Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? (862 Views)

Shortcomings Of Organized Religion / Organized Religion A Tool Of Control And Manipulation / Perfect Religion: Why Do Some Pastors Emphasise Mala. 3:10 More Than James 1:27? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by atheistandproud(m): 4:13pm On Jun 11, 2023
TookDownYourMum:

Do you have a reading comprehension?

The guy's actually very dumb. If only he could see it. How daft he really is. But as we say in Delta, craze man no know say e dey craze, na people wey dey look am na know say e dey craze.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by TookDownYourMum: 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2023
atheistandproud:

Islam, plagiarized from Christianity.

Christianity, plagiarized from Judaism.

Judaism, plagiarized from Sumerian religion

The lore of LOTR is too advanced. Na Harry Potter you suppose to compare am with. A Children's book.

And even then, when you look into Italian history, the Romans have no records of a man named Jesus Christ and they recorded every execution they carried out. Not a single contemporary writer wrote a single word about him or any stories about him. Stories about the fictional character named JC only written about 300 years later after his supposedly execution.
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by atheistandproud(m): 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2023
TookDownYourMum:

And even then, when you look into Italian history, the Romans have no records of a man named Jesus Christ and they recorded every execution they carried out. Not a single contemporary writer wrote a single word about him or any stories about him. Stories about the fictional character named JC only written about 300 years later after his supposedly execution.

I suspect that Josephus was either a fraud or his writings were edited.
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by vdestro: 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2023
HappyPagan:

Na only people wey you like wey be good people. You must think you are the center of your world, and others.

Na only those wey do good to me na im i dey like and na so d world take sweet me.
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by vdestro: 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
TookDownYourMum:

It can not be there for the execution of Christ was not one borne out of roman administration processes. Like you searching for the case of Eshubayi Eleko vs the Governent of Nigeria (1931) in a British book. It was the British who judged this case, yet you would not find it in their texts.

So, you have no point at all. You can not be going to sahara desert to find iroko

1 Like

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by saladinnoir: 5:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
TookDownYourMum:

I'm not a Christian but i believe it is universally agreed among most prominent historians that jesus did exist. His stories were written long after he died that's true
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by FRANCISTOWN: 10:48am On Jun 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ they have a reason calling those who still live debased lives because the God they believe ordered them to speak with others and make disciples {Matthew 28:18-20} so they're hoping to be repaid for what they're doing. Hebrews 11:6
But what reason does atheists have coming to the religious section if not hypothetically returning to what they claim they've left behind?
Well let me show you why atheists are always here:
The true God foretold a time when humans will feel like something is wrong with what their fellow man believes {Malachi 3:16} some like you will only wish to argue preferring no solution while God's servants will continue to give you a reason to believe in the solution God foretold {Malachi 3:18} of course atheism will outsmart people like you who aren't worshipers of the true God in the first place but before any school of thought we will prove that we are of higher intelligence! Isaiah 54:17

You should have noticed how difficult it is to beat JWs when it comes to power of reasoning because we will calmly show you the truth about faith which you never knew when you were still with the churches of Christendom! smiley

The God they believe?
Just read what you wrote up there.
Is "The God they believe" relevant in
the Nigerian Constitution?
"The God they believe" is not even
and authority in the Nigerian Code
of Conduct.

If the Unreal God that they believe
ordered them to go about disturbing
people's peace.
Then an atheist also has every right
to believe his common sense.

The "God they believe" my ass.

By the way, atheists can't hold
anything in the Bible with a grain
of salt. That book is not half as
good as Harry Potter.

You really expected everyone to
believe in some old fairy book
written to interest kids?

Recently about a month ago.
A man was arrested in the streets
of U.K for open evangelism.Why
didnt the officer pardon the
man because he was about his
business for "The God they believe
in".

If you guys did it, it's cool, but if somebody
else did it. It's bad?

I'm utterly disappointed

3 Likes

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by FRANCISTOWN: 10:54am On Jun 12, 2023
jmoore:

You guys love delusion. How many atheists are in your own village? You dey shout revolution.
Use Google. The stats is there.
Compare the figures from 2010 to 2023
Let's see whether Atheism has increased or decreased

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by HappyPagan: 7:08pm On Jul 09, 2023
@nlfpmod
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by Image123(m): 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2023
HappyPagan:
DEEP SADNESS
You'd rather be honest than make them happy. They used to be your friends, and pals... now in their eyes, you have fallen for the enemy. Any interaction with you might be dangerous to their faith. They have doubts too, after all. But they'd rather hold on to what they fear. You kinda miss the meetings and organizations, the friendship and support that was always available.

This was the toughest for me to deal with. I had to learn to find groups of similar interests (gaming, tech, food). Me best friend is a Christian minister grin.

You changed so how do you reasonably expect them to maintain the same stance? You are now a drunk, a liar, a fornicator, a robber and a wicked sinning child of the devil. Only folks like me take the risk to still be close.
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by HappyPagan: 8:22pm On Jul 09, 2023
Image123:

You changed so how do you reasonably expect them to maintain the same stance? You are now a drunk, a liar, a fornicator, a robber and a wicked sinning child of the devil. Only folks like me take the risk to still be close.
God bless you.
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:11pm On Jul 09, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Recently about a month ago.
A man was arrested in the streets
of U.K for open evangelism.Why
didnt the officer pardon the
man because he was about his
business for "The God they believe
in".

You guys just form your opinions on the false religions that misinformed you!

Jesus never taught his disciples to disturb their neighbours with noise {Matthew 12:19} so that man is not one of Jesus' disciples! smiley
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by Image123(m): 5:55am On Jul 10, 2023
HappyPagan:

God bless you.

May He bless you too.
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:06am On Jul 10, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Use Google. The stats is there.
Compare the figures from 2010 to 2023
Let's see whether Atheism has increased or decreased

"and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold" Matthew 24:12

This is the reality because most feel irritated with the increase of lawlessness everywhere so the love you guys had for God in the past has grown cold! smiley
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by FRANCISTOWN: 6:20am On Jul 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

"and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold" Matthew 24:12

This is the reality because most feel irritated with the increase of lawlessness everywhere so the love you guys had for God in the past has grown cold! smiley
If your God existed to begin with. He is not worthy of being loved.
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by FRANCISTOWN: 6:31am On Jul 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You guys just form your opinions on the false religions that misinformed you!

Jesus never taught his disciples to disturb their neighbours with noise {Matthew 12:19} so that man is not one of Jesus' disciples! smiley

This was where Jesus handed the baton of noise making to his followers

What I tell you now in the darkness, shout abroad when daybreak comes. What I whisper in your ear, shout from the housetops for all to hear! -Matt 10:27

And the baton of disturbing everyone here.

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature(including goats and cockroaches, etc)
_Mark 16:15

You obviously don't read your bible
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:28am On Jul 10, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

If your God existed to begin with. He is not worthy of being loved.
This mindset is of a misinformed religionists who is now claiming atheist! wink
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:33am On Jul 10, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

This was where Jesus handed the baton of noise making to his followers
What I tell you now in the darkness, shout abroad when daybreak comes. What I whisper in your ear, shout from the housetops for all to hear! -Matt 10:27
And the baton of disturbing everyone here.
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature(including goats and cockroaches, etc)
_Mark 16:15

You obviously don't read your bible

So in a nutshell Christians whose beliefs in the first century Jewish community is a crime will be shouting in their neighbourhood shey? cheesy

You should have asked what he meant by that statement because if it's about shouting in the neighbourhood the scriptures will not say he doesn't disturb people with noise neither will he order his disciples to go visiting their neighbours and asking for permission before speaking! smiley
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by FRANCISTOWN: 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So in a nutshell Christians whose beliefs in the first century Jewish community is a crime will be shouting in their neighbourhood shey? cheesy

You should have asked what he meant by that statement because if it's about shouting in the neighbourhood the scriptures will not say he doesn't disturb people with noise neither will he order his disciples to go visiting their neighbours and asking for permission before speaking! smiley

Bring out any bible verse to counterattack what I've posted.

Now from whom do I ask from? The same person who didn't know those verses were in the Bible?

Also, what did I need to ask? Isn't that written in plain English language that even kids understand.

In addition, bring out where the bible says "Jesus never bothered people with noise."

Even at his death, he was still shouting. "Eli Eli...."

You guys use very high sound systems. You disturb the whole neighbourhood with your vigils, disturb movement with your crusades and retreats. Go to shimawa Redemption camp, go to otta. The traffic there is genocidal.

Some years back, a man was taking his labouring wife to the hospital and got caught up in the RCCG holy ghost meeting traffic. In short, the woman died in labour while still in that traffic.

Also at RCCG, a little boy of about 10yo also got hit by one of the excavators and the boy is deformed until this day

Jehovah Witness members that won't allow people to stay at home in peace, at their work place in peace. Ha! Always knocking and intruding people's rest.

And you dared say you guys don't disturb... Please please please, cut a slack

1 Like

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by FRANCISTOWN: 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

This mindset is of a misinformed religionists who is now claiming atheist! wink

Just incase you don't know.
I was once on my way to the seminary.
I was a member of the evangelism unit in many denominations.
I've been to all kinds of churches including JW.

Only white garment churches, I never attended.

I've read the Bible more than the usual .
If anyone's misinformed here. I'm glad to let you know that you are the one

1 Like

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by atheistandproud(m): 12:39pm On Jul 10, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

I was bible *trained from a very young age by JWs. I finished My book of Bible stories and graduated to Questions Young People ask and finished it before 2004.

I have been reading the Bible (Gen to Rev) since 2000 and I was selected as designated bible reader in my parents church at the tender age of 7. It was a big attraction. I had a special chair near the front and a mic to myself. I felt like a King. 😂😂😂

As a teenager, I was the head of my teens department from 2008 to 2012 in RCCG, Daystar Model Parish. There's nothing about the bible that any currently practicing Christian can tell me that I do not already know.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by FRANCISTOWN: 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2023
atheistandproud:

I was bible training from a very young age by JWs. I finished My book of Bible stories and graduated to Questions Young People ask and finished it before 2004.

I have been reading the Bible (Gen to Rev) since 2000 and I was selected as designated bible reader in my parents church at the tender age of 7. It was a big attraction. I had a special chair near the front and a mic to myself. I felt like a King. 😂😂😂

As a teenager, I was the head of my teens department from 2008 to 2012 in RCCG, Daystar Model Parish. There's nothing about the bible that any currently practicing Christian can tell me that I do not already know.
Thanks for this input. These guys don't know that many atheists especially ex christians understand the Bible more than them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:43pm On Jul 10, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Bring out any bible verse to counterattack what I've posted. Now from whom do I ask from? The same person who didn't know those verses were in the Bible? Also, what did I need to ask? Isn't that written in plain English language that even kids understand. In addition, bring out where the bible says "Jesus never bothered people with noise."
Even at his death, he was still shouting. "Eli Eli...."
According to the scriptures Jesus' voice is not heard in the streets:

"He will not quarrel nor cry aloud, nor will anyone hear his voice in the main streets" Matthew 12:19

So when he told his disciples to make what he told them known publicly {Matthew 10:27} he was talking about their meeting place of worship like the Temple and Synagogues where everyone can hear what Jesus told them in secret but to start disturbing neighbours with noise is totally unchristian.
WHY? Because from the time of Moses till John the baptist all what those prophets are saying could only be found in the commandments God gave the Israelites which has nothing to do with others nations so that's why their prophets always shout in their streets since what they're saying is like a reminder of their nations constitution.
But now that Jesus is commissioning Christianity they're to take this to other nations where people haven't heard about their God or His commandments before, that's why they must pay their neighbours uninvited friendly visits, ask for permission before speaking! Matthew 10:11-13 smiley

FRANCISTOWN:

You guys use very high sound systems. You disturb the whole neighbourhood with your vigils, disturb movement with your crusades and retreats. Go to shimawa Redemption camp, go to otta. The traffic there is genocidal.

Some years back, a man was taking his labouring wife to the hospital and got caught up in the RCCG holy ghost meeting traffic. In short, the woman died in labour while still in that traffic.

Also at RCCG, a little boy of about 10yo also got hit by one of the excavators and the boy is deformed until this day

They are not following what Jesus instituted my friend, rather they're calling for customers instead of going from house to house to speak with people so that they can answer questions having to do with their religion they just want to stay in one place throwing words at people like atheists are doing right here!

FRANCISTOWN:

Jehovah Witness members that won't allow people to stay at home in peace, at their work place in peace. Ha! Always knocking and intruding people's rest.
And you dared say you guys don't disturb... Please please please, cut a slack
Please tell me how you can approach your next neighbour if there is an imminent danger that can't be seen easily.

Jehovah's Witnesses will come anywhere you can be found, introduce themselves and tell you what they're there for, if you say you're not in the mood they will leave and come back another time but because you hate the truth you want to condemn reasonableness and here you are always throwing insults at your neighbours wishing to change their mind over what they have known all their lives saying "wèrè la fi ń wo wèrè"
Please in what way are you reasonable more than Jehovah's Witnesses who comes to speak with you one on one, face to face? smiley
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Says someone who can't figure out why billions around him are thinking of worshiping some higher intelligent beings.

Ọmọ there's a sharp difference between going to places of worship and intelligently studying what is happening around you! wink
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by FRANCISTOWN: 6:07am On Jul 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Says someone who can't figure out why billions around him are thinking of worshiping some higher intelligent beings.

Ọmọ there's a sharp difference between going to places of worship and intelligently studying what is happening around you! wink
Billions around me could be stupid, as long as it has nothing to do with me. I don't got problems.

Billions around me call on different gods and none of those gods has been able to proof it's existence.

Anyone who intelligently studies what's around him should know that there is no active god in this world.

2 Likes

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:23am On Jul 11, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Billions around me could be stupid, as long as it has nothing to do with me. I don't got problems.
Ọmọ you have a big problem! smiley
Lunatics always call everyone around them "STUPID" yet they can't present a better way of doing things than the way those they're calling "STUPID" does! wink
FRANCISTOWN:

Billions around me call on different gods and none of those gods has been able to proof it's existence.
What do you have to say about gravity and black holes?
So people around you worshiping different gods are living proof that there are unseen beings (supernaturals) around you so think intelligently. wink
FRANCISTOWN:

Anyone who intelligently studies what's around him should know that there is no active god in this world.
I have studied (intelligently) and i've discovered a God whose promises of thousands of years are been fulfilled today by His worshipers. I don't think there's any other way He can prove how active He is than that! wink
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by FRANCISTOWN: 6:24am On Jul 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

According to the scriptures Jesus' voice is not heard in the streets:

"He will not quarrel nor cry aloud, nor will anyone hear his voice in the main streets" Matthew 12:19

So when he told his disciples to make what he told them known publicly {Matthew 10:27} he was talking about their meeting place of worship like the Temple and Synagogues where everyone can hear what Jesus told them in secret but to start disturbing neighbours with noise is totally unchristian.
WHY? Because from the time of Moses till John the baptist all what those prophets are saying could only be found in the commandments God gave the Israelites which has nothing to do with others nations so that's why their prophets always shout in their streets since what they're saying is like a reminder of their nations constitution.
But now that Jesus is commissioning Christianity they're to take this to other nations where people haven't heard about their God or His commandments before, that's why they must pay their neighbours uninvited friendly visits, ask for permission before speaking! Matthew 10:11-13 smiley

They are not following what Jesus instituted my friend, rather they're calling for customers instead of going from house to house to speak with people so that they can answer questions having to do with their religion they just want to stay in one place throwing words at people like atheists are doing right here!

Please tell me how you can approach your next neighbour if there is an imminent danger that can't be seen easily.

Jehovah's Witnesses will come anywhere you can be found, introduce themselves and tell you what they're there for, if you say you're not in the mood they will leave and come back another time but because you hate the truth you want to condemn reasonableness and here you are always throwing insults at your neighbours wishing to change their mind over what they have known all their lives saying "wèrè la fi ń wo wèrè"
Please in what way are you reasonable more than Jehovah's Witnesses who comes to speak with you one on one, face to face? smiley

Jehovah witness have always been known since time immemorial to always twist the Bible because how did "roof tops" change to places or worship like "churches and temple".

Don't you guys think before you talk?
You think you are talking to some random kid on the net? Always adding to the context of the Bible. Roof top is roof top. Anyone with even half a fishbrain wouldn't mosnomerize that.

Someone's voice who was ministering to at least 5000 men wouldn't be heard in the streets, lol! So how was the 5000 and more hearing him if his voice was not heard in the streets?

Religion and brainlessness can be used interchangeably indeed.

On the issue of paying your neighbors visitations. That was the commandment of your said Jesus.
Jesus has no authority here. He is not the government, so whatever he had commanded you to do isn't the business of everyone but that of those that believe in him.

I repeat, visiting people at home in the name of evangelism is an invasion of privacy and should be liable to serving time.

Why should they change my mind? Rather they'll corrupt my mind.

Every christian in this world already has a corrupt mind. Whether Jehovah witness or Jehovah business, I don't care.

As long as you don't see our ethnic religionists doin the same.
Whatever your Jesus commanded is for his own pocket, and for the pockets of you his believers. I repeat, you are intruding people's rest.

3 Likes

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:30am On Jul 11, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Jehovah witness have always been known since time immemorial to always twist the Bible because how did "roof tops" change to places or worship like "churches and temple".
Don't you guys think before you talk?
You think you are talking to some random kid on the net? Always adding to the context of the Bible. Roof top is roof top. Anyone with even half a fishbrain wouldn't mosnomerize that. Someone's voice who was ministering to at least 5000 men wouldn't be heard in the streets, lol! So how was the 5000 and more hearing him if his voice was not heard in the streets? Religion and brainlessness can be used interchangeably indeed. On the issue of paying your neighbors visitations. That was the commandment of your said Jesus.
Jesus has no authority here. He is not the government, so whatever he had commanded you to do isn't the business of everyone but that of those that believe in him. I repeat, visiting people at home in the name of evangelism is an invasion of privacy and should be liable to serving time. Why should they change my mind? Rather they'll corrupt my mind. Every christian in this world already has a corrupt mind. Whether Jehovah witness or Jehovah business, I don't care. As long as you don't see our ethnic religionists doin the same. Whatever your Jesus commanded is for his own pocket, and for the pockets of you his believers. I repeat, you are intruding people's rest.

So you can't distinguish between the audience who willing followed someone to listen to him from unwilling pedestrians who are going in the streets to their business? cheesy

Ọmọ think nah!

Jesus was talking to people who wanted to listen to him so he gathered them in a place and taught them not speaking to the air making noise to disturb unconcerned passersby! smiley
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by FRANCISTOWN: 7:23am On Jul 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So you can't distinguish between the audience who willing followed someone to listen to him from unwilling pedestrians who are going in the streets to their business? cheesy

Ọmọ think nah!

Jesus was talking to people who wanted to listen to him so he gathered them in a place and taught them not speaking to the air making noise to disturb unconcerned passersby! smiley
Your churches also install high end sound systems inside the auditorium for those who have come willing to listen but don't people who are not interested disturbed as well?

There was this church in my previous residential that would always wake everyone with their nonsense song early in the morning. As early as 4am, you'll begin hear them voices like that of frog own. Ha! This people should be arrested I swr.

So when Jesus was talking to more than 5000 people, he was also disturbing those who were not interested in hearing him

1 Like

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by FRANCISTOWN: 7:27am On Jul 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ you have a big problem! smiley
Lunatics always call everyone around them "STUPID" yet they can't present a better way of doing things than the way those they're calling "STUPID" does! wink

What do you have to say about gravity and black holes?
So people around you worshiping different gods are living proof that there are unseen beings (supernaturals) around you so think intelligently. wink

I have studied (intelligently) and i've discovered a God whose promises of thousands of years are been fulfilled today by His worshipers. I don't think there's any other way He can prove how active He is than that! wink

You are so funny. Have you ever considered a career in a stand up comedy show?

Please read what you wrote again.🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:33am On Jul 11, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Your churches also install high end sound systems inside the auditorium for those who have come willing to listen but don't people who are not interested disturbed as well?
Try to visit our Assembly Halls to verify yourself and see how difficult it is for anyone outside our Assembly group that's about 10,000 sitting capacity to hear what is happening inside. Don't forget that we don't allow outsiders hear our prayers so how do you think what's happening within our place of worship should be heard by passersby? wink
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:36am On Jul 11, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

You are so funny. Have you ever considered a career in a stand up comedy show?
Please read what you wrote again.🤣🤣🤣🤣
That's the truth!
Lunatics always claim everyone around them is insane so what is the proof that they're braindead?
They can't present any better way of handling matters! wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asman That Has The Earth As His Footstool! / Internet Evangelism Training Seminar / Salvation: I Saved Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.