Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,477 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? (10584 Views)

How Much Are You Making As An Internet Content Creator? / How To Start A Career Selling Other People's Products And Making As Much As 250k / Don't End The Year Like You Started It!!! What Plans Are You Making For 2018? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Meerahbel: 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
wink
burp18:
you're good. I like you smiley
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Meerahbel: 9:01pm On Jun 12, 2023
ItisWell22:
Thanks so much, Mirabel 🙏❤️

You welcome.
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Bacillus: 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2023
I do jobs for westerners.
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by FunnyDude(m): 9:52pm On Jun 12, 2023
blingxx:

I don't mind the journey... How do I start pls I need someone to teach me
Send pm
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by MICHEAL346(m): 10:05pm On Jun 12, 2023
If you're a true copywriter with the skill, and maybe an upcomer or someone who needs an extra skill. I have a deal for you. I will teach you how to build websites without coding with videos. You can decide to build a membership website, course, amazon review website or coupon website with the steps I will give you. But the condition is you must have first pass a test by writing two or more copies on a particular topic I will require of not less than but over 500 words. Note I might require a landpage article, purely sales article, a review of a product or just a blog post.

If you're interested in this offer, get to me through 080. ....... 8968.

27. 18 via WhatsApp.

PS: no phone call, just go straight to point when you char me
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by wjxavier(m): 1:08am On Jun 13, 2023
As of this month, I charge $5000 -per month. And they pay.

(Btw my mentor is asking me to raise it, ever since I started getting instant approval and zero negotiation)

Projects typically last 6 months to 1 year. I close off with in-house training. And I have long term clients too.

I don’t take too many clients. I don’t need to.

What I do differently?

I don’t approach clients. None of that cold email/dm stuff that makes you feel so small and at the mercy of your prospects mood.

I attract them.

I published a book on this in 2019. See image below. It is available on Amazon.

I also have a mastermind where I teach these things. https://Nukerberg.com/salescraft

This was not to get new clients. My clients are not in Nigeria. I just wanted to give someone a money €r£kshun.

CAVEAT

I didn’t get there in one day.

The #1 problem I see with most newbies is they go there for status. They want to be known bore than they want to earn. Daddy/mummy Hilda Baci issues maybe.

It won’t get you anywhere.

I got into it because I was born with a painful stutter.

Life was hell for my first 20+ years. I took up writing because I couldn’t talk. (Now, I talk well after being baptized in the Holy Ghost)

Anyway, the day I knew I could make money from writing, I was elated. I knew like I knew my name this was for me.

I paid my dues too.

It is a paradox to be a broke copywriter. Why should you be broke?

I mean, if you’re a broke copywriter, it only means you need to go back to school. Don’t feel bad about it.

Own up to it. Take your L and go learn some more.

However, the challenge I also see is that most don’t do the work.

I write like 2000 words daily.

I am always writing offers even if I have nothing to sell.

I have products I’ve not yet released.

My brain is always thinking sales copy.

Even when I watch movies.

Entertainment is for peasants.

I use it to learn shit. To deepen my skill.

Anyway let me stop here.

Most people will miss it.

But joy to the wise.

Amen.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Twist4u: 2:10am On Jun 13, 2023
Major reason 90% failed in this Copywriting gig is simply poor understanding of what copywriting entails.

Like David Ogilvy has maintained, Copywriting is Salesmanship in prints.

It is not some stylish polished beautifully crafted writing, as many would think.. no, no, no.. far from that.

And it's not about writing some sales letter alone .no, no...

It's about developing the whole SALESMANSHIP psychology and apply it to a niche market.

In effect, you dominate such niche market because you have a good grasp of Sales : prospecting and closing. And improve on your deliverables to get free referrals.

I have applied this wonderful skill of copywriting to 3 niches : Academic, Social Media marketing and Email marketing.

And yes, on each niche my bank account smiles every quarter (3 months) by 7 figures. x3

It's a game of positioning and superior delivery, over time clients will look for you. Not you looking for them all of the time.

Infact, if you're looking for clients always, it simply means you're not adequately solving the pain points of your Ideal target Audience (ITA).

To cut this chase,

Blow the minds of your clients with superior service, and they will spread your name to their circle of friends free off charge.

Clients acquisition become seamless.

My 2cent
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Emeka71(m): 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2023
Behope:

Sir is not a scam sir. I can prove myself anyhow you want. Please assist me, I have nowhere else I can run to Please sir. I beg you in the name of almighty God
But I though I have sighted this post in other sections of this forum using different user names and even though your profile is looking new and suspicious.
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by opeey(m): 7:17pm On Jun 13, 2023
Dikegodspower:
I need a site where I will be writing story and get paid.
Just like opera news

I'm also interested. If you have any pls tag me. Thanks 🙏
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Skix(m): 9:10pm On Jun 13, 2023
where or how do you guys get jobs/contracts
One thing is to learn the skill and be good at it. another thing is to earn from it
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Chiraq77(m): 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
Jobgetter1:
I make at least $100 from Upwork... Like February this year... Made $350 from one client.... For now this month haven't gotten any job... Submitted so many proposals.... Got only one interview but didn't get the job.... So will keep applying for more...

Please how many connect's do you use to apply for the Job
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Starlight252: 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2023
FunnyDude:
Made tons of million. I won't quote exact figure, don't want anyone depresseed because it's not a day journey to be sincere.

On point! And from the fringes i currently see, a potentially great "instinctive" writer needs to give "time" its fair share of "time".
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Starlight252: 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2023
[quote author=wjxavier. post=123757147]As of this month, I charge $5000 -per month. And they pay.

(Btw my mentor is asking me to raise it, ever since I started getting instant approval and zero negotiation)

Projects typically last 6 months to 1 year. I close off with in-house training. And I have long term clients too.

I don’t take too many clients. I don’t need to.

What I do differently?

I don’t approach clients. None of that cold email/dm stuff that makes you feel so small and at the mercy of your prospects mood.

I also have a mastermind where I teach these things. https://Nukerberg.com/salescraft
[/Quote]

What a great mind you have Sir!
You radiate confidence gained from refined expertise and honed professionallism. I'll definitely seek your tutorship when i embark on my literary dreams. Do remember me in your kingdom.

Great days ahead. Definitely!

Modified
Unfortunately, due to my device, i have difficulty quoting you responsively. Hopefully, you get to see this.
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by BlackAlien007: 3:34am On Jun 15, 2023
opeey:

I'm also interested. If you have any pls tag me. Thanks 🙏

exclusive premium money making course on ghostwriting

Get a rear lifetime opportunity to write for genuine foreign multi-national companies in the comfort of your home and get paid in dollars.

No prior knowledge of writing needed

No need of having any certification or any degree

If u can settle down follow every information in the course step by step with the knowledge in this course u are on ur way to start making cool N100k, N200k, N500k, and more… all at the comfort of your home

WhatsApp:
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by BlackAlien007: 4:11am On Jun 15, 2023
BlackAlien007:

Contacts this whatsapp number 08071945458 to learn more on ghost writing

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by blingxx(m): 11:15am On Jun 15, 2023
FunnyDude:

Send pm

I already did..
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Amin11(m): 1:34pm On Jun 20, 2023
============================================================================
* WE ARE BUYING BELOW FUNDS *

DAILY @ CURRENT MARKET RATE *

(BOTH LOCAL & FOREIGN Funds..)

▶️ skrill

▶️ NETELLER

▶️ PAYONEER | PAYPAL | PM | USDT | BTC |

▶️ ALL GIFT CARDS | CHECKOUT SERVICES |

==================================
OTHER SERVICES:
===≠==============================

▶️ Freelancers Withdrawal (all funds)

▶️ Upwork account Approval (Instantly)

▶️ Sell Payoneer Accounts (Foreign/Local)

======================================
KINDLY CONTACT US TODAY:
======================================

Trade @ ease using our
WhatsApp Link below....
Click WhatsApp Link

https:///76izhv

▶️ Let's Be Your Plug
Your funds are SAFE trading with us.
Our Payment is Fast & Rate is okay or we buy at your best rate.

Serving our Valued Customers since 2015....
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by blingxx(m): 7:26pm On Jun 21, 2023
FunnyDude:

Send pm

Your phone number

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mba At Lagos Business School / 10 Ways To Easily Build Your Career / Workers Protest Factory Closure, Beg AMCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.