Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo (26872 Views)

How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? / Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World / NAFDAC Warns Nigerians On Consumption Of Animal Hides And Skin (ponmo) As Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Hoii(m): 10:29am On Jun 12, 2023
Akuko
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by fiercehillz(m): 10:29am On Jun 12, 2023
Ponmo with pepper sauce plus better Smirnoff double black...chai

1 Like

Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by iammo(m): 10:29am On Jun 12, 2023
Tinubu trying to get our leather industry working

2 Likes

Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by ednut1(m): 10:30am On Jun 12, 2023
We should be making money from selling cow skin to luxury designers abroad. But we dey chop am 🤣
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 12, 2023
grin grin

Exercise in futility.

Nigerians will rather die than avoid ponmo and bush meat o!

Just put well spiced, soft and thick ponmo on the table and any alcohol brand washes down effortlessly. Make we no even talk of bush meat, cause that's on a different class of it own.
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by eepeepook: 10:31am On Jun 12, 2023
Every day, a new lie. Abeg, we import every thing in this country. Allow me consume hides and skin while you import Italian shoes. A hungry man is illiterate until full.

2 Likes

Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by CaptainFM1: 10:32am On Jun 12, 2023
MetroLane:
I trust Nigerians.

The ones wey go listen go try stay away from ponmo for like 3 months, then Dem go come back.

The other set of Nigerians, nothing you wan tell them.

Infact their slogan na " A ponmo a day, keeps the doctor away'.

I know the Ponmo you're referring to. grin
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Judolisco(m): 10:35am On Jun 12, 2023
Dey play oh... Anthrax go Don kill d ponmo seller b4 e sell am give us
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Juanmike(m): 10:35am On Jun 12, 2023
HeadNigga:
I am aDICKted to ponmo o
Ode
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by occfx: 10:36am On Jun 12, 2023
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Dzzzz: 10:36am On Jun 12, 2023
Ponmo wey we dey use guide you say make we no chop..Una papa
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Antell95(m): 10:41am On Jun 12, 2023
TheMensch:
Sugar causes this and that oo,, I quit using sugar,,
Soft drinks cause this and that oo,, I quit drinking soft drinks,,
Too much beer causes this and that oo,, I drink only two bottles in a whole damn week...

But you see this nonsense about ikpa (ponmo) wey them dey yarn,, I will gladly disobey it. Nonsense and anthrax disease. undecided
Ikpa ekpe, abadie?
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Mayeldah(m): 10:42am On Jun 12, 2023
I better eat 'without' than with Ponmo

never liked that stuff

1 Like

Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Diligent1(f): 10:42am On Jun 12, 2023
It is true, one of my relatives told me two weeks ago that when she complained about what she experienced to herbal doctor, she advised her to stop eating kpomo because they use tyre in the burning process, she gave her some herbal treatment and she is okay now.
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by 1Sharon(f): 10:43am On Jun 12, 2023
ednut1:
We should be making money from selling cow skin to luxury designers abroad. But we dey chop am 🤣

Nigerians are the only people that utilise EVERY part of the cow.
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Essential(m): 10:44am On Jun 12, 2023
longview007:
Its not for my Southwest brothers.
People and cheap tins, why not eat fish and beef for now.
One region cry for a tasteless shit.
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by JobNeededUrgent: 10:44am On Jun 12, 2023
Jeezuzpick:
Don't these people know what anthrax is?

No be by chopping pọ̀nmọ́ o!

If e ever show for Naija, anthrax go announce itseff sharperly!

If anthrax catch live cow, no be by pọ̀nmọ́ e go spread o!

E go don off enuff Fulani before e go enta abbatoir off all de butchers dem.

In fact, who go do de pọ̀nmọ́ sef?

If anthrax dey, nobody go even fit do pọ̀nmọ́, to talk less of make we see am chop.
you sound like you have first hand experience of the disease
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Martinsmine(m): 10:45am On Jun 12, 2023
Me no go gree for this one. . Poor man meatway we like. . . .
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by SirLakes: 10:46am On Jun 12, 2023
Dey play.....how much is 1kg of beef grin grin
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by olarent: 10:46am On Jun 12, 2023
I cant take that advice,i love it more than anything on earth.
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by DaddyJapan(m): 10:46am On Jun 12, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Me desist from eating gbomo

Una nor well
Anthrax kill una there

Wetin men take dey follow up booze for beer parlour

If them say make them list the symptoms of anthrax now them go begin list symptoms way other normal sickness like fever and malaria also get

Pipul tok pass dis one when Ebola enta Liberia.

If you feel say you too know pass experts, and say wilful ignorance dey blissful, den carry on. cool

What is Anthrax?
Anthrax is a serious infectious disease caused by gram-positive, rod-shaped bacteria known as Bacillus anthracis. It occurs naturally in soil and commonly affects domestic and wild animals around the world. People can get sick with anthrax if they come in contact with infected animals or contaminated animal products. Anthrax can cause severe illness in both humans and animals.

How people get infected with anthrax
People get infected with anthrax when spores get into the body. When anthrax spores get inside the body, they can be “activated.” The bacteria can then multiply, spread out in the body, produce toxins, and cause severe illness.

This can happen when people breathe in spores, eat food or drink water contaminated with spores, or get spores in a cut or scrape in the skin. It is very uncommon for people in the United States to get infected with anthrax.

Certain activities can also increase a person’s chances of getting infected.

How animals get infected with anthrax
Domestic and wild animals can become infected when they breathe in or ingest spores in contaminated soil, plants, or water. These animals can include cattle, sheep, goats, antelope, and deer. In areas where domestic animals have had anthrax in the past, routine vaccination can help prevent outbreaks.
Source: https://www.cdc.gov/anthrax/basics/index.html#
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by TheMensch(m): 10:48am On Jun 12, 2023
Antell95:
Ikpa ekpe, abadie?

Mmode mba oo jaka
Asok adia uwem
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by JobNeededUrgent: 10:49am On Jun 12, 2023
TheMensch:
Too much beer causes this and that oo,, I drink only two bottles in a whole damn week...

But you see this nonsense about ikpa (ponmo) wey them dey yarn,, I will gladly disobey it. Nonsense and anthrax disease. undecided
ikpa ennang ye ukod nnsung grin
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Pque(m): 10:50am On Jun 12, 2023
I can see how people love good things than their life.
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by MrFly(m): 10:52am On Jun 12, 2023
TheMensch:

ikpa akama ata inem
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by KennethEnyi(m): 10:52am On Jun 12, 2023
damosade:
Ponmo that I will continue to eat twice everyday, ponmo to mu ata. Anthrax ko atheist ni.

then, when you get to hellfire, you tell them that that it’s ponmo that brought you the way the devil would laugh at you ehn😂
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Babathanks(m): 10:52am On Jun 12, 2023
All this agency just need money 😂. Na yeye dy worry them.
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Originalsly: 10:53am On Jun 12, 2023
Tinubu needs to take a close look at the Federal Ministry of Agriculture. Whoever gives this warning needs to be kicked out .... immediately.

Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by BluntCrazeMan: 10:56am On Jun 12, 2023
The hatred for kponmo is too much..

Now, it is the cause of Anthrax.?
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by DaddyJapan(m): 10:58am On Jun 12, 2023
Originalsly:
Tinubu needs to take a close look at the Federal Ministry of Agriculture. Whoever gives this warning needs to be kicked out .... immediately.

More asinine comments, I see.

Don't you folks understand that it is experts who generally issue these types of warnings?

What is your qualification in the field?

Ghana confirms outbreak of anthrax

2023-06-07 10:04:15

ACCRA, June 6 (Xinhua) -- Ghanaian authorities confirmed the outbreak of anthrax in the northern parts of the country, said the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MoFA) on Tuesday.

The MoFA said in a statement that it had received confirmation that one of the samples sent from 11 persons in the Binduri district in the Upper East Region tested positive.

To forestall any further spread of infections, the MoFA has banned the movement of animals within, to, and from the Binduri district and the consumption of animals found dead in the affected areas.

The MoFA said last week that at least one person died, and 11 others manifested symptoms of suspected anthrax infection in the Binduri district of the Upper East Region after consuming the meat of a dead cow.

Source: https://english.news.cn/africa/20230607/9f498bfa88b847829ac3bb76bd2cc60a/c.html
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Topmaike007(m): 10:59am On Jun 12, 2023
The same pomo wey I dey go iya Ede place for ita Osun go chop?? Una no well at all with Una Utrax disease
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by EnterpriseMan: 11:02am On Jun 12, 2023
Me eating kpomo while reading this embarassed grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Funniest/Most Terrible Combination Of Foods You Have Ever Taken? / My Yummy Ofeakwu/banga Stew (maureensylvia Style) / Dirty Abattoirs In The South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.