Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin (53327 Views)

Why You Hardly See Nigerians Teaching About Coding On Social Media. / My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America / Coding On My Android Phone � Don't Give Ur Lack Of A PC As An Excuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by Goalnaldo(m): 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2023
nifton:

Bros, Well-done.
First, na you be the doctor, so no dey tell us someone you know.
Second, I like what you're doing, keep it up.
Third, Why only girls, boys do you wrong?
Just my observations, kpele.
exactly what i wanted to write. Hes the person. He just dont wont to spill the beans. His moniker gave him away lol.
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by Ykc2(m): 12:38pm On Jun 12, 2023
Kwara state is like sokoto and zamfara in mode of their dressing
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by cezarman(m): 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
Geneh411:
This is how you guys come online and be assertive with nonsense thinking you are making sense, I was surprised reading this on Nairaland because I know Dr Kamil very well.

He grew up in my area at Tanke Ilorin, he’s a graduate of Unilorin. He has been a scholar and always talk about how he wants to be a philanthropist right from His Secondary sch and University days. He has travelled to many countries and he’s doing well for himself, now he’s trying to give back to the society in his own little way and you are here capping like a bit*h with a badge

Story undecided
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by Bluntemperor: 12:43pm On Jun 12, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
No be only coding. Print Google play card and have these lads carry it like he's trying to help them. Looking for means to elevate his selfless career. Gather the pictures and file for skilled labour immigration to Canada as UK no favor am for medical doctor. Ozuoh dey run NL mods Street.
No wonder one mumu go UK dey thwart rubbish give UK govt. Learned criminals.

Envy at the door!
At least,he is doing something that gives the Kids joy and happiness with sense of belonging!
Which one you de do for our Nation?
Nonsensical people everywhere! Sior!
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by fof1: 12:43pm On Jun 12, 2023
kamillonaire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9UVqBTnqXE

A Nairalander, Dr Akorede Kamil, who is a medical doctor, a Commonwealth scholar, and the Regional Coordinator with the UK Commonwealth Scholarships Commission, has returned from the UK to inspire the young girls on the street of Ilorin by introducing them to basic coding, and productive learning platforms like Google and YouTube.

Inspired by the enormous application of coding in healthcare, Dr Akorede who holds a masters degree in Public Health at the University of South Wales (UK), and masters in Disaster Medicine at the University of Central Lancashire (UK), joined Lancashire Coding school to learn computer programming. Ha Only e has since been inspiring young girls in senior secondary schools in Ilorin, Kwara state.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtWQbWpId2N/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Na only Girls him dey teach Coding? There is Something Wrong here...? I hope he is not also Coding the Girls...? May God help us All...in Nigeria
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by Darryl14: 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2023
Very nice of him. I would love to learn aswell
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
kamillonaire:

A Nairalander, Dr Akorede Kamil, who is a medical doctor, a Commonwealth scholar, and the Regional Coordinator with the UK Commonwealth Scholarships Commission, has returned from the UK to inspire the young girls on the street of Ilorin by introducing them to basic coding, and productive learning platforms like Google and YouTube.

Inspired by the enormous application of coding in healthcare, Dr Akorede who holds a masters degree in Public Health at the University of South Wales (UK), and masters in Disaster Medicine at the University of Central Lancashire (UK), joined Lancashire Coding school to learn computer programming. He has since been inspiring young girls in senior secondary schools in Ilorin, Kwara state.

I hope you are not wasting your time on those lads?
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by wink2015(m): 1:12pm On Jun 12, 2023
This is a good initiative from a UK -BEEN-TO.

Many of his kinds will assume a big man status and never wanting to do anything with the commoners on the streets.

But he did the wise thing by spreading his knowledge.

I like to study coding also but it is quite a difficult computer course somehow.

Tech courses are popular these days as it gives one the opportunity to sell one skills online and offline.
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by Chibuezem(m): 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2023
GREATIGB0MAN:
He's obviously getting paid and huge benefits in return.

and so what? Do you know what it takes to attract such project from abroad down to Nigeria.... I'm proud of Him, not all these politicians that will travel out to developed countries and come back to Nigeria spend years without implementing policies that will better our society.
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by CJStarz: 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
Women empowerment, that's way to go. God bless the young man
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by Elepaq: 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2023
GREATIGB0MAN:

An I'm telling you he'll be paid.

If not now in future either in form or grants, charity donations or sponsorships... either ways the end goal to this his benevolent gesture is to get paid.

Not saying what he's doing is bad... he's sure helping people but in return he'll get MONEY
You be werey and ur type plenty for here, what if the said person is the one responding to you?
What's ur evidence of him receiving payment?
Why are some of u so Fo0lish Gan?
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by Kaiser20: 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2023
kamillonaire:
kindly explain why he is a lost doctor? did you read his profile at all?
appreciate people that are making an impact in our society.

Your explanations will not help those good-for-nothing doubting Thomas
All they want to read is " one yahoo boy returned from the UK to spray cash on the street of Ilorin"
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by Trizyd(m): 1:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
Thank you so much for giving my people a chance out here. God bless you.
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by GENES11S: 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
Allisgud:
which make it possible

U sure say you wan rili learn? grin grin grin

Learning to take correction is one of the key factor of being a good programer.
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by willibounce1(m): 2:14pm On Jun 12, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
No be only coding. Print Google play card and have these lads carry it like he's trying to help them. Looking for means to elevate his selfless career. Gather the pictures and file for skilled labour immigration to Canada as UK no favor am for medical doctor. Ozuoh dey run NL mods Street.

LMAO! people too dense for naija. I wonder how yahoo boys dey get sense to scam oyibo. Nigerians are the real mugus.
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2023
Antell95:
I was learning python before pc crashed. Coding is life. Who get spare laptop?

Use your phone
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by FXSavvy: 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2023
GREATIGB0MAN:

If not now in future either in form or grants, charity donations or sponsorships... either ways the end goal to this his benevolent gesture is to get paid.

Not saying what he's doing is bad... he's sure helping people but in return he'll get MONEY

Is that a bad thing?
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by fraymite: 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

Shut up.
Part of the agreement of Commonwealth Shared Scholarship is that you return home to make impact. You impart the knowledge you acquired while returning home. Just appreciate the little he does.
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by BigDawsNet: 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2023
Allisgud:
I will like to learn coding and programing together,is that possible

Coding and programming are literally the same

Coding is the process of assigning code to something

Programming is the set of instructions that computer listens to and act on ..

Programming.. are names for code like java, c++ and so on

Code is the language you write which can come in alphabetical, numbers, symbols and soon...

So for your answer... you can learn coding or programming.
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by micseyi(m): 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2023
Richhard:

Someone you know or it's you?

You know there's a correlation between your NL username and your friend's name.

This is you below when you were posted to Bayelsa, Seun come see something o.

God bless you. Exactly. This doesn’t help credibility. I don’t understand why he has to pretend. It’s not as if he’s doing something bad?
Anyways it’s always a good thing giving back to the grassroots. I wish him well

2 Likes

Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by thesmallgod(m): 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2023
GREATIGB0MAN:

It would have been better not to mention that at first.
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by jersey4: 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2023
Omoh,2 masters from uk/USA universities don't come cheap oo,except u be mc oluomo or minister pickin.
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by BabaIbo: 5:33pm On Jun 12, 2023
PapaNnamdi:

u smart,
I need guys like you 4 or 5 make we run major heist

Bad guys grin cheesy
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by eedhrisademola(m): 5:40pm On Jun 12, 2023
kamillonaire:

Inspired by the enormous application of coding in healthcare, Dr Akorede who holds a masters degree in Public Health at the University of South Wales (UK), and masters in Disaster Medicine at the University of Central Lancashire (UK), joined Lancashire Coding school to learn computer programming. He has since been inspiring young girls in senior secondary schools in Ilorin, Kwara state.

NICE WORK
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by AfonjaPriest: 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
Indicis:
Please if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen

Acct num:
FaithS.H
First Bank

Faith is a serial criminal scammer and is here to promote his begging advert scam.
You should go to your church or mosque to beg and stop using different monikers on NAIRALAND to swindle people.
You have used over 50 monikers to beg. If you are genuine, you should have been known with one moniker. Using many is a clear indication you are a fraud.
The way I see it, you'll soon get deliverance from the Devil. Keep thinking you are deceiving people. There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed; covered that will not be opened.
The great day of your revelation is at hand. Be expectant, because surely it will come.
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by gladdensir(m): 9:24pm On Jun 12, 2023
kamillonaire:
just to clarify your statement, the post says a nairalander which is someone I know.
He is only helping the younger generations in Kwara state, and he is not getting paid for it, He is only giving back to his community. Everything is not about money, giving back to the community and inspiring the young ones should be our priority when we become successful.
I come in Peace!

Aren't you that person in the guise of someone else. Your name shows your relation though.
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by gladdensir(m): 9:28pm On Jun 12, 2023
AfonjaPriest:

Faith is a serial criminal scammer and is here to promote his begging advert scam.
You should go to your church or mosque to beg and stop using different monikers on NAIRALAND to swindle people.
You have used over 50 monikers to beg. If you are genuine, you should have been known with one moniker. Using many is a clear indication you are a fraud.
The way I see it, you'll soon get deliverance from the Devil. Keep thinking you are deceiving people. There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed; covered that will not be opened.
The great day of your revelation is at hand. Be expectant, because surely it will come.

I asked the lazy beggar where he resides in Nkpor he claimed he lives just to confirm if he is real but till this day I never got response from him. Yet he is here begging again.
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by Rejoice5000(f): 5:00am On Jun 13, 2023
God bless him real good.
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:06pm On Jun 17, 2023
sad
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by oxiide22(m): 6:42am On Jun 21, 2023
handsomeyinka:
Its really commendable..

May God continue to help us in diaspora to be able to have this type of ability to give back to the community back home.

Knowledge shared is the best empowerment.
hello
Re: Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin by oxiide22(m): 6:43am On Jun 21, 2023
handsomeyinka:
Its really commendable..

May God continue to help us in diaspora to be able to have this type of ability to give back to the community back home.

Knowledge shared is the best empowerment.
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Game Development: Join The Team / Vb.net Code To Display Image In Picturebox From Sql Server / Connecting To A Database Using Visual Basic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.