nigeria that love themselves than Igbos our Apprentice system is still being studied .

On a level ground you and Igbos are not mate dem no born Una ancestors well

That's why we live rent free in your heads
Every single non-travelling brown roofer has something to say about osu cheesy because of the lamba their media is feeding them cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by HydraFeeds(m): 6:54am On Jun 09, 2023
Jokerman:

But Israel is more blessed than Egypt.... Bring in Egypt tortured the Israeli and also made them strong....
if Israel was stronger than Egypt,then the 11 big brothers of Joseph wouldn’t abandon their stronghold to go and meet (bow) to their younger brother in Egypt .

Egypt began to torture Israelites when they continue to grow in numbers and wanted to overrun the Egyptians .

Also ,saying Egypt made Israel strong is subjective to argument ,we all know that ancient Egypt’s glory is unparalleled among her contemporaries.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by doffman: 6:56am On Jun 09, 2023
Mindlog:

Which reality? Na today! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Until Nigerian finally splits, get used to having non-southwesterners in Lagos as legally resident. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Advocate for the life imprisonment of Yorubas who henceforth sell their landed properties to non-Yorubas, for example there are many face- me-I-face-you buildings up for sale in Ojota as Alhaji don die and his children from his many wives wants to sell them and share the money......and we know where the majority of the serious buyers are coming from. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This is one of the reason why a type like you should not be allow in Lagos .

You are a dangerous Igbo.

9 Likes

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by Ofunaofu: 6:57am On Jun 09, 2023
Cromagnon:

You do realize they slowed him to win. Look at the governorship figures

I don't understand this your comment

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Why Mudashiru Obasa Is Targeting Non Indigenes Especially The Igbos by KwuoteYourFada: 6:58am On Jun 09, 2023
onumadu:

Welcome to the truth. Deal with it.
El Rufai just confirmed that there is an Islamic agenda - an agenda to islamize the whole of Nigeria.
The point?
The North has spoken through El rufai
The West is speaking now through this Obasa guy.
Are you ready to speak for your East, or be grovelling seeking sympathy and understanding with a people who have laid their cards on the table?
That is the point.
Nobody cares about who went to school with who or who was born where and who grew up where.
Anybody who is not in his ancestral land is fair game.
If you hate it, go back to your ancestral land.
When Hell-rufai brings his agenda to the East, that is when he will learn that his Islamic interests don't extend there.
And of course the Obasa brothers in the East will face reciprocity whether symmetrically or asymmetrically.
See as spit dey pour from your mouth grin

Typical non traveling brown roof living pig spitting on my face grin

You realise there are many yorubas working in oil companies in SE and SS

Orient refinery here na Una people full am cheesy almost all the department.

You people are so pained guess what , nothing will happen

Mark it anywhere grin cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rivers Crisis: See Wike's Trap Against Fubara / JUST IN!!! Gov. Okorocha Loses In Court / Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.