Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,325 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law (21508 Views)

Orji Kalu Visits Ignatius Kaigama, Catholic Archbishop Of Abuja (PHOTOS) / Message From Archbishop Of Onitsha, Okeke, About Resumption Of Church / Meaning Of Ash Wednesday And Why Anglicans Celebrate It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by Flamemignon1(m): 10:35am On Jun 10, 2023
tobenuel:
Demons that fell into Africa is quite distinct from those that fell into the European continent. Let there be no mention of gays or alphabet people in Africa, we already have a lot to worry about
Yea..... because gay people don't exist here?

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by Babathanks(m): 10:36am On Jun 10, 2023
Chetas81:
god forbids idols but Catholic lines up behind same idol call Jesus Idol
Mumu, you better face your life, na catholic be your problem 😉.
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by walex2(m): 10:37am On Jun 10, 2023
HonNL:

SOURCE

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7707379/death-penalty-life-imprisonment-museveni#123442481
God punish the stupid pope or what he called himself, so Jesus Christ told us to show love to those who are practicing Sodom and Gomorrah that he himself rebuked
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by Flamemignon1(m): 10:37am On Jun 10, 2023
blowjohn:
If one is born with an ambiguous Instruments, that's a whole different thing.

But no one is born gay.
Nobody is born with the mindset of being gay.

So u retards in America shud shut the eff up and keep ur gay instincts to urself
I wish we could but you are the last person to take a theory from. I'd rather believe folks who've done the work on the field than you who's driven by bigotry and hate

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by Aizenosa(m): 10:41am On Jun 10, 2023
Maynmann:

When was catholic against it?
https://www.usccb.org/news/2023/pope-clarifies-remarks-about-homosexuality-and-sin

Oga the Catholic church has never supported LGBTQ, it's only of recent that because of love for neighbor and repentance that they have tried to allow them to even come to church, and while at church they are forbidden from anything else apart from attending church and repentance.

The 1st set of persons to even protest against it in America are the Catholics. Cuz in the bible 2 things stand out:
1. God made man and then woman. He looked at everything and saw it was perfect.
Not man in woman's body and woman in man's body which is a flaw.
2. Marriage is between man and woman.
The church seriously even frowns at devorce talkless of same sex marriage.

Don't get it twisted.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by Maynmann: 10:44am On Jun 10, 2023
Aizenosa:

Oga the Catholic church has never supported LGBTQ, it's only of recent that because of love for neighbor and repentance that they have tried to allow them to even come to church, and while at church they are forbidden from anything else apart from attending church and repentance.

The 1st set of persons to even protest against it in America are the Catholics. Cuz in the bible 2 things stand out:
1. God made man and then woman. He looked at everything and saw it was perfect.
Not man in woman's body and woman in man's body which is a flaw.
2. Marriage is between man and woman.
The church seriously even frowns at devorce talkless of same sex marriage.

Don't get it twisted.
The Catholic has been supporting homosexuality since.

Before now Catholic don’t love their neighbors?, it is a recent development?

Send me the link where you read
“The 1st set of persons to even protest against it in America are the Catholics”

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by seunayantokun(m): 10:52am On Jun 10, 2023
We know those who represent Satan when we see them. Can everyone see the grand deception called a letter? A man of that position has no Biblical reference to establish his evil position. I don't know why all Africans cannot separate finally from them now.
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by Okarakwu: 10:52am On Jun 10, 2023
High time I stop attending Anglican Church... Look at what us coming out from this animal
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by Chetas81(m): 10:53am On Jun 10, 2023
Babathanks:

Mumu, you better face your life, na catholic be your problem 😉.
if Na you be mumu if na me be mumu 😂 time shall tell the stupid you Nigerian citizen who love follow follow
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by BigBizzy(m): 10:54am On Jun 10, 2023
He is mad.

Tell him I said so
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by Emyzoloye5(m): 10:58am On Jun 10, 2023
Jetrue3oo:
even nowadays church leaders are fighting against the will of God and his kingdom here on earth Brotherhood of the cross and star whose founder and sustainer is God almighty His Holiness Olumba Olumba Obu.

You need mental evaluation.. this is pure blasphemy wtf!!!!!
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by Banuso99: 11:00am On Jun 10, 2023
The most Reverend Justin Welby is a freemason.
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by 2mch(m): 11:02am On Jun 10, 2023
Stop telling Africans what to do. Try to first tell Asians and Arabs that nonsense. Stay out of country’s politics with your teeth like smoked rabbit.
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by Joseph90452: 11:02am On Jun 10, 2023
The anglican communion of Nigeria broke out from the church of England because of the same reason.we had to let them know that just as we cannot impose laws to thier country they can't impose laws on us
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by seunayantokun(m): 11:13am On Jun 10, 2023
The madness is that loss of common sense and throwing God out their heart is now being defined as love. The devil himself is mocking their craziness.
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by lordm(m): 11:14am On Jun 10, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Are you slow? Who the hell is saying you should be gay?
must you use derogatory comment on me? Can't you have a civil conversation? Grow up, man
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by Babathanks(m): 11:15am On Jun 10, 2023
Chetas81:
if Na you be mumu if na me be mumu 😂 time shall tell the stupid you Nigerian citizen who love follow follow
I’m not a fan or religion but am a catholic. I was born and brought up in a strong Islamic community in kaduna, most of my friends have strong Islamic mentality that doesn’t suit modern 21th century time but I never for once criticise them. You guys down south should learn how to respect people choice on religion, sex and many other things. Respect is reciprocal, Catholicism is older than Muslim and many other Protestant churches. Who are you to our mode of worshipping God is wrong?
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by sylve11: 11:17am On Jun 10, 2023
Lvgirl:
The solution to gayism in Nigeria rest with the ritualist. If they can come up with a theory of how gay can be used for rituals, I mean effective one..I tell you within a year there number will reduce. They are the one slowing things down.

How gay skull fetch more money than ordinary innocent head. Wow you see Ogun indigene spring into action. Soon it will spread to imo state and Benin. In few years we won't find gays again. It's possible !!!

I nor fit laugh abeg grin grin cool
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by silaswills01(m): 11:19am On Jun 10, 2023
Stupid bishop
To be very clear
Gays and homosexuals aren't children of God
They're lost sheep that need to be brought to the fold
God disdain homosexuality
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by Cheryphb: 11:21am On Jun 10, 2023
He said they are children of God. But it was in the bible that this children of God were wiped out for this same sodomy. Is either the bible is lying or you are a pretender
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by dfrost: 11:25am On Jun 10, 2023
ogify1:
this world dey confuse me

Why?🤣😋😝🤓
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by lomprico(m): 11:27am On Jun 10, 2023
Chetas81:
god forbids idols but Catholic lines up behind same idol call Jesus Idol

Who is this nut case? undecided
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by mastermaestro(m): 11:29am On Jun 10, 2023
Akalia:
I left the church a long time ago. Secular world is even way better.

If you were enjoying the empty choice you are now living, you would not be telling us. Your eyes go clear last last. Be deceiving yourself. Nor be u wey inner emptiness wan finish so? grin
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by Akalia(m): 11:35am On Jun 10, 2023
mastermaestro:

If you were enjoying the empty choice you are now living, you would not be telling us. Your eyes go clear last last. Be deceiving yourself. Nor be u wey inner emptiness wan finish so? grin
Judge not!!!
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by helicoptarr: 11:43am On Jun 10, 2023
lomprico:

The Catholic is not in support of homosexuality.

And if they'll come out and state that openly, the whole table will shake.
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by ManWater: 11:46am On Jun 10, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Ugandan president should also separate church from state, don't use your religion to justify hate

Well, the President & State are free to make laws against homosexuality. The issue here is the Church supporting the State Law that criminalises Homosexuality.
Nevertheless, Christianity recognises homosexuality as a sin that must be preached against.
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by wildernessVoice: 11:50am On Jun 10, 2023
End time Arc Bishop advancing to reprobates.
It's unnatural for man to man and woman to woman

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Romans 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by luckyz4rea(m): 11:53am On Jun 10, 2023
People are free to do as they like but they cannot impose anything on an individual or a group for any reason! The Church has no business with homosexuality whatsoever.

Showing people love doesn’t mean we should be enmeshed in their state of reasoning. We show you love but will also outrightly speak against what we don’t stand for.
Anything that reduces humanity to behaviors from animal kingdom is condemnable. No room for such.
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by NOwazobia: 11:55am On Jun 10, 2023
Gays in robe.

Na their way.
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by omojeesu(m): 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2023
Demonic Bishop
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law by omojeesu(m): 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2023
God is Love
God is Holy
He can't therefore love sin which He has expressly condemned!
God's love is a holy love!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'I Support A Restructured Nigeria' - Pastor Bakare Addresses The Nation (speech) / Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony / The Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG) Official Anthem mp3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.