Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity (28322 Views)

P2P Binance Nigeria Exchange Group On Telegram Are Scammers / Loom Money Nigeria: Crash Of Ponzi Scheme Imminent As SEC Warns Nigerians / ‎Avoid Ponzi Schemes! SEC Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by puregoldsusan(f): 3:19pm On Jun 10, 2023
Nonsense and management. We go still use VPN run am. We go see who go tire for this country
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by Honestfrend: 3:20pm On Jun 10, 2023
nairalanda1:
Crypto issa SCAM.

Until there is a central regulator that we can turn to like in CBN for real money....crypto is just paper money with no regulation.

U need 2 wake up from your slumber..
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by EasternPrince: 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2023
johnjose68:

If dem carry you go prison now, you will say na your grandma dey your matter, and those you are trying to impress will forget about you like they did to Nnamdi kanu and suddenly became in love with pitobi.

Try and buy yourself a brain when it is still cheap.

On ASIWAJU's mandate I stand

On his manhood we stand together. The thing will die there

Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by Exceed15: 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2023
Finestgurlie:
cheesy

I remembered when buhari entered newly, people where busy hailing his imaginary body odour language that he's working immediately.
something similar is also happening today people hailing the drug baron so early.
don't worry e go play for our eyes.
one thing is certain and just like Buhari failure, Tinubu is bound to fail because you can't build a mansion on faulty foundation and expect success.
the process that brought Tinubu is flawed and cruel so his failure is imminent.
we go see am.

U nailed it. It was those fake appraisal that ruined his 8 years administration. They are at it again . People's suffering deepens less than 24hrs of taking power.
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by masseratti: 4:29pm On Jun 10, 2023
GENES11S:

The bolded paragraph almost made me not to reply your comment because it shows you are ignorant. It's not an insult, you may be well educated in other subjects but economics is not one of them.

And you don't understand what am saying.

I said cryto exchange rate for developed countries to other countries currencies (non digital).

Am not talking about Bitcoin vs dollar or Bitcoin vs pound sterling etc.

Am talking about Naira vs dollar, Cad vs Dollar, dollar vs pound sterling etc in cryto trading.

In developed countries where Crypto is allowed to operate, the countries official exchange rate is adopted is such trade.

Take note that I use the term developed countries.
If you say am wrong, mention a developed country where Crypto flout the exchange rate and are allowed to operate. No long talk, just give me an example with proof.

In developed countries, any financial institution that doesn't obey the exchange rate or other financial policies are kicked out immediately. Because that's were currency devaluation start from.

oh jeez, here we go again, am tired of wasting my time online with people who refuse to read and comprehend, at no point did i say bitcoin to dollar or anything, let me summarize it for you if you are able to grasp it, there is nothing like official rates any more in your so called "develop" countries, it's a free market for their currencies, they don't peg numbers has official rates anymore, they use market rates for their transactions, that's what we need to adopt, China still peg their exchange rates, they can because their exports is more than their imports hence more dollars at hand, we at the other hand are very reverse.
Plus crypto does not float any exchange rates anywhere, what they go with is the free market rate, what we call the black market rate here.
Our official rates is what price we sell naira to the IOCs, which is wrong, totally wrong because we don't want to officially devalue, meanwhile 95% of our imports are done with dollars from the black market, whether we like it or not..
Cryptos will not apply to CBN through banks to get their dollars once they pay you in naira hence the use of blackmarket, even if they use the banks just like the airlines they might not get their dollars as at when required to move out of the country.

In those your sọ called develop countries, there is no need for a black market because their banks are available to execute your transaction for you immediately in the free market rates.. Which is obviously what you calling "official market rates"
Let me give you an analogy.. If Apple share is selling on the NYSE at $100 per share.. Is there any other market that determines another rate for Apple shares? The answer is no.. That's the official rates everyone abide to.. Both the government, banks and individuals.. The same thing applies to their currencies

1 Like

Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by Slynation(m): 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2023
headboyprince:
he did a lot.. Remember his body odor was everywhere....
grin grin grin
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by ojonugba2014(m): 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2023
Maxikenna:
That shouldn’t be the problem, the problem is are you making money for yourself and family members? If no, Do you know you can make money in dollars by simply uploading football videos on YouTube and earn money while you SLEEP? (It takes only 10 minutes daily) let me teach you everything you need to know. See my WhatsApp in bio. I charge 1k only (No extra charges)

Rest
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by KushLyon(m): 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2023
So what will happen to binance operations in Nigeria? Make I know if na to go sell all my coin wey dey there
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by quickhubservice: 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2023
GENES11S:

At what rate is the P2P dollar transaction which is associated to cryto? Is it the same as CBN rate? NO

You are contradicting yourself.
Kai, u truly don't know anything about cryptocurrency.
What is p2p?
If you can answer that then you would understand that you are not buying from the cryptocurrency exchange company directly rather from people that already own crypto. If you want to buy from crypto platforms get yourself a dollar card and fund it because bank will still not give you dollar to fund your account, u will still need to go to black market and buy dollar at the black market rate. You dey talk like say na the exchange platforms put rate for you.
Instead of saying the should stop cryptocurrency, say banks should allow for normal processing of foreign transactions because all crypto platforms still use bank rate just that banks has cut off the bridge for us to access official rates whenever we need. This is not only applicable to crypto but to everything including shopping and online payments. As long as it is foreign currency Nigerian banks won't provide it unless you are traveling abroad or schooling abroad or need foreign medical attention.

1 Like

Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by ojonugba2014(m): 5:08pm On Jun 10, 2023
Ban or not.

I am a crypto trader.nd I wl never stop trading crypto.

I was collecting 25k before as an accounting Teacher, when life tired me, I left ND join crypto, my first win ( airdrop) cash out was 485k.

So far so good I am a millionaire today.

This year, I have made nothing less than 3M from crypto space.

Imagine say I be teacher collecting 25k/month today.

1 Like

Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by JOemmy(m): 5:10pm On Jun 10, 2023
Tinibu's govt just want to collect some tax from the huge profits Binance is making from nigerian users.
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by Seytex: 5:20pm On Jun 10, 2023
They should be banned Biko. Let the poor breathe
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by Beegrace: 6:35pm On Jun 10, 2023
No, are you saying there is Binance USA, Binance UK.. if you have seen that anywhere, pls show me.. Don't let us display our ignorance all the time..
sotall:

And you think Binance Nigeria Ltd isnt affiliated with the international Binance?

Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by sotall(m): 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2023
Beegrace:
No, are you saying there is Binance USA, Binance UK.. if you have seen that anywhere, pls show me.. Don't let us display our ignorance all the time..

Oh! You need some schooling.

There is actually Binance US.

Go educate yourself
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by Blakjewelry(m): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2023
9jagovernor:
They're not referring to Finance as a whole but a company that name itself binance Nigeria
Many people won't understand. There is nothing like binance Nigeria.
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by GENES11S: 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2023
quickhubservice:

Kai, u truly don't know anything about cryptocurrency.
What is p2p?
If you can answer that then you would understand that you are not buying from the cryptocurrency exchange company directly rather from people that already own crypto. If you want to buy from crypto platforms get yourself a dollar card and fund it because bank will still not give you dollar to fund your account, u will still need to go to black market and buy dollar at the black market rate. You dey talk like say na the exchange platforms put rate for you.
Instead of saying the should stop cryptocurrency, say banks should allow for normal processing of foreign transactions because all crypto platforms still use bank rate just that banks has cut off the bridge for us to access official rates whenever we need. This is not only applicable to crypto but to everything including shopping and online payments. As long as it is foreign currency Nigerian banks won't provide it unless you are traveling abroad or schooling abroad or need foreign medical attention.

Am telling you that a goat has four legs, you are telling me that goats eat grasses.

Though your statement is correct, it does not disprove my argument.

Why is it so hard to get an active crypto user to be honest or is it that you people are ignorant about Nigeria monetary policies?

Do you know that by our policy, all monetary transactions must be transparent and traceable (to Nigeria)?

To the main issue...

Does Cryptocurrency transactions in Nigeria make use of P2P? YES

You can say the devaluation occurs from P2P which is a third party in this case but there is something called guilty by association/affiliation.
Even if you don't commit a crime yourself but your platform is used to do it (or benefits from it), then you are guilty by association.

Yes, CBN has halted dollar payment to some extent. They said the reason is to put an end to terrorism funding and also increase interest rate for foreign transactions.

I don't fully support it. Am a computer programmer, it has affected me more than you think but it is what it is.

Am not against you but as long as Nigeria economy/security is crumbling, Crypto will continue to be barned.

Crypto will only work if it find way to obey Nigeria monetary policies which is almost impossible unless those policies are reviewed.

The best option in my opinion is for some crypto companies to work with the CBN by providing data regarding their Nigeria-based transactions. This will eliminate a lot of things CBN are holding against them.
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by sans17(m): 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2023
Finestgurlie:
nothing but we've been gaining nothing since 2015 so nothing new.
tinubu is an armed robber so his failure is sacrosanct.

Do you have proof that he is an armed robber? Has any court convicted him of any crime?

There are better ways to disagree with someone, but it is more gross to call someone unprintable names.
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by quickhubservice: 9:09pm On Jun 10, 2023
GENES11S:

Am telling you that a goat has four legs, you are telling me that goats eat grasses.

Though your statement is correct, it does not disprove my argument.

Why is it so hard to get an active crypto user to be honest or is it that you people are ignorant about Nigeria monetary policies?

Do you know that by our policy, all monetary transactions must be transparent and traceable (to Nigeria)?

To the main issue...

Does Cryptocurrency transactions in Nigeria make use of P2P? YES

You can say the devaluation occurs from P2P which is a third party in this case but there is something called guilty by association/affiliation.
Even if you don't commit a crime yourself but your platform is used to do it (or benefits from it), then you are guilty by association.

Yes, CBN has halted dollar payment to some extent. They said the reason is to put an end to terrorism funding and also increase interest rate for foreign transactions.

I don't fully support it. Am a computer programmer, it has affected me more than you think but it is what it is.

Am not against you but as long as Nigeria economy/security is crumbling, Crypto will continue to be barned.

Crypto will only work if it find way to obey Nigeria monetary policies which is almost impossible unless those policies are reviewed.

The best option in my opinion is for some crypto companies to work with the CBN by providing data regarding their Nigeria-based transactions. This will eliminate a lot of things CBN are holding against them.

Ok we are on the same page Sha.
Nigerian economy is the problem notice that even as government pulled the plug on letting banks involve and process transactions involving crypto, nothing really changed, there are still people having a million dollars worth of Bitcoin that are ready and willing to exchange it no matter where the cash is coming from. crypto was made to remove government policies from people's money so I don't know how they can mix the two up so that government or banks can monitor money movements.
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by jibs4lv(m): 9:28pm On Jun 10, 2023
Finestgurlie:
cheesy

I remembered when buhari entered newly, people where busy hailing his imaginary body odour language that he's working immediately.
something similar is also happening today people hailing the drug baron so early.
one thing is certain and just like Buhari failure, Tinubu is bound to fail because you can't build a mansion on faulty foundation and expect success.
we go see am.
You don't read, even if you read , you don't understand.

You are a failure already.
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by Beegrace: 10:11pm On Jun 10, 2023
I don't know you but trust me a simple goggle search should do the magic
sotall:

Go educate yourself

Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by Beegrace: 10:19pm On Jun 10, 2023
This may also help you
sotall:

Go educate yourself

Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by sotall(m): 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2023
Beegrace:
This may also help you
Yinmu..you are neck-deep in arguing blindly looking for shallow points to backup your blind stand.

International Binance is the parent company of Binance US. They are separate entities in the sense that they run independently from each other but operated/controlled by same firm called Binance.
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by Beegrace: 10:34pm On Jun 10, 2023
Ok..... Smiling
sotall:

Yinmu..you are neck-deep in arguing blindly looking for shallow points to backup your blind stand.

International Binance is the parent company of Binance US. They are separate entities in the sense that they run independently from each other but operated/controlled by same firm called Binance.
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by Kaysalas(m): 10:49pm On Jun 10, 2023
You have started well. Your 4/8 year wailing is renewed. wink

Finestgurlie:
cheesy

we go see am.

Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by payloader(m): 11:15pm On Jun 10, 2023
This is not Binance, but a platform called Binance Ng Ltd
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by Breakfreee: 8:07am On Jun 11, 2023
Is SEC still alive abi they just wake up all of a sudden.
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by omoadeleye(m): 8:12am On Jun 11, 2023
mariovito:
These guys just like to set us back.

First you ban crypto, how did you expect them to get your so called license?

Anyway, now that the ban on crypto has been lifted, I believe Binance will do the needful and regularize their position.

Crypto trading are not regulated so anything can xup at anytime, SEC overseas all investing activities and they also protect investors.

Now that they won't be able to protect investors dealing in cryptos and when investors money now later crash, who do you think will take the major blame in the country?

So to prevent this from happening they have to avoid it from the country.

That means if you're trading cryptos on your own, you are on your own and no one will he responsible to help you recover your money.

So don't blame anyone.
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by Iyasaburi: 9:21am On Jun 11, 2023
GENES11S:

All Banks trade dollar at CBN rate. Stop spreading fake news.

Is it available?
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by obama99: 1:00am On Jun 12, 2023
Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by Yashita: 1:07am On Jun 12, 2023
GENES11S:
In developed countries, Crypto exchange trading rate obeys the country's exchange policies (for the host country against other countries).

In Nigeria, CBN exchange rate is around 460 naira to dollar. Crypto has never obeyed this, not even once.
Their exchange rate is usually around 740 to 840 therefore contributing to the downfall of Naira while promoting the dollar.

Even payment company like PayPal had to obey every countries monetary policy. It's either you accept it or you don't operate there. It's simple.

Nigerians should shun crypto for now until they take our monetary policy seriously. Right now, we are helping them to destroy our economy.

I just agree with you on this.

Even Ghanaians are enjoying the benefits of trading on Binance with little to no difference in exchange rates.

It’s best we tweet this openly, tagging @BinanceHelpDesk on every corner.

We hope they get the message and do something about it.

Please use twitter.

1 Like

Re: SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity by solreb: 8:09am On Jun 12, 2023
GENES11S:
In developed countries, Crypto exchange trading rate obeys the country's exchange policies (for the host country against other countries).

In Nigeria, CBN exchange rate is around 460 naira to dollar. Crypto has never obeyed this, not even once.
Their exchange rate is usually around 740 to 840 therefore contributing to the downfall of Naira while promoting the dollar.

Even payment company like PayPal had to obey every countries monetary policy. It's either you accept it or you don't operate there. It's simple.

Nigerians should shun crypto for now until they take our monetary policy seriously. Right now, we are helping them to destroy our economy.
Your point pf view is misleading and wrong. Before CBN banned the operations of crypto exchanges their exchange rate was CBN rate.and I bought several times in 2020 like this.. With the ban, you can only buy via customer to customer (p2p) transaction on their platform and the exchange does not control the rates. The rates for p2p transactions are reflective of the black market rate we buy dollar So, the exchange has no fault whatsoever. Even when the exchanges had not been banned customers on p2p used to make profit buying from the exchangeable selling at higher rate or vice versa. This is called arbitrage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Your Best Investment Option, Key In Now / The Surge In Ponzi Schemes More Likely To Choke MMM Than Media Frenzy / Jpmorgan: Investors Lose N311bn In 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.