Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,987 members, 7,828,492 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid (41692 Views)

Ghanaian Pastor Flaunts Cash He Received As Offering After Church Service / Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die / Lady Strips Unclad In Church As Pastor Prays For Her(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 09, 2023
ozowarac:
Churches are just a business center.

This is why sometimes I hate coming on nairaland because you cant have sensible conversations while bumping into a dummy every second

Incase you dont know there is what they call HONORARIUM. If john selman should be invited as a guest pastor you think he wont be given something?

And for your information honorarium is not a set price.also mercy chinwo price is not 10million..the pastor gave an example and the blogger twisted what he said...she never had a set price. Shalom
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by SaLongs1(m): 9:35am On Jun 09, 2023
See wickedness abeg, people want to enjoy quality live music without payment!!

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by Iceberg3: 9:43am On Jun 09, 2023
Still doesn't add up...the house of God ain't for business...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 09, 2023
SaLongs1:
See wickedness abeg, people want to enjoy quality live music without payment!!

Leave them...they dont know she has a brand.

But Nigerians will insult Christians trying to gaslight you with "are you not doing it for God" shes still offering a service and should be given honorarium...but the same idiots will pay a lot of money to see asake perform but when it's a chriatian they say she is a thief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by Phantom233: 9:47am On Jun 09, 2023
Beremx:
Because she was called out for charging money for her shows, now we are hearing for the first time she's giving offering in church.

Odiegwu
No mind them, Gospel is not hip-hop and afrobeat that there'll be competing with burna boy and co. Gospel is all about scacrifial services. if she.needs mega monies she should organized gospel shows and concert like the secular musicians does. I was a bit disappointed cos the allegations no s not far from the truth.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by achimendy(m): 9:48am On Jun 09, 2023
nlfpmod:
As shared by George Onyedikachukwu Nnadozie.

https://twitter.com/GeorgeNnad/status/1666849086866161664?t=XVRcXs34IOPC4h05Tr1DuA&s=08

Pay gospel artists their money o, they also have needs too.

If they charge high there's always room for negotiation.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by Betanaija42moro: 9:51am On Jun 09, 2023
Mercylike:
grin grin grin grin cheesy

The church is not the church again...
No, the mosque is the mosque

Make una dey deceive una self
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by HayB100(m): 9:51am On Jun 09, 2023
Na their wahala be that, I knew right from the time I read it here that she charges 10million for a church invitation that something will surely be posted here again to counter that, Nigerians sha no get brain, I don't know una wahala, if she likes, make she charge 20million, her problem, and it she likes, make she pay the whole 20million as tithe, the church problem, make every ody just ress
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by odigbosky(m): 10:01am On Jun 09, 2023
Call it whatever you like, but her charging 10 million is not bad. I think she weighs the church before she charges. These churches make money. Let the church money circulate.

The church has been loosing talents to secular world because some people believe they must continue to do free biz and yet pastors recieve all the cash flow.

She has a band. She has to pay her band. Her band has family members that the money will help feed. It is church money. It is not meant alone for Pastor and his wife. Let the money flow within the church.

If your church no get that amount for Mercy
There are other young people in the chorister. Pastor bless these people with funds. Encourage them. Some of them are students Dem no fit pay school fees. Help them.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by frankcofour: 10:02am On Jun 09, 2023
Na cashout all off then they for Christiandon 10million is God coming down from heaven when she sing. It was when d Rev. Father said it that that they now said she return 1m. Who is fooling who here.
Jesus perform many miracle without collecting any thing.
Funny enough d way they will cover it up n b telling all kinds of story is as if they take us as am illiterate.
Mercy cashout my dear na ur day break so us am well.
10million

Odiegu
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by Judolisco(m): 10:03am On Jun 09, 2023
Honorarium is quite different from charging to perform... It's like a pastor demanding for money before he preach or pray for u....
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by odigbosky(m): 10:04am On Jun 09, 2023
Rayban25:

Leave them...they dont know she has a brand.

But Nigerians will insult Christians trying to gaslight you with "are you not doing it for God" shes still offering a service and should be given honorarium...but the same idiots will pay a lot of money to see asake perform but when it's a chriatian they say she is a thief

Don't mind them. They will give monies out to their pastors who are these days no more than motivational speakers and yet una no won pay money for who day give una the vibes for church...
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by AngelicBeing: 10:06am On Jun 09, 2023
cheesy
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by miketayo(m): 10:14am On Jun 09, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Hope those trying to malign her see this. I really like her and Judikay. 💜

Who was trying to malign her?
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by BluntCrazeMan: 10:17am On Jun 09, 2023
nlfpmod:
As shared by George Onyedikachukwu Nnadozie.

https://twitter.com/GeorgeNnad/status/1666849086866161664?t=XVRcXs34IOPC4h05Tr1DuA&s=08
So,, she was definitely given more than N1m..

In fact, she was given more than N2m, for her to share it into two, and bring out half of it (or less than HALF of it) which is N1m..
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by miketayo(m): 10:22am On Jun 09, 2023
seguno2:

Putting the record straight.
That is the point of the post.

What record? She has every right to charge, its how she feeds, its a business. But what i know is you to don't charge for worship or prayer.
Gospel arstiste != Born again
They are the same as burna and davido.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by SLOVFO(m): 10:24am On Jun 09, 2023
Promicah:
The Bible said "The gift of a man shall make a way for him." It's not bad she's charging. If you don't like it then move.

When it comes to gospel ministers they want them to minister almost free but when the likes of Davido and Wizkid charge that amount, it's okay.

How do you expect them to feed if she doesn't charge. If it's easy to get a song from the realm, you too enter studio and sing.

They will feed same way guests preachers and other ministers of the gospel feed. Although it's not as simple as we see it.... since they usually travel with a retinue of career musicians that may need remuneration.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by miketayo(m): 10:24am On Jun 09, 2023
Dreal1247:
No amount of money is too much for a Gospel minister. Though the ministeration should not be monetized. Some of them spend sleepless days and nights of fasting and praying to power their ministries.

No amount is small, provided they know they aren't doing it for God.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by chicoMX(m): 10:29am On Jun 09, 2023
Even the priest collects offerings, what is the fuss about? It is not a must they invite Mercy Chinwo. They can still play all of her songs and she would not sue them.

The priest went as far as making one stupid comparison with writers of the hymns. He can go to their graves and then wake them up to come perform in his church
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by BigBen23(m): 10:38am On Jun 09, 2023
I know how much she charged for a still growing church like Spring of Life church, Rukpokwu Ph last year shaa.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by mechanics(m): 10:38am On Jun 09, 2023
Churches that have the money to pay for her services are free to invite her, no issue with that but if she's charging ₦10,000,000 to sing in a church, the amount is on the high side.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by dealslip(f): 10:42am On Jun 09, 2023
MetroLane:
Which means she charges #9 million per show.

She only returned the excess #1 million.

Abeg just mind your business this morning.
She charged from one church and returned the excess (her tithe) to another church.

No be the same church all of them be, or the Rev Fr, that reported that she charges #10 million, was he lying?

You lack Everything that makes someone a human.

Dumbo, learn to read between the lines. If not there won't be any difference between you and a goat that's staring at a piece of paper.

This malu is looking for attention, oya I have given it to you, go and eat as breakfast.

Call your parents, I think they're crying now.
Read and stop embarrassing yourself. The church said they paid her significantly less than half of 10 million. Some people are just hell bent on the negative. What you sow you will reap. Destroy the image and integrity of others reap the same in manifold. Thanks
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by Espelbengz(m): 10:42am On Jun 09, 2023
I am oppose to gospel artists getting paid for performing during services, crusades etc.. Christians should be encouraged to stream gospel artists or buy their songs by downloading etc.. however logistics must be put in place for them whenever they are called upon.
If any rich man wants to invite them to entertain them at occasions, they can charge for their talent. Ministering for the body of Christ should be giving freely.
They are not worldly acts!!!

Maobichek:

And she will be careful the next time she want to make outrageous demand from a Church for ministration. All Churches are not equal financially and she can't go to Papa or Pst Adeboye and be specific on her pay for ministration.

She should be paid but she must consider the capacity/capability of the Church before her price tag.

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 09, 2023
Espelbengz:
I am oppose to gospel artists getting paid for performing during services, crusades etc.. Christians should be encouraged to stream gospel artists or buy their songs by downloading etc.. however logistics must be put in place for them whenever they are called upon.
If any rich man wants to invite them to entertain them at occasions, they can charge for their talent. Ministering for the body of Christ should be giving freely.
They are not worldly acts!!!

Because they are not worldly acts they should be given freely? And the man has to be rich before they state a price?

What you're opposed to is not anybody's business oga...if foursquare should invite john selman as a guest pastor in their church they will still give him honorarium..why do you people think your opinions are so important? That they're doing it for God dosent mean they arent offering a service to you..they have their own time and schedule and are not obliged to come to your church...
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by dealslip(f): 10:47am On Jun 09, 2023
Judolisco:
Honorarium is quite different from charging to perform... It's like a pastor demanding for money before he preach or pray for u....
All those that will sing and backup for her, their logistics and wellbeing have to be paid for. Even Paul said he had a right to feed from the gospel but he waived his right to do that. They have families too. They don't do 9-5 jobs so there is no consistency in their remuneration. They have rent to pay, school fee, they buy petrol at N500 just like you. What do you want them to do? Their gift is what they use to make way for themselves just like you do to.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 09, 2023
dealslip:

All those that will sing and backup for her, their logistics and wellbeing have to be paid for. Even Paul said he had a right to feed from the gospel but he waived his right to do that. They have families too. They don't do 9-5 jobs so there is no consistency in their remuneration. They have rent to pay, school fee, they buy petrol at N500 just like you. What do you want them to do? Their gift is what they use to make way for themselves just like you do to.

God bless you
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by Dadadede: 10:52am On Jun 09, 2023
Promicah:
The Bible said "The gift of a man shall make a way for him." It's not bad she's charging. If you don't like it then move.

When it comes to gospel ministers they want them to minister almost free but when the likes of Davido and Wizkid charge that amount, it's okay.

How do you expect them to feed if she doesn't charge. If it's easy to get a song from the realm, you too enter studio and sing.
It is an error for these people to set a standard for a Chrst Being
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by Meritjoshua(m): 10:53am On Jun 09, 2023
priceactionx:
Medicine after death. Saying the money is far less than half, 10million. It can't be equal in every church and many people know the reason already.
It's not only her, it is all of them. While am not against them taking some fees cos many times logistics is not that easy, but they most times charge outrageously. Imagine many of them developed their talents in the church, build themselves in the choir, use church instruments to become experts , yet they come back and charge same church branch outrageous fees. To me, that's not the best. I have witnessed it many times not only her.

That's why many called them entertainers. Funny thing is that many help the church to collect offerings there by helping them to get the money paid to them back because they know people will respond well to their offering requests.
that is her means of living don't judge her
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 09, 2023
Dadadede:

It is an error for these people to set a standard for a Chrst Being

Who made it an error? You?
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 09, 2023
Na lie all this ones na damage control
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by dealslip(f): 11:09am On Jun 09, 2023
MetroLane:
Which means she charges #9 million per show.

She only returned the excess #1 million.

Abeg just mind your business this morning.
She charged from one church and returned the excess (her tithe) to another church.

No be the same church all of them be, or the Rev Fr, that reported that she charges #10 million, was he lying?

You lack Everything that makes someone a human.

Dumbo, learn to read between the lines. If not there won't be any difference between you and a goat that's staring at a piece of paper.

This malu is looking for attention, oya I have given it to you, go and eat as breakfast.

Call your parents, I think they're crying now.

Your Foolishness should be spelled in capital letters. Yes this church paid her significantly less than #10 million, what about the previous church that paid her, did they pay her below #10 mill also? Or where did you read in my post that she is paying her tithe based on what she got recently.

Abeg carry your mumu-ness go sweep una compound.

You sef read, no dey embarrass your family, or maybe they are even used to the embarrassment sef, who knows.

Your weakness is evident for all to see. Let me help you display what the church that paid her said

When Mercy Chinwo visited our Assembly not too long ago, she did not charge ₦10,000,000 as her fee. While I won't disclose the exact amount she received, it was significantly less than half of ₦10,000,000.
You also don't need to change the subject to issues of tithe because neither the church's clarification on this matter nor my comments suggested anything about tithe or her previous engagement.

I know you will still pretend not to see the bolded but that is the way of weak people. They continue to argue and insult everyone even when they can see clearly, they made a mistake. Admitting mistakes is not a sign of weakness, it's a big sign of strength. Oya withdraw your previous statements where you insulted people yet you are in the wrong. Let us see how strong you are.
Re: Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid by amazingspiderma: 11:09am On Jun 09, 2023
Una want Mercy to go begging after the show, right.

It really shocking how lazy people wants to be judge over what hardworking talents should earn.

A lot of Christians don't even understand the parables that Jesus taught.
In all of Jesus parable(Talent, Ten Virgins), there is a reward for those who were diligent. This is why a lot of people are poor. Absence of Diligence

Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men. Prov 22 v 29.

The scripture cannot be broken.

Lazy people cannot provide the same effect as diligent hard working people.

Someone spends years to train their voice, write quality songs, labor and sacrifice their time in the place of prayer then expect to earn minimum wage.

Anyone against it, should dare to mention one thing they do so well as a career and do it entirely for free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did Jesus And The Apostles Paid Tithe? / How Nigerian Churches Are Taking Advantage Of Technology To Make Global Impact / When You Can't Stop Having Causal Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.