Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,326 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Atheist vs Christians thread - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist vs Christians thread (2106 Views)

Atheist Vs Theist WHATSAPP GROUP (NEW) / Let's Talk About This ( Christians Thread Only) / Atheist VS Belivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 4:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

You are confused and desperate.

Who is Eusebius?

I am confused and desperate??
It would seem you just described yourself.
Here you are, arguing something that has long been settled by TIME. Different if these things happened yesterday. These are things that have stood the test of time. Lord Jesus was FORTOLD extensively before he came. And when he came he confirmed he was the one foretold and said time would prove it because all these other messiahs (there were many) would fade away but his words and ministry would only expand and last. Herr we are 2000 years later and He is 100% right. Yet you are still arguing ! What exactly are you arguing??!!
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 4:35pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I am confused and desperate? It would seem you just described yourself.
Here you are, arguing something that has long been settled by TIME. Different if these things happened yesterday. These are things that have stood the test of time. Lord Jesus was FORTOLD extensively before he came. And when he came he confirmed he was the one foretold and said time would prove it because all these other messiahs (there were many) would fade away but his words and ministry would only expand and last. Herr we are 2000 years later and He is 100% right. Yet you are still arguing ! What exactly are you arguing??!!

Where was jesus foretold extensively, inside the tanakh?
Bring it out.

Jesus was born in 8-4 BCE (Matthew) and in 6 CE at the Census of Cyrenius (Luke). Judas was mentioned by Josephus in 4 BCE, relating to the Golden Eagle Temple Cleansing (Ant. 17.149-167) and in 6 CE, regarding the Census of Cyrenius (Ant. 18.1-10) The birth narratives in Matthew and Luke are both inconsistent with the reign of Pilate and the ministry of John the Baptist. For example, if Jesus were born in 4 BCE and died thirty-three years later, then he would have died around 30 CE, during the reign of Pilate but five years before John the Baptist’s death. (Ant. 18.116-119) If Jesus were born in 6 CE and died thirty-three years later, then he would have died in 39 CE, a few years after John the Baptist but two years after Pilate left Judea. Both accounts appear historically flawed. These two birth narratives were strategically placed in an era when Judas the Galilean’s ministry flourished. This deception moved the adult Jesus thirty years away from Judas the Galilean, thus hiding the Messiah's true identity.
This misdirection by the Gospel writers has worked brilliantly. Very few scholars have even considered Jesus outside of the 30 CE timeframe. This is even more disturbing considering Jesus' brother, James, was purported to be ninety-six years old in 62 CE. Even if this slightly exaggerates his age by ten years, James' birth date can be estimated at approximately 35-25 BCE. Jesus was the older brother and could not have been born any later than 25 BCE.

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

Bring it out.

Jesus was born in 8-4 BCE (Matthew) and in 6 CE at the Census of Cyrenius (Luke). Judas was mentioned by Josephus in 4 BCE, relating to the Golden Eagle Temple Cleansing (Ant. 17.149-167) and in 6 CE, regarding the Census of Cyrenius (Ant. 18.1-10) The birth narratives in Matthew and Luke are both inconsistent with the reign of Pilate and the ministry of John the Baptist. For example, if Jesus were born in 4 BCE and died thirty-three years later, then he would have died around 30 CE, during the reign of Pilate but five years before John the Baptist’s death. (Ant. 18.116-119) If Jesus were born in 6 CE and died thirty-three years later, then he would have died in 39 CE, a few years after John the Baptist but two years after Pilate left Judea. Both accounts appear historically flawed. These two birth narratives were strategically placed in an era when Judas the Galilean’s ministry flourished. This deception moved the adult Jesus thirty years away from Judas the Galilean, thus hiding the Messiah's true identity.
This misdirection by the Gospel writers has worked brilliantly. Very few scholars have even considered Jesus outside of the 30 CE timeframe. This is even more disturbing considering Jesus' brother, James, was purported to be ninety-six years old in 62 CE. Even if this slightly exaggerates his age by ten years, James' birth date can be estimated at approximately 35-25 BCE. Jesus was the older brother and could not have been born any later than 25 BCE.

Talk about being confused and desperate. So everything written about this wonderful Judas and John the Baptist are perfect but all the old writings about Jesus by his associates and followers being found in various caves and parchment till today are all false, all made up!
My friend Embrace the TRUTH!
Lord Jesus is not a one off. He was foretold. He came and said he was the one foretold. Most importantly, he has been working wonders in people's lives all these centuries, and here you are, mired in arguments as to wether he was one Judas! Unbelievable!

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Talk about being confused and desperate. So everything written about this wonderful Judas and John the Baptist are perfect but all the old writings about Jesus by his associates and followers being found in various caves and parchment till today are all false, all made up!
My friend Embrace the TRUTH!
Lord Jesus is not a one off. He was foretold. He came and said he was the one foretold. Most importantly, he has been working wonders in people's lives all these centuries, and here you are, mired in arguments as to wether he was one Judas! Unbelievable!
Josephus was writing about history and there are other sources that agrees with it.

What old writings by jesus associate?
All the gospel were written by UNKNOWN AUTHORS.
The earliest and original New Testament belongs to chrestians.
My friend, You HAVE BEEN DUPED.

Gospel of mark is the first gospel to be written, others copied mark work.

You know jesus means yahweh saves.
Have you look up yahweh on Wikipedia, don’t cherry pick oo grin

You are yet to tell me when “Christianity” went to rome cheesy

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

T

Another desperation, who are the authors of the Isaiah book you are quoting, or you think they were written in one century by Isaiah.
You believe Isaiah saw the future bwahahaha
Believers sha grin

That chapter would be about a Jewish leader of the sixth century BCE, probably Zedekiah, the last king of Judah, whose eyes were put out (“wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities”) before he was taken in chains (“brought as a lamb to the slaughter”) to prison in Babylon. That takes it out of the realm of prophecy but into the context in which Second Isaiah was writing.

In Isaiah 53:6, the Lord has placed all the guilt and blame for the present circumstances onto the Suffering Servant—the man who had been their king. Isaiah 53:4 tells us that, as their king, Zedekiah took responsibility for the suffering of the people (“borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows”) and they esteemed his sufferings and afflictions at the hands of his Babylonian captors.

Isaiah 53:3 tells us the Jews exiled with the man of sorrows hid their faces from him and despised him.

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 5:31pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

Josephus was writing about history and there are other sources that agrees with it.

What old writings by jesus associate?
All the gospel were written by UNKNOWN AUTHORS.
The earliest and original New Testament belongs to chrestians.
My friend, You HAVE BEEN DUPED.

Gospel of mark is the first gospel to be written, others copied mark work.

You know jesus means yahweh saves.
Have you look up yahweh on Wikipedia, don’t cherry pick oo grin

You are yet to tell me when “Christianity” went to rome cheesy

You keep quoting nonsense written by anti-christians and argumentative atheists. My man, Lord Jesus is a LIVING SPIRIT that went to Rome, Europe, Africa, and supplanted all their false gods. Paul was like you. I hope you have encounter with the Spirit like he did. It'd open your eyes!
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 5:37pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You keep quoting nonsense written by anti-christians and argumentative atheists. My man, Lord Jesus is a LIVING SPIRIT that went to Rome, Europe, Africa, and supplanted all their false gods. Paul was like you. I hope you have encounter with the Spirit like he did. It'd open your eyes!
My man, jesus is a latin name given for males.
Spirit means breathe, wind, air.
Your Iesus chrestus doesn’t exist outside New Testament created by chrestians.
You have been DUPED, believer.

I hope you don’t die a yahweh worshipper waiting for a jewish savior!

Look at the original ending of mark.
https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/new-testament/the-strange-ending-of-the-gospel-of-mark-and-why-it-makes-all-the-difference/

1 Like

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Nawa4nl: 5:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
Lyrics269:

Lgbt is not pervesion, the same bible that condemned it also condemned mixing together clothes of different colors. it also support slavery and domestic abuse
LGBT is satanic angry
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Lyrics269: 6:18pm On Jun 12, 2023
Nawa4nl:

LGBT is satanic angry
But your god was gay, hates women, approved genocides, stoning and the famous one human sacrifice.
LGBT is here to stay, tell Iesus to chase them out. Jesus wan jo soapy
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 6:27pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/new-testament/the-strange-ending-of-the-gospel-of-mark-and-why-it-makes-all-the-difference/

Bros, you keep missing the fact that Jesus is Spirit. How does Mark ending in unicorns affect that? A spirit working in people's lives as we speak, TODAY! No amount of revisionism can negate that!
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 6:31pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

Things ought have a reason.
So why did "Chrestians" create the NT or was it that they didn't have enough to worry about with all those persecutions from Romans?!
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by FRANCISTOWN: 6:32pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

Bring it out.

We know Jesus never lived, he was just a fairy character, but let's pretend like we don't know so that this faithfuls can have something to believe in. Everybody shout hallelujah 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by FRANCISTOWN: 6:36pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

I was having this argument with someone on NL I think last week.

I told the guy that Jesus never lived. That man called Lesus Chrestus never walked on the surface of this Earth. Whether he lived in Mars, I don't care.
There is no Jesus anywhere, that nigga never lived

1 Like

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by FRANCISTOWN: 6:38pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Most importantly, he has been working wonders in people's lives all these centuries, and here you are, mired in arguments as to wether he was one Judas! Unbelievable!
Which wonders has he been working?
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by vdestro: 6:39pm On Jun 12, 2023
Lyrics269:

But your god was gay, hates women, approved genocides, stoning and the famous one human sacrifice.

Time don reach make bad bad things dey flow for Nigeria make una devils just dey die like mosquito.
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Lyrics269: 6:43pm On Jun 12, 2023
vdestro:

Time don reach make bad bad things dey flow for Nigeria make una devils just dey die like mosquito.
Na your mama go first die
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
Lyrics269:

How is his God gay?
My problem with supporting LGBTQ+ is that it is a slippery slope. Any country that starts out not persecuting them ends up taken over be them. That's why I support they be mildly persecuted and always reminded it is abnormaf
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Lyrics269: 6:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

That's why I support they be mildly persecuted and always reminded it is abnormaf
Persecuted?
I thought you religion was base on love towards others. Stop being a dirty hypocrite.
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by vdestro: 6:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
Lyrics269:

Na your mama go first die

You just dey waste your talk na only people like una and una family dey die mumu die like d idiot wey out of efribody wey dey inside water, na im shark chop bellefull. Na so e be for una devils. Everyday, bad bad things must follow una till una die mumu die.
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 6:58pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Bros, you keep missing the fact that Jesus is Spirit. How does Mark ending in unicorns affect that? A spirit working in people's lives as we speak, TODAY! No amount of revisionism can negate that!
Yahweh worshipper, Jesus is a latin name for males, spirit means breathe.
Don’t delude yourself, you don too watch movies, that’s where you got the idea of “spirit”.

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Lyrics269: 6:58pm On Jun 12, 2023
vdestro:

You just dey waste your talk na only people like una and una family dey die mumu die like d idiot wey out of efribody wey dey inside water, na im shark chop bellefull. Na so e be for una devils. Everyday, bad bad things must follow una till una die mumu die.
But i go live pass your entire generation. But no forget to invite me for your mama and generation burial.
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 7:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Things ought have a reason.
So why did "Chrestians" create the NT or was it that they didn't have enough to worry about with all those persecutions from Romans?!
Do you think the books in the New Testament was written at the same time?
Start by asking, Who are the chrestians?
If you know them you will know why they burnt rome and killed nero which made them to be persecuted but later became state religion.

Codex Sinaiticus, of the fourth century, was explicitly Chrestian; this Bible was conceived as Black Propaganda against Messianic Judaism, which is one reason why the early dates offered for its individual books are highly doubtful; it parodies both the Ebionim and the Messianic expectations of sacred, Jewish literature, after the Wars had ended.

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by vdestro: 7:05pm On Jun 12, 2023
Lyrics269:

But i go live pass your entire generation. But no forget to invite me for your mama and generation burial.

You no go pass 40 and you no get sense to know say no be everybody be pikin like you. You never see anything yet, else you for know say long life of suffer suffer and cry cry na better punishment. Mumu pikin.
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Lyrics269: 7:14pm On Jun 12, 2023
vdestro:

You no go pass 40 and you no get sense to know say no be everybody be pikin like you. You never see anything yet, else you for know say long life of suffer suffer and cry cry na better punishment. Mumu pikin.
Idiot and nonsense ingredient.
na LGBT matter go kill you
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by vdestro: 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2023
Lyrics269:

Idiot and nonsense ingredient.
na LGBT matter go kill you

Lgbt na one of demons wey dey come torment you. Na una i just dey pity as na una go still chop all the bad bad things wey dem go bring.
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Lyrics269: 7:21pm On Jun 12, 2023
vdestro:

Lgbt na one of demons wey dey come torment you.
Take your Xtain ass elsewhere. Go worship your idol
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 8:03pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

Where is the selective wikipedia, why don’t you quote your own parts?
Christ is a greek word, and it means anointed with OIL.
In hebrew it is “messiah”, there are a lot of messiahs in tanakh.
Spirit means breathe, wind, air, why don’t you have knowledge on the words you are regurgitating?

FRANCISTOWN:

I was having this argument with someone on NL I think last week.

I told the guy that Jesus never lived. That man called Lesus Chrestus never walked on the surface of this Earth. Whether he lived in Mars, I don't care.
There is no Jesus anywhere, that nigga never lived

Yes, there were indeed a lots of Messiahs and then there was one carpenter without money, connections, or much followership, who claimed oneness with God, and said way back then, over 2000 years ago, that how you'd know the real messiah was that the fake ones would all fade away. Sure enough, over 2000 years later, here we are!

About Jesus never lived, has it ever occured to you guys that someone with an agenda is lying to you, manipulating you?
It is now, over 2000 years later that you suddenly find out Jesus never lived. Those who lived close to his time on earth not only knew he lived but were fanatical about him, including emperors and learned ones.
Have you ever asked yourself why it is only people who live over 2000 years after his crucification who came up with the idea he never lived??
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Yes, there were indeed a lots of Messiahs and then there was one carpenter without money, connections, or much followership, who claimed oneness with God, and said way back then, over 2000 years ago, that how you'd know the real messiah was that the fake ones would all fade away. Sure enough, over 2000 years later, here we are!
All your stories only exist inside New Testament.
Lots of religions are over 2000 years old, go and check zeus cult lol
Even serapsis cult is over 2000 years old.

One has a natural tendency to look to religions to be based on something positive, good; Chrestianity was the exact opposite: it was political, with the purpose of supporting Imperial clients in the Levant against Messianic Judaism (which was a rising force).

It did this not by promoting itself, but by instigating conflict with Messianic Jews, just look at their character and actions: the Imperial chamberlain Epaphroditus; the Prefect of Judaea, Felix; the common-law wife of Emperor Vespasian, Caenis.

They are those members who built the sect through the first century, killing Nero and Domitian (within less than a century).

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

This early chrestians are literally trolling grin
You have to be dumb to be a believer, believing a Virgin gave birth grin

1 Like

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 8:19pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

One has a natural tendency to look to religions to be based on something positive, good; Chrestianity was the exact opposite: it was political, with the purpose of supporting Imperial clients in the Levant against Messianic Judaism (which was a rising force).

It did this not by promoting itself, but by instigating conflict with Messianic Jews, just look at their character and actions: the Imperial chamberlain Epaphroditus; the Prefect of Judaea, Felix; the common-law wife of Emperor Vespasian, Caenis.

They are those members who built the sect through the first century, killing Nero and Domitian (within less than a century).

You missed the second part of my post.
Here:

About Jesus never lived, has it ever occured to you guys that someone with an agenda is lying to you, manipulating you?
It is now, over 2000 years later that you suddenly find out Jesus never lived. Those who lived close to his time on earth not only knew he lived but were fanatical about him, including emperors and learned ones.
Have you ever asked yourself why it is only people who live over 2000 years after his crucification who came up with the idea he never lived??!
Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by Maynmann: 8:24pm On Jun 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You missed the second part of my post.
Here:

Have you ever asked yourself why it is only people who live over 2000 years after his crucification who came up with the idea he never lived??!
Iesus chrestus doesn’t exist outside New Testament, it’s a Roman Paraody.
There are many religions that lasted more than 2000 years.

Re: Atheist vs Christians thread by PoliteActivist: 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

Maynmann:

Iesus chrestus doesn’t exist outside New Testament, it’s a Roman Paraody.
There are many religions that lasted more than 2000 years.

Of course Christian stories exist in the NT, where else do you want them to exist? It is like asking why the details of the life of your family patriarch only exist in a book written by your family. Why would anyone else care to write about your family patriarch??

Zeus never lived. Mention another person who could forgive sins or asked people to call upon him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Turning The Other Cheek / Pastor Peter Kayode's Story - True Or False? / 'igbo; Judah. Yoruba; Edom. Hausa; Babylon. These, The Bible Reveals, Are The Re

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.