Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer (11159 Views)

My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension / Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job / How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by Harrynight(m): 6:25pm On Jun 12, 2023
KingAzubuike:

I swear and when you die , you family will go through hell for several years before they can retrieve it. Some will even give up along the line. Pension na one of the biggest scams in this countries. How many pensioners ever get paid regularly.

Funny enough, When u are going into it initially, the pension people will sound so sweet to hear, they will make it look so Easy and Interesting jus for your money to be dropping in there,

When it's time to eat ur cake they will start asking for some kind of requirements that are far-fetched or none existing

1 Like

Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by HussenAdul: 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2023
[quote author=farem post=123745416][/quote]
Bro, what is their motive of having email & internet?
One can use email settle issues outside Nigeria from the comfort his/her one room.

Those ppl are not ready to work. Internet is modern means for such things
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by funkyjms: 7:28pm On Jun 12, 2023
Shigobaba:
Kindly visit your former company, they will issue you this documents:
1. Letter of termination
2. Accrue letter
And I hope you still have your former company I.D card, employment letter,
All this documents you will take to your pension office with your bank statement for processing.

What's accrue letter?
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by biggy00000(m): 7:50pm On Jun 12, 2023
It is not gone
Get your pension statement- to show the missing period
Get your resignation/termination letter-to show when you left.

The above is to clarify you were still a staff during the missing period( month not remitted)

Send a mail to Pencom n keep at it till you get a reply or visit any of their offices (if close to you).
Your former employer will pay with interest
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by Love800(m): 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2023
Sir wat do you mean by quarterly?

And sir if i may ask, is pension for life or it will expire at some certain point in time?
paymentvoucher:

You have been misinformed.

A Retirement Savings Account (RSA) holder below the age of 50 years may with the approval of the National Pension Commission (PenCom) withdraw an amount of money not exceeding 25% of the current balance in his/her RSA after being out of employment (voluntary retirement, disengagement) for a period of at least four (4)

Under Normal Retirement (50 years above) the customer is entitled to minimum of 25% and maximum of 50% of RSA balance as Lump Sum payment and a monthly or quarterly programmed withdrawal.
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by Love800(m): 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2023
Sir, is it dat if they finish paying her the 5m, then she wont get pension again? Because someone told me here dat pension is for life.
vanvicker:

There are 2 scenarios, she can access 25% of her balance if she’s out of employment for a minimum of 4 months, after which she cannot access it again till she’s 50 yrs. The second scenario she will get 25% (if she decides to retire at age 50) and not 15% as stated, whoever told her she will get 20k per month is absolutely wrong. Her balance would be placed on a PenCom approved template to determine the amount she would be paid monthly. Note that the balance would not be stagnant as interest would keep accruing on it.
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by Love800(m): 8:31pm On Jun 12, 2023
Sir if i may ask, is it a private company?
HussenAdul:

That is waste of time. On my own, I called pencom, they said I should forward a handwritten letter or report to their headquarters. I told the lady on phone that I am far from the headquarters, should I sent it via email but she objected. She said I should sent my letter through courier service.
That was when I noticed that they re not ready to help
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by Love800(m): 8:40pm On Jun 12, 2023
Trulydude:
My former employer is owing my pension and has since refused to remit despite several calls and emails.

Please what's the best way to get my hard earned money?💰 🤑 💸 🙏
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by KingAzubuike(f): 8:50pm On Jun 12, 2023
Harrynight:

Funny enough, When u are going into it initially, the pension people will sound so sweet to hear, they will make it look so Easy and Interesting jus for your money to be dropping in there,

When it's time to eat ur cake they will start asking for some kind of requirements that are far-fetched or none existing
Pension na scam. They know most people won't live long enough to exhaust what's in their pension account. And it's almost mandatory which it shouldn't even be.
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by Emmahunk(m): 8:55pm On Jun 12, 2023
That means that you obviously have double pin. Go to your PFA for reconciliation of double pin, then contact PENCOM on pencomsolution@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by Meerahbel: 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
Uniquekriss:
the question is how do we get in contact with the surveillance unit of the PenCom and get them to do the needful on behalf of the innocent helpless Nigerian.
I dropped bhow to reach them. Kindly refer to my post on this thread on how to reach them.
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by Uniquekriss(m): 9:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
Meerahbel:
I dropped bhow to reach them. Kindly refer to my post on this thread on how to reach them.
kindly quote me with the link

1 Like

Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by fawaz050(m): 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2023
tojahh:

Tell your brother to come buy votes. To win, he has to do what others do. Make una no fold hand dey wait for free like and mention.

I know you may not like it. But na the truth you hear so.

They don't do that in kPMG. Integrity is a thing they can die for. Keep your yeye vote and cheat.
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by HussenAdul: 11:26pm On Jun 12, 2023
Love800:
Yes sir
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by tojahh(m): 12:46am On Jun 13, 2023
fawaz050:

They don't do that in kPMG. Integrity is a thing they can die for. Keep your yeye vote and cheat.

Like I said... It's not what you want to hear, but believe me, he would be shock when he finds out the person(team) that won actually bought the votes.

Just dey play, they have integrity and can die for it yet you his so called brother has been contracted to go seek for votes from where he didn't sow, integrity no tell you say make he focus on that which he can die for.

So if I give you the votes for free, it won't be a yeye vote and cheat but an integrity keeper vote.

You will learn a lesson grin
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by paymentvoucher: 6:51am On Jun 13, 2023
Love800:
Sir wat do you mean by quarterly?

And sir if i may ask, is pension for life or it will expire at some certain point in time?

Quarterly: Means the payment method used by the PFA for payment of pension

Is pension for life or it will expire at some certain point in time: Some PFA will calculate your balance and spread it for a longer period of time while some will keep paying you till it finishes.
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by fawaz050(m): 7:58am On Jun 13, 2023
tojahh:

Like I said... It's not what you want to hear, but believe me, he would be shock when he finds out the person(team) that won actually bought the votes.

Just dey play, they have integrity and can die for it yet you his so called brother has been contracted to go seek for votes from where he didn't sow, integrity no tell you say make he focus on that which he can die for.

So if I give you the votes for free, it won't be a yeye vote and cheat but an integrity keeper vote.

You will learn a lesson grin

The way some people reason ehn.

I'm soliciting for votes here. I'm not forcing anyone or paying anyone to like the page. What's the fuss about?
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by Love800(m): 8:07am On Jun 13, 2023
Tank u sir. But wat u wrote here, to me both are the same thing. U said some will spread it for a longer period nd the other is, they will keep paying you till it finishes. So the main point here is that pension is not for life. Hope i got dat correctly?

And sir pls wat is PFA?

I wont bother u with questions again. I appriciate ur kind gestures
paymentvoucher:

Quarterly: Means the payment method used by the PFA for payment of pension

Is pension for life or it will expire at some certain point in time: Some PFA will calculate your balance and spread it for a longer period of time while some will keep paying you till it finishes.
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by paymentvoucher: 8:49am On Jun 13, 2023
Love800:
Tank u sir. But wat u wrote here, to me both are the same thing. U said some will spread it for a longer period nd the other is, they will keep paying you till it finishes. So the main point here is that pension is not for life. Hope i got dat correctly?

And sir pls wat is PFA?

I wont bother u with questions again. I appreciate ur kind gestures

Please bother me with questions. We learn everyday.

PFA: Pension Fund Administrator (i.e Stanbic IBTC, LEAD way pension and co)

So one of my colleagues told me that LEADWAY pension spread your pension fund for life, I will need to double check but my own PFA(Stanbic IBTC) they will spread for a period of time.

I can't wait to get my 25% or 50% (50 years). I need a very nice vacation with family.
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by williemichael(m): 11:49am On Jun 13, 2023
If you follow this piece of advice, i bet you that you will surely get all your money from them with the interest that supposed to have been acrude to your pension fund if they have remitted it as at when due.

Firstly, go and read (Pension Reform Act 2014), know the time period your pension can be delayed by your employer, know what is your percentage and that of your employer from the 18% stipulated by the act, also know how to calculate your pension by yourself so that you will not be cheated etc.

Secondly, write a petition agains't your former employer to (PENCOM) reporting the company with the details amount they are owning you, request for interest of the said amount to be paid to you if they have remitted your pension as at when due.

finally, know that Pencom is always happy to recieve petition agains't company who default pension remittance because they are going to make money from them while they also ensure with force that they pay your money. I believe opstimistically that after doing this, you will come back to this platform to testify.
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by Bosun99uk: 12:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by Love800(m): 1:46pm On Jun 13, 2023
Tanks. So in other words, some are for life nd some are not.

I appreciate. May God grant ur wish for a nice vacation.
paymentvoucher:

Please bother me with questions. We learn everyday.

PFA: Pension Fund Administrator (i.e Stanbic IBTC, LEAD way pension and co)

So one of my colleagues told me that LEADWAY pension spread your pension fund for life, I will need to double check but my own PFA(Stanbic IBTC) they will spread for a period of time.

I can't wait to get my 25% or 50% (50 years). I need a very nice vacation with family.
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by yak(m): 1:10pm On Jun 14, 2023
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by Shigobaba(m): 6:44am On Jun 22, 2023
Your accountant in your former company will understand

funkyjms:

What's accrue letter?
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer by Shigobaba(m): 10:23am On Jul 02, 2023
Case closed.

What will his pension office process?

His former employer did not remit to his PFA[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Intensive Three Days Training On 3D Epoxy Flooring / Going Back To School At Age 34 / Chartered Institute Of Cost & Management Accounting(cicma),get Senate Approval!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.