Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,957 members, 7,810,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? (10575 Views)

How Much Are You Making As An Internet Content Creator? / How To Start A Career Selling Other People's Products And Making As Much As 250k / Don't End The Year Like You Started It!!! What Plans Are You Making For 2018? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by HeRulesMen: 8:29am On Jun 12, 2023
May be beyond copywriting, you can add "writing" in general as long as you offer related services. So how much are you making from copywriting or writing in general?

It seems the field is not for some of us, may be we are not doing it right.

Please be sincere with your responses. It will help direct and motivate struggling writers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by HeRulesMen: 8:52am On Jun 12, 2023
I need contribution to this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by FunnyDude(m): 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2023
Made tons of million. I won't quote exact figure, don't want anyone depresseed because it's not a day journey to be sincere.

17 Likes

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Meerahbel: 1:15pm On Jun 12, 2023
cheesy
How much can you earn from copywriting?
I know copywriters that made so little they gave up and returned to their day job…

And copywriters that make $3 to $4 million per year.

To make the big bucks as a copywriter, you need to be good.

Darn good!!!

You need to be a master of persuasion with a deep understanding of how people are wired.

You need to be able to put words together in such a way that people keep reading your sales promotion — or watching the sales video you scripted — because they can’t wait to see what comes next.

You have to know what emotional hot buttons to hit… when… and how.

You need to work hard to find clients that understand the value you bring to the table — and pay you what you deserve.

You also need to find royalty-paying gigs — because it’s difficult to reach six-figures and beyond without receiving commissions on the sales your copy generates.

Add to all that a dash of luck…

That you land the right clients.

And get the right breaks.

That’s why only a small percentage of copywriters make the big bucks. But there’s no reason you can’t make a good living as a copywriter. It just takes talent, skill, hard work, persistence, and determination.

And, like I said, a little luck sure wouldn’t hurt!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by blaqhat: 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2023
30k daily
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
Wetin be copywriting? Na copy an paste?

Nobody should tell me to use Google or CHATGPT here

7 Likes

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by ramond007(m): 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
I am good in that but don't know how to start

1 Like

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Dagger111(m): 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
320k monthly sha..

1 Like

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Bobotic(m): 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
3m Monthly cool

1 Share

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by RawSex(m): 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
Zero gig per year sad

sad
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by abdulskulboy(m): 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2023
I really need to learn this... Many thanks in advance to those who will contribute in teaching us willing to learn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Bigii(m): 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2023
I'm about to start
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by WebSurfer(m): 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2023
grin
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by XploraBen(m): 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2023
I'm here to read comments.

1 Like

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by qtx(m): 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2023
ramond007:
lol, if u are good , you will definitely know how to start. grin

13 Likes

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by SmartyPants(m): 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2023
HeRulesMen:
May be beyond copywriting, you can add "writing" in general as long as you offer related services. So how much are you making from copywriting or writing in general?

Please be sincere with your responses. It will help direct and motivate struggling writers.

Quite a bit but I've been in this for many years.

Unfortunately, the market is not great now. The tech layoffs are pushing many people into the content industry, and at the same time, AI tools are already being used extensively to replace writers.

New entrants form third-world countries will struggle. In fact, many people prefer to hire solely from the Philippines if they hire from he third world at all.

7 Likes

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by kollinz1234(m): 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2023
Wow
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by jeeqaa7(m): 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2023
links please
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by MrPristine: 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2023
HeRulesMen:

Who are target clients for copy writers?

1 Like

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Emmanuel950(m): 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2023
Millions, angry but started out in the thousands. I'll advice newbies to match up copywriting with another related skill. Helped me scale up...

5 Likes

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by SmartyPants(m): 1:23pm On Jun 12, 2023
Meerahbel:
cheesy
How much can you earn from copywriting?
I know copywriters that made so little they gave up and returned to their day job…

And copywriters that make $3 to $4 million per year.

To make the big bucks as a copywriter, you need to be good.

Darn good!!!

You need to be a master of persuasion with a deep understanding of how people are wired.

You need to be able to put words together in such a way that people keep reading your sales promotion — or watching the sales video you scripted — because they can’t wait to see what comes next.

You have to know what emotional hot buttons to hit… when… and how.

You need to work hard to find clients that understand the value you bring to the table — and pay you what you deserve.

You also need to find royalty-paying gigs — because it’s difficult to reach six-figures and beyond without receiving commissions on the sales your copy generates.

Add to all that a dash of luck…

That you land the right clients.

And get the right breaks.

That’s why only a small percentage of copywriters make the big bucks. But there’s no reason you can’t make a good living as a copywriter. It just takes talent, skill, hard work, persistence, and determination.

And, like I said, a little luck sure wouldn’t hurt!

I see what you did there. smiley

3 Likes

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Skillsnigeria: 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2023
Hmmm
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by qtx(m): 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2023
See how people are dropping figures as if all of them are genuine.

I have made a couple thousanda of dollars though as part time copywriter anyway.

If am into it full time, then the figures will be crazy.

Caveat: Before you guys start asking for mentorship, ask for evidence of those earnings before you part with anything o.
My own 2cents.

15 Likes

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Angelfrost(m): 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2023
Honestly, if you are not gifted with words and persuasion skills, don't bother... Copywriting is not for you!

Don't be fooled or deceived by these so-called Copywriting coaches online! They will eat your money while promising you the moon!

I am a writer, and I can tell you for free that even the best of Copywriters can't convince me to buy shit! I kid you not! grin

13 Likes

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Universe8888(m): 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2023
Learn something better instead of killing yourself on copywriting.

I just take copywriting like something that takes advantage of the emotions of people to mislead them.

There are many businesses with big profits online to involve in.
You just need persistence, determination and no hiding if anything.

- Affiliate marketing
- Real Estate investment
- Dropshipping
- Amazon kdp, mturk, associate and others.
- Programming/Coding.
E.t.c

All the ones I listed above doesn't need any form of investment to start.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by wittywriter: 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2023
Copywriting earnings are best gotten when you create client funnel.....
Earn at least $1k monthly with it.

Wittyness

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Meerahbel: 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2023
First.

You have to love to write. You'll be writing over and over. You'll be editing. Clients will look at a piece you spent 5 hours and in 2 minutes will put red lines through it.

You'll feel like a failure, but that's what you deal with when you get into the "creative" world. Everyone has an opinion.

As Don Draper says in one of my favorite interactions talking about copywriting and its process, "People think monkeys can do this"

When talking about writing copy, "They can't do what we do, and they hate us for it."

Point is? You need thick skin because what you do will get changed by everyone from the CFO to the janitor. Be ready to stand behind your work. Writing can be one of the most vulnerable things you do.

How do I become a Master?

Read and learn from the best:

It doesn't stop there. Keep going.

Reading a book is only 5% of it. Look at ads you see in magazines, newspapers, on TV. Is what is written interesting and making me want to act?

Open your junk mail and read their copy.

Typically, it's horrible. Alot of *flash* and *huzzah* without any substance. The reason for all this?

You see what others are doing and what NOT to do (and what you should be doing).

That's another 10% (notice we're only at 15%).

If you don't absolutely love reading copy others do to learn from it, you're not going to enjoy this profession. Gary Halbert typically tore out ads he thought were great and kept them in a "Swipe" file. Every time he wrote copy, he pulled them all out for inspiration.

Pick up a Pen

For every new piece of copy, start with a brain dump. Look at the product or service, describe the benefits, what does a customer feel when using it, WHY should they buy it.

A secret?

Write down every reason a customer will say "NO" and then in your writing, subtly, answer those questions.

This is the brain dump process. You aren't editing. All ideas are "good" at this point.

Next...

Step away. You need time for your brain to organize thoughts. Go read, go walk, go play, go have sex. Anything but thinking about what's written. It's called the Incubation period.

What you'll find is you'll be taking a shower, walking, having sex, then EUREKA, an idea will hit that will connect different ideas together.

You'll jump out of shower (or the bed) and go and write some more. Here you are still not editing yourself, but developing your flow.

Write your Headline

This is the most important piece. Have you ever caught yourself flipping through a magazine and realize you've skipped most of it?

Sure. Want to know the reason?

Because the headlines didn't GRAB you. They didn't reach out of the page and catch your attention to tell your brain "Hey, this is interesting."
ramond007:
Mastering?

You become a Master when you understand how to do all this over and over and over and perfecting it over and over.

Soon, your writing gets better. Ideas come faster. Your hourly rate goes soaring.

Mastering is simply taking something (much like a shooting movement in basketball) and repeating it until you know how to do it very well.

1. Mindset. Know you will Fail
2. Must love writing (and editing)
Read from the greats. Read copy you see all around you (paper mail, company emails, tv and radio ads. etc.)
3. Start with brain dumps of every idea in your head. Stretch your mind. Soon more ideas will come all the time.
4. Incubate all the time (looks like you aren't working, but your brain is. Endure the taunting comments from the non-creatives)
5. Put Eureka idea in action. Make each sentence compelling enough they want to read the next one.
6. Create a headline that catches (but doesn't lie)
7. Learn to edit yourself (I still struggle with this), but edit edit. It's tough to read your own writing. Everything sounds like crap at first. As you get better, you'll feel more confident.

Enjoy it!
Cc: abdulskulboy

25 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strictly For Elect/elect Aspirants, Students, Engineers And Professionals. / Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do / Tradermoni, Marketmoni Activation And 15K Disbursement Takes Place In Makurdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.