Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm (42324 Views)

My Maize Farm In Pictures / My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached / My New Tomatoes Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm by cutieme(m): 1:58pm On Oct 20, 2023
emmaodet:
First of all, i am grateful for this forum in getting and hiring a good farm manager.
My former manager frustrated me and i ran at loss last year but so far so good, the person i hired on nairaland has been faithful, loyal and hard working.
Bro I'd like to chat you up,can you please drop me your WhatsApp contact?
Re: My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm by emmaodet: 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2023
cutieme:

Bro I'd like to chat you up,can you please drop me your WhatsApp contact?

Bro, send me a pm and then we can talk offline
Re: My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm by JayB007(m): 4:45am On Oct 21, 2023

This is too much bro

My landlord gets cheaper workers from Benue at the rate of 200k/year

Pls how can I get in touch with you/your landlord I need at least 2 farm workers
Re: My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm by cutieme(m): 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2023
emmaodet:

Bro, send me a pm and then we can talk offline

That's my email address bro,you can drop me your number there then we can chat,I can't pm you here as I'm no longer using the email address I used in opening my profile.
Re: My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm by emmaodet: 5:04pm On Oct 21, 2023
cutieme:

martiniyke12@gmail.com
That's my email address bro,you can drop me your number there then we can chat,I can't pm you here as I'm no longer using the email address I used in opening my profile.

Ok
Re: My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm by DavidEbu: 6:12am On Oct 22, 2023
My oga sir, I don't know the animal that is eating up my tata she pepper fruits. Pls help
Re: My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm by Gerrard59(m): 8:24am On Nov 02, 2023
emmaodet:

Ok

Nice thread bros. I just read an article about cassava farming in the east, and from it, what ought to be available there is a processing facility which would take up their harvest. Your post about processing groundnuts made me go through your profile. Truly, apart from workers' dishonesty, my major fear is Fulani herdsmen.

Are your future plans targeted at processing the produce or being an out-grower to those Indian facilities within Ogun?

I really wish you the best.
Re: My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm by emmaodet: 8:41am On Nov 02, 2023
Gerrard59:

Nice thread bros. I just read an article about cassava farming in the east, and from it, what ought to be available there is a processing facility which would take up their harvest. Your post about processing groundnuts made me go through your profile. Truly, apart from workers' dishonesty, my major fear is Fulani herdsmen.

Are your future plans targeted at processing the produce or being an out-grower to those Indian facilities within Ogun?

I really wish you the best.

Thanks very much bro.
I don't plan processing again until there is 25hrs power supply in Nigeria.
There is too many headache in biz already, so I will just stick to doing one line while transferring the remaining headaches to the next person or processor.
For maize, I have feedmillers on stby buying it.
For groundnuts, I had millers too who will buy when on ground but have mostly folded up.
So my target market is now kulikuli producers, groundnut bottle makers and peanut burger makers.
Re: My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm by Gerrard59(m): 8:52am On Nov 02, 2023
emmaodet:

Thanks very much bro.
I don't plan processing again until there is 25hrs power supply in Nigeria.
There is too many headache in biz already, so I will just stick to doing one line while transferring the remaining headaches to the next person or processor.
For maize, I have feedmillers on stby buying it.
For groundnuts, I had millers too who will buy when on ground but have mostly folded up.
So my target market is now kulikuli producers, groundnut bottle makers and peanut burger makers.

Let me get it you straight, many groundnut millers have folded up? Not just you? This is within your region (SW), right? Not the north?

Congrats on being a major supplier. There is money in processing (that is where the money in agriculture lies anyway), but power supply has been a major bottleneck. I think you are well grounded in Nigeria; if not, Ghana or Ivory Coast would have been a better option. My mom says Benin Republic even enjoys 24 hours power supply. embarassed

Nevertheless, I look forward to learning from you, online or physically.

2 Likes

Re: My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm by emmaodet: 9:30am On Nov 02, 2023
Gerrard59:

Let me get it you straight, many groundnut millers have folded up? Not just you? This is within your region (SW), right? Not the north?

Congrats on being a major supplier. There is money in processing (that is where the money in agriculture lies anyway), but power supply has been a major bottleneck. I think you are well grounded in Nigeria; if not, Ghana or Ivory Coast would have been a better option. My mom says Benin Republic even enjoys 24 hours power supply. embarassed

Nevertheless, I look forward to learning from you, online or physically.

No problem bro.
I did tomatoes, pepper, maize and groundnuts this year and the harvest from the first 3 haven't been encouraging or as expected and what have noticed in farming is that it is more effective and efficient but can't say cheaper to use tractor than manual workers.
The human factor is really affecting agriculture.
I plan to get a tractor next year and hopefully will see an improvement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm by seguno2: 7:43pm On Nov 02, 2023
emmaodet:
No problem bro.
I did tomatoes, pepper, maize and groundnuts this year and the harvest from the first 3 haven't been encouraging or as expected and what have noticed in farming is that it is more effective and efficient but can't say cheaper to use tractor than manual workers.
The human factor is really affecting agriculture.
I plan to get a tractor next year and hopefully will see an improvement

Will you get the tractor on hire from the company directly, or will you get it as a cooperative with other farmers
Re: My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm by emmaodet: 8:42pm On Nov 02, 2023
seguno2:

Will you get the tractor on hire from the company directly, or will you get it as a cooperative with other farmers

Outright buy for personal use
Re: My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm by kabanayol9(m): 7:58pm On Dec 10, 2023
emmaodet:

Let's see how it goes.
Remind me by end of the year when we have done our audit and decide how many acres to add to the farm and determine people to add
Good evening sir, long time, how are you and how is the family doing sir?
You said i should remind you at the end of this year when you have done audit and how many acres to be added to the farm and also determine the number of people to add.
I am still interested, thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm by Gerrard59(m): 3:12pm On Apr 28
emmaodet:

Outright buy for personal use

Hello Sir,

I am curious: how much is a bag of sunflower seeds at the moment? How many bags make a ton? How are the bags of sunflower seeds weighed?

Thank you.
Re: My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm by emmaodet: 3:32pm On Apr 28
Gerrard59:

Hello Sir,

I am curious: how much is a bag of sunflower seeds at the moment? How many bags make a ton? How are the bags of sunflower seeds weighed?

Thank you.

Tbh, I don't know the present price of sunflower seeds but should be around 50k per 100kg bag because the price moves closely with the price of soya beans. They are all oilseeds.
10 of 100kg bags make a ton which is 1000kg.
They are mostly weighed in 100kg per bag.
Do you want to plant sunflower?
Because we have low demand for it in Nigeria.
Most companies producing vegetable oil uses soya beans, palm oil, sesame seeds and groundnut seeds most.
And the byproduct also doesn't move well with Nigerian feedmillers unlike soya beans meal, groundnut cake. They mostly shy away from sunflower cake.
Re: My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm by Gerrard59(m): 3:53pm On Apr 28
emmaodet:

Tbh, I don't know the present price of sunflower seeds but should be around 50k per 100kg bag because the price moves closely with the price of soya beans. They are all oilseeds.
10 of 100kg bags make a ton which is 1000kg.
They are mostly weighed in 100kg per bag.

Most companies producing vegetable oil uses soya beans, palm oil, sesame seeds and groundnut seeds most.
And the byproduct also doesn't move well with Nigerian feedmillers unlike soya beans meal, groundnut cake. They mostly shy away from sunflower cake.

Thank you for the information.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Enugu Man Celebrates Biggest Yam Harvest (Photo) / Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra / Almat Farms, Abuja In Pictures (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.