Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,755 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? (10589 Views)

How Much Are You Making As An Internet Content Creator? / How To Start A Career Selling Other People's Products And Making As Much As 250k / Don't End The Year Like You Started It!!! What Plans Are You Making For 2018? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Jobgetter1: 1:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
I make at least $100 from Upwork... Like February this year... Made $350 from one client.... For now this month haven't gotten any job... Submitted so many proposals.... Got only one interview but didn't get the job.... So will keep applying for more...

4 Likes

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by AdroTape: 1:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
$1000 Skrill fund needed

Quote me with your rate

I am ready to send Naira first if you're genuine or we can use escrow

Can buy in any bit. Even $1

Bring Skrill fund

Bring Payoneer

My rate depends on what you have

Starting from N620 to N700

Quote me with your rate. Remember, I can send Naira first if you're genuine, because my account is new
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Bacillus: 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2023
I earn over 300k per month with writing
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by THELATTERMAN(m): 1:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
HeRulesMen:
May be beyond copywriting, you can add "writing" in general as long as you offer related services. So how much are you making from copywriting or writing in general?

It seems the field is not for some of us, may be we are not doing it right.

Please be sincere with your responses. It will help direct and motivate struggling writers.

I make around 140k to 210k per month, depending on the exchange rate.

It's hard to get clients now...

1 Like

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Dikegodspower(m): 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
I need a site where I will be writing story and get paid.
Just like opera news
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Pinterest: 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
Jobgetter1:
I make at least $100 from Upwork... Like February this year... Made $350 from one client.... For now this month haven't gotten any job... Submitted so many proposals.... Got only one interview but didn't get the job.... So will keep applying for more...

Read it somewhere that you need to pay to apply for gigs on Upwork, is that true?
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Emeka71(m): 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2023
Behope:
Please if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen

Acct num:
Faith
First Bank
Looks like a scam.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by miracle98(f): 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2023
I intend venturing into copywriting /content writing soon. Can anyone kindly put me through?
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Behope(f): 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2023
Emeka71:
Looks like a scam.

Sir is not a scam sir. I can prove myself anyhow you want. Please assist me, I have nowhere else I can run to Please sir. I beg you in the name of almighty God
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by MemoriesAndMe: 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2023
Copywriting is going away soon as Chat-GPT, Bard etc took over the space and made the craft simple for everyone.

May be copywriters that leverage these tools and have constantly returning clients can still make money from the craft, but anyone can jump into copywriting with these AI tools.
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by visaclick: 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2023
Jobgetter1:
that’s great man keep it up. Speaking of upwork, i saw this on my profile there. Can one withdraw funds with this USA verification warning witten there ?

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2023
Hey

I appreciate the effort of the man tmnamed VENZAL that created this thread.

Thanks for the contribution in the life of people.

Check this link out from page 1 to the end

Any copywriter that doesn't know VENZAL on Nairaland should..........

https://www.nairaland.com/3237273/how-make-regular-income-offering

1 Like

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by bizhop01: 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2023
$650 - 1300 monthly

1 Like

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by blingxx(m): 2:59pm On Jun 12, 2023
FunnyDude:
Made tons of million. I won't quote exact figure, don't want anyone depresseed because it's not a day journey to be sincere.
I don't mind the journey... How do I start pls I need someone to teach me
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by blingxx(m): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2023
Emmanuel950:
Millions, angry but started out in the thousands. I'll advice newbies to match up copywriting with another related skill. Helped me scale up...

I already started amazon kdp last month, I'm seeing progress tho.. Can you put me through copywriting?
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Mummyfour(f): 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2023
Emmanuel950:
Millions, angry but started out in the thousands. I'll advice newbies to match up copywriting with another related skill. Helped me scale up...
with all sense of humility can you put me through?.
Thanks in advance
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by blingxx(m): 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2023
Angelfrost:
Honestly, if you are not gifted with words and persuasion skills, don't bother... Copywriting is not for you!

Don't be fooled or deceived by these so-called Copywriting coaches online! They will eat your money while promising you the moon!

I am a writer, and I can tell you for free that even the best of Copywriters can't convince me to buy shit! I kid you not! grin

My words are kind of convincing.... I'm currently into amazon kdp and I want to start copywriting as another side hustle
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Angelfrost(m): 3:10pm On Jun 12, 2023
blingxx:

My words are kind of convincing.... I'm currently into amazon kdp and I want to start copywriting as another side hustle

Then, you already have the right foundation! Give it a go!
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by BlackAlien007: 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2023
Even tho Al helps it also makes it very difficult to get clients dis days

My humble opinion is to also diversify into other skills too

If you are interested in getting steady 5k or 100k weekly with a capital of 20k message this whatsapp number 08030755859.
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by ItisWell22(f): 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
Thanks so much, Mirabel 🙏❤️

[quote author=Meerahbel post=123744405][/quote]

1 Like

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Revolva(m): 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2023
ChatGPT don spoil work for una
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by preciousnobel(m): 4:36pm On Jun 12, 2023
It's lucrative if you do it on Fiverr, Upwork and other meaningful freelancing platforms.

You can contact for Fiverr-approved seller account available for sale sha.

Come DM: 08145805499
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by nurd(m): 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2023
smiley
Meerahbel:
cheesy
How much can you earn from copywriting?
I know copywriters that made so little they gave up and returned to their day job…

And copywriters that make $3 to $4 million per year.

To make the big bucks as a copywriter, you need to be good.

Darn good!!!

You need to be a master of persuasion with a deep understanding of how people are wired.

You need to be able to put words together in such a way that people keep reading your sales promotion — or watching the sales video you scripted — because they can’t wait to see what comes next.

You have to know what emotional hot buttons to hit… when… and how.

You need to work hard to find clients that understand the value you bring to the table — and pay you what you deserve.

You also need to find royalty-paying gigs — because it’s difficult to reach six-figures and beyond without receiving commissions on the sales your copy generates.

Add to all that a dash of luck…

That you land the right clients.

And get the right breaks.

That’s why only a small percentage of copywriters make the big bucks. But there’s no reason you can’t make a good living as a copywriter. It just takes talent, skill, hard work, persistence, and determination.

And, like I said, a little luck sure wouldn’t hurt!

1 Like

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Checkwell: 5:16pm On Jun 12, 2023
Behope:
Please if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen

Acct num:
Faith
First Bank

Lazy youth. Go and sit down.
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Ebonygeek(f): 5:19pm On Jun 12, 2023
Bacillus:
What kind of writing?
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by burp18: 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2023
Meerahbel:
First.

You have to love to write. You'll be writing over and over. You'll be editing. Clients will look at a piece you spent 5 hours and in 2 minutes will put red lines through it.

You'll feel like a failure, but that's what you deal with when you get into the "creative" world. Everyone has an opinion.

As Don Draper says in one of my favorite interactions talking about copywriting and its process, "People think monkeys can do this"

When talking about writing copy, "They can't do what we do, and they hate us for it."

Point is? You need thick skin because what you do will get changed by everyone from the CFO to the janitor. Be ready to stand behind your work. Writing can be one of the most vulnerable things you do.

How do I become a Master?

Read and learn from the best:

It doesn't stop there. Keep going.

Reading a book is only 5% of it. Look at ads you see in magazines, newspapers, on TV. Is what is written interesting and making me want to act?

Open your junk mail and read their copy.

Typically, it's horrible. Alot of *flash* and *huzzah* without any substance. The reason for all this?

You see what others are doing and what NOT to do (and what you should be doing).

That's another 10% (notice we're only at 15%).

If you don't absolutely love reading copy others do to learn from it, you're not going to enjoy this profession. Gary Halbert typically tore out ads he thought were great and kept them in a "Swipe" file. Every time he wrote copy, he pulled them all out for inspiration.

Pick up a Pen

For every new piece of copy, start with a brain dump. Look at the product or service, describe the benefits, what does a customer feel when using it, WHY should they buy it.

A secret?

Write down every reason a customer will say "NO" and then in your writing, subtly, answer those questions.

This is the brain dump process. You aren't editing. All ideas are "good" at this point.

Next...

Step away. You need time for your brain to organize thoughts. Go read, go walk, go play, go have sex. Anything but thinking about what's written. It's called the Incubation period.

What you'll find is you'll be taking a shower, walking, having sex, then EUREKA, an idea will hit that will connect different ideas together.

You'll jump out of shower (or the bed) and go and write some more. Here you are still not editing yourself, but developing your flow.

Write your Headline

This is the most important piece. Have you ever caught yourself flipping through a magazine and realize you've skipped most of it?

Sure. Want to know the reason?

Because the headlines didn't GRAB you. They didn't reach out of the page and catch your attention to tell your brain "Hey, this is interesting."Mastering?

You become a Master when you understand how to do all this over and over and over and perfecting it over and over.

Soon, your writing gets better. Ideas come faster. Your hourly rate goes soaring.

Mastering is simply taking something (much like a shooting movement in basketball) and repeating it until you know how to do it very well.

1. Mindset. Know you will Fail
2. Must love writing (and editing)
Read from the greats. Read copy you see all around you (paper mail, company emails, tv and radio ads. etc.)
3. Start with brain dumps of every idea in your head. Stretch your mind. Soon more ideas will come all the time.
4. Incubate all the time (looks like you aren't working, but your brain is. Endure the taunting comments from the non-creatives)
5. Put Eureka idea in action. Make each sentence compelling enough they want to read the next one.
6. Create a headline that catches (but doesn't lie)
7. Learn to edit yourself (I still struggle with this), but edit edit. It's tough to read your own writing. Everything sounds like crap at first. As you get better, you'll feel more confident.

Enjoy it!
Cc: abdulskulboy
you're good. I like you smiley

1 Like

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by IncredibleWrite: 6:26pm On Jun 12, 2023
Income is not stable as a freelancer. Some months are dried, some other months average, and then good. I work as a freelancer on Upwork.

Like this month I've already made about 310k when converted to naira. I hope to make around 500k by month's end God willing. Some months I barely make 80-100k. Some 150-200k. On some bad months, I may get just one gig and make say 40-50k.

It takes serious hard work and perseverance to sustain yourself on the platform. I've been into it since 2020 and I'm top-rated on there.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by iamclime(m): 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2023
I make good enough money to care of my needs
But I've been in the game for close to 2 decades, on and off. And you have to be consistent and really good at what you do. But there may be long periods of drought, when gigs may not come in at all.

1 Like

Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by iamclime(m): 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2023
IncredibleWrite:
Income is not stable as a freelancer. Some months are dried, some other months average, and then good. I work as a freelancer on Upwork.

Like this month I've already made about 310k when converted to naira. I hope to make around 500k by month's end God willing. Some months I barely make 80-100k. Some 150-200k. On some bad months, I may get just one gig and make say 40-50k.

It takes serious hard work and perseverance to sustain yourself on the platform. I've been into it since 2020 and I'm top-rated on there.

You are very correct on this one. Though I don't work on Upwork, I agree with your submission.
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by Love800(m): 8:48pm On Jun 12, 2023
Sir how do you do dis?

Am a writer but dont know hw to make money.
Bacillus:
Re: How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? by AfonjaPriest: 8:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
Behope:

Acct num:
Faith
First Bank

Faith is a serial criminal scammer and is here to promote his begging advert scam.
You should go to your church or mosque to beg and stop using different monikers on NAIRALAND to swindle people.
You have used over 50 monikers to beg. If you are genuine, you should have been known with one moniker. Using many is a clear indication you are a fraud.
The way I see it, you'll soon get deliverance from the Devil. Keep thinking you are deceiving people. There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed; covered that will not be opened.
The great day of your revelation is at hand. Be expectant, because surely it will come.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Ways To Easily Build Your Career / Workers Protest Factory Closure, Beg AMCON / HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.