Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria (11745 Views)

Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? / Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. / Okowa Assures Delta HOSTCOM Of Adequate Support, Partnership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by risos(m): 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
Who's interested in plantain value chain

1 Like

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Factfinder1(m): 4:33pm On Jun 09, 2023
Break away from having a job mentality...this is the mentality that has held young Nigerians hostage. Farming and starting your own business is better thank working for peanuts....learn a a high income skill or perish

4 Likes

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Factfinder1(m): 4:33pm On Jun 09, 2023
risos:
Who's interested in plantain value chain
I am Boss
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by blacksam01: 4:33pm On Jun 09, 2023
na our big m cause am...

fidelity,access, mtn, dangote etc are people's dreams cum reality and crowds are rushing to dem for jobs...

our rich people are so scared to put their money to use, hence not creating jobs...

if they stop building houses and stop buying new land all over the place, there will b jobs....

ShopRite is someone's dream...

let Nigerians go into business, that way jobs will br created for the less privileged Nigerians without capital

5 Likes

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by risos(m): 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2023
Factfinder1:

I am Boss

Send me a mail
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by thegooddieyoung: 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2023
Imagine how guys from Abia state reason, little wonder they celebrate mediocrity in governance styles of Ikpeazu, and the Orjis. No abuse intended anyways!

The fact that there are jobs for sweeping road does not translate to availability of jobs.
There is a reason parents invest in their children's tertiary education. Please learn the difference between under-employment and unemployment.
Please let's stop celebrating mediocrity.

SultanOfAbia:
Nigerians are lazy..
There are many job sectors like .
Cleaning the roads and collecting refuse
Not body wants to do that
Everybody wants collar job with office blowing A C

Agriculture sector is heavily lacking in youths. All youths want fast money and agriculture takes patience dedication and discipline which this generation lack

My point is that in reality
There is no job scarcity .
What we have in Nigeria is job saturation
There are job sectors that are avoided by the youths.. Due to prestige or ego.
But when they travel abroad they don't mind washing dishes in restaurant and doing garbage man.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Mmuussttii: 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Pride is the problem here.
Till date, no graduate has agreed to work in my shrine for N250k.
Boss drop location, I go lap your shrine ASAP.
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Tombrown3(m): 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
Follow the link bellow and get yourself a paying skill in less than 2 Months and make real money with lots of job opportunity waiting for you

https://bemsinstitute.com/
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by FireUpNow(m): 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2023
Instead the youths are called lazy.
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by speedxe1256(m): 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
Nigerians are lazy..

Agriculture sector is heavily lacking in youths. All youths want fast money and agriculture takes patience dedication and discipline which this generation lack

But when they travel abroad they don't mind washing dishes in restaurant and doing garbage man.

The pay is worth it compared to doing that in Nigeria, no do yeye comparison habeg

5 Likes

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by FireUpNow(m): 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2023
Tombrown3:

Follow the link bellow and get yourself a paying skill in less than 2 Months and make real money with lots of job opportunity waiting for you

https://bemsinstitute.com/
I hope with that link one's phone will not be hacked? You can't give a briefg insight here?
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Farrason: 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
Nigerians are lazy..

He said jobs that match your skill.

1 Like

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by sterlingD(m): 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2023
HeartlessMan:

Till date, no graduate has agreed to work in my shrine for N250k.

1 Like

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by abufadllullah(m): 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
Nigerians are lazy..

Good day boss, quiet inquisitive about your post here! Will be glad if you can enlighten me on the prospect of agriculture in Nigeria and how to go about it.. especially location, workforce and it's profitability.
Thank you!
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by kazyhm(m): 4:51pm On Jun 09, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
Nigerians are lazy..

You're naive, lack experience and exposure.....do you know collecting refuse is capital intensive......?

The agricultural sector (you mean peasant farmer)...?

How much do you pay dish washers in Nigeria and how much is self contained apartment (called studio abroad).....dish washers abroad can afford basic living necessities......

No shook mouth for topic you have no experience of........

5 Likes

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Tombrown3(m): 4:54pm On Jun 09, 2023
FireUpNow:

I hope with that link one's phone will not be hacked? You can't give a briefg insight here?

Oga visit the link or move on abeg!

Your entire phone is built by google with all there app preinstalled and runs on background 24/7 as long as you have your phone on, yet you think your data is safer with google than a harmless URL, provided as an update or notification?

Just dey play.

I too know has killed us in this country.
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by northbird: 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2023
abufadllullah:

Good day boss, quiet inquisitive about your post here! Will be glad if you can enlighten me on the prospect of agriculture in Nigeria and how to go about it.. especially location, workforce and it's profitability.
Thank you!

Be guided. Agriculture or farming needs capital if you are ever going to achieve results..
Ploughing an acre is 15k - at the minimum

For grains like maize,you need to do like 6 acres to enjoy economies of scale ... plus other cost inputs
Then pre-harvest,you need to develop a serious marketing plan because if you don't, the middle men / women.will reap all your labour and profits by buying at ridiculous rates.
Don't let @ SultanOfAbia give you sitting room postulations.

Agriculture is beyond hoes and cutlass as always being purported by the typical layman.

4 Likes

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Cromagnon: 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
Wodu89:
When we tell people to invest in our agriculture projects, they don't listen
which one
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Cromagnon: 5:10pm On Jun 09, 2023
Wodu89:

Varieties

From Plantain tress to plantain chips which covers the whole value chain in this crop to

Broiler production

To

Maize cultivation

Nigerians are not averse to investments so many of us have given up and have began to take a more lengthy journey to become the industrialists we envision ourselves as. It may take time but we are working behind the scene and would eventually get there. Tired if making tons of proposals begging people to come prosper ( invest ) only to be mistreated
So you have up?
That's how you will give up with ppl money abi
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Wodu89: 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2023
Cromagnon:

So you have up?
That's how you will give up with ppl money abi

I Dont recall asking you for money did I ?
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Fab21: 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
thegooddieyoung:
Imagine how guys from Abia state reason, little wonder they celebrate mediocrity in governance styles of Ikpeazu, and the Orjis. No abuse intended anyways!

The fact that there are jobs for sweeping road does not translate to availability of jobs.
There is a reason parents invest in their children's tertiary education. Please learn the difference between under-employment and unemployment.
Please let's stop celebrating mediocrity.

Sincerely, I saw the post and i was like.
Didn't the parents know that there are sweeping jobs before sending their children to school; investing on them?

The way people celebrate mediocrity baffles me..
So many graduates are out there putting in much efforts to make it.

We shouldn't just conclude that graduates are lazy.
Of course there are bad eggs...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by sukkot: 5:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
Sisora:
I build investment website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.

All scripts work superbly.

I also build VTU website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k.

I also build multivendor ecommerce websites like jumia or jiji cost 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.
bros make you reason me one website na
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Paracetamol01: 5:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
I am not sure it is pride...cos Nigerians have being working overseas as a toilet cleaner @heartlessman

1 Like

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Cromagnon: 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2023
Deiyvismiwa:
The lack of adequate

Define adéquate

employment opportunities in Nigeria has become a pebble in the shoes of most Nigerians;

Naaaa
When it hurts we will figure it out

finding a job that matches our skills

What are your skills exactly

[/b]and aspirations [b]

Are your aspirations realistic

[/b]has become a great challenge. However, we can continue to wail or think of solutions to this problem

[b]

Think or act
We've been thinking for 63 years

. For example, we could foster and support entrepreneurship amongst ourselves - so if you have a friend or acquaintance with a small business, support that small business

Can only foster Ppl that want to be fostered
And they're usually not friends or acquaintances

. Vocational training programs that equip individuals with practical skills for in-demand industries could also be encouraged - not just in schools, if you have a skill which you can teach, especially to the children and adolescents in secondary schools and even tertiary institutions.

How many will do vocational
Demand and supply kicks in and problem starts all over

These efforts could encourage the government and private sector to invest in sectors with the potential to create more jobs[b]

You're still on this govt scam?
I see you're not tired of failure

[/b], like technology, renewable energy[b]

Unsustainable

[/b], and agriculture. [b]

Food security but no more
Too small

[/b]Let's finally use this platform to share success stories, job opportunities, and advice for job seekers. Together, we can make a difference and tackle Nigeria's employment challenges.
true but only if you're truly together
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by eddynaira125: 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2023
Fixed March done cast, na Pool na sure now

Dey play
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by millionboi2: 5:34pm On Jun 09, 2023
SBX1:
Forget, people still dey get good jobs on a low key.
E no plenty datz what it means.
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by olaodun: 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2023
I have followed all the comments people have written on this serious challenge in Africa.
1 Really there is a serious challenge of youth unemployment and people are seriously hungry
Immediate solution for graduate in urban areas a) digital skills b) Technical Skill acquisition and production of import subsititution items c) for Youth in a safe rural and semi rural areas -Agric is the solution if you have good tomatoes now you will laugh to the bank
We are organising Digital skills conference very soon pls if you are ineterested just send your interest to 08055855979
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by isArray: 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
The people are no longer with n-power?
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by abbey621(m): 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
shegzhkn:
Just Rhetoric and stop gap measures.
I've always opined that the disaster that country is facing could have been prevented a long time ago (1950s - 1990s) when most asian powers began to industrialize, the question I am yet to get answers to is what were the baby boomers and their parents / grandparents doing then.
A Chinese proverb says "The best time to plant a tree is a twenty years ago, the second best time is now", meaning it is not too late to start doing what is right and what are those things.
Yo have an economy (oil reliant one) whose size is less than 600B USD and a population more than 200M with a GDP per Capita of less 2.5K USD and you expect not to have massive unemployment, poverty and underdevelopment. Just to provide context here Holland (the Netherlands) has a population of less than 20M and over 1 trillion dollar economy (insanely high GDP per Capita), ROK has 50M population with more than 1.8 trillion dollar economy (also good GDP per Capita) so you could expect unemployment to be low here, high HDI and good standard of living.
The only way to solve the problem of unemployment is to start providing values across the globe and that will require the folks in power to start doing what is right.

Always comparing Nigerian society to China or Europeans/Americans.

1. Was China ever colonized? Do they have a homogenous society or are they fractured like Nigerians? What do you have in common with a Fulani?

2. Can you define communism? Do you know that such a system is geared towards community development than the liberal democratic system practiced in Nigeria? Nigeria's democracy is still less than 50 years old, with such a huge population democracy here is still in its infancy!

3. Are you a patriot? Are you willing to forsake majority of your profits for the greater good of the country? This is the question every Nigerian should be asked. If you want to compare Nigeria to China, you need to be prepared to say yes! Even the average American pays 5 TIMES the amount of taxes the average Nigerian pays yet we want development, we want fuel to be cheap and jobs abundant......WAKE UP!

Government must diversify the economy, private sector must be empowered and at the same time heavily regulated. The companies creating the most jobs should receive tax breaks, entrepreneurship should be encouraged and taught in universities as a required course. Government should invest in working refineries and return Nigeria back to agricultural dominance rather than wasting money on subsidies and other scams. Nigeria is not and can never develop the way China did, it must develop in its own unique way with government, private sector and citizens reaching a new level of understanding!

1 Like

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by shegzhkn: 6:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
abbey621:

Always comparing Nigerian society to China or Europeans/Americans.

1. Was China ever colonized? Do they have a homogenous society or are they fractured like Nigerians? What do you have in common with a Fulani?

2. Can you define communism? Do you know that such a system is geared towards community development than the liberal democratic system practiced in Nigeria? Nigeria's democracy is still less than 50 years old, with such a huge population democracy here is still in its infancy!

3. Are you a patriot? Are you willing to forsake majority of your profits for the greater good of the country? This is the question every Nigerian should be asked. If you want to compare Nigeria to China, you need to be prepared to say yes! Even the average American pays 5 TIMES the amount of taxes the average Nigerian pays yet we want development, we want fuel to be cheap and jobs abundant......WAKE UP!

Government must diversify the economy, private sector must be empowered and at the same time heavily regulated. The companies creating the most jobs should receive tax breaks, entrepreneurship should be encouraged and taught in universities as a required course. Government should invest in working refineries and return Nigeria back to agricultural dominance rather than wasting money on subsidies and other scams. Nigeria is not and can never develop the way China did, it must develop in its own unique way with government, private sector and citizens reaching a new level of understanding!
Look at your completely fuçked up way of thinking, a supposedly exposed individual (I guess you live in Uncle Sam).
Nigeria democracy is still at it infancy stage (a 60 years old country), was china colonized ?? (The same China that saw hell in the hands of the japanese and was able to pull over 800M people out of poverty) or is it Korea that was occupied until 1945 by the same japanese and was completely devastated after the Korean war, hell we even gifted Japan two nukes & still they were able to rebuild.
It seems to me you are looking for excuse to justify the state of that society, telling me I like comparing Nigeria with the likes of Asians, Americans / European but guess what the common denominator they all share is that they are developed and advanced society.
If you really loved that country why don't you leave atl and move back.

1 Like

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Omoalaji12: 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2023
this is a very big issues, first we can talk of adequate employment but also we can say the same thing with bad employee or employees who aren't read of the job they are bing hired for. our schools need to do better and it starts with our economy. Learning and training need to be job ready. Career Advice is key to all of these.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NDLEA Recruitment: Past Questions And Answers For Recruitment Test: Download Her / NESREA Recruitment / Mainone Cable Company Fresh Job Recruitment (8 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.