Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience (29259 Views)

If You’re An Uber Driver Share Ur Experience Here / Why Do We Regard Tokunbo Cars As New Cars In Nigeria? It's An Insult. / Is It Possible To Buy Car Abroad Via Online Like How We Buy Phone And Rest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by staga: 5:55pm On Jun 11, 2023
I buy all my cars from Auctionexport.

Not one story. Got my cars intact. Last time I was in Nigeria after two years abroad, cranked them and they responded. The sweetest part was that the previous American owners even installed brand new tires for me on each occasion.
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by LandMann: 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2023
DarlingtonC:
cry

My brother, I ordered Peter Obi, and got Tinubu delivered to me by Mahmood.

I'm returning him anyways

Your answer is reflective of how dull, uninspiring and unintelligent most youths in Nigeria with access to internet are. To you dull heads, everything is a joke. You truly deserve the moronic leaders you have

12 Likes

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by chincent: 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2023
Contact nwaguatahihia motors ltd, He is tested and trusted till tomorrow. You will thank me latter.
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by staga: 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2023
lite15:
I'm was considering buying for aboard and shipping it to Nigeria, so i call my friend for the cost of clearing & shipping, i was shocked ! I calculated it, it's more expensive.

It's better to buy in nigeria to avoid stories that touch! grin

That so-called extra cost is money you have used to acquire peace of mind down the road.

No odometer tampering, fake vehicle history, etc. You buy what you paid for. Many Naija car stands are selling salvage vehicles which have been reworked in Benin Republic and smuggled through land borders. If customs stops you on the road with such vehicles, you are done for.

I personally drove one of my cars bought from US myself from Lagos to Abuja. Customs stopped me at Okpella junction and after seeing the papers that showed I paid the customs duty, they were the ones asking me to show them some love. I gave them N500 and left.

If not, the car would have been seized and auctioned off.

12 Likes

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by ini4brandon(m): 6:01pm On Jun 11, 2023
Yes, A Kia Sedona. Took about 2 months.
I'll advise anyone to do it with a luxurious car not average cars.

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Bizzyliss(m): 6:01pm On Jun 11, 2023
Yes that’s how I buy all my cars from copart

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by GoldenJAT(m): 6:03pm On Jun 11, 2023
LandMann:

Your answer is reflective of the how dull, uninspiring and unintelligent most youths in Nigeria with access to internet are. To you dull heads, everything is a joke. You truly deserve the moronic leaders you have
You have said it all!!!
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by lonelydora: 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2023
All the cars I have driven were ordered from abroad
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by EgunMogaji2: 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nwanna2588:
I have read about cars being ordered here in Nigeria with part payment and it worked. How true is it. Please share your experience.

I probably will never do it again unless customs change their evil way.

I shipped my GL450 in December 2021. The estimated clearing was N1.8M. It was delayed due to Covid19.

When it finally got here in June 2022 clearing was 4.2M.

I could have bought similar truck here for about that much.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by IncredibleT: 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nwanna2588:
I have read about cars being ordered here in Nigeria with part payment and it worked. How true is it. Please share your experience.

Yes. I did it and got my 2013 Toyota Corolla at a very affordable price.

No risk. You just have to be patient

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by gotousa2013: 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2023
Why are you re-opening my wounds. Mine was a bitter experience .
The first time - it was an accidented car they gave me so I thought i should try a more trusted hand but Up till now didnt even set my eyes on the camry let alone having my money back. For your peace of mind. Just see it , buy and move on .

3 Likes

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Samchuky(m): 6:09pm On Jun 11, 2023
IncredibleT:

Yes. I did it and got my 2013 Toyota Corolla at a very affordable price.

No risk. You just have to be patient

Please what website did you deal with?
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by porthouse7(f): 6:09pm On Jun 11, 2023
DarlingtonC:
cry

bitterleaf eating people
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by bakynes(m): 6:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
Am surprised some folks here are talking about peace of mind and going to car stands here to buy vehicles. I have bought twice from Auctionexport and Co-part. Got my bill of laden gave it to a trusted agent here and the Car was cleared successfully.

The Car stands here have worked on the mileage of the vehicle, bought accidented cars and reworked it and they are selling to you. You don't have the title to even know the history of the car, then the Car starts giving you unnecessary problems.

6 Likes

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Mondosadex: 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2023
Have ordered for a Toyota camry then but took up to 3months before l got it and l just realized the difference of getting it here in Naija is not that much

2 Likes

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by superCleanworks(m): 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2023
The stress is not worth it.

finally when you think of how much you were trying to avoid in the first place and the BP, plenty calls, chats, stories... just bring out money and buy from a well detailed dealer here and have rest of mind
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Kobicove(m): 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2023
denzel231:
it's not stress when you buy a good car.. my friends bought their cars from new Jersey and Canada, they never get issues once..if you go buy yeye car for 9ja, u go see hell... Na luck to see 9ja car wey good o .

And who says you can't buy a good car here in Nigeria?
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by udemzyudex(m): 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2023
jubrilELsudan:
IF I SHARE MY EXPERIENCE..... NAIRALAND WILL BURN AND NEVER BE THESAME AGAIN
As long as you still dey breath after the experience then nothing fit happen again.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by obontami: 6:23pm On Jun 11, 2023
DarlingtonC:
cry

And pandora is still in the forest looking for his MANHOOD! grin

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by trespas: 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2023
Yes I have bought n it was really worth while no regrets. What I saw online d milage and stats were same upon arrival however there are stages especially for new intending persons. I used corpat to which if u wish to bid urself u need to register but can get a licensed person to bid on ur behalf or buy b4 f auction while u monitor, then make payment which include cost of d car + defined charges including movement to port of choice n shipment. Shipping to Lagos depends on cargo available but voyage does not exceed 21 days. Then get ur local agent to do custom processing prior to arrival so u take possession within 4 to 5 days of arrival if it's salvaged u proceed to replace damaged parts n ur good to go.

7 Likes

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by onatisi(m): 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nwanna2588:
By the time you order and get the car ,you will find out it is almost the same cost as the ones been sold in Nigeria or even more expensive . Except maybe the car you want to order is a really really special car like those Davido cars

1 Like

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2023
See Yahoo platform naa...
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nwanna2588:

Guy man I don't know you but I am going to give you some advice that will save you some serious belly aches down the road. Most of the cars sold on NL and imported here are damaged cars, flooded, serious accidents, sawed in half by accidents, and put back together by my fellow Nigerians and sold to you as clean direct.

Please spend that extra $25 for a carfax. it will save you some headaches. See the report of cars I wanted to pick up for my mother-in-law. I had to just buy one and ship it to her. Please do your due diligence

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Aguogba(m): 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nwanna2588:
There are lots of fake Copart, auctionexport websites online wey boys dey use as format. Be careful. Buy through people you know that live in US/Canada

4 Likes

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by bonnyhope: 6:29pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nwanna2588:

Why not try CNG or LPG car produced by INNOSON.........remember that petrol is N500/Lt
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by 3kay945(m): 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nannyservices:
The rx330 that was delivered to me from abroad is giving me headache... Car has been working perfectly since until it started to rain and seems like the rain empties inside the car floor...

I have permanently sealed the roof, checked the rain pipe/host and water drains out from it very well yet even the windshield I just returned from the mechanic and I was told the fault isn't from the windshield.

I am exhausted, I don't know what else to do.
Have you checked maybe it's dripping from the front bonnet cos my RX300 sometimes do have few dripping on my left foot when it rains heavily.
I didn’t bother to ask anyone looked at it though. Cos, it's not much.
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by Kokomo: 6:31pm On Jun 11, 2023
It is better to buy from here, rather from abroad, though I had success, infact twice, but unfortunately others were not so lucky, even when you car is on the sea and till it get to you, you want have rest of mind. There is just that level of worry all the stages.
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by GradExams: 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2023
Highways:
Yeah in 2013... With auctionexport... A ford explorer... It was actually worth the risk....

Full payment though

How was the custom clearing and how long did it take?
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by ednut1(m): 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2023
bonnyhope:

Why not try CNG or LPG car produced by INNOSON.........remember that petrol is N500/Lt
innoson and other new cars are not affordable to the common man

2 Likes

Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by ednut1(m): 6:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
My friend bought 2013 camry some years ago. If you don’t have sure clearing agent don’t try it o.
Re: Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience by fidtopade: 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2023
In 2014, I saw the car on copart, then I contacted quality auction who did the bidding on my behalf. It arrived here in Nigeria within six weeks. But the bitter experience i had then was that, the four tires and the alloy rims were remove by the handler here in Nigeria. That has really scared me from further laying my hands on such venture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This N1.3 Billion Mclaren P1 GTR Is Ready To Fly (photos) / These Brabus 800 And 900 Are The Baddest Saloon Cars At The Geneva Auto Fair / See The Rare Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion Which Sells For N2.5billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.