Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,159 members, 7,829,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Atheist vs Christians thread - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist vs Christians thread (2076 Views)

Atheist Vs Theist WHATSAPP GROUP (NEW) / Let's Talk About This ( Christians Thread Only) / Atheist VS Belivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 1:13pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

So why did their perfection suddenly start at time of spreading of gospel of Lord Jesus and suddenly end when edict of Millan legitimatized Christianity?
Where did chrestians “prefection” suddenly start at the lord jesus?

Your New Testament belongs to Chrestians.
Chrestianity was made a State Religion.

In Ptolemaic Egypt, the goddes Isis - she was the Last Queen of Ancient Egypt, when rulers were men, worshipped across the Roman Empire and the last Queen Cleopatra was the resurrected Isis - became Isis Chrest.

1 Like

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

Where is the selective wikipedia, why don’t you quote your own parts?
Christ is a greek word, and it means anointed with OIL.
In hebrew it is “messiah”, there are a lot of messiahs in tanakh.
Spirit means breathe, wind, air, why don’t you have knowledge on the words you are regurgitating?

I won't quote because it's a waste of time.
You are still lost in semantics. Lord Jesus is a LIVING SPIRIT. I pray you have a direct encounter with the Spirit, let's see if you won't turn 180 degrees like Paul!
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

Where did chrestians prefection suddenly start at the lord jesus?

Your New Testament belongs to Chrestians.
Chrestianity was made a State Religion.

In Ptolemaic Egypt, the goddes Isis - she was the Last Queen of Ancient Egypt, when rulers were men, worshipped across the Roman Empire and the last Queen Cleopatra was the resurrected Isis - became Isis Chrest.
I mean persecution. I corrected it right away
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You are still lost in semantics. Lord Jesus is a LIVING SPIRIT. I pray you have a direct encounter with the Spirit, let's see if you won't turn 180 degrees like Paul!
You are the one lost in semantics.
Jesus is a latin name for males.
Spirit means breathe.

I hope you have knowledge on the words you are using, and don’t be a yahweh worshipper waiting for a jewish saviour in a New Testament.

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I mean persecution. I corrected it right away
I don’t think you know who chrestians are.
It was chrestians who burnt down rome and killed nero, your new testament belongs to chrestians.

Mithridates Chrestus in Pontus (flourished 2nd century BCE). Inscription on Delos:
To Zeus Ourios on behalf of King
Mithradates Eupator
and his brother
Mithradates Chrestus
and their fortunes.

Gymnasiarch Dionysus son of Neon erected a statue of Eupator and Chrestus in 115 BCE; Ins. Delos 1560; Durrbach, Choix 187 No. 113; also dedication to Zeus Ourios on behalf of Eupator and Chrestus, Ins. Delos 1561, Durrbach, Choix 189 No. 114.

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

I don’t think you know who chrestians are.
It was chrestians who burnt down rome and killed nero, your new testament belongs to chrestians.

Mithridates Chrestus in Pontus (flourished 2nd century BCE). Inscription on Delos:
To Zeus Ourios on behalf of King
Mithradates Eupator
and his brother
Mithradates Chrestus
and their fortunes.

Gymnasiarch Dionysus son of Neon erected a statue of Eupator and Chrestus in 115 BCE; Ins. Delos 1560; Durrbach, Choix 187 No. 113; also dedication to Zeus Ourios on behalf of Eupator and Chrestus, Ins. Delos 1561, Durrbach, Choix 189 No. 114.

Here's what you should answer:

So why did their persecution suddenly start at time of spreading of gospel of Lord Jesus and suddenly end when edict of Millan legitimatized Christianity?
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Here's what you should answer:

So why did their persecution suddenly start at time of spreading of gospel of Lord Jesus and suddenly end when edict of Millan legitimatized Christianity?
Where in history did it say that, show me where Chrestians persecution started, which century?
Have you forgotten yall were first called chrestians in Antioch?

What century was your iesus born?

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

your new testament belongs to chrestians.

You've made this statement several times. So why is same NT full of words and exploits of Lord Jesus and his followers??
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You've made this statement several times. So why is same NT full of words and exploits of Lord Jesus and his followers??
Interpolations, editing, forgery and plagiarism.
New Testament is one of the most corrected document in history.

Outside of new testament created by chrestians, your iesus chrestua doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

Where in history did it say that, show me where Chrestians persecution started, which century?
Have you forgotten yall were first called chrestians in Antioch?

What century was your iesus born?

First, why are you writing Jesus as iesus cheesy
What is the genesis of these "Chrestians" and what are they so passionate about. The persecution all historians record is that which started with advent of followers of Lord Jesus and ended with Constantine
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 1:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

First, why are you writing Jesus as iesus cheesy
What is the genesis of these "Chrestians" and what are they so passionate about. The perfection all historians record is that which started with advent of followers of Lord Jesus and ended with Constantine
Where is “jesus” from?

Iesus chrestus doesn’t exist outside New Testament.

You said persecution, look at what suetonius said about chrestians that burnt rome and killed nero.

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 1:36pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

Interpolations, edition, forgery and plagiarism.
New Testament is one of the most corrected document in history.

Outside of new testament created by chrestians, your iesus chrestua doesn’t exist.

So who was the Chrestians writing about in this their book - the NT?
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

So who was the Chrestians writing about in this their book - the NT?
The new testament is a modern name given to it by early church fathers, they are called codex, go check out codex sinaiticus.

Let’s go to how the books are complied and added, most of the books in your New Testament are written by unknown authors.

remind: Chrestianity is a pagan, imperial cult starting in the early first century. It first appears as supporting imperial clients in the Levant and in so doing, opposing Messianic Judaism, seen as competing against the claimed divinity of the Emperor.

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

The new testament is a modern name given to it by early church fathers, they are called codex, go check out codex sinaiticus.

Let’s go to how the books are complied and added, most of the books in your New Testament are written by unknown authors.

remind: Chrestianity is a pagan, imperial cult starting in the early first century. It first appears as supporting imperial clients in the Levant and in so doing, opposing Messianic Judaism, seen as competing against the claimed divinity of the Emperor.

With all due respect my brother, this us pure nonsense. So what were the Chrestians so passionate about to the point of blissfully accepting death?
Who was St. Paill writing to? Why is NT full of Lord Jesus and not Chrestians?
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 1:50pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

With all due respect my brother, this us pure nonsense. So what were the Chrestians so passionate about to the point of blissfully accepting death?
Who was St. Paill writing to? Why is NT full of Lord Jesus and not Chrestians?
My brother it is rubbish to you because of indoctrination. There are many messiahs and chrestus with its followers.
Iesus chrestus doesn’t exist outside New Testament.
Show me when paul called himseld “chrestian”.

Look at what tacitus said about those that burnt rome.

Who are these early church fathers altering and doing forgery.

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 1:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

I thought you said Chrestianity started 100's of years BC. Isn't it so convenient that it now started 1st century.

My brother, this is a TOTAL waste of my time.
Nice chatting witcha
Bye bye
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I thought you said Chrestianity started 100's of years BC. Isn't it so convenient that it now started 1st century.

Nice chatting witcha
Bye bye
Yahweh worshipper ??
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_century_BC

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 1:55pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Nice chatting witcha
Bye bye
Don’t run.
Worship of serapsis started at 322BC
The worship of isis chrest started in In Ptolemaic Egypt, the goddes Isis - she was the Last Queen of Ancient Egypt, when rulers were men, worshipped across the Roman Empire and the last Queen Cleopatra was the resurrected Isis - became Isis Chrest.

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 1:55pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Nice chatting witcha
Bye bye
cheesy

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Nice chatting witcha
Bye bye
I just learnt something today, thank you, PoliteActivist.

Didn’t i tell you about the pioneers of chrestianity?

The worship of isis chrest started in In Ptolemaic Egypt, the goddes Isis - she was the Last Queen of Ancient Egypt, when rulers were men, worshipped across the Roman Empire and the last Queen Cleopatra was the resurrected Isis - became Isis Chrest.

Julius Caesar and later, Mark Antony, became the husband of this divine Cleopatra claiming the Romans as her Divine Consort; between them were fathered a number of children; among them was Antonia.

Antonia was the legitimate daughter of Mark Antony and Octavia Minor, and founded a polythesistic, imperial cult. Their followers called themselves Chrestian
in the early decades of the first century of the modern era.

We thus see that Isis Chrest is linked, through Cleopatra and Mark Antony, to Chrestianity.

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

Don’t run.
Worship of serapsis started at 322BC

Maynmann:

I just learnt something today, thank you, PoliteActivist.

Didn’t i tell you about the pioneers of chrestianity?

Julius Caesar and later, Mark Antony, became the husband of this divine Cleopatra claiming the Romans as her Divine Consort; between them were fathered a number of children; among them was Antonia.

Antonia was the legitimate daughter of Mark Antony and Octavia Minor, and founded a polythesistic, imperial cult. Their followers called themselves Chrestian
in the early decades of the first century of the modern era.

We thus see that Isis Chrest is linked, through Cleopatra and Mark Antony, to Chrestianity.

Don't run ke. Run where?
My brother discussions have to have some logic to them.
This reminds me of the tales of Otem Atum (search for him on NL).
Why are these Chrestians suddenly happy to die - for who exactly. And isn't it a little bit suspicious to you that their advent and persecution coincided perfectly with the followers of Lord Jesus?
Are you sure you are not Otem Atum with a new moniker?
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Don't run ke. Run where?
My brother discussions have to have some logic to them.
This reminds me of the tales of Otem Atum (search for him on NL).
Why are these Chrestians suddenly happy to die - for who exactly. And isn't it a little bit suspicious to you that their advent and persecution coincided perfectly with the followers of Lord Jesus?
Are you sure you are not Otem Atum with a new moniker?
That’s what religion does.

Can you provide evidence where there persecution coincided perfectly with the followers of lord jesus.
Outside New Testament, your iesus chrestus doesn’t exist.

Nero was crucifying chrestians.

I don’t know otem otem lol bwahahahaha

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

That’s what religion does.

Can you provide evidence where there persecution coincided perfectly with the followers of lord jesus.
Outside New Testament, your iesus chrestus doesn’t exist.

Nero was crucifying chrestians.

I don’t know otem otem lol bwahahahaha

See, this is what I'm saying: arguing a LIVING SPIRIT with someone not spiritual at all. It is a waste of time.

You keep saying "Outside New Testament, your iesus chrestus doesn’t exist". Firstly you know full well that's a lie. You know he was mentioned by historian Josephus - which is really miraculous. It is like a Nigerian historian mentioning a very minor Togolese religious cult leader with virtually no following, in the history of Nigeria!

That's what confuses you people - you confuse the stature of Lord Jesus today with his stature when he was crucified. Why would anyone mention him? Crucifixions were common and he was a very minor religious cult leader with very few followers, most of whom deserted at His death. Why would anyone writing history menton Him??

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

See, this is what I'm saying: arguing a LIVING SPIRIT with someone not spiritual at all. It is a waste of time.

You keep saying "Outside New Testament, your iesus chrestus doesn’t exist". Firstly you know full well that's a lie. You know he was mentioned by historian Josephus - which is really miraculous. It is like a Nigerian historian mentioning a very minor Togolese religious cult leader with virtually no following, in the history of Nigeria!

That's what confuses you people - you confuse the stature of Lord Jesus today with his stature when he was crucified. Why would anyone mention him? Crucifixions were common and he was a very minor religious cult leader with very few followers, most of whom deserted at His death. Why would anyone writing history menton Him??
Eusebius the master forger cheesy

You are a ignorant yahweh worshipper, do you really want to go into josephus cheesy

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Lyrics269: 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

The earlier you realize that jesus was not a real person, the better. The new testament is a work of interlink fiction.
Everything in the bible is made up and science don't take it seri

1 Like

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Lyrics269: 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

You are a ignorant yahweh worshipper, do you really want to go into josephus cheesy
Ywh worshippers are ignorant fools and are drunk like their mentally ill apostle.

1 Like

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2023
Lyrics269:

The earlier you realize that jesus was not a real person, the better. The new testament is a work of interlink fiction.
Everything in the bible is made up and science don't take it seri

You agree with me that things have to make sense, right?
Made up for WHAT PURPOSE??!!
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

Meaning what? I just told you it makes no sense that Lord Jesus be mentioned by any serious historian.
Why would someone writing the history of the British Empire mention some small time religious cult leader in Ota village?? That His mention is being discussed at all is a miracle!
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 4:12pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Meaning what? I just told you it makes no sense that Lord Jesus be mentioned by any serious historian.
Why would someone writing the history of the British Empire mention some small time religious cult leader in Ota village?? That His mention is being discussed at all is a miracle!
No historian mention Iesus chrestus.
What you showed me is an interpolation, all the works of josephus are gotten from eusebuis.

Josephus was talking about judas of Galilee.

That judas of Galilee became Iesus chrestus your savior.
You are worshipping a roman parody.

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 4:20pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

No historian mention Iesus chrestus.
What you showed me is an interpolation, all the works of josephus are gotten from eusebuis.

Josephus was talking about judas of Galilee.

That judas of Galilee became Iesus chrestus your savior.
You are worshipping a roman parody.

There you go again with your selective quotation of Wikipedia (which anyone can edit by the way).
Mention of Lord Jesus was by Eusebus but mentiom 9f Judas was not!

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Lyrics269: 4:24pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You agree with me that things have to make sense, right? Made up for WHAT PURPOSE??!!
To control the mind, just like the nigerian constitution
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 4:24pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

There you go again with your selective quotation of Wikipedia (which anyone can edit by the way).
Mention of Lord Jesus was by Eusebus but mentiom 9f Judas was not!

You are confused and desperate. Why don’t you edit it? Go ahead

Who is Eusebius?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Anti-christ: Male Or Female / Do You Believe The Story Of Ham's Curse? / All Religions Are Purely For Deception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.